PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired: Paul George Says "LeBron Is Easier To Guard Than Durant"

k0kakw0rld
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Source (http://www.balloverall.com/content/paul-george-says-lebron-is-easier-to-guard-than-durant)

Can not wait for tonight's game. This is good for the NBA :cheers: :rockon:

Black and White
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I think there is already a thread for this

TheReal Kendall
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Duh!

Durant has a better offensive game than Lebron.

branslowski
12-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Duh!

Durant has a better offensive game than Lebron.

This.

Just give LeBron the Jumper and you stop him, unless he's on fire shooting, then there's no gaurding him.

There's just no stopping Durant...Give him open jumpers? Buckets...Let him drive? Dunks n Fts...Play tight double team? Flail n foul called.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 07:38 PM
This.

Just give LeBron the Jumper and you stop him, unless he's on fire shooting, then there's no gaurding him.

There's just no stopping Durant...Give him open jumpers? Buckets...Let him drive? Dunks n Fts...Play tight double team? Flail n foul called.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Force LeBron to be an aggressive scorer, and/or WIDE open jump shooter he can be significantly less effective. He can at times crumble under the pressure on an individual level to be a dominant scorer. It's the biggest flaw in his abilities, and mentality. Has a difficult time switching gears to be dominant, and not selfless.

Droid101
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Force LeBron to be an aggressive scorer, and/or WIDE open jump shooter he can be significantly less effective.
Boris Diaw was able to do this.

plowking
12-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Boris Diaw was able to do this.

But elite defenders like Leonard and Green weren't?

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 07:49 PM
But elite defenders like Leonard and Green weren't?
The Spurs as a group let LeBron's mental fragility destroy himself for 6 games.

poido123
12-10-2013, 07:57 PM

This.

plowking
12-10-2013, 08:03 PM

The most scrutinized basketball player ever to play, who has 4 MVP's, and 2 titles is mentally fragile?

6 games? He had 3 great games... Was the tide turner in 1 of them, despite shooting poorly, and had a decent first game.

25/11/7 series average... lol at fragile.

O_City_Thunder
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
This.

This is as real as it gets :oldlol:

Repped

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 08:12 PM
The most scrutinized basketball player ever to play
Self induced through failures, or personal stupidity.

mentally fragile?
When compared to the Magic, Bird, Jordan, even Kobe's of the world? Yes. Clearly.

6 games? He had 3 great games...
@ this Heat groupie.

He had 1 great game. Game 7. The whole basketball world was ROASTING him again up until that point. Had his fickle fan base on ISH channeling their own cowardly LeBron getting ready to jump ship to fandom for another player.

He played average in game 1, bad in games 2, 4, and 5. Atrocious through the first 3 1/2 quarters of game 6. Had a decent stretch from mid 3rd to mid 4th, then disappeared at the end of game 6. Got a HUGE reputation / resume bail out from Ray Allen's miracle shot.

Game 7 is the only great game from that series. His game 3? Ummm, that was all D. Wade. LeBron padded his numbers against scrubs late in game after the fate had well been sealed.

And even the game 7, while amazing on paper, in context still doesn't particularly impress me. LeBron didn't force the Spurs to change their defense due to his dominance once in the entire series. In the make or break game they let the guy shoot wide open jump shots.

:oldlol:

Talk about disrespect for an all-time great. Coach Pop was stern in believing LeBron's lack of mid range, jump shooting skill, his tentativeness, and mental fragility / lack of confidence would continue to allow the Spurs to win games and contain him. LeBron was just finally smart enough to take advantage what was handed to him the entire series.

Who knows how short the series could've, and SHOULD'VE been if LeBron played actually great for the entire series as he did in that game 7. Guy was second guessing himself the entire time. Which made his statements before the series started about how confident he was in himself compared to 2007, and how much more improved he was as a shooter all the more entertaining.

Immensely talented, but sometimes he can't help but come across as a complete clown.

branslowski
12-10-2013, 08:18 PM

When compared to the Magic, Bird, Jordan, even Kobe's of the world? Yes. Clearly.

@ this Heat groupie.

He had 1 great game. Game 7. The whole basketball world was ROASTING him again up until that point. Had his fickle fan base on ISH channeling their own cowardly LeBron getting ready to jump ship to fandom for another player.

He played average in game 1, bad in games 2, 4, and 5. Atrocious through the first 3 1/2 quarters of game 6. Had a decent stretch from mid 3rd to mid 4th, then disappeared at the end of game 6. Got a HUGE reputation / resume bail out from Ray Allen's miracle shot.

Game 7 is the only great game from that series. His game 3? Ummm, that was all D. Wade. LeBron padded his numbers against scrubs late in game after the fate had well been sealed.

And even the game 7, while amazing on paper, in context still doesn't particularly impress me. LeBron didn't force the Spurs to change their defense due to his dominance once in the entire series. In the make or break game they let the guy shoot wide open jump shots.

Talk about disrespect for an all-time great. Coach Pop was stern in believing LeBron's lack of mid range, jump shooting skill, his tentativeness, and mental fragility / lack of confidence would continue to allow the Spurs to win games and contain him. LeBron was just finally smart enough to take advantage what was handed to him the entire series.

Who knows how short the series could've, and SHOULD'VE been if LeBron played actually great for the entire series as he did in that game 7. Guy was second guessing himself the entire time. Which made his statements before the series started about how confident he was in himself compared to 2007, and how much more improved he was as a shooter all the more entertaining.

Immensely talented, but sometimes he can't help but come across as a complete clown.

Truth.com:applause:

Tking714
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Yea easy to gaurd until you look up and Lebron dropped 15 assists on you

plowking
12-10-2013, 08:22 PM
SamuraiSwish, you're boring. Seriously. You post the same shit over and over.

You're like the kid in school who got the first flip phone and everyone thought you were the shit because of it. Then, mofos got touch screen phones, and you were still there with your flip phone trying to convince people its still hot.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
SamuraiSwish, you're boring. Seriously. You post the same shit over and over.

You're like the kid in school who got the first flip phone and everyone thought you were the shit because of it. Then, mofos got touch screen phones, and you were still there with your flip phone trying to convince people its still hot.

He does have a point tho, in regards to what was happening before game 7

Nash
12-10-2013, 08:25 PM
maybe its true.. individiually durant is tougher cuz of his length but when it comes to team defence lebron is a nightmare

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Soooo.... Where's the part where he says LeBron is easier to guard than Durant?

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
He does have a point tho, in regards to what was happening before game 7
That was plowking's mildly retarded response because he has nothing else to say.

plowking's that kid in school who lies about himself to make himself sound so cool. The one no one likes. But, let him log into his KingBeasley08 account and he'll tell you how handsome, cool, intelligent, or talented he is.

Anyone, let us carry on with the discussion. How am I boring when I was merely responding the active conversation about LeBron getting disrespect and shut down in the Finals when forced to be a scorer off WIDE OPEN jump shots.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 08:32 PM
That was plowking's mildly retarded response because he has nothing else to say.

plowking's that kid in school who lies about himself to make himself sound so cool. The one no one likes. But, let him log into his KingBeasley08 account and he'll tell you how handsome, cool, intelligent, or talented he is.

Anyone, let us carry on with the discussion. How am I boring when I was merely responding the active conversation about LeBron getting disrespect and shut down in the Finals when forced to be a scorer off WIDE OPEN jump shots.

Hahahaha oh i see, kingbeasley is also his account?

Your right tho, superstars generally command the attention of their defender, ive hardly seen someone given open shots on purpose and be challenged to shoot when he is considered the best player in the league, thats a knock against LeBron, one can only imagine, if he ended up missing some of those shots and didn't win the title, who knows what direction his career would have taken.

plowking
12-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Game 6 isn't a great game? I missed where a 30 point triple double is a bad game.
Even with his supposed stat padding in game 3 or whatever it was, he already had 27 points before his last 6 points in garbage time. But let me guess, hes supposed to miss shots deliberately while on the court? :oldlol:

KingBeasley08 is me? I didn't even know a poster with that username existed, let alone being him. :oldlol:
Stop trying to accuse me of having alts on here when you were the one caught out applauding yourself, and hyping your own arguments with an account you yourself verified as one of your alts. I wish I could find that thread. :oldlol:

Pointguard
12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
If he did say it, he's my new favorite player. I like it when guys at least think the best should be challenged.

unbreakable
12-10-2013, 09:01 PM

@ this Heat groupie.

ETHER

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

STATUTORY
12-10-2013, 09:02 PM

@ this Heat groupie.

:applause: :applause: :roll: :roll: :roll: not sure if ether or truth serum

secund2nun
12-10-2013, 09:18 PM
No ether. Samurai has no credibility when speaking about Lebron. If Jordan had a 30 point triple double like Lebron did in game 6 of the finals Samurai would circle jerk to it for days, yet Lebron does it and it is dismissed.

Back to back champ....going on for a 3 peat. Finals MVP 25/11/7. Get over it.

plowking
12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Jordan basically averaged that against Magic, and Byron Scott's Lakers in the 1991 Finals.

31 ppg, 7 rpg, 11 apg, 3 spg on 56% shooting

v.s.

25 ppg, 11 rpg, 7 apg, 2 spg on 45% shooting

MJ's had so many Finals performances on another level than LeBron's 2x horrendous outings, his 1 good Finals, and his 1 mediocre / padded Finals ...

Talking about this with a clown like you is a waist of time.

Wait until LeBron goes from good Finals to legendary, then does it 3 times on that level before you put him in the same sentence as Jordan.

Those Laker teams were known for their lockdown defense.

Oh wait, let me log into my other account to back myself up. BRB.

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 09:41 PM
If Jordan had a 30 point triple double like Lebron did in game 6 of the finals Samurai would circle jerk to it for days, yet Lebron does it and it is dismissed
Jordan basically averaged that against Magic, and Byron Scott's Lakers in the 1991 Finals.

31 ppg, 7 rpg, 11 apg, 3 spg on 56% shooting

v.s.

25 ppg, 11 rpg, 7 apg, 2 spg on 45% shooting

6 more PPG, 4 more APG, another SPG ... and 11% more EFFICIENT for you fantasy, Prius, LeBron era geeks. Brew on that, clown.

MJ's had so many Finals performances on another level than LeBron's 2x horrendous outings, his 1 good Finals, and his 1 mediocre / padded Finals ...

Talking about this with a clown like you is a waist of time.

Wait until LeBron goes from good Finals to legendary, then does it 3 times on that level before you put him in the same sentence as Jordan.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Those Laker teams were known for their lockdown defense.

FYI, that Lakers team was rated #5 defensively, holding teams under 100ppg (99.6).

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 09:47 PM
FYI, that Lakers team was rated #5 defensively, holding to teams to under 100ppg (99.6).
:oldlol: @ plowking not being old enough to have done his research. And unlike LeBron w/ Boris Diaw. The Lakers actually needed to ... and PLAYED defense on Jordan.

plowking
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
FYI, that Lakers team was rated #5 defensively, holding to teams to under 100ppg (99.6).

Damn, for real?

Their wing defenders must have been great, right?

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Make sure to add on how a normal run of the mill looking dude is "handsome"

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Damn, for real?

Their wing defenders must have been great, right?

Hmmm.

b1imtf
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM

I'd hit.

plowking
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM

How mad are you that I didn't get owned in that thread? :oldlol:

The account that posted that pic was probably you. :oldlol: You're the one known for having Lakers and Bulls alternate accounts.
Me on the other hand, none. :oldlol:

I guess all the other accounts in there that called me above average looking, and normal were all me? :oldlol:
Grow up dude.

plowking
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd hit.

More of my alts brah.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 09:59 PM
How mad are you that I didn't get owned in that thread? :oldlol:

The account that posted that pic was probably you. :oldlol: You're the one known for having Lakers and Bulls alternate accounts.
Me on the other hand, none. :oldlol:

I guess all the other accounts in there that called me above average looking, and normal were all me? :oldlol:
Grow up dude.

What the? Was there some thread that you had a pic of yourself on and people decided how good looking you were? :biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Hmmm.
Byron Scott, Tony Teagle, Tony Smith ... Scott was slightly injured, but he's obviously a good perimeter defender. Other guys weren't too bad, either. Their rim protection and size with Campbell, Divac is why their team defense was top five in the league.

Trentknicks
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
More of my alts brah.
Weren't you the guy that admitted to giving another guy a rim job at the UQ toga party then deleted it?

plowking
12-10-2013, 10:01 PM
What the? Was there some thread that you had a pic of yourself on and people decided how good looking you were? :biggums:

Nah, Samurai got mad, used an alternate account, posted a picture of me trying to get people to hate, and in the end, backfired.

The fact he cares how I look so much is disturbing. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
12-10-2013, 10:01 PM
No, someone posted a pic of him. And some random poster "KingBeasley08" registration date 2010, guy notoriously rides LeBron, has King in his username as well as Beasley (plow's current avatar) and immediately calls a very average looking guy "handsome" ... hardly a coincidence.

plowking
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Weren't you the guy that admitted to giving another guy a rim job at the UQ toga party then deleted it?

That's hilarious.

You Aussie? Go to UQ?

Trentknicks
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM

That's hilarious.

You Aussie? Go to UQ?
Hahah yeah, just thought i'd throw a spanner in the works on this thread.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
No, someone posted a pic of him. And some random poster "KingBeasley08" registration date 2010, guy notoriously rides LeBron, has King in his username as well as Beasley (plow's current avatar) and immediately calls a very average looking guy "handsome" ... hardly a coincidence.

Was that the only person that said he was handsome???

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Nah, Samurai got mad, used an alternate account, posted a picture of me trying to get people to hate, and in the end, backfired.

The fact he cares how I look so much is disturbing. :oldlol:

Where do people get your pics from?

Clifton
12-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd agree with that. But while you're containing Lebron, he's picking your defense to shreds, and leading one of the most pesky and effective defenses in the league on the other end. and he's still going to score 25.

Lebron scores much more as a result of the defense just not paying attention than Durant does. Durant earns more of his points. It's partly because he has to (doesn't have Lebron's athleticism or court sense), but mostly because he's just a much better scorer in every way, especially from range.

plowking
12-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Hahah yeah, just thought i'd throw a spanner in the works on this thread.

Oh shit. Come play ball at the outside courts, near the tennis center on weekends. Its not too bad. Good fun.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Byron Scott, Tony Teagle, Tony Smith ... Scott was slightly injured, but he's obviously a good perimeter defender. Other guys weren't too bad, either. Their rim protection and size with Campbell, Divac is why their team defense was top five in the league.

Oh for sure. Just wasn't sure if Plowqueen was asking a rhetorical question. :oldlol:

aj1987
12-11-2013, 05:18 AM

Isn't MJ much bigger than all those guys?

Anyways, I still don't understand how game 1 was a bad game. 18/18/10...

pauk
12-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Kobe: "Reggie Miller is the toughest player i ever had to guard"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU

...is Reggie a better offensive player than Jordan? Nope... the reason Kobe says that is because its logically tougher/more exhausting to guard a pure shooter moving around alot with all those tricks & moves of screens looking to do nothing but shoot/score soon as he touches the basket... which ironically is exactly what Paul George mentioned the reason being choosing Durant here.... considering Durant is similar to Reggie that way kindof, but this guy is 6'11".... Durant is also looking to score much more often than Lebron aswell, so that plays a factor aswell...

With that being said, i do agree with Paul George... but 1on1, im not sure..... i seriously doubt anybody will have an easier time trying to keep a ~6'9-270 guy who is faster/stronger/ (and oh better i would say) than Durant from getting to the basket.... without having 4 teammates behind him....

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 05:55 AM
I don't know if it's been covered, probably has, but Kobe verbatim said Reggie was his toughest cover.

REGGIE MILLER'S BETTER THAN PRIME JORDAN!

knicksman
12-11-2013, 06:04 AM
but but I thought lebron is the most unstoppable player:lol ..This is the reason why lebron went to miami coz hes not getting it done on the big stage.

ILLsmak
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM

lmao. Who is gonna say yes to that question?

-Smak

diamenz
12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
this plowking guy... LoL.

Asukal
12-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't know if it's been covered, probably has, but Kobe verbatim said Reggie was his toughest cover.

Kobe guarded prime Jordan? :biggums:

imnew09
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Reggie is a pure deadly shooter. Having to constantly chasing him down on the 3 pt line is extremely tedious btw...

pegasus
12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Kobe guarded prime Jordan? :biggums:

:applause:

That should be the end of this discussion.

Fudge
12-11-2013, 02:39 PM
What's a plowking?

Eat Like A Bosh
12-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Makes sense though. When you guard score first players like Durant Kobe or Melo, who are always aggressively looking for their own shot more, it's going to be hard. Imagine Durant just blowing by and dunking on your ass, or Kobe hitting a beautiful fadeaway J in your face. You as the defender, look bad because it was your assignment.

However for, LeBron, who plays a pass first approach at times, isn't the same. He could hit up Dwyane Wade with a nice backdoor cut and it makes Wade's defender look bad, not you. There's not much you can do when someone drops dimes on you.

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Isn't MJ much bigger than all those guys?
Bigger = better defender? Dat logic.

LeBron has had his most trouble with: Jimmy Butler, 40 year old Jason Kidd, 40 year old Shawn Marion all guys who were smaller than him. Guys who negate the easy drive to the basket because of superior lateral quickness, and hand speed / anticipation skills.

Being taller, or bigger has never in basketball history meant someone is better at defense.

Also, to answer your question. Not really. Scott is like 6'4 / 6'5 so he's right around Jordan's height. Tony Smith is like 6'4, and Teagle was 6'6 listed height just like Jordan.

All Net
12-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Durant is an unstoppable offensive force.. Why is this shots fired?

aj1987
12-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Bigger = better defender? Dat logic.

LeBron has had his most trouble with: Jimmy Butler, 40 year old Jason Kidd, 40 year old Shawn Marion all guys who were smaller than him. Guys who negate the easy drive to the basket because of superior lateral quickness, and hand speed / anticipation skills.
Kidd (37), Marion (31) and Butler are all elite defenders. Byron, Tony (played 32 minutes), and Terry (played 14 MPG) aren't.

Being taller, or bigger has never in basketball history meant someone is better at defense.
It does matter when the guy you're guarding is the GOAT and has a good 3 inches and 10-20 lbs on you.

Also, to answer your question. Not really. Scott is like 6'4 / 6'5 so he's right around Jordan's height. Tony Smith is like 6'4, and Teagle was 6'6 listed height just like Jordan.
Scott is listed at 6'3", Smith is 6'3" and Teagle is 6'5". These are their listed heights on BBR, Wiki, etc.

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Is this suppose to be news? Everyone who is not a Heat Fanboy poser knows that if you replace Bron with Durant, they beat Dallas and wade gets another ring. Durant is harder to guard and it's not even debatable, so not sure if serious about the "shots fired" comment.

aj1987
12-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Is this suppose to be news? Everyone who is not a Heat Fanboy poser knows that if you replace Bron with Durant, they beat Dallas and wade gets another ring. Durant is harder to guard and it's not even debatable, so not sure if serious about the "shots fired" comment.
How're they beating the Bulls though? Wade had a shitty series.

Horde of Temujin
12-12-2013, 09:52 AM
The most scrutinized basketball player ever to play, who has 4 MVP's, and 2 titles is mentally fragile?

6 games? He had 3 great games... Was the tide turner in 1 of them, despite shooting poorly, and had a decent first game.

25/11/7 series average... lol at fragile.

Get off his nuts

PJR
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
:oldlol: LeBron/Heat haters are still live and well I see. Clinging to any and every anecdote that helps you feel better about the situation. I believe some you may legitimately kill yourselves come June once this three-peat is wraped up.

"It's only entertainment"