PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Dismisses The Pacers Rivalry Talk

dunksby
12-11-2013, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE]INDIANAPOLIS

imnew09
12-11-2013, 03:18 AM
There was rivalry until he joined 2 other superstars to form a superteam :facepalm

Ai2death
Well it's not a rivalry so :confusedshrug:

moe94
Apparently it's not a rivalry unless it's 5 decades old and spans multiple generations of players, at least.

TheReal Kendall
12-11-2013, 03:19 AM
I guess its not realy one since they're the champs but to act like this game didn't mean anything is just ridiculous to me.

I just watched ESPN talk about the game and it was sickening. They was really d riding LeBron

I wish there were more sports channels.

Nuff Said
12-11-2013, 03:21 AM
There was rivalry until he joined 2 other superstars to form a superteam :facepalm
What two superstars did he join with?

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Translation; it's not a rivalry because we may lose. Be honest dude. Keep pretending you didn't get up for this game.

davehos
12-11-2013, 03:23 AM

This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

... know something ... those greats started and finished with the same team. That's why Lebron is not in their league and never will be. They worked their way to the top; they didn't have Pat Riley to buy it for them.

If LeBron took the Cavs to a couple titles (and it would have happened if he hadn't sold out) he'd be revered today along with those names I mentioned. Right now LeBron is just a topic of contention.

imnew09
12-11-2013, 03:23 AM
What two superstars did he join with?

Shame on you with a Wade display pic :facepalm

Ai2death
12-11-2013, 03:27 AM
There was a topic on rivalries just the other day.
Basically, you don't go giving your rivals high gives in the middle of a playoff game.

There's no bad blood between them. Closest thing to a rivalry now is Clippers and Grizzlies. Rivals are suppose to hate each other.

crunk-juice
12-11-2013, 03:27 AM
lol LeBron isn't a big of a ******* as Wade is, but dammit he tries.

all he does is downplay chit with his words, yet make the opposite painfully obvious with his actions and mannerisms

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 03:28 AM
This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

... know something ... those greats started and finished with the same team. That's why Lebron is not in their league and never will be. They worked their way to the top; they didn't have Pat Riley to buy it for them.Yeah, cuz none of those 4 had any help. We gotta stop this revisionist history of one stud per team and role players nonsense. Aside from Jordan every single one of those guys would have entertained offers in this environment.

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 03:28 AM
This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

... know something ... those greats started and finished with the same team. That's why Lebron is not in their league and never will be. They worked their way to the top; they didn't have Pat Riley to buy it for them.

If LeBron took the Cavs to a couple titles (and it would have happened if he hadn't sold out) he'd be revered today along with those names I mentioned. Right now LeBron is just a topic of contention.
:eek: @ dat ether

imdaman99
12-11-2013, 03:29 AM
No rivalries. This phony is giving daps in the middle of a playoff game after someone dunks on him.

Of course he doesn't want a rivalry, he couldn't deal with a whole team hating him unless it was his personal lapdog wizards of 6-7 years ago.

davehos
Yeah, cuz none of those 4 had any help. We gotta stop this revisionist history of one stud per team and role players nonsense. Aside from Jordan every single one of those guys would have entertained offers in this environment.

Revisionist? Are you serious? They had help but it was through the draft. Not some sort of "taking my talents to South Beach (along with my all-star friends)" crap.

Jordan hated Isiah. The feeling was mutual.
Bird and Magic respected each other but wanted nothing more than to crush the other on the court.

... seriously ... don't even try to pretend LeBron is some sort of bad ass. He's a great player. Would I pick him to take the final shot in a series over any of the names I mentioned? Hell, no.

no pun intended
Basically, you don't go giving your rivals high gives in the middle of a playoff game.

There's no bad blood between them. Closest thing to a rivalry now is Clippers and Grizzlies. Rivals are suppose to hate each other.
http://i.imgur.com/4wU85CL.png
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2606667/lebronshove.gif

STATUTORY
12-11-2013, 03:30 AM
no rivlaries, if the pacers get good enough. Lebron will just join the squad

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 03:30 AM
No rivalries. This phony is giving daps in the middle of a playoff game after someone dunks on him.

Of course he doesn't want a rivalry, he couldn't handle it.
:wtf: @ the amount of ether being laid down in this thread.

Stop it guys, LeBron against his conference rival tonight was VERY efficient w/ his volume 17 points the Heat so desperately needed.

There is no rivalry between the two.

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Revisionist? Are you serious? They had help but it was through the draft. Not some sort of "taking my talents to South Beach (along with my all-star friends)" crap.

Bird and Magic respected each other but wanted nothing more than to crush the other on the court.

... seriously ... don't even try to pretend LeBron is some sort of bad ass. He's a great player. Would I pick him to take the final shot in a series over any of the names I mentioned? Hell, no.Short of Zeke's Pistons you really, really need to research how those teams were built. It was ALL shrewd managerial moves. It wasn't hey we suck, draft X w/ our own pick and build a monster.

fiddy
12-11-2013, 03:36 AM
its official, bron=*****

Scholar
12-11-2013, 03:37 AM
LBJ is too good to have rivals :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well, that's because he ends up joining his rivals.

:biggums:

davehos
12-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Short of Zeke's Pistons you really, really need to research how those teams were built. It was ALL shrewd managerial moves. It wasn't hey we suck, draft X w/ our own pick and build a monster.

We probably agree on more than we disagree. I guess I turned it more into about the player than the team but I think my point stands.

If you want to be great, you beat the best .. not play with the best.

moe94
12-11-2013, 03:39 AM

Whenever it's conveinent, Wade and Bosh are trash and every other time, they're superstar teammates.

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Dios Mio @ all this unadulterated ETHER on ISH tonight:

Well, that's because he ends up joining his rivals.

no rivlaries, if the pacers get good enough. Lebron will just join the squad

seriously ... don't even try to pretend LeBron is some sort of bad ass. He's a great player. Would I pick him to take the final shot in a series over any of the names I mentioned? Hell, no.

LeBron doesn't want to lead the Looney Tunes, he wants to join the Monstars. #noheart ... #easywins

moe94
12-11-2013, 04:01 AM
LeBron doesn't want to lead the Looney Tunes, he wants to join the Monstars. #noheart ... #easywins

The Looney Tunes won, though. And who the hell would rather be the dumbass Tunes than 15 foot fire breathing monsters?

bdreason
12-11-2013, 04:06 AM
If the Pacers knock the Heat out of the playoffs this year... then it will be a rivalry. I kind of agree with LeBron though that it can't be a rivalry until both sides win.

RoseCity07
12-11-2013, 04:17 AM
You expect a 4 time MVP and back to back champion to show respect to a team that hasn't won anything? Please. Pacers can talk when they win a series against Miami.

buddha
12-11-2013, 04:20 AM
This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

This is so stupid on so many levels.

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 04:20 AM
The Looney Tunes won, though. And who the hell would rather be the dumbass Tunes than 15 foot fire breathing monsters?
The Looneys won because of the heart, leadership and competitive fire of Jordan ... plus a dash of sidekick help of Bill Murray. The Looneys, while not as talented had actual heart, competitive grit.

The only people who want to be Monstars are for super friend, un-competitive homos. LeBron doesn't want to stand up as the lone heroic player against the bullies. He wants to join the thugs, and be one of the bullies. Gang mentality is for softies.

If the Pacers knock the Heat out of the playoffs this year... then it will be a rivalry. I kind of agree with LeBron though that it can't be a rivalry until both sides win.
That logic makes little sense. Knicks v.s. Bulls didn't become a rivalry until the Knicks beat a big brother-less Bulls in 1994? They didn't have a heated rivalry in '92, and '93?

Come on now, that has never made any sense. The Bulls weren't rivals with the Pistons from '88 - '90, only until '91 when they finally beat them? And Detroit fell into complete irrelevancy.

Ai2death
12-11-2013, 04:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4wU85CL.png
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2606667/lebronshove.gif

What Lebron says and what is true are 2 very different things.

Not 1, not 2, not 3... I don't flop... Blah blah you get the picture.

pauk
12-11-2013, 04:46 AM
He is right... :confusedshrug:

A rivalry is created when two equals inevitably meet to battle for one goal where the outcome most likely is unknown over and over... which means its not officially a rivalry until one beats the other and vice versa... and that rivalry is created most notably only in one place, the playoffs...

A rivalry is not when one team gets beaten there all the time.... the losing team might consider the winning team their rivals but not the other way around until they lose and come to terms with.... that those are their rivals...

Indiana & Miami are the best teams in the east, they will duke it out in the playoffs but the outcome has been the same for a long time (at least until Lebron came to Miami).... so i dont think we can call it a rivalry at this moment... i dont think Miami/Lebron will accept it as a rivarly until Indiana forces them... like what happened with the Lakers/Celtics... but i do think Miami/Lebron ofcourse respect them & consider them being of the best teams and the biggest problem for them in the East...

Same thesis goes with player rivalries....

ripthekik
12-11-2013, 04:48 AM

A rivalry is created when two equals inevitably meet to battle for one goal where the outcome most likely is unknown over and over... which means its not officially a rivalry until one beats the other and vice versa... and that rivalry is created most notably only in one place, the playoffs...

A rivalry is not when one team gets beaten there all the time.... the losing team might consider the winning team their rivals but not the other way around until they lose and understand.... that those are their rivals...

Same thesis goes with player rivalries.... its not a rivalry until it really is a rivalry....
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9CAVx6J9ppo/UqfOwDLK7AI/AAAAAAAAEqc/70LlpDTFMHs/s400/lbjair.gif

pauk
12-11-2013, 04:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9CAVx6J9ppo/UqfOwDLK7AI/AAAAAAAAEqc/70LlpDTFMHs/s400/lbjair.gif

They losed a regular season game.... yes... but they lost to a couple of other teams to.... thats pretty many "rivalries" created huh?

But i know rippie, that was not your point, yes Lebron choked, im pleased to see you happy sometimes...

brandonislegend
12-11-2013, 04:58 AM

look at wade :oldlol:

havoc33
12-11-2013, 05:09 AM

... seriously ... don't even try to pretend LeBron is some sort of bad ass. He's a great player. Would I pick him to take the final shot in a series over any of the names I mentioned? Hell, no.
+1

Lebron might not want to admit it, but the Pacers are gunning for Miami, and from the looks and talk from the players during the closing seconds, it's def a rivalry in the making.

Besides Lebron is wrong about this anyway. We all called the Bulls-Knicks playoff battles a rivalry back in the 90s, even though the Bulls always came out on top. The Bulls won in 89, 91, 92 and 93, before the Knicks finally won with MJ out in 94. And players were friends with each other on those teams too. MJ and Ewing, Pippen and Oakley etc.

sportjames23
12-11-2013, 05:11 AM

Well, I don't think the Pacers have a lot of love for the Heat. I think the Heat, lead by Lebron, don't see the Pacers as rivals.

In a way, I can see where Lebron is coming from. The NBA has become so dull and watered down, especially since Stern killed any intensity players should have after the Brawl at the Palace.

However, make no mistake--Indiana/Miami IS a rivalry. They've played the past two years in the playoffs. There's no love lost between them (especially on Indiana's side).

But for Lebron to kinda dismiss any rivalry talk and not get up for a game like this, THIS is the kinda stuff that separates the likes of MJ, Bird and Magic from Lebron, IMO. Those three legends I mentioned would absolutely get up for this kind of game. Hell, even players like Barkley, Dominique, Ewing, Olajuwon and Malone would be ready to play at their best for this type of game. Kobe is Old School like that.

I can remember watching plenty of Bulls vs Hawks games back in the day, and the pre-game hype was off the chain. You could tell there was a lot of excitement from the crowd as two superstars or two good/great teams were about to square off. And MJ and Nique fvckin' BROUGHT IT, going back and forth trading shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrz10RQhEWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1KhbEpVCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISv1ybVi9L8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbG3_rWqx0

And that's just MJ and Nique. I could post games of Bird vs Magic, MJ vs Barkley, Dream vs Robinson, etc.

These statement games are the games you NEED to get up for. And don't get it twisted--this WAS a statement game.

Now, I believe the Heat and Pacers play again soon, in Miami this time. Will Lebron be so casual about the next game?

sportjames23
12-11-2013, 05:14 AM
+1

Lebron might not want to admit it, but the Pacers are gunning for Miami, and from the looks and talk from the players during the closing seconds, it's def a rivalry in the making.

Besides Lebron is wrong about this anyway. We all called the Bulls-Knicks playoff battles a rivalry back in the 90s, even though the Bulls always came out on top. The Bulls won in 89, 91, 92 and 93, before the Knicks finally won with MJ out in 94. And players were friends with each other on those teams too. MJ and Ewing, Pippen and Oakley etc.

Exactly.

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm seriously, REALLY, not trying to knock Lebron for this, but I get the vibe (from my obviously long NBA career) that he's just not familiar with battling. That's not just on him, it's the whole new AAU generation. Guys want rings because it builds brands now (and there is ABSOLUTELY 100% NOTHING "WRONG" WITH THAT, MAKE THAT MONEY), but all these dudes come up friendly now. They all know each other soon as they hit puberty. They play on AAU and camp squads together, they room together. They go to diploma mill high schools so they can get in the same tourneys and seen by scouts, they go to diploma mill NCAA "schools" so they can get seen

I put absolutely none of that on the players. Again, make as much money as you can while you can, absolutely zero hate. Some jealousy sure, but no hate.

But "amateur" basketball is killing the sport. It's making it an engine to drive your brand, build your Q score. I don't have any clue how to fix it really, we're too far gone. And really, in the grand scheme, there's no reason to "fix" it, don't let basketball use you and and all that. It's just, I don't know, it's a shame. It started and any fix ended with Jordan Brand. Now it's all marketing.

I'm not a purist, I want every single one of these dudes to make a fortune. But I also don't want Fanbase X to have no hope to vicariously live through them and get their replica ring.

InspiredLebowski
12-11-2013, 05:27 AM
+1

Give me a reason Pat Riley signed a guy that hadn't played a regular season minute in literally 3 2/3 years or so other than Roy Hibbert.

ripthekik
12-11-2013, 05:35 AM
It's just the "in" thing to do for this new generations of NBA ballers to not "acknowledge" their rivals.. it is basically disrespecting them in an indirect way, which is very beta. There was nothing for Lebron to gain if he acknowledged them as rivals.. because there would now be more pressure which he is not good at.. also he just lost..

Back in the days you'll see teams acknowledging they hate the other team straight forward, not play little beta games like this. Hell, didn't the Bulls or Celtics or some other east team recently openly admitted they don't like the Heat? Now that's the right thing to say :applause:

knicksman
12-11-2013, 06:15 AM
LOL what do you expect from a beta? he doesnt want rivalry and instead join his supposed to be rivals.

NattyPButter
12-11-2013, 06:26 AM
he's right it's the media that tries to push this rivalry crap down our throats. The Bulls were their rivals last year. Make up your damn minds. So if the Bobcats meet them in the conference finals are they the new rivals?

russwest0
12-11-2013, 07:08 AM
I guess its not realy one since they're the champs but to act like this game didn't mean anything is just ridiculous to me.

I just watched ESPN talk about the game and it was sickening. They was really d riding LeBron

I wish there were more sports channels.

Agreed

#number6ix#
12-11-2013, 07:28 AM
We just had a thread about rivalries no too long ago and everybody was pretty much saying there wasn't any real revalries in the nba... Now Lebron says it its a problem

fiddy
12-11-2013, 07:32 AM
We just had a thread about rivalries no too long ago and everybody was pretty much saying there wasn't any real tablature in the nba... Now Lebron says it its a problem
Heat are the defending champs, the Pacers have been holding the #1 spot in the leastern conference for a long time. No rivalry here? How about some common sense?

Rondo
12-11-2013, 07:49 AM

A rivalry is not when one team gets beaten there all the time.... the losing team might consider the winning team their rivals but not the other way around until they lose and come to terms with.... that those are their rivals...

Indiana & Miami are the best teams in the east, they will duke it out in the playoffs but the outcome has been the same for a long time (at least until Lebron came to Miami).... so i dont think we can call it a rivalry at this moment... i dont think Miami/Lebron will accept it as a rivarly until Indiana forces them... like what happened with the Lakers/Celtics... but i do think Miami/Lebron ofcourse respect them & consider them being of the best teams and the biggest problem for them in the East...

Same thesis goes with player rivalries....

So you can't be rivals if you just straight up dislike each other? It can only be a rivalry borne out of competition? Wrong.

LeBron's talking crap. He knows the Pacers have a rivalry with them and he's too scared to admit it because he knows that they may well have his number.

CelticBaller
12-11-2013, 07:52 AM
well he can't join the pacers so I see why :confusedshrug:

fiddy
12-11-2013, 07:57 AM
So you can't be rivals if you just straight up dislike each other? It can only be a rivalry borne out of competition? Wrong.

LeBron's talking crap. He knows the Pacers have a rivalry with them and he's too scared to admit it because he knows that they may well have his number.
Pacers are one the toughest teams in the league, while Heat are one of the gayest in the league. Its more then obvious Bron doesnt want any rivalry with the Pacers.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dwyane-Wade-Black-Nail-Polish.jpg

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 07:57 AM
takes paycut to form superteam and win multiple championships, whines about lack of rivalries.

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Pacers consider it a rivalry because they've yet to get past the Heat...it's just one team (Pacers) having a grudge against another (Heat) that's spoiled their chances the past 2 years, possibly three in a row if things go Miami's way in 2014.

Like others mentioned...there was a thread on rivalries and the consensus was that there wasn't any, Lebron basically highlights/acknowledges that and everyone jumps ship :rolleyes:

and also another who gives good example, Bulls were a rival in 2011 beause they were seeded, now the Pacers are seeded so they are the new rival...Bobcats get seeded, they automatically become a rival. does this make the Mavs, OKC and Spurs rivals too? :facepalm

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
takes paycut to form superteam and win multiple championships, whines about lack of rivalries.

paycut, yet still ranked top 10 in salary for this season :confusedshrug:

PJR
12-11-2013, 09:50 AM
This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

You sound absolutely retarded. But that's par for the course with ISH.

Sakkreth
12-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Pacers are one the toughest teams in the league, while Heat are one of the gayest in the league. Its more then obvious Bron doesnt want any rivalry with the Pacers.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dwyane-Wade-Black-Nail-Polish.jpg

Lol did that seriously happened ? :roll:

Btw he's kind of right about rivalries.

joeysms55
12-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Well Pacers hasn't really beat them, so yea its not a rivalry

Dresta
12-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Rival - 'a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity'

So yes, and it is clearly you that is wrong.

Enmity is not rivalry. You can't just apply words to mean whatever you want them to mean, you know. If you want a broader range of meanings, learn more words; don't simply change the meanings of the words you know to make them fit.

:facepalm

niko
12-11-2013, 10:35 AM
He's just tweaking them because he lost. Nothing else. He doesn't believe this, or care about the definition of rivalry. He lost, he's tweaking them. That's all. No deep analysis required.

PJR
12-11-2013, 10:37 AM
He's just tweaking them because he lost. Nothing else. He doesn't believe this, or care about the definition of rivalry. He lost, he's tweaking them. That's all. No deep analysis required.

James made his comments Tuesday night before a game against the Heat's supposed new Eastern Conference rivals, the Indiana Pacers.

RIF.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 10:59 AM
:roll:

Thanks for clearing that one up then - showing us that only a niko-style analysis was required to solve this apparent conundrum (i.e. asserting the blatantly untrue as if it were a sanctified truism, but also with a complete absence of evidence or argument).

I applaud you for the clear-eyed perspicacity of your quite remarkable intuition niko, you truly are a wonder :applause: .

niko
12-11-2013, 11:08 AM
:roll:

Thanks for clearing that one up then - showing us that only a niko-style analysis was required to solve this apparent conundrum (i.e. asserting the blatantly untrue as if it were a sanctified truism, but also with a complete absence of evidence or argument).

I applaud you for the clear-eyed perspicacity of your quite remarkable intuition niko, you truly are a wonder :applause: .
I applaud you for not using ten curse words to describe me. :cheers:

So he was tweaking them pre game. Big difference. Do you think Lebron was thinking of the definition of rivalry and how it fit this situation or do you think he wanted to discredit the Pacers? Which is more likely?

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 11:15 AM
This x100.

Jordan vs. Isiah
Bird vs. Magic

http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/michael-jordan-wizards.jpg

http://www.nba.com/lakers/photos/riley_magic_111003_650.jpg

fiddy
12-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Lol did that seriously happened ? :roll:

Btw he's kind of right about rivalries.
I guess you have missed the part when Wade wore his wife clothes or something.

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 11:18 AM

So he was tweaking them pre game. Big difference. Do you think Lebron was thinking of the definition of rivalry and how it fit this situation or do you think he wanted to discredit the Pacers? Which is more likely?

discredit the rivalry notion, not the Pacers...stop with the agenda! :facepalm

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that everyone was trying to tell us that bulls are the Heats rivals?:confusedshrug:

Sorry, but not every team under the sun can be a rivalry.

However, if the heat and pacers play each other in the playoffs for a 3rd year in a row (which they probably will) I'd say its now a rivalry.

edrick
12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
If and when the Pacers can beat the Heat in the playoffs, then maybe. How the hell are teams rivals when only one side wins in the playoffs? lol Makes no sense to me.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 11:26 AM

I wouldn't dare to postulate what Lebron was thinking, because i am not telepathic, and anything i could say on the matter would be conjecture at best.

But regardless of what his intentions were, he was correct (definitionally) in asserting it not to be a rivalry, as the Pacers have never knocked the Heat out of the playoffs (well, rookie Wade was knocked out by JO, Artest & co. but the Pacers have an entirely different team now, so that doesn't count).

pegasus
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
He certainly played like the game meant a lot, and of course he was frustrated in the end because of how badly he choked, so he resorted to dismissing the rivalry. Typical Lebron.:lol

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
He certainly played like the game meant a lot, and of course he was frustrated in the end because of how badly he choked, so he resorted to dismissing the rivalry. Typical Lebron.:lol

happened before the game...try again :rolleyes:

pegasus
12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
happened before the game...try again :rolleyes:

Really? Didn't know that, my bad. But still, he certainly played like it was a statement game. Came out with a lot of energy and intensity but then fizzled out.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 12:26 PM
:rolleyes:

Another person showing they draw their conclusions automatically, regardless of situation, and before they bother to read what actually happened.

kobeef24
12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
LeBron isn't completely wrong in thinking this. The thing about rivalries is until the other side wins (Pacers), they aren't going to view it as a rivalry. The Pacers are playing to prove they are better, but the Heat have beaten them in the playoffs the last couple years. I feel like in a year or two, the Pacers are going to best the Heat in the playoffs and it'll be a full blown rivalry.

pegasus
12-11-2013, 12:39 PM
:rolleyes:

Another person showing they draw their conclusions automatically, regardless of situation, and before they bother to read what actually happened.

We already have so many stories to draw our conclusions from. It's not like the jury is still out on Lebron's personality. He always contradicts what he says with his actions or by saying something different the next day.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 01:10 PM
We already have so many stories to draw our conclusions from. It's not like the jury is still out on Lebron's personality. He always contradicts what he says with his actions or by saying something different the next day.

lol @ this guy trying to hide that his agenda and ridiculous bias got exposed.

branslowski
12-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Marcus and his 3 friends attended a pool hall one night and entered a Team Pool tournament. Marcus's team won the first 3 rounds but Lost to the power House Team of Anthony's in the championship round. Anthony was the leader of this power House Team. For 2 months straight, Marcus took his team to the tournament and kept losing to Anthony's team...But one cold Wednesday night, Anthony walked up to Marcus and said "Damn, one of my friends quit the team, I'm looking for another guy, you down?".

Now Marcus knows his teammates have been practicing and really feel that they are a week or 2 away from over taking Anthony's team finally, but Marcus doesn't want to wait or chance it. He knows his biggest competition is Anthony, but he keeps losing to him, so Marcus tells Anthony "yes yes yes! I will join you" basically taking out his biggest competition by JOINING THEM.

Marcus didn't even tell his friends, he just posted on Facebook the following; "taking my talents to Team Anthony, championship here I come!"...His friends were upset but Marcus obviously didn't care.

The lesson for today? Marcus didn't want a rivalry, he didn't want to face tough competition because he was scared to lose and face adversity. So as the ole saying goes (For beta Males only) "Can't beat'em, join em".

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Marcus and his 3 friends attended a pool hall one night and entered a Team Pool tournament. Marcus's team won the first 3 rounds but Lost to the power House Team of Anthony's in the championship round. Anthony was the leader of this power House Team. For 2 months straight, Marcus took his team to the tournament and kept losing to Anthony's team...But one cold Wednesday night, Anthony walked up to Marcus and said "Damn, one of my friends quit the team, I'm looking for another guy, you down?".

Now Marcus knows his teammates have been practicing and really feel that they are a week or 2 away from over taking Anthony's team finally, but Marcus doesn't want to wait or chance it. He knows his biggest competition is Anthony, but he keeps losing to him, so Marcus tells Anthony "yes yes yes! I will join you" basically taking out his biggest competition by JOINING THEM.

Marcus didn't even tell his friends, he just posted on Facebook the following; "taking my talents to Team Anthony, championship here I come!"...His friends were upset but Marcus obviously didn't care.

The lesson for today? Marcus didn't want a rivalry, he didn't want to face tough competition because he was scared to lose and face adversity. So as the ole saying goes (For beta Males only) "Can't beat'em, join em".

Wade's Heat squad and Bosh's Raptors squad was not a rival to Lebron, nor of any major comeptition to Lebron's Cavs squad...your example above is horrendous at best in trying to replicate such an idea.

Bosh's Raptors barely made the playoffs and Wade's Heat barely left the first round...Lebron's Cavs were ECF definite, as well as championship contenders that one season against the Spurs.

try again! :facepalm

SavageMode
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Lebron already sat down Paul George last playoffs. Next.

tpols
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Rival - 'a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity'

How is this not a rivalry then? Theyre gonna meet for the third time in the postseason this year and the Pacers make every series and game a dogfight. So it will all of a sudden become a rivalry when Indiana knocks them out this year?

Heat led by Lebron are acting like pretentious dbags.. oh they havent beaten us yet so we dont even bother acknowledging them..

Meanwhile they sending goons out on them
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1134708/pittman_medium.gif

:facepalm they dont care about this matchup though.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Multiple matchups in the playoffs = rivalry in my opinion

Knicks suck ass right now but they're still the Heat's rivals due to the history between them.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 04:01 PM
How is this not a rivalry then? Theyre gonna meet for the third time in the postseason this year and the Pacers make every series and game a dogfight. So it will all of a sudden become a rivalry when Indiana knocks them out this year?

Heat led by Lebron are acting like pretentious dbags.. oh they havent beaten us yet so we dont even bother acknowledging them..

Meanwhile they sending goons out on them
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1134708/pittman_medium.gif

:facepalm they dont care about this matchup though.
God, you people are so sensitive. *waaa.. respect my team, waaa...*

It isn't a rivalry: Indiana is just a team Miami has beaten twice in a row on the way to successive championships, and one of the times it wasn't even in the conference finals. A lot of this hype is coming from Indiana players/fans desperate to elevate themselves onto the same level as Miami by spunking all over this rivalry concept. It's pretty lame.

pegasus
12-11-2013, 04:04 PM

It isn't a rivalry: Indiana is just a team Miami has beaten twice in a row on the way to successive championships, and one of the times it wasn't even in the conference finals. A lot of this hype is coming from Indiana players/fans desperate to elevate themselves onto the same level as Miami by spunking all over this rivalry concept. It's pretty lame.

Then how come the Celtics were Lebron's biggest rivalry when all they did was beat his ass in the playoffs every year until Lebron teamed up and started winning? Did it become a rivalry after Lebron finally beat them, or was he having nightmares about them the whole time?

joeysms55
12-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Then how come the Celtics were Lebron's biggest rivalry when all they did was beat his ass in the playoffs every year until Lebron teamed up and started winning? Did it become a rivalry after Lebron finally beat them, or was he having nightmares about them the whole time?

Well it was his team to beat before beating them then when he finally beat them he started talking about rivalry....

tpols
12-11-2013, 04:34 PM

Indy's been getting better and better the past few years.. and they will have HCA in this years playoffs. lol at you acting like they arent threats to the heat.

aj1987
12-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Indy's been getting better and better the past few years.. and they will have HCA in this years playoffs. lol at you acting like they arent threats to the heat.
Miami were 16-6 last season after 22 games. lol at you jumping to conclusions.

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
It wasn't a rivalry until LeBron did finally beat them.

tpols
12-11-2013, 05:26 PM
The rivalry was over by the time Lebron did beat them. You're telling me when Bron and Wade were going apeshit on over the hill boston in the 11 playoffs first round they werent treating that series like it was revenge for their past losses aka a rivalry?

So the Bulls-Pistons wasnt a rivalry in the 80s when the Bulls kept losing but it suddenly became one in the 90s when the Bulls overcame them?

All of these were rivalries from the very start.. you dont have to have both sides winning to call it a rivalry. You just need multiple square offs that are very competitive. Knicks Bulls were a big time rivalry in the 90s and that was one sided. Didnt matter.

TheMarkMadsen
12-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Translation; it's not a rivalry because we may lose. Be honest dude. Keep pretending you didn't get up for this game.

THIS

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:31 PM
The rivalry was over by the time Lebron did beat them. You're telling me when Bron and Wade were going apeshit on over the hill boston in the 11 playoffs first round they werent treating that series like it was revenge for their past losses aka a rivalry?

So the Bulls-Pistons wasnt a rivalry in the 80s when the Bulls kept losing but it suddenly became one in the 90s when the Bulls overcame them?

All of these were rivalries from the very start.. you dont have to have both sides winning to call it a rivalry. You just need multiple square offs that are very competitive. Knicks Bulls were a big time rivalry in the 90s and that was one sided. Didnt matter.
Phily was in the first round doggy.

Solefade
12-11-2013, 05:51 PM
It seems like every team that gives the Heat some adversity is a "rivalry".

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
It seems like every team that gives the Heat some adversity is a "rivalry".
Every team that has ever won a game against the LeBron era heat is a rival. Chicago, Indiana, SAS, OKC, Lakers/Kobe, boston, Dallas, Knicks, nets, etc....

Like half the league is the Heats rival apparently.

Ai2death
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
It's never a rivalry to Lebron cause he just wants to all be friends and be one big happy family, Indiana see it as a rivalry, half of Miami probably see's it as a rivalry.

Lebron see's it as his next destination on the decision v2.

Ai2death
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM

:facepalm

RidonKs
12-11-2013, 06:33 PM
if it's not a rivalry, it's a budding rivalry that by all indications will become a fully fledged rivalry in about six months.

nathanjizzle
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
this guy repeats everything d rose says

r15mohd
12-11-2013, 07:52 PM
It's never a rivalry to Lebron cause he just wants to all be friends and be one big happy family, Indiana see it as a rivalry, half of Miami probably see's it as a rivalry.

Lebron see's it as his next destination on the decision v2.

actually we don't. Indiana is a great team, probably our biggest challenge in the league but to say they are the Heat's "rival," hardly. they're just another team that's hyped during the RS to take care of the Heat in the playoffs, yet for some reason never does...a reoccuring trend this has become :confusedshrug:

davehos
12-12-2013, 05:10 AM
You sound absolutely retarded. But that's par for the course with ISH.

ISH ... hah ... so you sound intelligent?

So you provide nothing but run your mouth. Got it. You're a pro.

Overdrive
12-12-2013, 06:10 AM
actually we don't. Indiana is a great team, probably our biggest challenge in the league but to say they are the Heat's "rival," hardly. they're just another team that's hyped during the RS to take care of the Heat in the playoffs, yet for some reason never does...a reoccuring trend this has become :confusedshrug:

You act like the Heat won the last 10 titles and every year another team was the "heatstopper". Infact the Heat have two chips and both times had it tough making it out of th CFs and one of those teams still exists and gave the Heat troubles few days ago.

Rondo
12-12-2013, 08:14 AM
But regardless of what his intentions were, he was correct (definitionally) in asserting it not to be a rivalry, as the Pacers have never knocked the Heat out of the playoffs.

Who is victorious is absolutely irrelevant when determining what is and isn't a rivalry.

Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

poido123
12-12-2013, 08:20 AM

Since you're a Heat fan, would you mind taking off the Jordan avatar?

Don't act like you're not scared of the Pacers, they are a legitimate threat and you know it.

poido123
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM

Indiana are a legit threat to the Heat. If they weren't a rival before they certainly are now, taking Heat to 7 games last year and an even bigger problem this year...

Don't act like an arrogant fck and give respect where it is deserved :no:

PJR
12-12-2013, 09:15 AM
ISH ... hah ... so you sound intelligent?

So you provide nothing but run your mouth. Got it. You're a pro.

Anyone who swears by some incredibly stupid, arbitrary rule like "rings only count if you get help on your original team"....is in fact a RETARD.

Anyone insinuating that LeBron can't be considered a legitimate all time great, because he had to travel a different path, play with a different team/organization to achieve to team success, in a team sport that is the NBA, is in fact a RETARD.

You are a retard.

r15mohd
12-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Since you're a Heat fan, would you mind taking off the Jordan avatar?

Don't act like you're not scared of the Pacers, they are a legitimate threat and you know it.

what does my avatar have to do with who I support, I pay homage to the great Air Jordan...does there always have to be an agenda with you fanboys?

try looking at things without "Rose" colored lenses once in a while. you may find yourself a bit more educated...and I do stress the word "may" :rolleyes:

as for the Pacers...they are a formidable opponent, far from a rival

r15mohd
12-12-2013, 11:46 AM
You act like the Heat won the last 10 titles and every year another team was the "heatstopper". Infact the Heat have two chips and both times had it tough making it out of th CFs and one of those teams still exists and gave the Heat troubles few days ago.

i don't...but you act like the Pacers have been the team to battle the Heat the past 10 years, insinuating a "rival" between the two organizations, when in fact its been 2 years of good battling. prior to that it was an amped Bulls squad, as well as Boston.

as far as that last game...history speaks for itself. the Heat have lost (hard to believe it, isnt it :rolleyes: ) to teams in the RS that they've beaten in the playoffs, on their way to a title. What. A. Surprise! :facepalm