PDA

View Full Version : When verticality goes horizontal

Trollsmasher
12-11-2013, 08:59 AM
On scale from 1 to 10 (1 being Melo under the basket, 10 KD's rip through), how would you rate the current most BS trend in the NBA?
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/826876479.gif
http://media.naplesnews.com/media/img/photos/2013/05/26/SPORTS_BKN-PACERS-HEAT_19_FL_t607.JPG
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2012/NBA/2011-12%20regular%20season/0219-0225/2-19_pacers-bobcatspg-vertical.jpg
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3530483/Hibbertrim.gif
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/battier-knee.png

Aka how to become a DPOY by getting your BS fouls hyped up by Vogel and Reggie Miller:lol

Bonus question: Have you ever seen Hibbert go truly straight up?

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Lebron stans are so ****ing retarded. Verticality is jumping up you dumb fack, it has nothing to do with the arms.

wtf are you trying to say? Hibbert can't attempt to block the ball while jumping? :roll:

can you keep your arms straight up after being hit in the stomach\chest?

It's hilarious this retard posts a pic of battier going knee up towards Hibbert and whines about Hibbert verticality.

Bitch Lebron is already whining because he is already scared. No surprise talking about a guy that benched himself in the finals with cramps in his vag after airballing.

Lebron stans are little whinny bitches just like Lebron

Dresta
12-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Hibbert didn't even get a foul until mid-way through the 4th yesterday; that is pretty absurd tbh.

New World Order
12-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Certain defenders get the benefit of the doubt like certain offensive players get the benefit of the doubt on calls. When it came to perimeter calls, Bruce Bowen sometimes could hold and snake bite (small light taps that add up over time) and not get called for it. Some "physical" shot blocking forwards and centers hit the offensive players' hands on their shots and due to their "shot blocking status," could get away with those calls. Sadly, that's just how it goes.

If Hibbert has his specialty, he can loom over defenders like a tree, still be considered "vertical" and any contact would probably go against the offensive player over himself. To be honest, he's done this move forever and used to be very foul prone at times. He's a much better player now and he gets more respect (more calls his way).

chips93
12-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Lebron stans are so ****ing retarded. Verticality is jumping up you dumb fack, it has nothing to do with the arms.

wtf are you trying to say? Hibbert can't attempt to block the ball while jumping? :roll:

it absolutely does

if you jump straight up, but bring your arms down on the offensive player, and dont get all ball, thats a foul

and thats the case every level of basketball

ripthekik
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Surely this image helps your case :lol

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 10:59 AM
it absolutely does

if you jump straight up, but bring your arms down on the offensive player, and dont get all ball, thats a foul

and thats the case every level of basketball
Pretty sure if you bring your arms down on the offensive player in ANY situation is a foul, what does have to do with jumping straight up? He can't bring his arms down and block or try to block the ball because he is jumping straight up?

Miami Cheat won a championship because Bosh blatantly brought his arms on Durant arm when was taking a shot in the finals seconds, and he wasn't even jumping straight and no foul was called, among many other bad calls.

hitmanyr2k
12-11-2013, 11:08 AM
These gifs just illustrate how soft the NBA has become these days. Whatever happened to posterizing a damn 7 footer who dared to get in your way? Soft ass layups :oldlol: Lebron is supposed to be some athletic phenom and that dude can't dunk on anyone. It's a shame.

chips93
12-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Pretty sure if you bring your arms down on the offensive player in ANY situation is a foul, what does have to do with jumping straight up?

you said the rule of verticality has nothing to do with your arms, and it does

He can't bring his arms down and block or try to block the ball because he is jumping straight up?

he can, but if he hits the offensive player, then its a foul

HoopsFanNumero1
12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
LeBron on Roy: "He takes a lot of teams out of their games... They allow him to use his verticality more than any other player in league"

:applause:

Spitting the truth. And :roll: at that idiot saying you can bring your arms down. You can tell who's played basketball here.

chazzy
12-11-2013, 11:14 AM
OP has nightmares about Durant at the FT line and Hibbert protecting the rim. Obsessed

Trollsmasher
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
OP has nightmares about Durant at the FT line and Hibbert protecting the rim. Obsessed
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

ripthekik
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif
A guy's first game returning from serious injury versus:

a guy in his prime with no one guarding him

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9CAVx6J9ppo/UqfOwDLK7AI/AAAAAAAAEqc/70LlpDTFMHs/s400/lbjair.gif

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
you said the rule of verticality has nothing to do with your arms, and it does

he can, but if he hits the offensive player, then its a foul
:facepalm

and

thanks captain obvious

Genaro
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
You clearly don't know the rule. The defensor jumps straight up but he can block the shot with his hands if he doesn't touch the atacker with the arms.

And lol at the Battier's off foul that you posted to make your case

Fudge
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
:roll:

That's what his life revolves around atm. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Darius
12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Real talk, no agenda: Hibbert is allowed "verticality" more than any other player in the league by a fair margin.

I actually think its great... all the other big men in the league should just get that ability too.

If Deandre Jordan was allowed that much leeway he'd be pretty good too.

Trollsmasher
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM
You clearly don't know the rule. The defensor jumps straight up but he can block the shot with his hands if he doesn't touch the atacker with the arms.

And lol at the Battier's off foul that you posted to make your case
Well, watch the games. He hacks the attacker most of the time without any fouls being called at all.

Droid101
12-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for reminding me why you're on ignore, OP.

Fudge
12-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Well, watch the games. He hacks the attacker most of the time without any fouls being called at all.
Quit cryin yo

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 12:29 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3530483/Hibbertrim.gif

:lol Hibbert jumps straight up and then blocks the ball... somehow op thinks this is a foul because the arm didn't stay vertical :roll:

He probably would choke watching 90's basketball just like Lebron would choke playing it.

oh noes NBA have ONE big man that actually knows how to protect the paint.

leMVP
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately the league is trying to make Hibbert a true force in the league to oppose Miami, knowing he's exposing Miami's only weakness.

But that Verticality crap is just shameful, Durant gets FTs on those attempts but Lebron gets knocked down to the floor and no whistle.

chips93
12-11-2013, 12:31 PM

and

thanks captain obvious

Verticality is jumping up you dumb fack, it has nothing to do with the arms

:biggums:

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 12:47 PM
:biggums:
So if i jump straight up and before i get my arms up i steal or block the ball when the opposite player is bringing it up, meaning i have my arms horizontally it's a foul.

Keep going. :lol

Sarcastic
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
This isn't the first time Hibbert has gotten away with murder.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1335802.1367798084!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/nba.jpg

Trollsmasher
12-11-2013, 12:58 PM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1335802.1367798084!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/nba.jpg
Great example of Hibbert's regular "verticality":applause:

Dresta
12-11-2013, 01:08 PM
He does that 5+ times a game with no call.

Joker :lol

chips93
12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
So if i jump straight up and before i get my arms up i steal or block the ball when the opposite player is bringing it up, meaning i have my arms horizontally it's a foul.

no, it doesnt mean you get called for a foul

but it means that the rule of verticality doesnt apply

the rule of verticality only means, that if you stay vertical, you wont get called for a foul.

it doesnt mean, that if you arent vertical, that you will get called for a foul.

leMVP
12-11-2013, 01:15 PM

According to Blue&Orange, this a clean block.

wait, Hibbert mistook Melo's Head for the Ball. :rolleyes:

Jailblazers7
12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah, they give Hibbert a ton of leeway when he contests drives. A lot more than anyone I've seen. It might be because he was built up a lot of equity with the refs and gets away with some based on reputation but there have been some really bad no calls.

And btw, I don't mind Hibbert getting away with some of it because I like that refs are allowing more contact but there has to be some standard that he is held to.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Keep going. :lol

Hibbert was pulling the same shit in the Knicks series. It's pretty pathetic to see a Knicks fan defending Hibbert just because you hate the Heat.

j3lademaster
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Surely this image helps your case :lolLebron stans defending their loss like Lebron defends pg's in the playoffs... constantly reaching.

chips93
12-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Lebron stans defending their loss like Lebron defends pg's in the playoffs... constantly reaching.

:lol

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 01:33 PM
it doesnt mean, that if you arent vertical, that you will get called for a foul.
Right and completely agreeing with me until this point.

If you didn't jumped vertically means you jumped towards the offensive player, thus you gonna get called for a foul, it has nothing to do with arms.

Players get their arms up when the jump straight up, for the same reason they get their arms up when they are contesting a three pointer, it isn't because the rule say it must be that way.

According to Blue&Orange, this a clean block.

wait, Hibbert mistook Melo's Head for the Ball. :rolleyes:
Hello socket puppet, let me tell that only retards like yourself take conclusions of still picture. Are you sure Hibbert invaded Melo space? Pretty sure Hibbert jumped straight and it was Melo that jumped forward, i see absolutely no foul there.

Do you think he should have move out of the way? :lol

What is your though on Melo's arm on Hibbert, probably trying to get him out of the way? No foul?

Like i said before weakest era i ever witness, sissy basketball for sissy fans.

j3lademaster
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
no, it doesnt mean you get called for a foul

but it means that the rule of verticality doesnt apply

the rule of verticality only means, that if you stay vertical, you wont get called for a foul.

it doesnt mean, that if you arent vertical, that you will get called for a foul.This. If you go up vertically originally, then decide to go for a block (and the block is clean)by moving your arms it's just a block like any other block. The rule of verticality doesn't apply.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Hello socket puppet, let me tell that only retards like yourself take conclusions of still picture. Are you sure Hibbert invaded Melo space? Pretty sure Hibbert jumped straight and it was Melo that jumped forward, i see absolutely no foul there.

Do you think he should have move out of the way? :lol

What is your though on Melo's arm on Hibbert, probably trying to get him out of the way? No foul?

Like i said before weakest era i ever witness, sissy basketball for sissy fans.
:hammerhead:

It doesn't matter if you jump straight when you extend your arms towards the offensive player and smack them in the face. If you don't think that is a foul then you are a clown that knows nothing about basketball. That is not allowed in ANY ERA.

Geez...

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Hibbert was pulling the same shit in the Knicks series. It's pretty pathetic to see a Knicks fan defending Hibbert just because you hate the Heat.
hello socket puppet. Pretty pathetic is your IQ. Hibbert did nothing wrong in the Knicks series, refs did in game 6 y calling ticky-tacky fouls on the Knicks, that retards like yourself attributed to how the Knicks played, when the same Knicks played Pacers 4 times in the reg.season plus more 5 in the playoffs and never the ft disparity was that big, not even close.

Pathetic is that fuggazi team you support getting scared at sight of competition and trying to witchhunt someone playing within the rules.

Like two gifted championships weren't already enough.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-11-2013, 01:45 PM
hello socket puppet. Pretty pathetic is your IQ. Hibbert did nothing wrong in the Knicks series, refs did in game 6 y calling ticky-tacky fouls on the Knicks, that retards like yourself attributed to how the Knicks played, when the same Knicks played Pacers 4 times in the reg.season plus more 5 in the playoffs and never the ft disparity was that big, not even close.

Pathetic is that fuggazi team you support getting scared at sight of competition and trying to witchhunt someone playing within the rules.

It's like arguing with a f.ucking monkey...

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
:hammerhead:

It doesn't matter if you jump straight when you extend your arms towards the offensive player and smack them in the face. If you don't think that is a foul then you are a clown that knows nothing about basketball. That is not allowed in ANY ERA.

Geez...
like i said only retards take conclusions of still pictures and you are a known retard. Amazing you concluded so much movement from a still. You are a visionary.

:roll: Aren't you tired of getting owned by me in every fracking discussion? :roll:

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 01:48 PM
It's like arguing with a f.ucking monkey...
Oh the irony :lol

chips93
12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
If you didn't jumped vertically means you jumped towards the offensive player, thus you gonna get called for a foul, it has nothing to do with arms.

so what about every chase down block ever?

you arent jumping straight up, but you make a clean block so its not a foul

if your arms come down, you are no longer protected by the rule of verticality, but just because you arent protected by the rule, doesnt necessarily mean that you committed a foul.

asdf1990
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM

why you always so mad? its just basketball, its okay if the knicks have been trash for 2 decades no need to get angry over it.

imnew09
12-11-2013, 01:57 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9CAVx6J9ppo/UqfOwDLK7AI/AAAAAAAAEqc/70LlpDTFMHs/s400/lbjair.gif

that ether :bowdown:

Blue&Orange
12-11-2013, 01:59 PM
so what about every chase down block ever?

you arent jumping straight up, but you make a clean block so its not a foul

I remember plenty Lebron's chase down blocks that were clearly fouls because he also barrels into the player, of course refs don't called it. I remember people arguing about some of them on this forum.

I also remember plenty of clean Lebron's chase down blocks because there is no or negligible contact.

Out of here. Pacers fans feel free to not be scared of looking "entitled" and "obnoxious" and actually support your team and player.

zoom17
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I remember plenty Lebron's chase down blocks that were clearly fouls because he also barrels into the player, of course refs don't called it. I remember people arguing about some of them on this forum.

I also remember plenty of clean Lebron's chase down blocks because there is no or negligible contact.

Out of here. Pacers fans feel free to not be scared of looking "entitled" and "obnoxious" and actually support your team and player.

The dude in your avatar sucks:oldlol:

BoutPractice
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't mind the game being more physical and bigs being given more leeway to actually defend, which they haven't been allowed to for years. But if they decide to go in that direction it should be for the whole of the league, not just one player.

Dresta
12-11-2013, 02:04 PM
like i said only retards take conclusions of still pictures and you are a known retard. Amazing you concluded so much movement from a still. You are a visionary.

:roll: Aren't you tired of getting owned by me in every fracking discussion? :roll:

Saying you 'owned' someone in a discussion is about as low as it gets, especially when several people have already taken your ridiculous argument to pieces, and about all the discussion you've provided to the thread is petulant whining about 'gifted championships' the 'weakest era i ever witnessed', implying that if you jump straight you can do whatever you like with your arms, and calling everyone sissies for thinking getting smacked in the face is a foul.

As another person in this thread pointed out 'It's like arguing with a f.ucking monkey' - a monkey that dances around shouting 'owned' while flinging its own faeces at everyone.

A 'known' retard? Known by who exactly? You?

chips93
12-11-2013, 02:10 PM

you appear to have completely lost track of the discussion we were having

you see how these two quotes contradict one another right?

Bandito
12-11-2013, 02:15 PM

zoom17
12-11-2013, 02:31 PM

Wade at the end made it funny it wanted the ball:oldlol:

Fudge
12-11-2013, 02:33 PM

LMFAO this thread should've been over after this. :applause: :roll:

Fudge
12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Wait, was LeBron seriously gonna complain about a call at the end of that gif? Yo, i'm done.

Dro
12-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Pacers aren't a "rival" but the main ones always bitching about verticality are Heat fans...:confusedshrug: First it was Knick fans during that series. Ironically also another "rival"...or at least in the past they were...

Flash31
12-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Hibbert is clearly getting away with fouls and somehow the Law of Verticality means he can do whatever he wants to defend.

Its clear as day that Hibbert is being manufactured as this Dpoy "Star"
bc when Ian Mahimi comes in and does the EXACT SAME Thing
it is a foul Every TIME.

Somehow Hibbert from last reg season was averaging 4 fouls a game
then come playoffs nothing changes he avg 2 and has Law of Verticality,
The league is trying to turn RH into a star just like Harden was and is helped.

The league strange as it may seem doesnt like Miami winning.
Weve seen LeBron having to get mauled to get a call,the Heat get lowest fta in finals history,The Bulls and Pacers(Mias biggest rivals)allowed to play extra physical.

Its weird watching a bulls,pacers game and then a Mem,Sa game
and seeing just how the Bulls,Pacers are allowed to play.

Bulls play Mia real physical and have flagrant type fouls that are considered common fouls,Bulls play OKC and all of a sudden physicality and the way they play is fouling.

Its like night and day,same with RH and IM with "law of verticality"
and their on the same team no less.

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 06:01 PM
LMFAO this thread should've been over after this. :applause: :roll:
I think he thought ray saved it before it went out of bounds.

Ai2death
12-11-2013, 06:10 PM

More like, "C'mon ref, call that, Paul blocked my sight and I couldn't see the ring, c'mon dog..."

outbreak
12-11-2013, 06:17 PM
He's allowed to jump straight up, if the offensive player makes contact then it's a no call. His arms are irrelevant unless he is hacking with them a defensive player is entitled to his own space if he hasn't come forward, same reason that melo fans argue he should get more fouls when he is the one created contact on a stationary defender.

Trollsmasher
12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
He's allowed to jump straight up, if the offensive player makes contact then it's a no call. His arms are irrelevant unless he is hacking with them a defensive player is entitled to his own space if he hasn't come forward, same reason that melo fans argue he should get more fouls when he is the one created contact on a stationary defender.
He is hacking with his arms 90% of the time.

kamil
12-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Can you resize this to 1920x1200 screen resolution? I'd like to make this my background wallpaper.

Thank you :)

ripthekik
12-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Same old bron expecting ray to save him :oldlol: