PDA

View Full Version : Colangelo rips Ujiri over Gay trade

hawkfan
12-11-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2013/12/10/rudy_gay_trade_bryan_colangelo_weighs_in_on_raptor s_trade.html

CelticBaller
12-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't think he watches enough to know Gay is a horrible 1st option. Either that or he is blind

andremiller07
12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
If Rudy actually buys into the team concept the fact it's only a two year deal regardless how much he's getting paid it could actually be a decent trade for both teams.

Alot of the stuff I've heard about Rudy Gay is the exact same stuff I was hearing about Derrick Williams and for 6 games he's been the complete opposite. Plus I don't think there's really much pressure on him in Sacramento he's out of the media spotlight and he's not the guy who is expected to carry the franchise he's just atm a very expensive piece.

I got faith in Mike Malone the dude has Isaiah Thomas/DMC playing better defence than ever before, he's got Travis Outlaw going from the biggest moron ever to a servicable bench player the dude can coach and does not give a **** who you are dude has benched players not playing the right way countless times this season regardless of name.

The guy has benched our previous highest paid player Marcus Thornton like it was nothing after MT played poor team ball and bad defence.

Scholar
12-11-2013, 11:47 AM
That trade was pretty Gay.

hawkfan
12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
That trade was pretty Gay.

In the 2006 draft, the Hawks should have gone Gay instead of drafting Shelden Williams. Oops.

noob cake
12-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Gay is not bad. He is just overpaid.

He like a SF version of Monta Ellis. No, he is not cancerous and do not put up empty stats.

Empty stats can only be put up by players who play on one side of the ball like Avid Lee or James Haren (When he decides to not play D 50% of the nights)

A Roc 23
12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
If Rudy actually buys into the team concept the fact it's only a two year deal regardless how much he's getting paid it could actually be a decent trade for both teams.

Rudy Gay is in his eight season. You really think he's going to suddenly buy in now?

He hurt the Grizzlies with his selfish play. He hurt the Raptors with his selfish play. He will hurt the Kings with his selfish play.

andremiller07
12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Rudy Gay is in his eight season. You really think he's going to suddenly buy in now?

He hurt the Grizzlies with his selfish play. He hurt the Raptors with his selfish play. He will hurt the Kings with his selfish play.
He will enjoy sitting on the pine than

kurple
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
rudy might improve on the right team, but i doubt the kings are that team.

maybe if it was the spurs

MiseryCityTexas
12-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Kings look like a fun team to play with in 2k and that's about it.

Eric Cartman
12-11-2013, 01:08 PM
He is under contract only for 2 years so I don't see the harm on the trade.

And yes, Colangelo is blind and everyone in the Toronto organization is glad he isn't the GM anymore.

steve
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Gay is not bad. He is just overpaid.

He like a SF version of Monta Ellis. No, he is not cancerous and do not put up empty stats.

Empty stats can only be put up by players who play on one side of the ball like Avid Lee or James Haren (When he decides to not play D 50% of the nights)

Except both those players do multiple positive things for their teams even if they're not particularly good defenders. Gay on the other hand does not. The one thing he does on the floor is score and he's always been a slightly below average scorer, except for these past two seasons when he's been a dramatically below average scorer.

kmart
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Colangelo was so desperate to win that he made the trade for Rudy Gay. He has no idea how chemistry works, Gay and Derozan were the same player essentially. He ended up hurting the team rather than helping them.