PDA

View Full Version : Kobe ALREADY taking shots at his team. Lol

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Did y'all see this? Trying to brush off the loses since he's been back? He basically said "oh well, they wasn't doing shit anyways".

:roll:

His exact quote was "it's not like we were gangbusters before"...

Point being, when asked about losing, his point was "they weren't winning anyway".

Mr Exlax
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Did y'all see this? Trying to brush off the loses since he's been back? He basically said "oh well, they wasn't doing shit anyways".

What man? Please tell me you're kidding.

KobesFinger
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10115418/mike-dantoni-proud-los-angeles-lakers-efforts-kobe-bryant-return
Is that the link?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Read about that today. Here is D'Antoni's response:

"I have to disagree with that," D'Antoni said after Tuesday's shootaround in advance of the Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns. "We were 6-2 in the last eight [games before Bryant's return] and I thought we played extremely well, winning three [in a row] on the road. ... So, that's not quite right. I'm really proud of what the guys did."
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10115418/mike-dantoni-proud-los-angeles-lakers-efforts-kobe-bryant-return

imnew09
12-11-2013, 05:11 PM
real quote was "It's not like we were gangbusters before."

Honest and true. Don't make up shit OP

Black and White
12-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Tbh Kobe Bryant is more than qualified to make comments like that after Pau Gasol stinks it up and opens up the lane like a parting sea for the opposing team. Don't look into this too much.

SavageMode
12-11-2013, 05:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quizno
12-11-2013, 05:14 PM
After Kobe Bryant downplayed the Los Angeles Lakers' modest success in going 10-9 without him, saying Monday, "It's not like we were gangbusters before," coach Mike D'Antoni came to the defense of Bryant's teammates.

that's not really being an asshole, that's being realistic. the lakers weren't going anywhere without kobe. especially with a 3-7 record against above .500 teams

TheMarkMadsen
12-11-2013, 05:15 PM
you'd have to be pretty sensitive to take that as a "shot" telling a 10-8 team that they weren't "gangbusters" isn't a big deal

but Kobe said it and the HEAT lost last night so this will be blown way out of proportion.

SavageMode
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
that's not really being an asshole, that's being realistic. the lakers weren't going anywhere without kobe. especially with a 3-7 record against above .500 teams
Still a shot, which is what thread title is referred to.

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
real quote was "It's not like we were gangbusters before."

Honest and true. Don't make up shit OP
How is that different?

"It's not like we were gangbusters before" = they weren't winning anyway. Sorry that I didn't have the identical phrase. :rolleyes:

#number6ix#
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I thought the lakers over achieved to this point... There record was better this year than it was last year at this time

Quizno
12-11-2013, 05:18 PM
How is that different?

"It's not like we were gangbusters before" = they weren't winning anyway. Sorry that I didn't have the identical phrase. :rolleyes:

do you really think that team had a shot at making noise in the playoffs? i'm asking honestly

SavageMode
12-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I thought the lakers over achieved to this point... There record was better this year than it was last year at this time
^This. :applause:

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
do you really think that team had a shot at making noise in the playoffs? i'm asking honestly
What do you mean? The team without Kobe? Fffffcuk no. Of course not.

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 05:21 PM
But Kobe is right. D'Antoni is just defending himself from Kobe's comments, he's sensitive and he has ego. I think it's admirable how the Lakers have played without Bryant, but KB isn't wrong for saying they haven't been gang busters w/o him. I mean is 10 - 9 some impressive record? They have as many wins as losses.

Kobe getting back into shape isn't a detriment to this year's team. They're not going anywhere, anyway ... this isn't like last season when a healthy Kobe's mentality was basically oppressing the team's ability to win games.

TheMarkMadsen
12-11-2013, 05:23 PM
But Kobe is right. D'Antoni is just defending himself from Kobe's comments. I think it's admirable how the Lakers have played without Bryant, but KB isn't wrong for saying they haven't been gang busters w/o him. I mean is 10 - 9 some impressive record? They have as many wins as losses. Kobe getting back into shape isn't a detriment to this year's team. They're not going anywhere, anyway ... this isn't like last season when a healthy Kobe's mentality was basically oppressing the team's ability to win games.

27/6/6 = oppressing the team from winning games

D12 field goal attempts per game as a Laker = 11

D12 field goal attempts per game as a Rocket= 10

Pau Gasol last year- 12 field goal attempts per game at 47%

Pau Gasol this year- 14 field goal attempts per game at 41%

please tell us how Kobe was oppressing the team from winning while leading them in points, assist, free throws made, 2nd in rebounds and 2nd in steals

while the two players who im sure you believe he was "oppressing" are either shooting less shots per game with their new team, or are shooting more without Kobe on a career low efficiency

aj1987
12-11-2013, 05:23 PM
If Lebron said that, this post would've been on the 9827349th page and the idiots on this board would be bashing to no end.

bdreason
12-11-2013, 05:24 PM
10-8 is a solid record in the Western Conference.

NumberSix
12-11-2013, 05:26 PM
But Kobe is right. D'Antoni is just defending himself from Kobe's comments, he's sensitive and he has ego. I think it's admirable how the Lakers have played without Bryant, but KB isn't wrong for saying they haven't been gang busters w/o him. I mean is 10 - 9 some impressive record? They have as many wins as losses.

Kobe getting back into shape isn't a detriment to this year's team. They're not going anywhere, anyway ... this isn't like last season when a healthy Kobe's mentality was basically oppressing the team's ability to win games.
Of course Kobe isn't wrong, but this guy man. He's not retarded. He knows that isn't gonna play well as evidenced by D'Antoni OBVIOUSLY being pissed off about Kobe saying that.

It's just a little shocking that he would say anything like that at this point.

Keep it real. You would expect him to say something along the lines of "the guys did a good job while I was out keeping us above 500. Now we just gotta get our chemistry clicking and keep it moving".

Even when asked about chemistry, he said "they know how I play. Everybody has seen me play for 17 years. The guys know what to expect from me".

It's just weird that he would be even remotely negative right now.

Keep it real. The second he got a question about his chemistry with the team, his defense mechanism chimed in with "well, they weren't winning anyway. We didn't lose because of me".

dazzer87
12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow that didnt take long. Kome throwing his teammates under the bus.....and its only two games into it........:bowdown: :applause: :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
27/6/6 = oppressing the team from winning games
I didn't say his stats. I said his mentality. Learn the difference, kid. Kobe was focused on scoring, playing no defense, etc. His "this is my team" machismo from the jump was off putting for a passive aggressive, albeit talented player in Dwight Howard. So Kobe stunted his team's abilities by not taking the appropriate leadership approach to the talent playing along side of him. Thus a detriment to his team's abilities to play to their true potential, IE win games.

LA_Showtime
12-11-2013, 05:29 PM

It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. Kobe's more worried about getting back into rhythm and seeing what he can do on the court than actually winning, and the transition the team has to go through has made them lose games. I am all for a losing season and a shot at Wiggins or Parker. It's not like getting to the playoffs would matter anyway.

TheMarkMadsen
12-11-2013, 05:29 PM
It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. Kobe's more worried about getting back into rhythm and seeing what he can do on the court than actually winning, and the transition the team has to go through has made them lose games. I am all for a losing season and a shot at Wiggins or Parker. It's not like getting to the playoffs would matter anyway.

i dont think we have a first

12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I disagree with him so much, the team was brilliant before he came back. Sure, they wouldn't do much this year because quite frankly, they don't currently have the talent for big things but imagine how good they could've been next year if they signed for example Bledsoe and Monroe...while drafting someone good.

The Lakers actually were on path for a pretty good future. They had the foundation in place and they played an exciting and efficient brand of basketball.
With Kobe back, they're stuck in the limbo.

Basically, I'm siding with MDA instead of Kobe here, nothing new. It's been my stance concerning this issue. Kobe ball has no future and Kobe just can't accept it and let it go. He still wants it his way and his way doesn't work anymore and he doesn't have Phil. Game has changed and Kobe can't and won't accept it.

Where I do agree with him, the team does have a better chance with him in the line up. Not winning rings either way though. Only this way, they're messed up the next 2 years as well, until Kobe retires. Top 5 player of all time IMO but he can't accept the changes that have happened. Better embrace it Kobe.

guy
12-11-2013, 05:41 PM
He's obviously not wrong. No one with sense would deny that. But its obviously not a good thing to say to help his team out.

Theoo
12-11-2013, 05:42 PM
If Lebron said that, this post would've been on the 9827349th page and the idiots on this board would be bashing to no end.
well kobe doesnt not have ray allen wade bosh :facepalm

DCL
12-11-2013, 05:51 PM
you should be insulted by what he said if you're a true laker fan. but there are none here.

SavageMode
12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I disagree with him so much, the team was brilliant before he came back. Sure, they wouldn't do much this year because quite frankly, they don't currently have the talent for big things but imagine how good they could've been next year if they signed for example Bledsoe and Monroe...while drafting someone good.

The Lakers actually were on path for a pretty good future. They had the foundation in place and they played an exciting and efficient brand of basketball.

Basically, I'm siding with MDA instead of Kobe here, nothing new. It's been my stance concerning this issue. Kobe ball has no future and Kobe just can't accept it and let it go. He still wants it his way and his way doesn't work anymore and he doesn't have Phil. Game has changed and Kobe can't and won't accept it.

Where I do agree with him, the team does have a better chance with him in the line up. Not winning rings either way though. Only this way, they're messed up the next 2 years as well, until Kobe retires. Top 5 player of all time IMO but he can't accept the changes that have happened. Better embrace it Kobe.
This :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
12-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I didn't say his stats. I said his mentality. Learn the difference, kid. Kobe was focused on scoring, playing no defense, etc. His "this is my team" machismo from the jump was off putting for a passive aggressive, albeit talented player in Dwight Howard. So Kobe stunted his team's abilities by not taking the appropriate leadership approach to the talent playing along side of him. Thus a detriment to his team's abilities to play to their true potential, IE win games.

so bascially "im just making shit up"

:applause:

Kobe stunted his team's abilities

How? they were swept in the playoffs without him and blown out every game.

Thus a detriment to his team's abilities to play to their true potential, IE win games.

so why did they look so horrendous in the playoffs?

His "this is my team" machismo from the jump was off putting for a passive aggressive, albeit talented player in Dwight Howard.

:confusedshrug: . So you're saying that by Kobe claiming the Lakers were his team it affected Howards performance? Then why is Howard putting up almost the exact same numbers this year?

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Barely at a .500 record is brilliant? :biggums:

Sorry man, they arent in the eastern conference

12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Barely at a .500 record is brilliant? :biggums:

Sorry man, they arent in the eastern conference

Like I said, they weren't a contender or anything. But they could beat most teams at home and win many games away. There are a .500 team but then again, Jordan Farmar is their best player.
So what, just because they're not a contender it's okay that they suck with Kobe as well? I don't understand the rationale. The team is being purposely insulted by many to make Kobe look better. Even he is doing it.

It was a nice team that played s modern game that he can't play. And they were very fun. And now everyone's supposed to act like they were nothing special. BS.

Andrei89
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM
you should be insulted by what he said if you're a true laker fan. but there are none here.

This

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Like I said, they weren't a contender or anything. But they could beat most teams at home and win many games away. There are a .500 team but then again, Jordan Farmar is their best player.
So what, just because they're not a contender it's okay that they suck with Kobe as well? I don't understand the rationale. The team is being purposely insulted by many to make Kobe look better. Even he is doing it.

It was a nice team that played s modern game that he can't play. And they were very fun. And now everyone's supposed to act like they were nothing special. BS.

Modern teams at least play a speck of defense, this team plays none, Kobe is more than qualified to call that out.

12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
We don't have future until Kobe is on the team or better yet, until Kobe is the team, If Kobe ball continues, I just hope we miss the playoffs and get a high pick. Kobe has to find a way not to play Kobe ball and accept a reduced role. Can he do it, I'm not sure.

Whiel slower, he is better than Nick Young, there's no reason why Kobe couldn't play like him. Be just a scorer, don't handle the ball. Nick Young is also an ISO player yet he found a way to fit in with the team.

And we will have to get a more athletic center. We can't have two liabilities on floor at the same time for so long. Neither Kobe or Pau should play kore than 25 minutes. That's about how much Duncan plays as well.

oh the horror
12-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Ok how far up your ass did you jam your arm to pull this out of?

There's nothing about this team that is in the Lakers future short of one or two players. And that's including the coach dude.

Stop.

Mr. Jabbar
i loled when at the end of that interview kobe said : "of course op will make a thread about this and change the quotes, oh what a glorious winged ph.aggot he is."

blackmamba :bowdown:

Black and White
We don't have future until Kobe is on the team or better yet, until Kobe is the team, If Kobe ball continues, I just hope we miss the playoffs and get a high pick. Kobe has to find a way not to play Kobe ball and accept a reduced role. Can he do it, I'm not sure.

Whiel slower, he is better than Nick Young, there's no reason why Kobe couldn't play like him. Be just a scorer, don't handle the ball. Nick Young is also an ISO player yet he found a way to fit in with the team.

And we will have to get a more athletic center. We can't have two liabilities on floor at the same time for so long. Neither Kobe or Pau should play kore than 25 minutes. That's about how much Duncan plays as well.

You don't have a pick

12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Modern teams at least play a speck of defense, this team plays none, Kobe is more than qualified to call that out.

BS! Lakers have played a pretty good defense until Kobe came back. Very active defensively and Wesley Johnson has been a stand out, playing DPOY caliber defense. Team just won't play with as much energy if Kobe ball continues, especially because they're better without Kobe and they know it.

Black and White
i loled when at the end of that interview kobe said : "of course op will make a thread about this and change the quotes, oh what a glorious winged ph.aggot he is."

blackmamba :bowdown:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You don't have a pick

Yes we do.

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:15 PM
BS! Lakers have played a pretty good defense until Kobe came back. Very active defensively and Wesley Johnson has been a stand out, playing DPOY caliber defense. Team just won't play with as much energy if Kobe ball continues, especially because they're better without Kobe and they know it.

:biggums: lol

And Kobe is the reason they can't defend now?

12-11-2013, 06:16 PM
:biggums: lol

And Kobe is the reason they can't defend now?

Kobe and Pau, old and slow.

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Kobe and Pau, old and slow.

Man your reaching here. Pau yes.

branslowski
12-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Ok how far up your ass did you jam your arm to pull this out of?

There's nothing about this team that is in the Lakers future short of one or two players. And that's including the coach dude.

Stop.

I thought what he wrote was pretty fair (some dumb points like he messin up the future wen he isn't) and I'm one of the biggest Kobe homers around.:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
12-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Okay I get it. 000000 is BSing around.

STATUTORY
12-11-2013, 06:20 PM

they will be better once Kobe is done with the "preseason" games and back in game shape and the offense has adjusted to Kobe's return. Of course the first few games back were going to be difficult because it takes time to incorporate a superstar player into an egalitarian offense. Who didn't see that coming?

12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
they will be better once Kobe is done with the "preseason" games and back in game shape and the offense has adjusted to Kobe's return. Of course the first few games back were going to be difficult because it takes time to incorporate a superstar player into an egalitarian offense. Who didn't see that coming?

I think Farmar's return will help in a huge way. And they must trade for a more athletic center. Somehow. Someway. They have to make it work, that is all.
Personally, I don't expect much. Kobe just doesn't fit the team IMO.

Look, Kobe's my all time fav player and Lakers are my team, I'd be very happy to eat my words. Just calling it as I see it. I liked the youth movement, not going back to old and slow. It's a disaster in principle. Teams are learning that. Nets are the best example. And Lakers of last year as well.

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I think Farmar's return will help in a huge way. And they must trade for a more athletic center. Somehow. Someway. They have to make it work, that is all.
Personally, I don't expect much. Kobe just doesn't fit the team IMO.

Look, Kobe's my all time fav player and Lakers are my team, I'd be very happy to eat my words. Just calling it as I see it. I liked the youth movement, not going back to old and slow. It's a disaster in principle. Teams are learning that. Nets are the best example. And Lakers of last year as well.

You do realise this is KOBES team right?

12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
You do realise this is KOBES team right?

Yes I do lol. It's somewhat of a paradox though. They got all their players in FA to fit MDA's offense, and one guy who absolutely does not fit MDA's offense is Kobe...along with Gasol. And generally, when you have Kobe, you play Kobe ball. They will have to meet halfway somehow.

I hope Farmar can be the glue guy who makes it work, he has experience playing with Kobe and he's the leader of the team without Kobe.

branslowski
12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Did this n!gga just say "Kobe doesn't fit the team"?:coleman:

Black and White
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Yes I do lol. It's somewhat of a paradox though. They got all their players in FA to fit MDA's offense, and one guy who absolutely does not fit MDA's offense is Kobe...along with Gasol. And generally, when you have Kobe, you play Kobe ball. They will have to meet halfway somehow.

I hope Farmar can be the glue guy who makes it work, he has experience playing with Kobe and he's the leader of the team without Kobe.

They are not going to have to meet halfway, great coaches find ways to make things work given the pieces you have, im sorry but when you have two players like Kobe and Gasol you accomodate them in your offense, pringles coaching method has worked in the regular season but is not proven on a championship level, Kobe has proven himself on the championship level time and time again and im trusting that Kobe can figure out the right way to get it done, he doesnt have to accomodate to pringles "No defense" style.

AirFederer
12-11-2013, 06:50 PM
The mamba better deliver some wins pretty soon then...
Not a smart thing to say. He will not decline gracefully :confusedshrug:

AintNoSunshine
12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
The dude as a personality is simply unrespectable:facepalm

tmacattack33
12-11-2013, 10:34 PM
:oldlol:

"They weren't gangbusters before..."

That is hilariously bad leadership.

But anyway, I like it. The NBA needs some controversy right now.

Random_Guy
12-12-2013, 12:06 AM
i respect kobe, but what he said wasnt taken out of context, that's a pretty asshole thing to do :( the lakers had great chemistry and energy b4 kobe came back this year tbh

ripthekik
12-12-2013, 12:17 AM
He's right, it's coming from the perspective of a 5 time champion. A 50% winning rate team is nothing special. Funny to see some kids excited over this. So what, win a few games, barely make playoffs and get swept, or not make playoffs, that's something special? It was nice, but nothing to write home about. For Kobe it's always been championship or bust.

I guess it's a matter of having difference standards. For Dantoni this was probably pretty successful already :oldlol:

Eric Cartman
12-12-2013, 12:20 AM
People are making more than what it is.

Guy was critical thought last year and the years they were shit with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker.

When you have played on championship level teams it is normal to look around and see that things are not going to be that way. Is he lying?

Sure Kobe's leadership is subpar to say the least, but can't a 18 year veteran keep it real anymore.

It's A VC3!!!
12-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Well then that's your damn job Kobe. Make them gang busters. Your getting paid $25 million a year you clown. Instead of calling your team out put some of that money to use and translate it into some wins instead of losing two in a row. It's like Kobe only needs super great talent to ever win ANYTHING.

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Well then that's your damn job Kobe. Make them gang busters. Your getting paid $25 million a year you clown. Instead of calling your team out put some of that money to use and translate it into some wins instead of losing two in a row. It's like Kobe only needs super great talent to ever win ANYTHING.
This.

ballinhun8
12-12-2013, 12:40 AM
OP has fallen off the deep end.

He has made more posts about Kobe and the Lakers in the last week then he has about his team since the start of the season.

Why is he so obsessed with KB? Seriously, get a life and stop trolling so hard. The same topics get boring, day after day after day.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-12-2013, 12:41 AM
I don't personally have a problem with what he said. It's 100% accurate. I just think it's funny that if this were Dwight saying the same thing about the Rockets or something the same Laker fans defending Kobe would be blasting Dwight.

Black and White
12-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I don't personally have a problem with what he said. It's 100% accurate. I just think it's funny that if this were Dwight saying the same thing about the Rockets or something the same Laker fans defending Kobe would be blasting Dwight.

I think its because Kobe is more qualified to call his team out than Dwight is.

oh the horror
12-12-2013, 12:45 AM

What should he do? Explain exactly within the realm of reality how he should make a .500 team next level.

You know along the years I've seen people here complain about athletes not keeping it real etc.

When an athlete does keep it real we aren't ready to hear it?

Pau Gasol also knows wtf is up. Dude was being interviewed on an LA radio show today and asked about the coach.

He basically said he has thoughts on it but won't get into it.

Right now both are just doing their thing. Kobe trying to get 100 and Gasol tryin to squeeze through the season.

The talent is barely playoff level talent and the coach is garbage.

Shall both sit back and sing the praises of how great they'll be?

Kobe and Gasol are probably wondering what happens in the off season.

ALL OF LA is wondering the same. This team is cannon fodder. Assembled to entertain for right now. Nothing more.

Some of you are tripping.

oh the horror
12-12-2013, 12:47 AM

Kobe has been an 18 year veteran of this franchise and been through multiple title runs.

Dwight has been vocal with his displeasure during his tenure with every franchise he has been with and has zero titles and no stripes

It isn't the same thing.

YouGotServed
12-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Well said. I don't have a problem with Kobe calling it like it is, at all. I do find it laughable however that these same posters were the same ones bashing Dwight for saying players need to share minutes. There is no way to spin this. There is a double standard here. If you deny this you are a troll, homer or just genuinely f*cking stupid. :oldlol:

ripthekik
12-12-2013, 01:02 AM

He has made more posts about Kobe and the Lakers in the last week then he has about his team since the start of the season.

Why is he so obsessed with KB? Seriously, get a life and stop trolling so hard. The same topics get boring, day after day after day.
op does nothing all day except suck on lebron's diiick and make threads about kobe and rose. Now that rose's out, he concentrates fully on Kobe :roll: :roll: :roll:

Solid Snake
12-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Kobe has no humility of humbleness. That's why when comments like this are made, it's easy to read into it, innocent or not, whereas had someone had said it, you could give them the benefit of the doubt. What has Kobe demonstrated in the past by his statements to show that he DIDN'T mean this in EXACTLY the way most people are taking it????? Of COURSE he's taking a shot at his team, WHY WOULD YOU THINK HE WASN'T?

longtime lurker
12-12-2013, 01:40 AM
:sleeping for a player that's supposedly irrelevant non Lakers fans sure love to talk about Kobe. Sure what Kobe said isn't politically correct but at this point why should anyone really give a fvck. It's been 2 games and people are already throwing Kobe under bus. I swear we went over the same shit last year where people were saying the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs and look what happened. If Lakers make the playoffs great, if they don't then they get a lottery pick. Like why does anyone give a fvck at this point?

oh the horror
12-12-2013, 01:43 AM
:sleeping for a player that's supposedly irrelevant non Lakers fans sure love to talk about Kobe. Sure what Kobe said isn't politically correct but at this point why should anyone really give a fvck. It's been 2 games and people are already throwing Kobe under bus. I swear we went over the same shit last year where people were saying the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs and look what happened. If Lakers make the playoffs great, if they don't then they get a lottery pick. Like why does anyone give a fvck at this point?

The biggest bullshit I've ever read here is he is "overshadowed" by several peers of his.

This guy farts on the court and the board shuts down.

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM

You have made over 500 posts about Dwight Howard in the last 3 days alone.

tmacattack33
12-12-2013, 11:07 AM
He's right, it's coming from the perspective of a 5 time champion. A 50% winning rate team is nothing special. Funny to see some kids excited over this. So what, win a few games, barely make playoffs and get swept, or not make playoffs, that's something special? It was nice, but nothing to write home about. For Kobe it's always been championship or bust.

I guess it's a matter of having difference standards. For Dantoni this was probably pretty successful already :oldlol:

Sorry man. You're idol is a terrible leader.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not that Lakers aren't gangbusters. Even if the Lakers were 5-15 right now, to say something like that about your own team is hilariously stupid.

And it hardly even matters what context it was said in, and I haven't seen the whole interview....But i can't think of any context in which that would be an okay thing to say.

BlackVVaves
12-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Why is there such a misconception about the Lakers owning a pick this year? They own their own first rounder this year.

Second, though I believe defense is half athleticism and inherent instinct, half effort and commitment, Kobe's ineffectiveness on that side of the ball last season was primarily rooted in his inability to physically stay in front of his man. Old age, slow footed. Lack of lateral quickness. Of course he compounds that with his bad decision making, senselessly gambling for steals and giving up on the play once his gamble fails. But I think last year it was predominantly a physical thing, then an effort thing.

Third. Yes, Kobe was right. It wasn't like they were gangbusters before. We have all been clamoring on how impressive the team was, and they stood at 10-9. That's how underwhelming the Lakers are, that being 10-9 stirs that type of response around the basketball community. No, they weren't gangbusters by any means. But that doesn't mean Kobe had to undermine all the effort his teammates have been exhibiting in attaining that record and make those comments. Though I don't think he was being purposefully shrewd, I do think a certain defensive mechanism kicked in when Kobe was approached with the idea that somehow he is the reason the Lakers are losing. And though I agree that is an idiotic sentiment for anyone to run with, Kobe could have and should have just taken the high road, and simply utter that the chemistry will be fine in a few weeks.

It's not as serious as some of you Kobe detractors are painting it. But, he's also not unblemished in making his statements either. If you were Steve Blake, or Xavier Henry, or one of the other Lakers outside of Pau Gasol (who has sucked beyond imagination despite SCREAMING for the chance to be a second option again for the last few years; ok, you are a number 1 option in the offense now, and you are shooting 41%...AS A BIG. :facepalm ), how would you feel? You've been playing your heart out, taking your talent (or lack thereof) as far as it can go, and having fun doing it all the while despite being widely mediocre. How would you feel?

riseagainst
12-12-2013, 04:30 PM

OP is a laker fan.