PDA

View Full Version : So Anthony Bennett is a bust?

bagelred
12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I really haven't been paying attention, but 10 MPG? only 2 PPG? Huh?

What's going on here....someone explain immediately.

fiddy
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Hes been labeled a bust since the day he was drafted with that #1 pick.

AI Thornton
12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
I can't recall a #1 pick being proclaimed a bust by pretty much everybody so quickly.

senelcoolidge
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
He's going to have a horrible rookie year, but don't count him out. His rookie numbers make a scrub like Austin Rivers look decent. But Bennett still has time to put it together. I think he's not in a good place right now.

Wavves
12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
He's going to have a horrible rookie year, but don't count him out. His rookie numbers make a scrub like Austin Rivers look decent. But Bennett still has time to put it together. I think he's not in a good place right now.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think he will be a special player, but he'll be okay in the long run. Probably will be a 'bust' for a number 1 pick, but still a solid player.

I don't want to critique him to hard til he gets off that garbage Cleveland team or it is fixed. What a terribly constructed roster.

bagelred
12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
He's going to have a horrible rookie year,

Why? #1 overalls shouldn't ever be "horrible" in the NBA. It's not like he's coming out of High School.....

jzek
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Bust would be someone like Kwame or Olowakandi. They'd have to create a new term to describe Bennett.

HomieWeMajor
12-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Bust would be someone like Kwame or Olowakandi. They'd have to create a new term to describe Bennett.
Premature bust

Myth
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM

To me it seems that the only thing he has going for him is that he was picked so high that teams will give him chance after chance in hopes that he will pay off for them. If a 2nd rounder showed the same production as him so far, they would not be getting any minutes at all.

alenleomessi
12-12-2013, 09:51 AM
To me it seems that the only thing he has going for him is that he was picked so high that teams will give him chance after chance in hopes that he will pay off for them. If a 2nd rounder showed the same production as him so far, they would not be getting any minutes at all.
yup was just going to say this

i knew he was a bust as soon as someone posted that video with that old guy where bennett couldnt palm the ball and missed all 5-6 shots from the ft line..

chips93
12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Why? #1 overalls shouldn't ever be "horrible" in the NBA. It's not like he's coming out of High School.....

hes the third best PF on the roster, behind two very solid players in tristan thompson and anderson varejao. few rookies would get PT ahead of those two guys

hes gotten some minutes at the 3 recently, and hes been a little better, but its not his natural position.

andremiller07
12-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Looking similar (worse) to the Derrick Williams situation where he's stuck and atm is caught in between positions/playing behind a legit starter hopeful if like Williams he gets moved and losses weight he can start getting it together.

East_Stone_Ya
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
hes the third best PF on the roster, behind two very solid players in tristan thompson and anderson varejao. few rookies would get PT ahead of those two guys

hes gotten some minutes at the 3 recently, and hes been a little better, but its not his natural position.

so why was he drafted by cavs then?

Nick Young
12-12-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZr_GKwmtY
sheeeit I got bigger hands then that guy and im 8 inches shorter

BoutPractice
12-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Give him 5 years and then we'll talk about it (unless he's out of the league by then of course). We judge draft picks way too early.

chips93
12-12-2013, 10:49 AM
so why was he drafted by cavs then?

i wish i knew

TheReturn
12-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Dude just takes way too many long jumpers.

To4
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
he fat thats why..

Theoo
12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: bricks bricks bricks

CeltsGarlic
12-12-2013, 11:38 AM
i wish i knew

cause you never know shit, no surprises. please never post again, you are the worst poster on this board, and that says a lot. :facepalm

2LeTTeRS
12-12-2013, 12:07 PM

I don't think that's the issue. In today's NBA Varejao is a 5 and for the most part he splits minutes at center with Bynum. On the other hand Bennett was counted on to provide instant offense off the bench from the front-court; and has not shown himself to be good enough to handle that role.

DukeDelonte13
12-12-2013, 12:13 PM
eh maybe maybe not. Too soon to really tell how he's gonna turn out.

As someone else said he's behind TT and Andy V. who are both pretty decent PFs. Coming in out of shape didn't do him any favors. He's still carrying baby fat he gained during the offseason while he was in that shoulder sling.

He takes max maybe like 2 shots a game now. Hard to get into a rhythm when you are playing less than 10 minutes and not touching the ball.

According to the cavs FO they didn't view any of the top lottery picks as starters. They knew they were going to draft a guy that was gonna come off the bench anyways.

His biggest issues right now are fitness and confidence. Both seem to be improving slowly.

DukeDelonte13
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't think that's the issue. In today's NBA Varejao is a 5 and for the most part he splits minutes at center with Bynum. On the other hand Bennett was counted on to provide instant offense off the bench from the front-court; and has not shown himself to be good enough to handle that role.

Bennett was never counted on for anything. He doesn't get touches when he's out there. Jarret Jack is literally the worst guard he could be playing with and it seems like that's whose always out there with him.

chocolatethunder
12-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm not defending him or Cleveland but he had surgery on his shoulder in the offseason and was not in shape at the start of the season. He is clearly not in shape yet. That being said, he's played terribly. I however, don't want to judge someone based on a small sample of games in their rookie year. Give the dude some time maybe he'll still suck maybe he won't we'll have to wait and see.

RRR3
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
cause you never know shit, no surprises. please never post again, you are the worst poster on this board, and that says a lot. :facepalm
:facepalm

kurple
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
trade him to denver

Uncle Drew
12-12-2013, 12:46 PM
trade him to denver
For NY's pick? :pimp:

chips93
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM

:oldlol:

why you so butthurt?

kurple
12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
For NY's pick? :pimp:
:roll: no way

but we got many other things to offer

senelcoolidge
12-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I watched a Cleveland game recently. The guy that was being guarded by Bennett kept going at him and Bennett had 3 quick fouls. He looks lost on defense. They know he's a liability and they go at him on offense.

scm5
12-12-2013, 03:43 PM
You're taking an undersized PF and sticking him in the SF position as a rookie and expecting him to perform.

Look at how well Josh Smith is doing at SF and he's a seasoned vet.

Give Bennett time.

MP.Trey
12-12-2013, 03:59 PM
You're taking an undersized PF and sticking him in the SF position as a rookie and expecting him to perform.

Look at how well Josh Smith is doing at SF and he's a seasoned vet.

Give Bennett time.
Bennett has played very very little time at SF. He logged a couple minutes at SF in the past two or three games but that's a new experiment on offense since when we've been playing him at the 4, he likes to hang around the three point line on offense.

About 1 in 3 shots he takes are threes, and he looks tentative and downright scared to make a move when he has the ball so he settles for whatever his teammates create for him. His defense has been shaky against certain matchups, but I want to say for the most part I am surprisingly impressed by his work on defense, as well as his work on the glass. He puts in effort on that side of the ball for sure and can use his body well when he chooses to, his rebounding has been noteworthy in limited time.

The kid oozes potential, and through some cringe worthy moments, it is glaringly evident. He needs to get in shape, both physically and mentally, he has all the tools to put it together and you can see the talent but he has yet to put it together. Maybe Cleveland is not the best place for him moving forward.

blood yes
12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
I highly doubt you have bigger hands than a prototypical nba big man

scm5
12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Bennett has played very very little time at SF. He logged a couple minutes at SF in the past two or three games but that's a new experiment on offense since when we've been playing him at the 4, he likes to hang around the three point line on offense.

About 1 in 3 shots he takes are threes, and he looks tentative and downright scared to make a move when he has the ball so he settles for whatever his teammates create for him. His defense has been shaky against certain matchups, but I want to say for the most part I am surprisingly impressed by his work on defense, as well as his work on the glass. He puts in effort on that side of the ball for sure and can use his body well when he chooses to, his rebounding has been noteworthy in limited time.

The kid oozes potential, and through some cringe worthy moments, it is glaringly evident. He needs to get in shape, both physically and mentally, he has all the tools to put it together and you can see the talent but he has yet to put it together. Maybe Cleveland is not the best place for him moving forward.

Sorry, I didn't realize that. I don't watch Cavs games but he's always listed as a SF and I thought they drafted him as a SF. Thanks.

dunksby
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I highly doubt you have bigger hands than a prototypical nba big man
He probably has a very small dick to believe that.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
It's not even the new year yet.

Now the people who were saying Grandmama, I never saw it at UNLV. But at least give the kid until his rookie option year.

I think he's a 6th/7th man, tho. Like Waiters. Cavs organization must have really liked Earl Clark or something.

Genaro
12-12-2013, 04:42 PM
What about Porter Jr? He looked like a bust his first 2 games too.

HomieWeMajor
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/525058321362160171803323.png
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Can_7187af_655279.jpeg
Why you delete your post homie