PDA

View Full Version : LMA - MVP candidate yet no mention in early all star votes

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:16 PM
:facepalm

Droid101
12-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Completely unbiased thread. Congratulations OP.

kNicKz
12-12-2013, 07:17 PM
MVP candidate?

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Completely unbiased thread. Congratulations OP.
So you're one of the idiot casuals who vote for this too? Bet you voted for Lin, Howard and Griffin.

qrich
12-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, let us look at the forwards in the West and then see who is more popular.

moe94
Nobody wants to see LMA shot fadeaways all game. Complaining about the casual nature of the most casual weekend in sports is silly.

Legends66NBA7
It's a casual voting, so not many watch LMA nor do they know much about his game over the year being in Portland.

He'll still be in the game, though.

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Nobody wants to see LMA shot fadeaways all game. Complaining about the casual nature of the most casual weekend in sports is silly.
Who wants to watch Lin suck it up, or Griffin flop all over the court?

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Yep, it sucks but the all star game is a popularity contest. Same thing with Dirk, a decade of being an MVP candidate yet never started an all star game.

Droid101
12-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Uh... Griffin and Lin, while maybe not better players, are way more exciting to watch do their thing. Lin has a flair for dramatic drives and taking over games enthusiastically. Griffin's highlights speak for themselves.

This isn't "Best player in the game" weekend. It's all star. I want to see dunks and alley oops and highlight blocks. Not mid-range jump shots.

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Uh... Griffin and Lin, while maybe not better players, are way more exciting to watch do their thing. Lin has a flair for dramatic drives and taking over games enthusiastically. Griffin's highlights speak for themselves.

This isn't "Best player in the game" weekend. It's all star. I want to see dunks and alley oops and highlight blocks. Not mid-range jump shots.

Then why isn't Westbrook in and Lin will be? Westbrook is 10x the player and 10x more exciting than Lin. Is it because Asians are racist and will vote for their'own kind 'even though they're rubbish?

moe94
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM

People want to see Blake, for obvious reasons and I assume you have problems with him starting over LMA. You know what it is by now.

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Yep, it sucks but the all star game is a popularity contest. Same thing with Dirk, a decade of being an MVP candidate yet never started an all star game.
No Dirk in is rubbish as well. Dude is amazing.

moe94
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM

In what universe does he start over Duncan/Shaq/Garnett or even Amare?

Amare was more popular because he was more exciting. Deal with it.

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 07:47 PM
In what universe does he start over Duncan/Shaq/Garnett or even Amare?

Amare was more popular because he was more exciting. Deal with it.

:wtf:
What do you mean deal with it? I clearly said it was a popularity contest, which is why players like KG and Amare would start over Dirk.

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
No Dirk in is rubbish as well. Dude is amazing.
:applause:

moe94
12-12-2013, 07:50 PM
What do you mean deal with it? I clearly said it was a popularity contest, which is why players like KG and Amare would start over Dirk.

KG was CLEARLY a better player than Dirk when he was on the Timberwolves. Just stop.

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Moe is one of the worst posters on this board, it's best just to ignore him.

G-train
12-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Voters getting more intelligent and recognizing both sides of the floor?

G-train
12-12-2013, 08:44 PM

On a serious note, he is mentioned.

Western Conference
Frontcourt:
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 607,407
2. Dwight Howard (Hou) 295,120
3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 292,925
4. Kevin Love (Min) 275,506
5. Tim Duncan (SA) 217,271
6. Anthony Davis (NO) 149,579
7. Pau Gasol (LAL) 133,199
8. LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 132,818
9. Andre Iguodala (GS) 109,745
10. Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 89,093
11. Chandler Parsons (Hou) 77,179
12. DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 60,923
13. David Lee (GS) 60,015
14. Kawhi Leonard (SA) 55,023
15. Omer Asik (Hou) 53,827

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 08:49 PM

Dirk an MVP candidate for an entire decade? :lol

06-11 doesn't count as a decade. And even in that span he had no chance in 08

moe94
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Moe is one of the worst posters on this board, it's best just to ignore him.
???:biggums:

That's cold. I actually think you're a cool poster, too. :oldlol:

Also, how was it a travesty that KG started over Dirk? Really? Is this real life?

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2013, 08:58 PM

Garnett wasn't making it over Nowitzki because of popularity, man. There were a number of years he was better than him.

moe94
12-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Garnett wasn't making it over Nowitzki because of popularity, man. There were a numbers he was better than him.

Christ. :applause:

These Mavs fans are seriously out of control. It's embarrassing. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2013, 09:11 PM

And I have to call you out for bullshitting too. Dirk actually did start in the 2007 all-star game. And he also could not have been an MVP candidate in 00 and 01.

From every other year Dirk qualified as an all-star, he usually was overshadowed by that spots by Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. Only other times there was someone different were guys like Chris Webber, Tracy McGrady, and Amare Stoudemire. But honestly speaking, it's not popularity either that these guys went over Nowitzki in those years.

33teeth
12-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I think Aldridge will be on the All Star team so belly aching about it is premature. To keep things in perspective, Cousins even has pretty similar (maybe better) stats so far this season and nobody is really complaining that he's even lower in voting.

Small markets. It is what it is.

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Garnett wasn't making it over Nowitzki because of popularity, man. There were a number of years he was better than him.

Exactly

Dirk was never considered to be better a better than KG while KG was in his prime which ended about 05/06. Even then after for a few years KG was considered a more impactful player.

veilside23
12-12-2013, 09:36 PM
i never thought being a dirk fan is contagious damn...

dirk wont touch peak kg .... the influence of a lengthy post by a dirk fan over and over again just makes dirk followers nod like walkers ...

thread is about LMA not getting enough votes why do we have dirk here?

people who dont watch LMA simply doesnt get it...

but they are right All stars these days are more of a popularity voting...

But coaches still has a say about it so LMA will make it

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Some of you guys COMPLETELY missed the point of my post. My point was that no matter how many years Dirk was an MVP candidate (which was several years), and whether you considered him the best PF or not... his game is not flashy or exciting enough to the casual fans for him to be voted in. Which is the exact same situation LMA may be in.

Don't mention 2007 because Dirk started due to an injury to Yao, not being voted in...

It wasnt me who even mentioned the other players.

Now, how is my post wrong?

veilside23
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Exactly

Dirk was never considered to be better a better than KG while KG was in his prime which ended about 05/06. Even then after for a few years KG was considered a more impactful player.

THIS!

KG being ringless at sota was considered as 1a/1b with TD.

dirk in his prime was just under the shade waiting for kg and td to decline and when he won the ring... YEY HERE WE COME!!!!! dirk is a great player but simply overrated by some lengthy post while discrediting his teammates...

just because kg didnt win a ring in his prime that he wasnt that GREAT!.

please tell me if this is a joke
http://youtu.be/K1VtZht_8t4

i know its kg's best game but the things he did this game i cant find enough words to say... its amaing

moe94
12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
It wasnt me who even mentioned the other players.

Now, how is my post wrong?

You're backpedaling. You flat out implied KG never deserved a start over Dirk and that he was voted in from pure popularity. That is asinine. You got called out. Just stop. :facepalm

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 09:53 PM
You're backpedaling. You flat out implied KG never deserved a start over Dirk and that he was voted in from pure popularity. That is asinine. You got called out. Just stop. :facepalm

Did I say from pure popularity? No. Get over it. :facepalm

You're reaching hard

moe94
12-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Did I say from pure popularity? No. Get over it. :facepalm

You're reaching hard

Let's review what happened.

I said "in what universe would Dirk get in before Shaq/Duncan/KG and Amare"

You attacked Amare and rightfully so. You also included KG. You left out the other two, which implies you believe Dirk was a better player and that KG getting in over him was a disservice.

These are facts. No one is reaching.

You see, when people say stupid things and get corrected, they learn from it and perhaps have some shame.

You are absolutely not trying to accept it and try to make me look an ass.

Stop. You're embarrassing. :coleman:

Random_Guy
12-12-2013, 10:03 PM
who cares, we all know how good LMA is. He's getting paid and winning, I doubt he gives a **** either.
when has the all star game starters ever indicated anything anyway? If you're good you'll still going to get in as a reserve

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2013, 10:07 PM
who cares, we all know how good LMA is. He's getting paid and winning, I doubt he gives a **** either.
when has the all star game starters ever indicated anything anyway? If you're good you'll still going to get in as a reserve

Well, the reserves are voted by the coaches. The players that usually get voted in as the reserves are usually the players on the better teams. LMA should be a shoe-in.

BlazerRed
???:biggums:

That's cold. I actually think you're a cool poster, too. :oldlol:

Also, how was it a travesty that KG started over Dirk? Really? Is this real life?
I've seen you in a lot of threads recently putting your point across in a less than constructive way.

Ai2death
The all-star game is the most overrated piece of shit ever. Yeah the best players are generally there, but there's no competiveness there, Hell, there's more at the local seniors rec league.
Dude's are just there to chuck some ally's, break some ankles and jack some shots. All of which can be seen on YouTube at the push of a button.

I often consider taking all-star weekend of work so I can sit back and enjoy the festivities, but seriously, regular season games are better.

moe94
12-12-2013, 10:09 PM
I've seen you in a lot of threads recently putting your point across in a less than constructive way.
I'm a transplant from a terrible place. This is me trying to be nice. :coleman:

I cannot help if I come across like a dick sometimes.

Random_Guy
12-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Well, the reserves are voted by the coaches. The players that usually get voted in as the reserves are usually the players on the better teams. LMA should be a shoe-in.
yeah that's what I meant, the starters dont mean a damn thing. :cheers:

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2013, 10:16 PM

Hmmm... Where about's is this terrible place ?

:D

BlazerRed
12-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Transplant from a terrible place? What choo talking about nikka? :biggums: how high are you right now?

cos88
12-12-2013, 10:54 PM
i don't see the problem.

you know that there is only frontcourt and only 3 spaces? the coaches will pick him as a reserve.

Black and White
12-12-2013, 10:59 PM
On a serious note, he is mentioned.

Western Conference
Frontcourt:
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 607,407
2. Dwight Howard (Hou) 295,120
3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 292,925
4. Kevin Love (Min) 275,506
5. Tim Duncan (SA) 217,271
6. Anthony Davis (NO) 149,579
7. Pau Gasol (LAL) 133,199
8. LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 132,818
9. Andre Iguodala (GS) 109,745
10. Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 89,093
11. Chandler Parsons (Hou) 77,179
12. DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 60,923
13. David Lee (GS) 60,015
14. Kawhi Leonard (SA) 55,023
15. Omer Asik (Hou) 53,827

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DirkNowitzki41
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Let's review what happened.

I said "in what universe would Dirk get in before Shaq/Duncan/KG and Amare"

You attacked Amare and rightfully so. You also included KG. You left out the other two, which implies you believe Dirk was a better player and that KG getting in over him was a disservice.

These are facts. No one is reaching.

You see, when people say stupid things and get corrected, they learn from it and perhaps have some shame.

You are absolutely not trying to accept it and try to make me look an ass.

Stop. You're embarrassing. :coleman:

Once again, you are reaching hard.

All this started because you couldn't understand my post.

I said LMA won't start the all star game, even if he is an MVP candidate, because his game is not flashy or exciting enough to the casual fans.. similar to Dirk. Do you consider Dirk's game flashy? Exactly.

If you want to argue who is better between Dirk and KG, then go ahead and make a thread about it, but that's not what my post was even about.

Then you brought up the Duncan/KG/Shaq crap and I said players like Amare and KG who are obviously more popular than Dirk would get in before him. I didn't clearly say KG would get in ONLY by popularity.

You're trying way too hard, and read way too much into my post.

I'm done.. I should have read Blazers post about getting in an argument with you. like ****, it's like talking to a brick wall

moe94
12-12-2013, 11:48 PM
All this started because you couldn't understand my post.
l

Learn how to put together proper sentences and thoughts. The fault lies with you, not reading comprehension.

Besides, I bet you think Dirk really is a better player than KG ever was. :lol