PDA

View Full Version : Can Lebron really play at Center?

tgan3
12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Physically speaking this guy is close to 6'9 in shoes and is a freak in terms of athletic ability, strong as a bull yet quick as a deer.

Ben Wallace was 6'9 and could play at center, how bout bron?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SCC8VDqNqYE/T_DggAbRsLI/AAAAAAAAACg/yZhwYigVRGI/s640/james+and+howard.jpg

Not much difference in height between lebron and dwight anyway.

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 09:18 PM
He could do it with the right conditioning and gaining physical mass. He is conditioned right now to be an SF.

This is what makes Lebron a completely versatile player. Sitting in top 10 of all time.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2746093/leblockepic.gif

Random_Guy
12-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Physically speaking this guy is close to 6'9 in shoes and is a freak in terms of athletic ability, strong as a bull yet quick as a deer.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SCC8VDqNqYE/T_DggAbRsLI/AAAAAAAAACg/yZhwYigVRGI/s640/james+and+howard.jpg

Not much difference in height between lebron and dwight anyway.
You cant really compare Big Ben to Lebron in my opinion.

Black and White
12-12-2013, 09:19 PM
He could do it with the right conditioning and gaining physical mass. He is conditioned right now to be an SF.

This is what makes Lebron a completely versatile player. Sitting in top 5 of all time.http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2746093/leblockepic.gif

LeBron James is not a top 5 player of all time, just stop

9erempiree
12-12-2013, 09:20 PM
If Lebron can play center then he sucks at it.

His team is getting owned in the paint in points and rebounds.

Pick your poison Lebronites.

b0bab0i
12-12-2013, 09:25 PM
No

Black and White
12-12-2013, 09:27 PM

This is what makes Lebron a completely versatile player. Sitting in top 10 of all time.

:roll: :roll: You just changed it

9erempiree
12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
The man is not going to play any Center. He has to keep those stats up.

TheReal Kendall
12-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Naw he too soft

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
LeBron James is not a top 5 player of all time
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif

Black and White
12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif

Are you claming he is?????

russwest0
12-12-2013, 09:35 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2746093/leblockepic.gif

Blocking Tiago Splitter?

Russell Westbrook blocked Roy Hibbert going straight up. Is Westbrook top 10?

Ger real clowns

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 09:36 PM
"Lebron can play all 5 positions"

"IND bigs kill us"

:lol

Black and White
12-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Blocking Tiago Splitter?

Ger real clowns

Look further up, he had initially put top 5 before changing it lol

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Are you claming he is?????
I quite clearly am.

Wilt
Jordan
Shaq
LeBron

in no particular order

9erempiree
12-12-2013, 09:38 PM
I swear Lebron fans give me so many material.

First I was inspired to make the Efficient vs. Dominant thread because of them.

Now I may just use why Miami sucks in the paint when Lebron can play center.

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Blocking Tiago Splitter?

Ger real clowns
Better?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron-James-Blocks-Tim-Duncan.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2664721/lefinger.gif

Black and White
12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I quite clearly am.

Wilt
Jordan
Shaq
LeBron

in no particular order

No Kareem? Magic?? Bird???

moe94
12-12-2013, 09:42 PM
"Lebron can play all 5 positions"

"IND bigs kill us"

"LeBron should be able to contain both the perimeter and the post while simultaneously running an entire offense"

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM
"LeBron should be able to contain both the perimeter and the post while simultaneously running an entire offense"

Oh I didn't know defense and offense took place at the same time for Lebron.

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 10:01 PM
No Kareem? Magic?? Bird???
Nope

Black and White
12-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Nope

Look LeBron is one of the best players of all time no doubt, but he isn't better than Kareem, can you at least admit that?

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 10:06 PM

Lebron could play at Center. You don't understand or have ever played basketball. Since Lebron is Miami's main offensive threat and playmaker, you can't expect him to play Center and run the offense and not be tired out.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/424273/lebron-blocks-kobe-dunk-o.gif
Next. Lebron will always beat Kobe. 13-6
2 FMVP in 4 Finals - Lebron
2 FMVP in 7 Finals - Kobe
:roll: :roll:

moe94
12-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Oh I didn't know defense and offense took place at the same time for Lebron.
Outrageous comments deserve outrageous replies.

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 10:08 PM
This.

Lebron has spoiled everyone of his unrealistic play. He plays with unrealistic stats that people think is so easy to attain. Lebron, the only player avg 25pt-6as-6rb so far in 2013.

eliteballer
12-12-2013, 10:09 PM
OP is a typical moronic poster who doesnt understand perspective or angles:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jOYilOa77R0/hqdefault.jpg

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/2008%20USA%20Team%20Photo.jpeg

If he could legitimately play it they wouldn't keep getting owned by big teams with legit bigs or keep getting killed on the boards.

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Lebron could play at Center. You don't understand or have ever played basketball. Since Lebron is Miami's main offensive threat and playmaker, you can't expect him to play Center and run the offense and not be tired out.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/424273/lebron-blocks-kobe-dunk-o.gif
Next. Lebron will always beat Kobe. 13-6
2 FMVP in 4 Finals - Lebron
2 FMVP in 7 Finals - Kobe

Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Ewing, Kareem, 09 Dwight, Yao, all say hi

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Outrageous comments deserve outrageous replies.

If Lebron can play center the why don't they roll with

Lebron
Bosh
Beasley
Wade
Chalmers

Y'all keep saying he can play center but all I hear is excuses for why he can't?

"He can't be the #1 option and play center". Ummm why not? Plenty of actual centers have done it before.

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Lebron
Bosh
Beasley
Wade
Chalmers

Y'all keep saying he can play center but all I hear is excuses for why he can't?

"He can't be the #1 option and play center". Ummm why not? Plenty of actual centers have done it before.
You're reaching. Thread title is "Can" Lebron really play at Center. Yes he can, unlike Kobe because of his size. Why would he need to if he's more comfortable at SF or PF and there are far better suitable players on his team to play at C or PF like Haslem/Bosh, to win, unlike 10-12. Playing at C wears a player down, so why would he at his current weight?

Next.

Jameerthefear
anyone who legitimately thinks lbj could play center against a team that actually matters is retarded.

moe94

Uh...no? Anyone who believes that is being silly. He might be able to log in a few minutes, but to suggest he can full on play C is beyond asinine.

SavageMode
12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Uh...no? Anyone who believes that is being silly. He might be able to log in a few minutes, but to suggest he can full on play C is beyond asinine.
Add 20-30 lbs of weight to Lebron and he could battle in the paint, but sacrifice his speed.

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
You're reaching. Thread title is "Can" Lebron really play at Center. Yes he can, unlike Kobe because of his size. Why would he need to if he's more comfortable at SF or PF and there are far better suitable players on his team to play at C or PF like Haslem/Bosh, to win, unlike 10-12. Playing at C wears a player down, so why would he at his current weight?

Next.

Thanks so next time someone ask me if I can fly to the moon ill be sure to tell them "of course I can, but why would I when I'm more comfortable on earth, we have astronauts at NASA who are more suitable for it, flying to the moon wears a guy down, so why would I"

Black and White
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks so next time someone ask me if I can fly to the moon ill be sure to tell them "of course I can, but why would I when I'm more comfortable on earth, we have astronauts at NASA who are more suitable for it, flying to the moon wears a guy down, so why would I"

moe94
12-12-2013, 10:28 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

TheMarkMadsen
12-12-2013, 10:30 PM

If that's what y'all are tryin to argue..

Then this is the most pointless discussion ever.

Almost any nba player could play any position for a few minutes. Wesley Johnson gets some minutes at the 4, doesn't mean he can play power forward though.

tgan3
12-12-2013, 10:34 PM
OP is a typical moronic poster who doesnt understand perspective or angles:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jOYilOa77R0/hqdefault.jpg

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/2008%20USA%20Team%20Photo.jpeg

If he could legitimately play it they wouldn't keep getting owned by big teams with legit bigs or keep getting killed on the boards.

Seriously there's not much difference in height. The angle argument can be used on your first pic too, cant even see their legs. Second pic, bron was slouching and feet was apart. Howard was standing pretty straight.

Lebron is listed at 6'8, Howard at 6'11 but truth is its closer,i bet howard is less than 2 inches taller then bron

imdaman99
12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Sure. I've seen him shut down Kendrick Perkins in the finals, very few can do that :bowdown:

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Look LeBron is one of the best players of all time no doubt, but he isn't better than Kareem, can you at least admit that?
No. I think Wilt, Shaq, LeBron and Jordan are all better.

Black and White
12-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Care to justify how LeBron is better than Kareem???

moe94
12-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Seems like you're obsessed with stats, which is weird that you don't put KAJ with them since he's absolutely on their level.

VIntageNOvel
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM

ether!:bowdown:

La Frescobaldi
12-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Shaq is a dude I need to think about more. I need to go back and watch those Lakers again because he really was ferocious good wasn't he?

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Care to justify how LeBron is better than Kareem???
What's the obsession with LeBron? I named four players. Why you stuck on one?

chazzy
12-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Just stop

Black and White
12-12-2013, 11:16 PM
What's the obsession with LeBron? I named four players. Why you stuck on one?

Because i think the other three are all fine to have in the conversation (maybe shaq can be left out too) but LeBron James DEFINITELY is not in this conversation yet.

bizil
12-12-2013, 11:20 PM
I think guys like Bron and Magic are really guys who can run PG-PF. Center has always been a stretch across the board. Meaning in certain instances they can do it. Against certain guys. But frankly mentality and natural position wise, I think PF is the extent of their versatility. Plus Bron is a great defender, unlike Magic. But Bron comes closer than any other perimeter player to be able to play and defend all five positions. While KG holds that distinction for the big guys.

NumberSix
12-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Because i think the other three are all fine to have in the conversation (maybe shaq can be left out too) but LeBron James DEFINITELY is not in this conversation yet.
Meh. I think LeBron is a better player. If I was drafting a team, I'd draft all 4 of those guys before I'd draft Kareem.

Black and White
12-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Meh. I think LeBron is a better player. If I was drafting a team, I'd draft all 4 of those guys before I'd draft Kareem.

While LeBron is the better all around player, im asking you about all time rankings, not who you would draft first, you cant say that LeBron has done enough yet to put him ahead of the all time leading scorer.

TheMilkyBarKid
12-12-2013, 11:53 PM

Dont act like you are any better troll

wakencdukest
12-13-2013, 01:25 AM
I think Miami should move him to point center.

D.J.
12-13-2013, 01:29 AM

Ben Wallace could also bench press over 400 pounds. LeBron may be able to jump higher on the run, but Ben could jump higher from a standstill. LeBron's coordination is meant for swingmen. He wouldn't make it at center.

I<3NBA
12-13-2013, 01:47 AM
so you guys want him to play center but also contain the opposing teams' wing player?

"If only I could clone 5 of myself..." LBJ

if Lebron guards Hibbert, haters will say "LeFlop afraid of guarding Paul George"

NumberSix
12-13-2013, 02:17 AM
While LeBron is the better all around player, im asking you about all time rankings, not who you would draft first, you cant say that LeBron has done enough yet to put him ahead of the all time leading scorer.
Why not? He's certainly ahead of the #2 all time scorer. What's the big difference?

Black and White
12-13-2013, 02:19 AM
Why not? He's certainly ahead of the #2 all time scorer. What's the big difference?

Come on man, you know there is more to Kareem than just points, look, as far as i see it, Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russell, Shaq are all ahead of LeBron for now, but he will pass most of them except Jordan. Fair?

9erempiree
12-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I think the real question here is how come Lebron is not playing center when his team is getting out rebounded and out scored in the paint.

Oh wait....that's because he can't play center.

NumberSix
12-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Come on man, you know there is more to Kareem than just points, look, as far as i see it, Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russell, Shaq are all ahead of LeBron for now, but he will pass most of them except Jordan. Fair?
No. If you're so sure he will inevitably be regarded as being better than them, why not just accept it now? What are you waiting for?

NumberSix
12-13-2013, 02:25 AM
I think the real question here is how come Lebron is not playing center when his team is getting out rebounded and out scored in the paint.

Oh wait....that's because he can't play center.
And have who run the offense? Chris Bosh? :hammerhead:

Black and White
12-13-2013, 02:44 AM
No. If you're so sure he will inevitably be regarded as being better than them, why not just accept it now? What are you waiting for?

Just waiting for him to win a few more rings, the reason i can't put him above them yet is because his body of work doesn't stack up. In a few years it probably will.

Mr. Jabbar
12-13-2013, 02:46 AM
he could play any of the 5 positions, as long as wade bosh and allen keep hitting their shots its all good :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
12-13-2013, 03:10 AM
And have who run the offense? Chris Bosh? :hammerhead:

What does playing center on defense have to do with running the offense

If anything that would create huge match up problems for the other team when the HEAT have the ball

TheCorporation
12-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Seriously there's not much difference in height. The angle argument can be used on your first pic too, cant even see their legs. Second pic, bron was slouching and feet was apart. Howard was standing pretty straight.

Lebron is listed at 6'8, Howard at 6'11 but truth is its closer,i bet howard is less than 2 inches taller then bron

Let's say it is only a 2 inch difference, in the NBA 2 inches is a A LOT. It's the difference between elite and not sometimes.

Look at all the guys in the league who are 6'10. Now add 2 inches, how many 7 footers do we have to choose from? No where near as many.

Every 2 inches does make a big difference, it's not "just" two inches. Look at someone like Wade, if he was 6'6 instead of 6'4, or someone like D12, who is 6'10 vs 7. It would make a world of difference.

Anyway, back to the OPs question:

Can he play at the 5? Yes, of course. For extended periods of time, logging in big minutes? He could, but he is a SF, and is much better suited there.

It's like asking if LBJ could play football, yes he could, but he is better at basketball. The better question is, WOULD LBJ be better at the 5 than the 3, and the obvious answer is no. Of course he COULD play as a Center, but why would he when he is much better suited as a Small Forward?

TheCorporation
12-13-2013, 03:36 AM
I think Miami should move him to point center.

:lol :applause:

sportjames23
12-13-2013, 03:45 AM
I quite clearly am.

Wilt
Jordan
Shaq
LeBron

in no particular order

:facepalm

sportjames23
12-13-2013, 03:47 AM
Better?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron-James-Blocks-Tim-Duncan.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2664721/lefinger.gif

MJ blocked Ewing and Olajuwon a few times. Does that mean he can play center?

pauk
12-13-2013, 04:08 AM
MJ blocked Ewing and Olajuwon a few times. Does that mean he can play center?

OK, could MJ do stuff like this on the likes of Gasol, Hibbert, Howard or even Griffin (guess the equivalent would be Shawn Kemp)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3O94yv4vc

Lebron can guard/play Center better than at least anybody around his length today.... thats for very extremly sure...

Only Scottie Pippen & perhaps Dennis Rodman (Pistons days) in NBA history were that versatile defensively, all were around similar size. Many more 6'8-6'9 guys who could guard C, but none who could revert to then efficiently guard PGs aswell....

Tmuston Beltics
12-13-2013, 04:12 AM
lmfao look at that midget chris paul.. still taller than me :applause:

And1AllDay
12-13-2013, 04:20 AM
I think the point here is that he can play as a Center but since he is a better Small Forward why change it? We do have some undersized Centers in the NBA and I'm sure LeBron would do better than a few that come to mind (Joel Anthony, Chuck Hayes etc) and I'm sure he would be "okay" as a center, but he is great as a Small Forward, so he should just stay as a SF and at times have flashes of playing as a Center...Kinda like he already does now.

La Frescobaldi
12-13-2013, 08:50 AM
What does playing center on defense have to do with running the offense

If anything that would create huge match up problems for the other team when the HEAT have the ball
You are a lot better than this one.

You know darn well a center has to run 25 or 30 feet farther than a guard on every transition.... just from under his own basket.

ILLsmak
12-13-2013, 09:04 AM

best post I've seen on here in days, nice.

-Smak

AirFederer
12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Sure he can beast down low.
They scared now :cheers:

http://minus.com/ibnX1F0TfhfYf7.gif

http://minus.com/is0ppYV4h9btB.gif

Seriously, sure he could, but as otthers has said - but why should he? He

Rose'sACL
12-13-2013, 09:19 AM
no, he can't. not defensively at least.

dynasty1978
12-13-2013, 12:53 PM
This is similar to the "Can Lebron really defend all 5 positions?" question....and the answer is the same: Yes, assuming the player he's matched up against sucks.

Same could be said for a number of stars in this league.

Bandito
12-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Next.
Why are you always mentioning Kobe?