PDA

View Full Version : The Nets are Catching Fire

Duderonomy
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
All you haters and panic masters will be eating crow. I predicted .500 by All-star break but it might not even take that long. Oh sh** now my avatar is no longer relevant.

CelticBaller
12-12-2013, 11:15 PM
This thread will be fun to bump

coin24
12-12-2013, 11:18 PM
How is that hating? Its a fact they were playing like ass:oldlol:

Black and White
12-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Knee jerk reaction much?

oh the horror
12-12-2013, 11:20 PM
So it's "hating" to acknowledge that they were god awful?

Wake me up when they win several in a row dude.

Inferno
12-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Yup :oldlol:

moe94
12-12-2013, 11:22 PM
They sure look hungry out there.

The JKidd Kid
12-12-2013, 11:22 PM

Yes it will. :cheers:

cos88
12-12-2013, 11:23 PM
bookmarked will read again.

i'm serious would be a funny read in 3-4 months after one of their dinosours will get injured again.

mugiwara
12-13-2013, 12:33 AM
bookmarked will read again.

i'm serious would be a funny read in 3-4 months after one of their dinosours will get injured again.

nothing funny about an injury. :no:

Meticode
12-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Bait thread initiated. Successfully completed.

cos88
12-13-2013, 12:36 AM
nothing funny about an injury. :no:

you're right nothing funny about an injury but the chances are very high, this just happens more often to players above 34 years. also some of them hade health issues recently

SpecialQue
12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
How is that hating? Its a fact they were playing like ass:oldlol:

Yeah, this shit makes no sense. I mean, they were worse than the Knicks at one point, if you can believe it.

Eric Cartman
12-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Bragging about a team that is 8-14.

It's A VC3!!!
12-13-2013, 12:50 AM
At least let the Nets get to .500 before making this thread please. Yes, they are obviously much, much better with Deron but let's give it a few more games. Now Brook might miss extended time. Ugh, this team can never catch a break when it comes to injuries. And it's been Deron and Brook 10x more than Kevin and Paul. Not what we expected.

MMM
12-13-2013, 01:19 AM
2 game winning streak aint shit
wait till that bitch reachs 5

ILLsmak
12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
2 game winning streak aint shit
wait till that bitch reachs 5

lol 2 gm winning streak. Yea I don't like making threads bragging about winning when a team has been playing like ass. I was hoping the Nets would be good, but they aren't yet.

-Smak

Harison
12-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Last few games Nets actually looked very good, with healthy Deron and Lopez back. Problem is they cant stay healthy, Lopez sprained his ankle yesterday, again.

If they can somehow stay healthy, Nets can still get it together, its a new team after all, with a lot of talent. If health is not on the cards - they are screwed anyway.

ChuckOakley
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
lol 2 gm winning streak. Yea I don't like making threads bragging about winning when a team has been playing like ass. I was hoping the Nets would be good, but they aren't yet.

-Smak
3 game technically.
Comfortable wins each of them.. Clipps was actually a blow out until the final 4 minutes then T.Taylor checked in and a 21 point lead got down to 9 at the very end.

This team is good.. when healthy.
They still don't have AK who might be their 3rd/4th most important player.

Flash31
12-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I want the NETS to do good
They were supposed to be a championship contender and seeing them near the bottom of their division and having one of the worst records is dissapointing but

How are going to make a thread with a team that hasn't even won 5 games in a row saying they're catching fire and have lost almost double the games they have won?

They're not even .500 yet.

I want the Nets to succeed an the Knicks to stop playing like crap bc that division is pathetic right now and competition is good rather than it being the

Mia,Ind,maybe Det and scrubs conference.

But,really 2 games is catching fire for a team way under .500,come on man.

ChuckOakley
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I want the NETS to do good
They were supposed to be a championship contender and seeing them near the bottom of their division and having one of the worst records is dissapointing but

How are going to make a thread with a team that hasn't even won 5 games in a row saying they're catching fire and have lost almost double the games they have won?

They're not even .500 yet.

I want the Nets to succeed an the Knicks to stop playing like crap bc that division is pathetic right now and competition is good rather than it being the

Mia,Ind,maybe Det and scrubs conference.

But,really 2 games is catching fire for a team way under .500,come on man.
Nets have been missing 3 of their top 6 players a majority of the season. (Some combo of D.Will, Lopez, PP, AK have consistently been out) Before Tuesday their starters had logged all of 78 minutes together all season.

Now that they are relatively healthy (no AK or Terry) they are showing why people thought they would be good. They pretty much blew out the Clipps (only a 9 point win because Taylor was -12 in the last 4 minutes), handled Boston (coming off a 41 point drubbing of NY) and the Bucks. Prior to that their best games have been against Indy (a close loss as they match up well and swept them last season) and Miami (who they led comfortably until a collapse at the very end, but still hung on).

Assuming they are relatively healthy, I think they are a clear #3 in the East and match up very well with Indy though not as well with Miami despite 3 wins since October.

And despite people thinking they have no assets they have:
Plumlee - Who ESPN had as the #2 rookie last week and has the 2nd best PER of a rookie
Bogdanovic - regarded as the 2nd best international prospect owned by an NBA team beside Mirotic
Teletovic - who was the most asked about Net last season at the deadline
R.Evans - one of the best rebounders in the league signed super cheap

And of course the willingness to take back as much salary as they can in trade.

Did they start as well as people thought?
Nope, but they also didn't think they'd be devastated by injuries from the very beginning or that KG would lose his jumper overnight.

They will still likely get the Atlantic (thus 4 seed) at minimum and wouldn't be surprised if they get the #3 seed all said and done.

niko
12-13-2013, 03:16 PM
The problem to me is i don't think the Nets can stay healthy. Even if healthy, i think the older players will be beat up and ineffective by playoff time. It sounds like the injuries are just flukey so it's ok, why wouldn't Brook be hurt? He's been hurt twice now unless yesterday was nothing. Deron has been hurt a few times. AK47 has back issues.

I don't see all of a sudden everything clearing up enough when it's been three times worse than what we thought it would be. Certainly not enough to beat the Pacers who are getting better and better. Or the Heat.

b1imtf
12-13-2013, 03:17 PM
All you haters and panic masters will be eating crow. I predicted .500 by All-star break but it might not even take that long. Oh sh** now my avatar is no longer relevant.
Look out :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ChuckOakley
12-13-2013, 03:50 PM
The problem to me is i don't think the Nets can stay healthy. Even if healthy, i think the older players will be beat up and ineffective by playoff time. It sounds like the injuries are just flukey so it's ok, why wouldn't Brook be hurt? He's been hurt twice now unless yesterday was nothing. Deron has been hurt a few times. AK47 has back issues.

I don't see all of a sudden everything clearing up enough when it's been three times worse than what we thought it would be. Certainly not enough to beat the Pacers who are getting better and better. Or the Heat.
Less than 10% thought they could to be begin with.
Not sure what's changed.

And no, the Nets can't stay fully healthy.
The key is to stay healthy enough.

niko
12-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Less than 10% thought they could to be begin with.
Not sure what's changed.

And no, the Nets can't stay fully healthy.
The key is to stay healthy enough.
Enough to do what? Before the season people said borderline contender. I said no, because the injuries and age would do them in. Certainly not changing my mind now. I know you are going to say people didn't think they were, no they did. People thought the Nets were a borderline title contender depending how things went. The media certainly did. You didn't, and neither did I, but expectations certainly weren't small.

The narrative seems to be changing to reflect lower expectations and the Nets are moving toward them but when the Nets acquired Garnett, the talk wasn't NOW WE ARE DECENT TO POSSIBLE DIVISION WINNER.

ChuckOakley
12-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Enough to do what? Before the season people said borderline contender. I said no, because the injuries and age would do them in. Certainly not changing my mind now. I know you are going to say people didn't think they were, no they did. People thought the Nets were a borderline title contender depending how things went. The media certainly did. You didn't, and neither did I, but expectations certainly weren't small.

The narrative seems to be changing to reflect lower expectations and the Nets are moving toward them but when the Nets acquired Garnett, the talk wasn't NOW WE ARE DECENT TO POSSIBLE DIVISION WINNER.
Enough to make it long enough to face Indy or Miami and see what happens.
They certainly wouldn't be the favorite but, it would be pretty much the only way to call the season a success on some level.

niko
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Who is the Net fan who negs me three times each time? Just for that i will not make the thread, despite me making and you winning three games in a row. :lol

I should be flattered the person logs in three times every time i guess.

Mr. Jabbar
12-13-2013, 05:03 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/9290/k9v7.jpg

sportjames23
12-13-2013, 07:27 PM
^^^^^^:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was gonna say someone should manip a Hunger Games 2 poster, but this is better. :oldlol: