PDA

View Full Version : Dolan Vetoes Knicks' Deal With Raptors For Kyle Lowry

Xover
12-13-2013, 01:06 PM
The New York Knicks were prepared to trade Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace, plus either Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr. or a 2018 first round pick to the Toronto Raptors for Kyle Lowry, but owner James Dolan has vetoed the deal.

The Raptors preferred a first round pick from the Knicks.

Dolan had previously dealt with Raptors' GM Masai Ujiri on the 2011 deal for Carmelo Anthony when he was with the Denver Nuggets.

“Dolan didn’t want to get fleeced again by Masai,” said a source. “They had a deal ready.”

The Knicks had decided to move forward with the deal on Wednesday evening, but Dolan had second thoughts on Thursday.

“There are two problems,” the source said. “Dolan didn’t like that someone from his group leaked it to the media, and the other problem is the Knicks seem to have too many (people) involved with making decisions.”

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News,,,

niko
12-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm glad you posted this here instead of the existing thread because it's much better to divide the topic in two and clutter the board.

Fudge
12-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Lol that 2 game winning streak really caught up to him eh?

brantonli
12-13-2013, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE]

Xover
12-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm glad you posted this here instead of the existing thread because it's much better to divide the topic in two and clutter the board.

let's be real here.
1. nobody wants to go through an existing 15 page thread of a potential trade when half the board probably didn't expect to see a result as of this minute.
2. the board is full of crap at the moment anyway

kmart
12-13-2013, 01:21 PM
So basically the main reasons why he didn't want to do the deal WEREN'T basketball related?

:oldlol:

niko
12-13-2013, 02:05 PM
let's be real here.
Do you think I even looked before posting this?
Fixed

STATUTORY
12-13-2013, 02:08 PM
So basically the main reasons why he didn't want to do the deal WEREN'T basketball related?

people underestimate the impulsive and irrational streak of Dolan. For him it's never business it's always personal

el gringos
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Good and bad news. Good that this isn't the deal to make for the knocks. Bad that they might not be prepared to find and get the right deal. Those assests should be available- the target should be dragic though

ProfessorMurder
12-13-2013, 03:46 PM

Non-Basketball Reasons.

bagelred
12-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Dolan vetoed the trade, but it can be overridden with a 2/3 majority of Knick executives.

I learned that in elementary school.

DuMa
12-13-2013, 06:17 PM
dolan pls actually worked?

niko
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Dolan vetoed the trade, but it can be overridden with a 2/3 majority of Knick executives.

I learned that in elementary school.
One of our Knick fan brethern thinks Dolan can be overthrown by his board of directors from the company which he owns 51% of. :lol That was a funny thread.

n00bie
12-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Knicks sooo close to getting screwed by Masai again. :applause:

NumberSix
12-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Dolan is such a tard.

Rekindled
12-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Dolan is such a tard.

for doing what is good his team?

that trade was horribly one sided, he saved the knicks from getting screwed by masai

ZenMaster
12-13-2013, 06:59 PM

that trade was horribly one sided, he saved the knicks from getting screwed by masai

He doesn't trust his management and it gets aired out in bad ways. Like this time when management apparently has a deal that Dolan vetoes.
It just sounds so disjointed and like they're not really working together.
Last time it was Donnie Walsh who was negotiation and then Dolan comes in, shuts down negotiation and just goes ahead with the trade.

He probably likes it this way, he gets to make big time management decisions when he wants but doesn't get the daily hassle.

If Dolan was serious about getting someone in charge he would have hired Masai himself.

NumberSix
12-13-2013, 06:59 PM

Unless you're of the belief that Tim Hardaway jr will be a franchise player, I think its time to just blow it up. Get some picks and dump as much of the roster as possible.

Legends66NBA7
12-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Unless you're of the belief that Tim Hardaway jr will be a franchise player, I think its time to just blow it up. Get some picks and dump as much of the roster as possible.

If their blowing it up, might as well keep Hardaway Jr. He's young and could be a solid player for them in the future.

MVBallin2K
12-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Has MWP provided so little that the Kinicks are already ready to cut ties with him in a trade? Legitimately asking since I haven't seen a lot of Knicks games and when I have, he hasn't done much at all.

Kind of makes me sad being a Lakers fan. We have younger plays who have replaced him but he always played hard and loved being a Laker so I wish him to succeed wherever he goes. For as many boneheaded moves as he made, he always tried hard even when others had already quit.