PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming working out with Hasheem Thabeet

gyu
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Old video from 2010 but still nice to see what Yao did in workouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdVQN7xEuI
:applause:

Meticode
12-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Makes me sad because it wasn't like Yao was out of shape or anything. DUde was well built for a 7'6" guy, his feet just couldn't handle his weight.

9erempiree
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I know Thabeet is a scrub but just look how well Yao moves and how fluid he is with that hook shot drill. Thabeet loos awkward but Yao looks fantastic. Quick and sharp.

FKAri
12-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Yao had astronomical body control for someone his size.

Vancouver-Grizz
12-13-2013, 09:01 PM
still remembered how proud of Yao I was when he made Barkley kiss a Donkey's ass because the Round Mound said he couldnt score 20 in a game.

TaLvsCuaL
12-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I miss Yao and T-Mac :(

moe94
12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I love Yao.

gyu
12-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Remember back when everyone said Dwight was better than Yao? Now everyone says Dwight has no offensive moves, is a liability etc. :rolleyes:

Lebron23
12-14-2013, 04:14 AM
I love Yao.

You are Rocketsgreatness.

Wang Zhi Zhi
12-14-2013, 04:47 AM
hasheem is so bad :lol

paperstreet
12-14-2013, 04:55 AM
It's really China's fault. Playing year round in NBA and then playing for China's national team left no time for the body to heal.

It's a shame really.

shallehalle
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
I have a problem, when I see players train with HOFers and "just try to make" moves which are given to them by HOFers.

The point is to put your mind into practicing new moves and thinking it was during a game. Hasheem looks like he just does this to get it over with and go back to his twitter account and tell everyone he was mentored by Yao. You can't skip the necessary steps into developing new skills. You have to put your MIND into your workouts and believe that you will become a much greater player, but looking at the videos where HOFers teach modern NBA players, they just repeat the exercise while not concentrating and imagining doing new moves during a game. It's a mental problem.

redhonda76
12-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Yao is such an incredible specimen. We probably won't see another 7'6 basketball player with that skill, footwork and mobility for a very long time.

Jameerthefear
12-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Yao is such an incredible specimen. We probably won't see another 7'6 basketball player with that skill, footwork and mobility for a very long time.
probably because it's not healthy or good to be that big.

Xsatyr
12-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I have a problem, when I see players train with HOFers and "just try to make" moves which are given to them by HOFers.

The point is to put your mind into practicing new moves and thinking it was during a game. Hasheem looks like he just does this to get it over with and go back to his twitter account and tell everyone he was mentored by Yao. You can't skip the necessary steps into developing new skills. You have to put your MIND into your workouts and believe that you will become a much greater player, but looking at the videos where HOFers teach modern NBA players, they just repeat the exercise while not concentrating and imagining doing new moves during a game. It's a mental problem.

New moves? It's not about learning new moves. It's about learning the fundamentals of the hook shot, fakes, spins, footwork, etc. They have to learn the basics before they can get creative in a game. Most of these guys do one session and do not even practice what they learn afterwards.

D.J.
12-14-2013, 03:30 PM
For someone who's 7'6", Yao has amazing footwork and is extremely coordinated. How many times do we see guys 5-6 inches shorter who struggle to remain vertical trying shit like that?