PDA

View Full Version : Suns Seeking To Trade Draft Picks For Star Player

Xover
12-15-2013, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE]The Phoenix Suns are looking to trade one or more draft picks in the 2014 NBA Draft for a proven star player who can make an immediate impact.

The Suns will have as many as four picks in June's draft and are not placing them off limits in potential trades.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Lakers will give Phoenix Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks and Chris Kaman for Emeka Okafor and one of their 2014 first round picks.

Bosnian Sajo
12-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Considering the Suns already have a pretty good record and a proven star would put them over that hump, what team would trade said star for a pick that will probably not be a lottery pick?

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Seeing how all the picks the Suns have are highly protected, I'd have to assume a team would likely be trading a star whose contract they are already trying to dump or an expirer who's sure to leave in free agency.

It's a very short list when you apply that to their other criteria. Not sure what bottom feeder actually has a young star worth trading for late first rounders.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers for;

Alex Len, Okafor, and a first round pick...

blackification
12-15-2013, 01:20 AM

Why would we trade for two more guards when we already have bledsoe and dragic who are both better than those players?

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Why would we trade for two more guards when we already have bledsoe and dragic who are both better than those players?

Because I was joking,

But the more I look at it, the more it's actually not that bad...Ish Smith and Goodwin are getting like 20 minutes combined a game. And green is playing 27 minutes.

Seems like you could actually carve out like 25 minutes a game in which you'd want Gordon out there.

But I was just messing around...I watch a lot of Pelicans games and just want Gordon gone.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 01:38 AM
To suns fans...how would Luol Deng fit in on this team?

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2013, 02:10 AM
I can't really think of any readily available options, though Eric Gordon does make some sense, but Ryan McDonough's doing a helluva job. Suns got a good one.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:14 AM
I can't really think of any readily available options, though Eric Gordon does make some sense, but Ryan McDonough's doing a helluva job. Suns got a good one.

Danny Granger?

If I was the Pacers...I'd be on the phone looking to get anything I could for Granger.

Suns sending Okafor (expiring contract) and a pick would be great.

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 02:18 AM
To suns fans...how would Luol Deng fit in on this team?

Doubt Suns trade a draft pick for him, they can just offer him a contract at years end. Sounds like they want someone under contract for a couple years.

Gordon would make plenty sense a year ago but now the Suns have turned a weakness into strength at the guard position. What they need is a big. Dare I say, Greg Monroe?

Think he's a free agent this summer too though.

longtime lurker
12-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Kevin Love.

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Danny Granger?

If I was the Pacers...I'd be on the phone looking to get anything I could for Granger.

Suns sending Okafor (expiring contract) and a pick would be great.Yeah I'd take that, but that makes no sense for Phoenix. Granger's expiring, and they could keep him if they wanted, but the dude's 30, turns 31 this year, and not like the Suns are going to be contending in the next 3 or so years (probably). That's a tread water move, McDonough's way smarter than that. He's not about to give up picks in a great draft for a 30+ dude that has a degenerative knee condition. Though PHX does have those healing hands trainers...

Eric Gordon could make some sense, I could see like Okafor + Rivers + 1st for him.

Anyway, Pacers really can't afford to trade Granger. Literally afford. We're not going into the tax and Granger's money's going to PG's extension and we need to re-sign Stephenson. So if Granger got moved it'd have to be for a HUGE expirer. Which is basically the same situation PHX has with Okafor except we actually have some interest in getting Granger healthy and knocking down a bunch of 3s off the bench, PHX probably doesn't give a shit about Okafor ever playing again.

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Danny Granger?

Suns sending Okafor (expiring contract) and a pick would be great.

I thought that too, but Pacers should A) see if Granger can serve as a supersub for their bench, and B) if they do deal Granger, it's gotta be for a point guard. I definitely see Hill losing the Pacers games against a presumed postseason showdown with Miami. Guy has some sus handles, full court press exposes him too easily. A la last year.

Maybe a three way deal? Picks to Toronto, Granger to Suns, Lowry to Pacers.

Though, Granger doesn't exactly fit the Suns' '20 something year old star" description.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Doubt Suns trade a draft pick for him, they can just offer him a contract at years end. Sounds like they want someone under contract for a couple years.

Gordon would make plenty sense a year ago but now the Suns have turned a weakness into strength at the guard position. What they need is a big. Dare I say, Greg Monroe?

I took part of this as them wanting to for sure make the playoffs. They could easily miss the playoffs with this roster.

I'm with you, I wouldn't do anything...I'd see this thing play out and almost hope I missed the playoffs for yet another solid pick...and a ton of cap space this summer.

The only have like 30 million on the books before the pay Bledsoe.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Yeah I'd take that, but that makes no sense for Phoenix. Granger's expiring, and they could keep him if they wanted, but the dude's 30, turns 31 this year, and not like the Suns are going to be contending in the next 3 or so years (probably). That's a tread water move, McDonough's way smarter than that. He's not about to give up picks in a great draft for a 30+ dude that has a degenerative knee condition. Though PHX does have those healing hands trainers...

Eric Gordon could make some sense, I could see like Okafor + Rivers + 1st for him.

Anyway, Pacers really can't afford to trade Granger. Literally afford. We're not going into the tax and Granger's money's going to PG's extension and we need to re-sign Stephenson. So if Granger got moved it'd have to be for a HUGE expirer. Which is basically the same situation PHX has with Okafor except we actually have some interest in getting Granger healthy and knocking down a bunch of 3s off the bench, PHX probably doesn't give a shit about Okafor ever playing again.

I know...that is why I said Okafor and a first round pick for Granger. Granger is gone anyway, and I personally would not risk throwing him out there...this Pacers team just has too much chemistry to let a guy like Granger into the "kitchen" so to speak.

So if I could get a first round pick and a player to match his expiring salary...I'd pull the trigger I think.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 02:29 AM

Steve Nash back to Phoenix. He's under contract for the rest of this season and the next season.

All it would take is Okafor, they can keep their picks.

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 02:32 AM
I took part of this as them wanting to for sure make the playoffs. They could easily miss the playoffs with this roster.

I'm with you, I wouldn't do anything...I'd see this thing play out and almost hope I missed the playoffs for yet another solid pick...and a ton of cap space this summer.

The only have like 30 million on the books before the pay Bledsoe.

Yeah, what's their rush to make the post-season? Lottery pick in this year's draft > revenue from making the first round and getting bounced in 5 games.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah, what's their rush to make the post-season? Lottery pick in this year's draft > revenue from making the first round and getting bounced in 5 games.

I agree.

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2013, 02:33 AM
I know...that is why I said Okafor and a first round pick for Granger. Granger is gone anyway, and I personally would not risk throwing him out there...this Pacers team just has too much chemistry to let a guy like Granger into the "kitchen" so to speak.

So if I could get a first round pick and a player to match his expiring salary...I'd pull the trigger I think.Oh I have zero doubts Indy'd jump on that offer, I just can't see PHX offering it.

But the chemistry thing's overblown I think. Danny's been here forever obviously, and we've sucked the majority of the time, he's ready to win. Granger's coming off the bench, that's apparent to him and everyone else. We REALLY lack consistent deep shooting of the bench (because we won't experiment with Copeland), that'll be his role. It'll be iffy for a bit working out the kinks, spacing and sets and rotation and whatnot, but having a legit scorer (which is hopefully what Granger can still do, we'll see obviously) as a supersub would be huge. If Danny can come back and put up an efficient 12-15 in 24ish mpg I'll truly believe we're the favorites to win it.

I think we CAN win it right now, but if Danny can be anywhere close to what he used to be I think we're the best team in the league.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Oh I have zero doubts Indy'd jump on that offer, I just can't see PHX offering it.

But the chemistry thing's overblown I think. Danny's been here forever obviously, and we've sucked the majority of the time, he's ready to win. Granger's coming off the bench, that's apparent to him and everyone else. We REALLY lack consistent deep shooting of the bench (because we won't experiment with Copeland), that'll be his role. It'll be iffy for a bit working out the kinks, spacing and sets and rotation and whatnot, but having a legit scorer (which is hopefully what Granger can still do, we'll see obviously) as a supersub would be huge. If Danny can come back and put up an efficient 12-15 in 24ish mpg I'll truly believe we're the favorites to win it.

I think we CAN win it right now, but if Danny can be anywhere close to what he used to be I think we're the best team in the league.

Yea...if it works...he definitely helps. I just don't like him much...and I'd worry about him trying to make a statement in a playoff game. He's in the last year of his contract and you'd have to think getting paid would be on his mind. I could totally see him trying to one up Lebron at some point in the ECF to prove something. Maybe I'm too worried about it, but I've seen how stuff like that can snowball.

I know you can always pull him, but I think I'd say it's just not worth the risk and I'd rather just roll with what you have...and maybe add a shooter another way.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Oh I have zero doubts Indy'd jump on that offer, I just can't see PHX offering it.

Lakers will give you Steve Nash and Jodie Meeks for Danny Granger. Nash is currently injured but will eventually make his way back. Pacers need a dependable backup PG, one that will bring leadership and experience to their pretty bad 2nd unit. Nash can turn Copeland into the somebody that he was with the Knicks.

Meeks will probably be your best 3pt shooter..

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Lakers will give you Steve Nash and Jodie Meeks for Danny Granger.

They can't take on the Nash salary because he doesn't expire after this year. Gasol does though...

But would the Laker do Gasol/Meeks for Granger/Copeland? I think the salaries would work...

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 02:44 AM
They can't take on the Nash salary because he doesn't expire after this year. Gasol does though...

But would the Laker do Gasol/Meeks for Granger/Copeland? I think the salaries would work...

Nash's salary isn't as bad as it looks. If I'm not mistaken, the Pacers could use the stretch provision on him next season and they'd only have to pay 3 mill of his salary for him to not play if they really wanted to keep Stephenson.

Lakers just looking to trade away Nash, they'res too many PGs on this team. Blake has been solid and Farmar is emerging..no longer need Nash.

To answer your other question, I doubt the Lakers move Gasol unless its for draft picks. An expirer for another expirer is not much of a move to make when their production is about the same.

blackification
12-15-2013, 02:44 AM
McD has pretty much said he was stacking assets to make sure he would have them in case there was a disgruntled star even when the suns were projected to be the worst team in the west and before the Gortat trade. I think this quote is taken out of context sometimes because of how well they are doing now. I think he is just saying that before they wouldn't be willing to give up picks because he probably figured they would get a top 5 pick but with this start a mid range pick isn't as useful when he can get someone young and proven who will help sooner. He already has projects to deal with in Goodwin and Len.

Suns will probably go hard for Hayward. Love if he is available at the end of the year and i dont know about monroe but its possible. maybe barnes from gs if he is available. I don't think they would go for Derozan and I honestly don't think he would be worth the money he is getting.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Nash's salary isn't as bad as it looks. If I'm not mistaken, the Pacers could use the stretch provision on him next season and they'd only have to pay 3 mill of his salary for him to not play if they really wanted to keep Stephenson.

Lakers just looking to trade away Nash, they'res too many PGs on this team. Blake has been solid and Farmar is emerging..no longer need Nash.

To answer your other question, I doubt the Lakers move Gasol unless its for draft picks. An expirer for another expirer is not much of a move to make when their production is about the same.

It's just the multi year nature of it. And Nash doesn't fit in or help them at all in my opinion.

CJ Watson is under-rated here. He's very good defensively and I think is exactly what they need out of the backup pg. The Pacers are going to beat you with their size, defense, and Paul George being a superstar.

Gasol and Meeks actually improve them...

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Yea...if it works...he definitely helps. I just don't like him much...and I'd worry about him trying to make a statement in a playoff game. He's in the last year of his contract and you'd have to think getting paid would be on his mind. I could totally see him trying to one up Lebron at some point in the ECF to prove something. Maybe I'm too worried about it, but I've seen how stuff like that can snowball.

I know you can always pull him, but I think I'd say it's just not worth the risk and I'd rather just roll with what you have...and maybe add a shooter another way.

Man, if Granger pulls that shit in the postseason....:mad:

He has the opportunity to be a real X-factor, the pendulum could swing in either direction depending on his willingness to subdue his ego and adapt. If the Pacers can combat Miami's trio of Allen/Beasley/Cole with effectiveness from Granger/Scola/Watson, then I'd really like the Pacers chances.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Man, if Granger pulls that shit in the postseason....:mad:

He has the opportunity to be a real X-factor, the pendulum could swing in either direction depending on his willingness to subdue his ego and adapt. If the Pacers can combat Miami's trio of Allen/Beasley/Cole with effectiveness from Granger/Scola/Watson, then I'd really like the Pacers chances.

I already really like their chances.

We'll see...I hope I'm wrong about it. I just wouldn't risk it with him.

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 02:55 AM
McD has pretty much said he was stacking assets to make sure he would have them in case there was a disgruntled star even when the suns were projected to be the worst team in the west and before the Gortat trade. I think this quote is taken out of context sometimes because of how well they are doing now. I think he is just saying that before they wouldn't be willing to give up picks because he probably figured they would get a top 5 pick but with this start a mid range pick isn't as useful when he can get someone young and proven who will help sooner. He already has projects to deal with in Goodwin and Len.

Suns will probably go hard for Hayward. Love if he is available at the end of the year and i dont know about monroe but its possible. maybe barnes from gs if he is available. I don't think they would go for Derozan and I honestly don't think he would be worth the money he is getting.

It's going to take much, much more than mid round picks and the players the Suns have on their roster (assuming they wouldn't be willing to part with Dragic or Bledsoe) to get Love. Why would the Warriors trade Barnes?

The rest of your post I agree with though

blackification
12-15-2013, 03:07 AM
It's going to take much, much more than mid round picks and the players the Suns have on their roster (assuming they wouldn't be willing to part with Dragic or Bledsoe) to get Love. Why would the Warriors trade Barnes?

The rest of your post I agree with though
I was just listing types of players they would be interested and with the comments Love has made in regards to Minnesota I don't think they would be in the best possible trading position but i do agree mid round picks arent enough

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Nash's salary isn't as bad as it looks. If I'm not mistaken, the Pacers could use the stretch provision on him next season and they'd only have to pay 3 mill of his salary for him to not play if they really wanted to keep Stephenson.We could stretch him, sure, but right now we're looking at ~8 mil to keep Stephenson. Chop of 3 mil and Lance is gone, and no one would be able to blame him.

Not to mention Nash just isn't very good now. Our defense is otherwordly but George Hill/CJ Watson being downgraded to Steve Nash is a MASSIVE downgrade. Can't overstate the downgrade enough. Nash wouldn't work here, there aren't many place he would, he simply isn't a net positive anymore. Laker fans gotta give up getting anything for Nash, he's a bad contract now with a name attached, that's it.

Rameek
12-15-2013, 03:24 AM
I would give up Melo Shump Felton JR for Dragic Omeka Green Frye and a couple of picks.

I would do something like that :rockon:

kmart
12-15-2013, 03:28 AM
Demar Derozan!

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 03:33 AM
We could stretch him, sure, but right now we're looking at ~8 mil to keep Stephenson. Chop of 3 mil and Lance is gone, and no one would be able to blame him.

Not to mention Nash just isn't very good now. Our defense is otherwordly but George Hill/CJ Watson being downgraded to Steve Nash is a MASSIVE downgrade. Can't overstate the downgrade enough. Nash wouldn't work here, there aren't many place he would, he simply isn't a net positive anymore. Laker fans gotta give up getting anything for Nash, he's a bad contract now with a name attached, that's it.

Spot on. Nash is probably one of the most unwanted players/contracts in the NBA. Which is ironic, because so is his former teammate Amare.

Rameek
12-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Shit give the Knicks 4 picks... for that offer.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 03:45 AM
We could stretch him, sure, but right now we're looking at ~8 mil to keep Stephenson. Chop of 3 mil and Lance is gone, and no one would be able to blame him.

I don't think defense in the 2nd unit is as important as offense. If guys can defend but can't score they'll still likely lose the lead that the starters created because the other bench is outproducing them. From watching the Pacers games this season, that's what I'm seeing. Their bench is a huge drop off from their starting unit and probably one of the worst in the league production wise. This is the biggest question mark for the Pacers to me.

And Scola is nothing to boast about defensively. Watson is a good ball defender sure, but he's not a great 3pt shooter and neither is Johnson who plays alongside him. With Nash and Meeks you get two of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA and while they may not be as good defensively, I guarantee you they'll give the same amount of effort from watching them play. Meeks has been playing out of his mind this year, because he's in a contract year. He's not just a spot up shooter like everyone thought.

Nash/Meeks/Copeland/Scola/Mahinmi is basically Nash/Dudley/Richardson/Frye/Gortat - Phoenix's starting lineup two seasons ago that won them what 40 games in the West? Nash makes something out of nothing, he creates easy baskets no matter who's on the court and he still does. His only problem this year is injuries. Same thing Danny Granger is going through.

And if you're still not sold on Nash, just remember he's a good locker room guy, probably the best in the league. He brings it on the court, I remember this guy playing with a bloody nose to will his team to victory in a playoffs against the Spurs. He's as professional as they come and at 9 mill this season and as little as 3 mill next season, I don't see how he's a bad contract.

DStebb716
12-15-2013, 03:51 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind sending Melo there. I don't think any of their picks would really be worth much, but if you could send them Melo and get them to take on JR and/or Stoudemire's contracts then it'd be a good move.

DStebb716
12-15-2013, 04:11 AM
This would be way too ballsy for the NBA, but this could be something crazy:

Phoenix gets: Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, Gerald Wallace.

Boston gets: Amare Stoudemire, 2014 second rounder from Phoenix.

New York gets: Emeka Okafor, Kris Humphries, Goran Dragic, Channing Frye, Marshon Brooks, Ish Smith, Phoenix first round pick (unprotected), the Lakers 2015 first rounder (top 5 protected) (from Phoenix), 2014 second round from Phoenix (they have a bunch, just get one).

This would be contingent on Melo signing an extension. If New York could pull this off then it would be up to them to use Shumpert to sell off JR Smith's bad contract and one other two year deal they just acquired. Then they'd have money to spend this offseason and picks to build on.

OmniStrife
12-15-2013, 04:20 AM
:roll:

@ desperate Lakers & Knicks fans itt...
trying to get rid of their crap.

bdreason
12-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Maybe Bulls would be willing to move Boozer?

Maybe Philly would move a guy like Young?

Trentknicks
12-15-2013, 04:50 AM

Title of thread said star player.

poido123
12-15-2013, 04:54 AM

We are always willing to move Boozer :oldlol:

GASOL IS GOAT
12-15-2013, 05:17 AM
They could possibly get Rondo but they already have dragic and Bledsoe. Granger is always a possibility. They should try to make a move for Deng or Noah.

I don't think they should pursue Melo either. Besides being toxic Melo would probably not resign with them anyways.

DStebb716
12-15-2013, 05:27 AM

:roll: :roll: Desperate Suns trying to get a "star" with mediocre draft picks.

OmniStrife
12-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Let's compare our draft picks to yours then...

Oh wait...

BlackWhiteGreen
12-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Jeff Green for Phoenix's pick and Washington's pick

blackification
12-15-2013, 07:17 AM
desperate is trying to trading half your team for kyle lowry after trading all your picks for bargnani, desperate is signing amare for a max contract with no knee insurance and then trading half your team for melo

livingby3's
12-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I'll go far to say I won't even trade Dragic for Melo straight up. Not saying Dragic is better. But still

Sakkreth
12-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Lowry is a star player right ? Right ? :(

Ye i know this ain't happening they have Dragic aswell...

RIP CITY
12-15-2013, 08:12 AM
If I'm not mistaken all of those Picks are Lottery protected, you're probably not going to get a legitimate star for those Picks.

They can have Josh Smith for Emeka Okafor and 1 of those Picks, honestly they can have him for just Okafor but a Pick would be nice.

poido123
12-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Please take Deng suns.

We don't want much back, just need to force Thibs hand and handicap him with a poor roster for tanking purposes.

jcyrus10
12-15-2013, 08:53 AM

We'd give Eric Gordon for a first round pick :cheers:

kells333
12-15-2013, 09:06 AM
They should try for josh smith or greg monroe.

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 09:25 AM
their backcourt is set, they need a power player up front who can force the action

poido123
12-15-2013, 09:27 AM
They should try for josh smith or greg monroe.

Good thinking.

Monroe would be the better option. Never liked Smith's game....

alenleomessi
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
why are you guys offering derozan and gordon when you know they are loaded in the backourt..

i say deng could be a reasonable trade

poido123
12-15-2013, 09:34 AM
why are you guys offering derozan and gordon when you know they are loaded in the backourt..

i say deng could be a reasonable trade

For the right price, I think a deal could get done there...

Bulls management must be thinking about trades now, perhaps to even blow it up.

Walker
12-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Monroe is the guy I'd expected to be pushing for, is an RFA after the season so no worries about him walking.
Getting salaries to work would be an issue but other than that it'd work out pretty well for both teams(No Smith at SF :hammerhead: ).

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't think defense in the 2nd unit is as important as offense. If guys can defend but can't score they'll still likely lose the lead that the starters created because the other bench is outproducing them. From watching the Pacers games this season, that's what I'm seeing. Their bench is a huge drop off from their starting unit and probably one of the worst in the league production wise. This is the biggest question mark for the Pacers to me.

And Scola is nothing to boast about defensively. Watson is a good ball defender sure, but he's not a great 3pt shooter and neither is Johnson who plays alongside him. With Nash and Meeks you get two of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA and while they may not be as good defensively, I guarantee you they'll give the same amount of effort from watching them play. Meeks has been playing out of his mind this year, because he's in a contract year. He's not just a spot up shooter like everyone thought.

Nash/Meeks/Copeland/Scola/Mahinmi is basically Nash/Dudley/Richardson/Frye/Gortat - Phoenix's starting lineup two seasons ago that won them what 40 games in the West? Nash makes something out of nothing, he creates easy baskets no matter who's on the court and he still does. His only problem this year is injuries. Same thing Danny Granger is going through.

And if you're still not sold on Nash, just remember he's a good locker room guy, probably the best in the league. He brings it on the court, I remember this guy playing with a bloody nose to will his team to victory in a playoffs against the Spurs. He's as professional as they come and at 9 mill this season and as little as 3 mill next season, I don't see how he's a bad contract.

Spare me. I remember Paul Pierce's fat ass busting out Granger's two front teeth 4 years ago or whatever it was. Granger's tough as nails.

I also don't want him seeing more than 20 or so minutes a night ever again. And he's NINE YEARS YOUNGER THAN NASH with far less miles. Nash is a shit contract and a negative player now dude, same as I was trying to tell people in the preseason. Steve Nash makes us worse, significantly so, on the floor and financially even more so.

OmniStrife
12-15-2013, 11:33 AM
I like Monroe...
Also hell no for Melo, I like team ball.

DMAVS41
12-15-2013, 11:53 AM
We'd give Eric Gordon for a first round pick :cheers:

Oh I know...I really like the Pelicans so I was just thinking of any scenario to shed Gordon and not take back a long term deal and get better in the process.

That deal definitely does it.

I said it joking at first, but honestly...it's not bad. There would be at least 25 minutes a game that Gordon would be needed already...and that is with Green playing 27 minutes.

Gordon might be able to play 30 minutes a game and not disrupt the guard play too much. But I wouldn't do that if I was the Suns.

Spaulding
12-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Poor Rondo.

kshutts1
12-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Deng and Boozer for Okafor, Frye, Dragic and a first.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague (obviously Rose not playing this RS)
Dragic/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
Frye/Gibson
Noah/Okafor

Lineup finally has multiple players that can create, good floor spacing, a big that can hit shots...

For the Suns (not familiar with their entire lineup)...
Bledsoe/Smith
Green/Goodwin
Deng/Tucker/Morris/Morris/Morris
Boozer/Morris/Morris/Morris/Morris
Len/Plumlee

Full-on youth movement, sans the Bulls players. Bledsoe/Green is an explosive backcourt that works well together. Deng is a glue guy. Boozer can score and board up front, and gives the Morris twins more PT, as well as Len and Plumlee.
Also, Deng is a "character guy", whatever that means, and it wouldn't shock me if he resigned to a team where he fit so well.

QuebecBaller
12-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Deng and Boozer for Okafor, Frye, Dragic and a first.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague (obviously Rose not playing this RS)
Dragic/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy
Frye/Gibson
Noah/Okafor

Lineup finally has multiple players that can create, good floor spacing, a big that can hit shots...

For the Suns (not familiar with their entire lineup)...
Bledsoe/Smith
Green/Goodwin
Deng/Tucker/Morris/Morris/Morris
Boozer/Morris/Morris/Morris/Morris
Len/Plumlee

Full-on youth movement, sans the Bulls players. Bledsoe/Green is an explosive backcourt that works well together. Deng is a glue guy. Boozer can score and board up front, and gives the Morris twins more PT, as well as Len and Plumlee.
Also, Deng is a "character guy", whatever that means, and it wouldn't shock me if he resigned to a team where he fit so well.

Read the title again...
Suns Seeking To Trade Draft Picks For Star Player

Boozer and Deng are not star players

KyrieTheFuture
12-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Chris bosh for 2 first rounders

GreatHILL
12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
the Suns Offered Gordon Max, Gordon Said To Nola Not To Match But They Did It, The Suns Dont Want To Deal With Nola Anymore!!!

the suns backcourt is one of the best right now, they dont need gordon.

CelticBaller
12-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Poor Rondo.
yay celtics

GreatHILL
12-15-2013, 02:11 PM
yay celtics

Celtic Fan how u like the suns new GM? :)

wally_world
12-15-2013, 02:41 PM
I thought we should've jumped on Rudy Gay when his value was low, maybe Frye + Okafor.

Is Atlanta considering trading Horford? If Detroit is regretting that JSmoove signing, we'll take him too.

magictricked
12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
What do the Suns Draft picks look like for the next couple years?

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Louis Williams to the Suns for a 2nd round pick.
Contract is reasonable, he can be a good addition off the bench.

Gives the Hawks another 5 million in cap space, clears out minutes for John Jenkins. We should have about 20 million in cap space next summer.

EricGordon23
12-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Alright two 1 rounders and emeka okafor for Josh smith

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Steve Nash is crap? Some Suns fan you are. :biggums:

wagexslave
12-16-2013, 02:47 AM
Steve Nash is crap? Some Suns fan you are. :biggums:
Current Steve Nash = Crap... sad to say but true

That doesn't mean I don't love the dude and miss the days of watching him in his prime. But unfortunately those times are over. He's done. Should just retire. His back isn't going to miraculously get better(trust me, I know... I have almost the same back issues as him). It's end of the road for MV Steve. He had a great, long career but all things have to come to an end. He can't play forever. Dude's almost 40 what do you expect...

There's a reason the Suns let Steve go. It was time to move in a younger, healthier direction. There is no point in going back on that now.

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 02:51 AM
They should try get Greg Monroe and lock him up to a 4/5 year deal he's on a small contract so he's easy to trade for and throw in some picks.

C: Plum Dog
PF: Moose
SF: Tucker/Morris
SG: Bledsoe
PG: Dragic

Plum Dog makes up for Greg's at times shaky D, and Greg gives the Suns a legit inside option and you can easily pair him with anyone from Fyre to the Morris twins since he's big enough to slide to C. He's a great passer and unselfish and seems like a really good teammate.

Maybe offer Len and a draft pick for him I don't know

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Al Horford for a late lottery to mid first rounder.

Hawks need to just tank

Walker
12-16-2013, 12:32 PM
What do the Suns Draft picks look like for the next couple years?
Weirdly enough way too many first round picks, hence why they're trying to trade some.

4 firsts this year.
2 firsts next year.
2 more the year after.

hawkfan
12-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Al Horford for a late lottery to mid first rounder.

Hawks need to just tank

Wrong.
The Hawks have the right to exchange our draft pick with the Nets for 2014 and 2015.
The Hawks will have enough cap space next summer to sign a max level player and create even more space by moving out one of the smaller contracts.
Also we will have our first round pick coming over from Europe, Luis Nogueira.

So next year we could add both Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Wiggins, plus Nogueira.

avonbarksdale
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
take melo, hes gonna leave anyway

DStebb716
12-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Wrong.
The Hawks have the right to exchange our draft pick with the Nets for 2014 and 2015.
The Hawks will have enough cap space next summer to sign a max level player and create even more space by moving out one of the smaller contracts.

So next year we could add both Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Wiggins, plus Nogueira.

Adding Wiggins and Melo together wouldn't make much sense. But I do agree that the Hawks are in a strong position. If the Nets continue to suck, they could end up with a 2014 lineup of:

Teague, a vet, Melo , Randle, Horford with some solid bench help.

If Melo and Lala are open to going to a city that isn't huge like NYC and doesn't have the greatest fan support then Atlanta definitely becomes a major threat. As well as Phoenix if they have the cap space.

hawkfan
12-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Adding Wiggins and Melo together wouldn't make much sense. But I do agree that the Hawks are in a strong position. If the Nets continue to suck, they could end up with a 2014 lineup of:

Teague, a vet, Melo , Randle, Horford with some solid bench help.

If Melo and Lala are open to going to a city that isn't huge like NYC and doesn't have the greatest fan support then Atlanta definitely becomes a major threat. As well as Phoenix if they have the cap space.

Melo isn't really realistic, but the Hawks could target Luol Deng and have money to spend on him.

Teague-Korver-Deng-Millsap-Horford, with first round pick, Nogueira, Jenkins, Schroeder, Williams, Antic, Ayon off the bench.

highwhey
12-16-2013, 05:26 PM
They should try get Greg Monroe and lock him up to a 4/5 year deal he's on a small contract so he's easy to trade for and throw in some picks.

C: Plum Dog
PF: Moose
SF: Tucker/Morris
SG: Bledsoe
PG: Dragic

Plum Dog makes up for Greg's at times shaky D, and Greg gives the Suns a legit inside option and you can easily pair him with anyone from Fyre to the Morris twins since he's big enough to slide to C. He's a great passer and unselfish and seems like a really good teammate.

Maybe offer Len and a draft pick for him I don't know
I really like this idea. Monroe would give us that inside scoring and his passing ability is definitely a plus...would be a real beauty to see him and plum work the post. Having a passing big man with a respectable back to the basket game would give us new ways to score

DMAVS41
12-16-2013, 05:39 PM
I really like this idea. Monroe would give us that inside scoring and his passing ability is definitely a plus...would be a real beauty to see him and plum work the post. Having a passing big man with a respectable back to the basket game would give us new ways to score

monroe would be great, but damn...I've been holding out hope that he is who the Mavs get this offseason.

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Wrong.

only problem is that no one wants to play for the hawks. hawks management has to give a Kobe type All Star max contract plus a free lifetime membership to every Atlanta strip club just for a max level player to even consider signing with the hawks.

hawkfan
12-16-2013, 06:33 PM
only problem is that no one wants to play for the hawks. hawks management has to give a Kobe type All Star max contract plus a free lifetime membership to every Atlanta strip club just for a max level player to even consider signing with the hawks.

That's not true that players don't want to play for Atlanta.

The Hawks got Joe Johnson to come to Atlanta and he re-upped.
The Hawks traded for Mike Bibby and he re-upped.
The Hawks got Paul Millsap to come to Atlanta.
The Hawks got Louis Williams to come to Atlanta.
The Hawks got Kyle Korver to re-up.

Andrew Bynum made a mistake signing in Cleveland instead of Atlanta. He would have put the Hawk in the top 3 teams in the East, versus playing in Cleveland and strugging to get in the playoffs.

Ferry made sure the Hawks didn't overspend this summer, so next year we will have a lot of cap space and even more if a few pieces get moved.