PDA

View Full Version : Lakers/Knicks talking trade- Pau/Chandler/Shumpert talked about

All Net
12-15-2013, 06:39 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers recently reached out to the New York Knicks to express interest in Iman Shumpert and have interest in Tyson Chandler as well, according to sources.

The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called the Knicks, but they are reportedly weighing whether to propose a Pau-Gasol-for-Chandler deal. No trade is imminent.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10140246/los-angeles-lakers-contact-new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/multiple-sources.gif

ripthekik
12-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Pau Gasol and Bargnani, that interior D :lol

can't forget Amare in there as well
http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AmareDefense.jpg

Clutch
12-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm the first one to say that Tyson is overpaid and overrated but come on,Knicks shouldn't do that deal.
PAU IS DONE.
Also we already have Bargnani and Amare for scoring,we need someone who can defend as well.

BlazerRed
12-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Imagine the Knicks defense without Shump and Chandler :lol

All Net
12-15-2013, 06:53 AM
sounds like a possible salary dump to me.

Clutch
12-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Imagine the Knicks defense without Shump and Chandler :lol
Let's go super big.

Felton
Carmelo
Bargnani
Amare
Pau

Dat defense :bowdown:

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 07:06 AM
2 years ago, maybe i wud have considered it....

i guess the word is out that its easy pickings with dolan and company

BlazerRed
12-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Let's go super big.

Felton
Carmelo
Bargnani
Amare
Pau

Dat defense :bowdown:

Oh god that list :hammerhead:

coin24
12-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Get it done Mitch :cheers:

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Bad trade for both teams, it weakens the Knicks defensively more than it helps them offensively, and disrupts the Lakers' plan for cap alleviation for a 2014/2015 free agency campaign.

Only perspective that would be worthwhile is the angle of immediate salary dump for the Knicks. But, aside from Melo, there is no significant free agents IMO that would instantly transform the Knicks from a very poor team to a contender. They'd suck even more than they do now with that trade.

Trentknicks
12-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Bad trade for both teams, it weakens the Knicks defensively more than it helps them offensively, and disrupts the Lakers' plan for cap alleviation for a 2014/2015 free agency campaign.

Only perspective that would be worthwhile is the angle of immediate salary dump for the Knicks. But, aside from Melo, there is no significant free agents IMO that would instantly transform the Knicks from a very poor team to a contender. They'd suck even more than they do now with that trade.
Would still have too much salary in between Melo/Bargnani/STAT to make any significant moves anyway. See no reason for such a trade.

Scholar
12-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Iman Shumpert would be very welcomed in LA, but I don't like the idea of getting Chandler, too. Dude is overpaid as f*ck.
I see no value in this trade, but if it happens, the season can't get any worse...

Can it? :lebroncry:

All Net
12-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Iman Shumpert would be very welcomed in LA, but I don't like the idea of getting Chandler, too. Dude is overpaid as f*ck.
I see no value in this trade, but if it happens, the season can't get any worse...

Can it? :lebroncry:

depends on if we are in win now mode or not.

R.I.P.
12-15-2013, 09:27 AM
I hear Chandler doesn

poido123
12-15-2013, 09:33 AM

Hmm. Lakers adding two excellent defenders, but it would place a big offensive load on Kobe. They would be excellent on defense, but they would kind of resemble a Bulls team surrounding Rose...

Perhaps Jordan Hill could fill that role? I would think they would need another scoring threat at PF

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 09:35 AM
very very bad trade for tha knicks, makes no type of sense:facepalm

R.I.P.
12-15-2013, 09:44 AM
If the Knicks really trade Chandler, Smith and Shumpert that is a (not so) subtle way to tell Melo to get the f*ck out. What possible reason could Melo have to stay? Who plays defense on the Knicks?

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 09:55 AM
they shud go throw all their draft picks at boston

fiddy
12-15-2013, 10:29 AM
If this trade happens bye bye free agents 2014.

HylianNightmare
12-15-2013, 10:48 AM
no way the knicks do this

Rameek
12-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I have no problem taking Pau on the Knicks for Tyson Shump. But truth be told its better to package Tyson JR and Stat Shump. Gotta dump garbage with upside.

Bootard

:facepalm

bagelred
12-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Good lord...Knicks would NEVER do Chandler for Gasol.

There's nothing here....just an "inquiry" which GMs do all the time....not a story.

niko
12-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Lakers weighing whether to offer the knicks a trade they will not accept. Riveting.

Horde of Temujin
12-15-2013, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I hear Chandler doesn

Horde of Temujin
12-15-2013, 12:20 PM
very very bad trade for tha knicks, makes no type of sense:facepalm

We're talking about the knicks. That's exactly why it makes sense.

Nash
12-15-2013, 01:04 PM
gasol for amare. Maybe D'Antoni could get him back to playing good basketball again.

Real Men Wear Green
12-15-2013, 01:07 PM
It would only make sense for the Knicks if they're rebuilding, which means the Melo era is close to over. I don't think it happens. Also is Tyson Chandler D'Antoni's kind of big? He doesn't value D and couldn't use Dwight Howard, doesn't seem to value Gasol much. Chandler to him is just clogging the paint I bet.

gts
12-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Stopped reading at "By Chris Broussard"

longtime lurker
12-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Stopped reading at "By Chris Broussard"

Lol this. Although this would be an awesome trade for the Lakers I don't see why the Knicks do it. Maybe do a 3 team trade with Raps, Knicks and Lakers? :confusedshrug:

niko
12-15-2013, 01:21 PM
It would only make sense for the Knicks if they're rebuilding, which means the Melo era is close to over. I don't think it happens. Also is Tyson Chandler D'Antoni's kind of big? He doesn't value D and couldn't use Dwight Howard, doesn't seem to value Gasol much. Chandler to him is just clogging the paint I bet.
It doesn't even make sense if rebuilding as it leaves us no asset once Gasol is gone. It gives away a player we need, gets a player we don't, pisses off melo, leave us with no picks or young player.

It's Laker wish fulfillment.

The Knicks aren't trading for a player they don't want. We have two PF honestly playing just fine (Amare & Bargs). We have no center. So we trade our center for another PF. Huh?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-15-2013, 01:26 PM
It doesn't even make sense if rebuilding as it leaves us no asset once Gasol is gone. It gives away a player we need, gets a player we don't, pisses off melo, leave us with no picks or young player.

It's Laker wish fulfillment.

The Knicks aren't trading for a player they don't want. We have two PF honestly playing just fine (Amare & Bargs). We have no center. So we trade our c
enter for another PF. Huh?

Think of the bigger picture ... Lal r threat to pry Melo away rom the knicks... If they get chandler they r out of melo sweepstakes and melo has no where to go...

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 01:36 PM
We're talking about the knicks. That's exactly why it makes sense.
no matter how u put it it just makes no sense watsover. We already got bargs, why would we need gasol especially if hes getting traded for Chandler who iz a multiple defensive player of tha year winner:biggums: and plus we give this team Shumpert away for free??:biggums: man even Dolan would have more sense than dat:coleman:

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Think of the bigger picture ... Lal r threat to pry Melo away rom the knicks... If they get chandler they r out of melo sweepstakes and melo has no where to go...
then tha knicks will have nowhere to go to:coleman:

Bandito
12-15-2013, 01:45 PM
no matter how u put it it just makes no sense watsover. We already got bargs, why would we need gasol especially if hes getting traded for Chandler who iz a multiple defensive player of tha year winner:biggums: and plus we give this team Shumpert away for free??:biggums: man even Dolan would have more sense than dat:coleman:
When was he a multiple defensive player of the year?

gts
12-15-2013, 01:49 PM
As reported this trade makes zero sense for either team when you look at long term ramifications

Fresh Kid
12-15-2013, 01:49 PM
When was he a multiple defensive player of the year?
i think it was 2011 & 2012, i know he was at least twice.

niko
12-15-2013, 01:50 PM
If they are considering this they don't want Melo anyway which makes them no thread.

ZenMaster
12-15-2013, 02:03 PM

Of course he values defense.

Bandito
12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
i think it was 2011 & 2012, i know he was at least twice.
http://www.nba.com/history/defensive-player-of-the-year-award/index.html

You're not wrong that it was for 11&12 season but he has won only once.

EnoughSaid
12-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Pau Gasol, Nick Young and picks for Chandler, JR and Shumpert?

niko
12-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Pau Gasol, Nick Young and picks for Chandler, JR and Shumpert?
No. You have no picks too, right?

D-Rose
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Don't see how this helps NY other than clearing cap space for this summer.

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 03:32 PM
The deal is apparently Shumpert and filler for Kaman.

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops2m
If #Lakers want Shumpert, #Knicks would want Kaman but would have to include another player to match salaries. Udrih maybe?

longtime lurker
12-15-2013, 03:36 PM

If #Lakers want Shumpert, #Knicks would want Kaman but would have to include another player to match salaries. Udrih maybe?

No way this trade could be real. If the Knicks were actually interested in this then

niko
12-15-2013, 03:39 PM

Get the **** out of here. Kaman? To do what? This is just utterly false. We are balking on Shump for Lowry but we will trade Shump for Kaman?

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Get the **** out of here. Kaman? To do what? This is just utterly false. We are balking on Shump for Lowry but we will trade Shump for Kaman?
I'm just as perplexed as you. Don't shoot the messenger.:cheers:

niko
12-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Kaman, who had to wait and wait for even a 1 year deal, and who is almost always hurt, is the Knick target. When Chandler is 10 days away. Why do people believe these things?

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Iman Shumpert is overrated as fk. I rather have Wesley Johnson and Xavier Henry over him. Lakers need to stop playing around. We don't want Knicks scrubs.

longtime lurker
12-15-2013, 03:43 PM

:roll: :roll: I wonder if these sources purposely troll reporters

niko
12-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm just as perplexed as you. Don't shoot the messenger.:cheers:
Twitter is 90% bullshit, when you go to twitter, find bullshit and post it, you get shot at. It's the rule. :no: Sheriden? You posted Sheriden?

iDunk
12-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Lol even the Knicks are that retarted to trade Chandler/Shump for Pau.

Lakers are the ones inquiring about them, no one is negotiating anything. There is literally not one attractive piece on the Lakers.

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Twitter is 90% bullshit, when you go to twitter, find bullshit and post it, you get shot at. It's the rule. :no: Sheriden? You posted Sheriden?
LOL....:roll:

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2013, 03:46 PM
This could make the Lakers possible contenders

Bryant | Farmar | Prigioni
Shumpert | Henry
Johnson | Young
Gasol | Hill
Chandler | Sacre

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 03:48 PM

Lakers are the ones inquiring about them, no one is negotiating anything. There is literally not one attractive piece on the Lakers.

You sound like a bitter Knicks fans. You have garbage players on multiyear deals while the Lakers have 99% final year contract players that are playing out of their minds.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 03:50 PM

This would save the Knicks another 15 million in salary this summer. If AB and Melo opt out and leave, then the Knicks would have about 47 million in salary off the books for a total rebuild.

Patrick Chewing
12-15-2013, 03:51 PM
If the Lakers include a pick then i'm all for it.

iDunk
12-15-2013, 03:57 PM
You sound like a bitter Knicks fans. You have garbage players on multiyear deals while the Lakers have 99% final year contract players that are playing out of their minds.
Yeah but none of them would improve this team.

Chandler would & he's on our team coming back soon so no point in trading him away. An actual good PG would too, but the Lakers don't even have one for themselves.

There's no point in these trade rumors I'm saying because no way the Knicks even begin negotiations with the Lakers because they have no pieces that the Knicks would even be slightly interested in.

alec613
12-15-2013, 03:57 PM
If the Lakers include a pick then i'm all for it.

With the 6th - 7th pick the New York Knicks select Marcus Smart from Oklahoma State (assuming he slides down)

Haven't seen Shumpert play this season. Heck, I haven't seen the Knicks play this season.
Is Shumpert worth giving up a lottery pick for?

NumberSix
12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm the first one to say that Tyson is overpaid and overrated but come on,Knicks shouldn't do that deal.
PAU IS DONE.
Also we already have Bargnani and Amare for scoring,we need someone who can defend as well.
The point of the Knicks getting Pau is that his contract is expiring. NYK need to stop paying big money for mediocre teams and just blow it up already so they can rebuild.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah but none of them would improve this team.

Chandler would & he's on our team coming back soon so no point in trading him away. An actual good PG would too, but the Lakers don't even have one for themselves.

There's no point in these trade rumors I'm saying because no way the Knicks even begin negotiations with the Lakers because they have no pieces that the Knicks would even be slightly interested in.

I don't think you understand. When you have garbage players, you want to trade them for better contracts or expirers to clear out cap space. Anything for garbage makes you better. It's addition by subtraction.

I'm not advocating for any trade between the Knicks and Lakers. Just saying it like it is.

Black and White
12-15-2013, 04:04 PM
This could make the Lakers possible contenders

Bryant | Farmar | Prigioni
Shumpert | Henry
Johnson | Young
Gasol | Hill
Chandler | Sacre

:facepalm :facepalm The deal is supposed to be GASOL FOR CHANDLER

iDunk
12-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think you understand. When you have garbage players, you want to trade them for better contracts or expirers to clear out cap space. Anything for garbage makes you better. It's addition by subtraction.

I'm not advocating for any trade between the Knicks and Lakers. Just saying it like it is.
How is Tyson Chandler a garbage player?

Iman is playing like garbage, but he's not garbage & he's on a good contract.

I don't know what garbage players you're talking about. The only notable garbage players we have on the team are JR & Felton.

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2013, 04:07 PM
:facepalm :facepalm The deal is supposed to be GASOL FOR CHANDLER
The latest reports I've seen are that the Knicks are interested in acquiring Nash and Steve Blake for Shumpert and Chandler

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
The latest reports I've seen are that the Knicks are interested in acquiring Nash and Steve Blake for Shumpert and Chandler
Whose the sauce on this one? I haven't seen this one yet.

Black and White
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM

For real? Do you have a source for this?

iDunk
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
You guys are so dumb. :roll: :roll:

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 04:17 PM
"@KnickFM: Knicks may deal Shumpert, Tyson Chandler, and J.R. Smith to the Lakers - per Chris Broussard

NumberSix
12-15-2013, 04:20 PM
"@KnickFM: Knicks may deal Shumpert, Tyson Chandler, and J.R. Smith to the Lakers - per Chris Broussard

Black and White
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM

I dont know why the lakers would want Jr Smith. The other two would make them a much better team

alec613
12-15-2013, 04:25 PM

:roll:

JR's a net negative:facepalm

I dont know why the lakers would want Jr Smith. The other two would make them a much better team

they don't. But they would have to to make the deal work

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Sean Derks ‏@Derks0 2m
According to people close to Steve Nash the Canadian PG is preparing for a trade to NY. Tyson would head to LA. Physicals would be waived.

Black and White
12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
:roll:

JR's a net negative:facepalm

they don't. But they would have to to make the deal work

Well what they would gain in Shump and Chandler will make up for what they lose out on by bringing Jr Smith in

Black and White
12-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Sean Derks ‏@Derks0 2m
According to people close to Steve Nash the Canadian PG is preparing for a trade to NY. Tyson would head to LA. Physicals would be waived.

Well if this is legit this could be the Kwame Brown trade v2

COnDEMnED
12-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Sean Derks ‏@Derks0 2m
I'm not familiar with this source, who is he? Reliable?

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
dam knicks getting ripped a new one if this goes thru... how does nash and blake make us better, their like injured for 5 years...and lakers get vastly younger
i hate those assholes who run the knicks

LA_Showtime
12-15-2013, 04:48 PM

We're clearly in win-now mode, despite not having the talent or resources to do so. We should trade Pau and pray we get lucky in the lottery. We're already a mess as it is with Kobe's new contract.

Deuce Bigalow
12-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Sean Derks ‏@Derks0 2m
This real tea?

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Looks like the proposed trade is Nash + Kaman for Chandler straight up. I don't like the deal honestly for the Lakers. 14 mill is a lot to be playing Chandler when the Lakers could get the same production from Jordan Hill..

Plus who know Chandler may never be the same after that devastating knee injury.

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
This real tea?

its like the knicks are following the exact gameplan the cavs did to try and keep lebron

bluechox2
12-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Looks like the proposed trade is Nash + Kaman for Chandler straight up. I don't like the deal honestly for the Lakers. 14 mill is a lot to be playing Chandler when the Lakers could get the same production from Jordan Hill..
im sorry buy what the fuc k are anyone in the knicks offices thinking about giving up your defensive achor for 2 guys that are inbjured and wont play much

Deuce Bigalow
12-15-2013, 04:56 PM
its like the knicks are following the exact gameplan the cavs did to try and keep lebron
Sean Derks has 3 followers....

Black and White
12-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Sean Derks has 3 followers....

Lol ether

MVBallin2K
12-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Lakers shouldn't trade at all, what's the point? The system they run doesn't preach defense and even if you bring in defensive players, D'Antoni is still gonna neglect it.

It also adds long term cap space for next year's free agency. Lakers need to just stand pat. If Pau doesn't like being here by the end of the year then he's gone. If Nash wants out I'm sure he can be dealt then but at worst Lakers remain a lottery team. At best they get a great draft pick or make the playoffs and exceed expectations. This does nothing for either side because Nash and Gasol are defensive liabilities and Lakers don't need anything more than expirers.

el gringos
12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Nash's brain to run the team and he and kamans white guy ability to connect with the refs have a lot more value than you first think. Huge gamble though that Nash can be on the court to make that difference

iDunk
12-15-2013, 05:11 PM
@LegitNBASourceSwearToGod 1m

Hearing that Kobe Bryant might be on his way to NY for Chandler, Shumpert, & JR Smith. More to come soon.

This legit guyz?

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
This legit guyz?

Obviously fake. Salaries don't even match. Kobe's making 30 mill this season.

Deuce Bigalow
12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Lakers shouldn't trade at all, what's the point? The system they run doesn't preach defense and even if you bring in defensive players, D'Antoni is still gonna neglect it.

It also adds long term cap space for next year's free agency. Lakers need to just stand pat. If Pau doesn't like being here by the end of the year then he's gone. If Nash wants out I'm sure he can be dealt then but at worst Lakers remain a lottery team. At best they get a great draft pick or make the playoffs and exceed expectations. This does nothing for either side because Nash and Gasol are defensive liabilities and Lakers don't need anything more than expirers.Tyson makes 14.5 mill in 2014-15. Yeah probably not worth it.

iDunk
12-15-2013, 05:15 PM
im sorry buy what the fuc k are anyone in the knicks offices thinking about giving up your defensive achor for 2 guys that are inbjured and wont play much
I'm sorry but why are you freaking out about nothing? There hasn't been any report of a legit offer or interest from the Knicks side. The only realness to this Lakers/Knicks thing is that the Lakers called the Knicks to inquire about Shumpert & Chandler. NOTHING ELSE.

Droid101
12-15-2013, 05:20 PM
If Kobe's on the books for two more years, why not just gain salary that all expires when he does. Then reload in free agency when Kobe's gone.

Still... this seems too weird to be true.

Quizno
12-15-2013, 05:20 PM
pls no lakers. tyson's salary is just way too big

Deuce Bigalow
12-15-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry but why are you freaking out about nothing? There hasn't been any report of a legit offer or interest from the Knicks side. The only realness to this Lakers/Knicks thing is that the Lakers called the Knicks to inquire about Shumpert & Chandler. NOTHING ELSE.
Supposably the Knicks are willing to trade if the Lakers take JR based from some tweets. Trade is not going to happen anyway, the Lakers will want to keep cap room for next summer and this trade will handicap their plans.

niko
12-15-2013, 05:40 PM
It's not real. Why are some of you freaking out? what the **** is wrong with you?

The Knicks are trading Chandler for some injured players. Why would you think that's true?

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2013, 05:45 PM
What about something like:

Laker/Knicks/Raptors 3 way -

Knicks get - Pau / Lowry
Lakers get - Amar'e / Felton
Toronto gets - Nash

+ a couple picks moving around.

Toronto tanks. Lakers get rid of Nash and bitching Pau, set up cap space for 2015.

TheMarkMadsen
12-15-2013, 06:00 PM

Knicks get - Pau / Lowry
Toronto gets - Nash

Toronto tanks. Lakers get rid of Nash and bitching Pau, set up cap space for 2015.

Yeah let's throw away our cap for the off season by trading for Amare.

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Yeah let's throw away our cap for the off season by trading for Amare.

F*ck it, Lakers aren't winning until Kobe's gone.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM

Knicks get - Pau / Lowry
Toronto gets - Nash

I know you're a bitter Celtics fans but come on. Lakers aren't that retarded.

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I know you're a bitter Celtics fans but come on. Lakers aren't that retarded.

They need a point guard. They get one. They get rid of Nash. They get something for Pau instead of losing him for nothing like Dwight.

I'm not saying it's perfect, I couldn't give a f*ck and made that in 2 minutes.

STATUTORY
12-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Hmm. Lakers adding two excellent defenders, but it would place a big offensive load on Kobe. They would be excellent on defense, but they would kind of resemble a Bulls team surrounding Rose...

Perhaps Jordan Hill could fill that role? I would think they would need another scoring threat at PF

Xavier Henry is more talented offensive player than anyone on the bulls not named rose

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
They need a point guard. They get one. They get rid of Nash. They get something for Pau instead of losing him for nothing like Dwight.

I'm not saying it's perfect, I couldn't give a f*ck and made that in 2 minutes.

Felton has been one of the worst starting point guards in the NBA 2 out of the last 3 seasons including and particularly this season.

Instead of losing Pau for nothing like Dwight. Right, because having a 33 year old, 40% FG shooting as a center/power forward, $20 million expirer is the same as losing a franchise player in his prime.

You sure you didn't make that in 2 seconds?

niko
12-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Laker fans are freaking insane. You're saying the Lakers would never do the trade cause it would clog your cap, etc. but you are saying at the same time the Knicks would. Why? Knicks overpay massively at times for players, but the Knicks don't trade for players they don't want. They aren't trading good assets for Kaman and Nash, two players who are always hurt. No one trades for injured players. You have to be two levels beyond retarded to think it's true.

TheMarkMadsen
12-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Laker fans are freaking insane. You're saying the Lakers would never do the trade cause it would clog your cap, etc. but you are saying at the same time the Knicks would. Why? Knicks overpay massively at times for players, but the Knicks don't trade for players they don't want. They aren't trading good assets for Kaman and Nash, two players who are always hurt. No one trades for injured players. You have to be two levels beyond retarded to think it's true.

Because in the past 13 years the Knicks have been known for making ridiculous moves that never pan out

While in the past 13 years the Lakers have been known for making shrewd moves that almost always pan out.

Therefore the Lakers get the benefit of the doubt. That and the Lakers rarely ever make "panic" moves that only make their team slightly better in the long run & jeopardizes their financial future. Which is what tradin for Chandlder would do.

niko
12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Because in the past 13 years the Knicks have been known for making ridiculous moves that never pan out

While in the past 13 years the Lakers have been known for making shrewd moves that almost always pan out.

Therefore the Lakers get the benefit of the doubt. That and the Lakers rarely ever make "panic" moves that only make their team slightly better in the long run & jeopardizes their financial future. Which is what tradin for Chandlder would do.
This isn't analysis of a trade, this is Laker fans taking ridiculous rumors from terrible sources and believing it. I don't care if you historically make good trades, nothing on this thread is a good trade, it's gibberish and nonsense which you'd be nuts to believe.

Anyone who looks at Chris Sheriden's twitter deserves to be banned from watching NBA for at least a year.

TheMarkMadsen
12-15-2013, 10:26 PM
This isn't analysis of a trade, this is Laker fans taking ridiculous rumors from terrible sources and believing it. I don't care if you historically make good trades, nothing on this thread is a good trade, it's gibberish and nonsense which you'd be nuts to believe.

Anyone who looks at Chris Sheriden's twitter deserves to be banned from watching NBA for at least a year.

Why are you so worked up? Keep negging me for stating facts

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
melo/chandler/JR Smith/Iman 4 Gasol/Nash/blake/hill/kaman

thats around 40million in savings for the knicks ...nash retires medically

niko
12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Why are you so worked up? Keep negging me for stating facts
I don't neg people for disagreeing with me, that's not me. I neg people for being jerks and annoying me. And sign NIKO.

And you're repeating rumors, your definition of the word "fact" is a bit lacking.