PDA

View Full Version : Replace Mutumbo with Orlando Dwight on the 00-01 76ers

ralph_i_el
12-15-2013, 11:31 AM
And do we have the most epic finals matchup ever?

branslowski
12-15-2013, 11:39 AM
No.:oldlol:

Vienceslav
12-15-2013, 11:48 AM
What?:lol

Eric Cartman
12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
The drugs you are taking are too strong man. Take it down a notch.

HylianNightmare
12-15-2013, 12:07 PM
still the same outcome, we talkin prime shaq. dwight could barely stop/slow down older broken down shaq

dr.hee
12-15-2013, 12:10 PM
To make it fair, you'd have to replace Mutombo with someone like Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan...Dwight is a tier below them. Especially consideing the 76ers lacked offensive firepower, so Howard isn't really the ideal choice.

HylianNightmare
12-15-2013, 12:14 PM
To make it fair, you'd have to replace Mutombo with someone like Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan...Dwight is a tier below them. Especially consideing the 76ers lacked offensive firepower, so Howard isn't really the ideal choice.

this, shit you give the sixers prime to semi prime hakeem then we may be talking about most entertaining series ever but at that point hakeem was done.

Horde of Temujin
12-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Mutumbo > Dwight

dr.hee
12-15-2013, 12:18 PM
this, shit you give the sixers prime to semi prime hakeem then we may be talking about most entertaining series ever but at that point hakeem was done.

Yeah, was talking about all of them in their primes obviously. We're talking about Shaq after all...and OP thinks a fair matchup for prime O'Neal would be Dwight :lol

Bandito
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
They don't win one game with him there.:roll:

Bibby4Three
12-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Donkey of the day!

:coleman:

gts
12-15-2013, 02:26 PM
And do we have the most epic finals matchup ever?

We have a better finals but the outcome would still be the same in the end

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't even want to see a prime Shaq abuse Dwight. Shaq had 4 inches and 80 pounds on him. He would do literally anything he wanted.

Shaq had 'trouble' with guys with length, or weight... And I say 'trouble' because he still shit on them, but they could do some things to affect him. Mutombo played him as well as anyone could.

Sixers just needed another scorer to be competitive. They won game one, then lost game 2 by 9 and game 3 by 5. They just needed a bit more scoring.

moe94
12-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Shaq had 'trouble' with guys with length, or weight... And I say 'trouble' because he still shit on them, but they could do some things to affect him. Mutombo played him as well as anyone could.

How are you supposed to guard a guy who is feeding you multiple and consistent shots to the face with his elbow? :confusedshrug:

Watching Deke get destroyed is heartbreaking. What's he supposed to do? They let Shaq play prison ball with him.

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM
How are you supposed to guard a guy who is feeding you multiple and consistent shots to the face with his elbow? :confusedshrug:

Watching Deke get destroyed is heartbreaking. What's he supposed to do? They let Shaq play prison ball with him.
Try not being a fugging ***** and hit back. Mutombo was garbage, he cowered away from contact. Shaq had him shook.

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM

Yeah, that's why it wasn't fair. I'm surprised he didn't get brain damage from that series. Mutombo could at least go one on one with him, Dwight would need doubles all the time.

I watched a few Magic Shaq/Denver Mutombo games recently and when Mutombo could keep him out of the paint on the catch Shaq had a hard time. Shaq also wasn't getting superstar calls and elbowing people in the grill. Still had like 19/8 though.

moe94
12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Try not being a fugging ***** and hit back. Mutombo was garbage, he cowered away from contact. Shaq had him shook.

Because getting hit in the face by Shaq's elbow and literally still having your arms all up in his face makes you a coward.

:rolleyes: :hammerhead:

dgaras
12-15-2013, 06:31 PM
a better question would be prime yao with no injuries

cos88
12-15-2013, 06:35 PM
from all the great center in the world you chose dwight :facepalm

put in prime hakeem and it would be all that you say it would be.

Teanett
12-15-2013, 06:36 PM
bbq chicken

redhonda76
12-15-2013, 06:43 PM
a better question would be prime yao with no injuries

That would be very interesting. Post prime Shaq had no answer on Prime Yao. Second year Yao played Shaq pretty well. I don't think Prime Shaq can abuse his weight on Prime Yao.

ralph_i_el
12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, was talking about all of them in their primes obviously. We're talking about Shaq after all...and OP thinks a fair matchup for prime O'Neal would be Dwight :lol

I can't believe you think I think that. I was just thinking about a team I'd like to see with two stars who got steamrolled by the Lakers in championships. Prime dwight is a huge upgrade over old DK

Obviously if you give them the dream or Ewing or Drob they're better off. There really is no fair matchup for prime Shaq

LONGTIME
12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
There really is no fair matchup for prime Shaq

Prime Wilt :confusedshrug:

Eric Cartman
12-15-2013, 07:29 PM
There really is no fair matchup for prime Shaq

Wilt
Kareem
Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Bill Russell

Those are the legends that CAN guard Shaq. I'm pretty sure you look through history and find many guys that can hold their own against Shaq that are not stars, of course no one is going to stop him.

Great players can't be "stopped". Hell Wilt is a tougher cover for anyone than Shaq. More dominant too.

ralph_i_el
12-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Wilt
Kareem
Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Bill Russell

Those are the legends that CAN guard Shaq. I'm pretty sure you look through history and find many guys that can hold their own against Shaq that are not stars, of course no one is going to stop him.

Great players can't be "stopped". Hell Wilt is a tougher cover for anyone than Shaq. More dominant too.

You watched all of those guys play?

dgaras
12-15-2013, 09:18 PM
yao ming should be mentioned. at his peak he can go up against any all time great. period.

redhonda76
12-15-2013, 10:16 PM
yao ming should be mentioned. at his peak he can go up against any all time great. period.

I don't think Yao would do well against Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson due to the fact that they all can hit the mid range. Prime example was Boozer, who was feasting on Yao with those jumpers.

Quizno
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
from what I remember, past his prime blazers sabonis held his own against shaq

Mr. Incredible
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
These threads are dumb. Who really cares?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-15-2013, 11:01 PM
The sixers would get worse. Deke was better than Dwight ever was

Bandito
12-16-2013, 12:31 AM
These threads are dumb. Who really cares?
Any thread that doesn't mention Lebron is dumb. This thread should be locked, MODS!!!