PDA

View Full Version : This is how I see the Cavs front office after watching Bennet

Andrei89
12-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Honestly, Bennett might be one of the worst nr1 picks of all time. Yet another year the Cavaliers surprise us with a hipster draft pick.

This is how I play this in my mind. I don't mean to offend the Cavaliers fans, I just feel the need to insult that moronic front office.

SO this is what happened.

In 2011 there were talks about Derrick Williams going nr1. The front office was like " *** that man, everyone wants Williams, we gonna draft Irving at nr1". Surprize mfers!!

It turns out that Irving was indeed the best pick of the draft. Then they got cocky and thought they are the best in the world at scouting talent. The hipster front office has decided to select Dion Waiters with the nr4 pick instead of Drummond, Barnes or Lillard.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Just when you think the idiotic hipster front office of the Cavaliers cant get any dumber, they decide to make the most hipster pick of all time and they choose Bennet at the nr 1 pick of the 2013 draft :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I know last year was not a good draft, but , in all honesty, nobody would have picked Bennett at nr5 last year, yet the moronic hipster front office of the Cleveland Cavaliers takes him at number 1.

Will they learn?

cos88
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img834/4811/33c9.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/n633c9g)

outbreak
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
why are you abbreviating number to nr? Also Irving wasn't a stretch for the number one pick, some mocks had him at number one and some sites had him as the consensus number one while some others had williams. This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2013, 04:55 PM
You're an idiot.

Mike Brown has never played a rookie besides LBJ more than 12 MPG.

Rookies aren't meant to flourish in a MB system, Bennett has shown great promise but his impact won't come immediately. CLE figured they had a great core and they could afford a few years for Bennett to fully develop. In a few years Bennett will be the starting PF for the East All Stars, his true peak will be around 24/8/4 with elite shooting #'s.

Bandito
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
:lol
That doggy is funny.

Andrei89
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
You're an idiot.

Rookies aren't meant to flourish in a MB system, Bennett has shown great promise but his impact won't come immediately. CLE figured they had a great core and they could afford a few years for Bennett to fully develop. In a few years Bennett will be the starting PF for the East All Stars, his true peak will be around 24/8/4 with elite shooting #'s.

Bennett is a number 1 pick who shoots 23% and shoots 40% from the FT line.

He is also somewhere ranked around 330 in PER in the league. How many NBA players are there again?

outbreak
12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
You're an idiot.

I agree that he will improve and not be a total bust, but I don't think he will be a starting all star and while not being a massive bust I do think people will look on the pick in the future and wonder why cleveland took him.

moe94
12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
future and wonder why cleveland took him.

People said that the moment of the pick.

CelticBaller
12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
the only mistake they did was hiring mike brown, and not picking up drummond or noel

chips93
12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
the irving pick was the obvious pick at the time, and it turned out great. thompson was a solid pick, maybe valanciunas ends up better, but he didnt wanna play in cleveland, so that could have gotten messy.

obviously, drummond is a much better prospect than waiters at this point, but he slipped to what, 9 or 10? so its not like the cavs are idiots for missing an obvious stud, 5 other teams missed on him too. id say waiters is a bit below what you would want from a number 4 pick, but hes far from a bust.

i didnt like the bennett pick, just because we already have tristan at the 4. id have preferred noel, but its clear that dan gilbert wants impact players (i guess they thought bennett would be an impact scorer, which he evidently is not) and with the benefit of hindsight, oladipo would have been a good pick too.

bennett is a talented player, and he'll be fine. its very early, he didnt get any chance to practice in the off season, came in out of shape, and is being asked to play defense for probably the first time in his life.

outbreak
12-15-2013, 05:27 PM
People said that the moment of the pick.
Didn't word that well, I mean that I don't think he will be a terrible bust like he looks right now but I don't think he will be great and there will be far better players taken behind him.

hawkfan
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Send Bennett down to the D-League to get minutes, conditioning and confidence, and to get him out of that locker room.

Right now, that guy is in a bad place mentally.

outbreak
12-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Send Bennett down to the D-League to get minutes, conditioning and confidence, and to get him out of that locker room.

I agree with this, he would benefit from some time in the D-league to boost his confidence and find his rhythm again

moe94
12-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I always said going to the D-League after being the number 1 pick was the greatest motivator and catalyst for confidence.

Meticode
12-15-2013, 05:52 PM
the only mistake they did was hiring mike brown, and not picking up drummond or noel
I agree. I'm not even sure why he even brought up Barnes, because Waiters has turned out better than Barnes has. And Lillard? Why in the f*ck would would be pick Lillard when we have Irving. It's the same thing like us picking Bennett when we already have front court pieces. It made no sense. Their picks should've been Noel or Porter Jr. Bennett has no

moe94
12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I agree. I'm not even sure why he even brought up Barnes, because Waiters has turned out better than Barnes has.

You know damn well Barnes has a way higher ceiling than him. :coleman:

I mean, he's literally older than Barnes and not even as good.

KyrieTheFuture
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Name a single non guard in this draft who has played even okay.

tomtucker
12-15-2013, 06:11 PM
op is right...........cavs fukked up again

Fudge
What the fck is a "hipster pick"? Or "nr"? Do all clowns from Miami type like dis?

Bibby4Three
Terrible Thread.

Lets call the guy a bust after not even half a season? Come on thats fuggin retarded.

Come talk to me in 2 years.

Also why would the Cavs select Lillard a year after they just took Irving? :hammerhead:

moe94
12-15-2013, 06:15 PM
What the fck is a "hipster pick"? Or "nr"? Do all clowns from Miami type like dis?

You literally have "doe" in your location. Don't choke on the irony. :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
12-15-2013, 06:22 PM

OP is from Europe.

Andrei89
12-15-2013, 06:24 PM

And then he says : " Dis"

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

G-train
12-15-2013, 06:24 PM
I agree. I'm not even sure why he even brought up Barnes, because Waiters has turned out better than Barnes has.

To me Barnes seems much better. Unless one on one moves his how you judge an entire player.

G-train
12-15-2013, 06:25 PM

Surprised you haven't concocted an Andy V for small forward trade in this thread, opening up PF mins for Bennett. Bennett and TT could actually play a fair bit of C in most games.

DukeDelonte13
12-15-2013, 06:32 PM
You know damn well Barnes has a way higher ceiling than him. :coleman:

I mean, he's literally older than Barnes and not even as good.

are you joking or serious? Stop parroting what some national media guys said last season and actually watch some games.

Waiters >>>>Barnes

Noyze
12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Honestly, Bennett might be one of the worst nr1 picks of all time. Yet another year the Cavaliers surprise us with a hipster draft pick.

This is how I play this in my mind. I don't mean to offend the Cavaliers fans, I just feel the need to insult that moronic front office.

SO this is what happened.

In 2011 there were talks about Derrick Williams going nr1. The front office was like " *** that man, everyone wants Williams, we gonna draft Irving at nr1". Surprize mfers!!

It turns out that Irving was indeed the best pick of the draft. Then they got cocky and thought they are the best in the world at scouting talent. The hipster front office has decided to select Dion Waiters with the nr4 pick instead of Drummond, Barnes or Lillard.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Just when you think the idiotic hipster front office of the Cavaliers cant get any dumber, they decide to make the most hipster pick of all time and they choose Bennet at the nr 1 pick of the 2013 draft :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I know last year was not a good draft, but , in all honesty, nobody would have picked Bennett at nr5 last year, yet the moronic hipster front office of the Cleveland Cavaliers takes him at number 1.

Will they learn?

You're an idiot and judging by how this was written I'd guess you were in 3rd grade.

moe94
12-15-2013, 06:41 PM
are you joking or serious? Stop parroting what some national media guys said last season and actually watch some games.

Waiters >>>>Barnes
What are you basing this off? Surely not the stats or the fact that Barnes is way more athletic and as decent size for his position. :oldlol:

b1imtf
12-15-2013, 06:45 PM
:roll:

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
To me Barnes seems much better. Unless one on one moves his how you judge an entire player.

This. I'm taken aback that even one person in this thread, let alone two, thinks Waiters has been better than Barnes. Guy has been eh on the court, and the off the court stuff is further evidence that Barnes has been more valuable thusfar. Barnes was in the postseason playing with the poise and effectiveness of a savy vet.

moe94
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
This. I'm taken aback that even one person in this thread, let alone two, thinks Waiters has been better than Barnes.

Homerism. Nothing more. :confusedshrug:

STATUTORY
12-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I usually don't associate word hipster with anything Cleveland but it does work in ironic way so hipster validated

Fudge
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
You literally have "doe" in your location. Don't choke on the irony. :rolleyes:
:facepalm @ all your posts doe.

Fudge
12-15-2013, 07:01 PM
And then he says : " Dis"

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
:facepalm

moe94
12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
:facepalm @ all your posts doe.
Isn't it about time you made another gay thread? You're slipping doe.

PleezeBelieve
12-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Waiters >> Barnes

You fukk boys don't stop. lol

Eric Cartman
12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Another mistake the Cavs made:

Not surrounding Lebron with talent and letting him walk practically for nothing.

I'm fine with Waiters but they should've picked Oladipo.

Also Derrick Williams wasn't the projected #1 guy, Kyrie was.

Look at the draft lottery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLvjo6_Upo

tomtucker
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
didn

Basketbolero
12-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Another 'Heat fan' trying to make Cavs front office look bad... Go figure... :rolleyes:

Basketbolero
12-15-2013, 08:17 PM

Not surrounding Lebron with talent and letting him walk practically for nothing. [/url]
:oldlol: :facepalm And... 37 posts later we finally got to where we wanted. You guys are pathetic...

moe94
12-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Another 'Heat fan' trying to make Cavs front office look bad... Go figure... :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

KyrieTheFuture
12-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Not surrounding Lebron with talent and letting him walk practically for nothing.

I'm fine with Waiters but they should've picked Oladipo.

Also Derrick Williams wasn't the projected #1 guy, Kyrie was.

Look at the draft lottery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLvjo6_Upo
We already had Kyrie, jack and dion why would we draft Oladipo? He's get even less minutes that bennett

Andrei89
12-15-2013, 08:37 PM

Dont call other people pathetic when you make a dumb comment like that.

You can put "Heat fan" in quotation marks all you want. I have supported the Heat long before Lebron joined as you can see by my join date and the posts I made in 2009. Maybe you should have done your research first.

Dizzle-2k7
12-15-2013, 08:51 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

there is nothing waiters does better than barnes.. NOTHING!!!

FreezingTsmoove
12-15-2013, 08:59 PM

The Cavs front office is bad. Outside of having the 2nd greatest NBA player of all time they haven't done shit. In fact they didn't do shit when they had him either

TheMarkMadsen
12-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Kyrie was the safe pick at #1.

Literally nobody around the NBA was talking Williams going number one

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 12:56 AM

Kyrie was the safe pick at #1.

Literally nobody around the NBA was talking Williams going number one
How the hell do you know what "people around the NBA" were thinking? You only know what fans and media were saying.

And, plenty of people on here and media types like Bill Simmons were promoting Williams over Irving. It's archived and very easy to find.

I<3NBA
12-16-2013, 01:32 AM
they drafted well with Irving and TT, but other than that, they've wasted all their other high draft picks, Bennet being the worst of all.

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 01:56 AM
they drafted well with Irving and TT, but other than that, they've wasted all their other high draft picks, Bennet being the worst of all.
The idea that anyone can consider Dion Waiters a "waste" is baffling to me and it tells me either the person hasn't watched him much or they're just trying to make the Cavs' FO seem worse than it actually is.

We can sit here and debate whether or not he's better than Harrison Barnes and both guys have an argument. The most unbiased viewpoint of their regular season last year was the All-Rookie team votes, which Dion received more (deservedly so, imo).

Barnes obviously had a tremendous run in the playoffs, which I think a lot of people used to base their entire opinion about his game. Truth is, he didn't have that kind of impact in his rookie regular season and he hasn't had it this regular season so far. I'd caution people against using a 10-game sample to project where a player stands in his draft class.

So far this year, their numbers are close. Barnes is averaging 13.9 points on 11.6 shots per game, 4.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 34+ minutes per game.

Waiters is putting up 14.4 points on 12.6 shots per game, 3.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists in 28+ minutes per game.

I'd argue Barnes is a much better natural fit in his situation with GSW than Dion is in his role with the Cavs (still in flux).

Either way, someone as young and talented as Waiters being called a "waste" 20 games into his second season just seems odd to me.

Also odd is that almost all of the negative comments about the Cavs in this thread come from Heat fans (ie James fans). They seem to have an odd fascination and a vested interest in constantly attacking the Cavaliers' organization, even if their attacks don't make a lot of sense.

Bennett may or may not end up being a wasted pick. It's too early to say, even after his horrendous start. But, that doesn't automatically mean these other picks were bad.

Fact is, Irving, Thompson and Waiters have been pretty impressive players thus far in their NBA careers and none warrant the label "wasted pick."

Meticode
12-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Waiters being a "wasted" draft pick is hardly a waste. The only player that has undoubtly turned out better drafted later than Waiters which was projected a top 5 pick was Drummond. Barnes is arguable.

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Waiters being a "wasted" draft pick is hardly a waste. The only player that has undoubtly turned out better drafted later than Waiters which was projected a top 5 pick was Drummond. Barnes is arguable.
The weird thing is this is coming from Heat fans, who just watched Waiters going around, though and over their defense in the 4th quarter last night. How could you watch that from a freaking 21-year-old and deduce that he's a "waste"? :oldlol:

There have been plenty of games this year where Waiters has been better than Kyrie. Last night was one of them. Both are incredibly talented young players with tons of upside trying to get acclimated to a new system and new roles.

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 02:27 AM
The weird thing is this is coming from Heat fans, who just watched Waiters going around, though and over their defense in the 4th quarter last night. How could you watch that from a freaking 21-year-old and deduce that he's a "waste"? :oldlol:

There have been plenty of games this year where Waiters has been better than Kyrie. Last night was one of them. Both are incredibly talented young players with tons of upside trying to get acclimated to a new system and new roles.
I missed the last couple Cavs games, after a crazy start to the season has TT gone back to being last years TT?

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again... the consensus "best player available" at No. 4 according to most "experts" and the majority of posters on this board during the 2012 draft certainly wasn't Drummond and wasn't even Barnes.

It was Thomas Robinson.

Remember? The narrative was supposed to be that the Cavs royally screwed up the year before by taking Tristan, which prohibited them from taking a much better PF prospect in Robinson. It was the compounding of draft errors, they told us.

It's weird how TRob has now been replaced by Barnes and Drummond. No one talks about our screw-up of not being able to take Robinson anymore.

Strange how that works. Everyone's a draft guru years later, I guess.

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2013, 02:32 AM
So Cavs front office is 'hipster' - got it

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again... the consensus "best player available" at No. 4 according to most "experts" and the majority or posters on this board during the 2012 draft certainly wasn't Drummond and wasn't even Barnes.

It was Thomas Robinson.

Remember? The narrative was supposed to be that the Cavs royally screwed up the year before by taking Tristan, which prohibited them from taking a much better PF prospect in Robinson. It was the compounding of draft errors, they told us.

It's weird how TRob has now been replaced by Barnes and Drummond. No one talks about our screw-up of not being able to take Robinson anymore.

Strange how that works. Everyone's a draft guru years later, I guess.
Of course :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 02:35 AM
I missed the last couple Cavs games, after a crazy start to the season has TT gone back to being last years TT?
No, he's still vastly improved. It's just that his role is somewhat diminished when Varejao is on the floor because they are similar in how they choose to impact games.

If you remember, TT didn't really get it going last year until Andy was injured.

This year, he's been able to exceed that production even with playing with Andy, but I think you'd find him a much more consistent player without Andy on the roster.

I say that as a huge Varejao fan, btw, who does not necessarily even want him to be traded.

Consistency has been the issue for TT. Still, after a tough five-game stretch a couple weeks ago, he's put up 14/12 per game in the last seven on 48% shooting.

Tristan works so incredibly hard... he's really the last guy I'm worried about.

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2013, 02:41 AM
How the hell do you know what "people around the NBA" were thinking? You only know what fans and media were saying.

And, plenty of people on here and media types like Bill Simmons were promoting Williams over Irving. It's archived and very easy to find.

Are fans and media who sit at games not around, the NBA? :confusedshrug:

VIntageNOvel
12-16-2013, 02:50 AM
why is that all poster that said waiter > barnes are cavs fans? i guess thats what you called homerism

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 03:19 AM
why is that all poster that said waiter > barnes are cavs fans? i guess thats what you called homerism
Waiters received more votes for First Team All-Rookie last year. So, no.... it isn't just Cavs fans.

And, Cavs fans are probably the only ones who watch Waiters on a regular basis anyway. Why is it that all of those who say there is no argument that Waiters>Barnes seem not to know what they're talking about?

Are fans and media who sit at games not around, the NBA? :confusedshrug:

...and, as I said, plenty of media members and fans were promoting the idea of drafting Williams/Knight at 1 and 4 leading into that draft. Simmons was one of the most outspoken of those in the media and there were threads on a daily basis on this website suggesting the same strategy.

So, again... no offense, but you seem not to know what you're talking about.

I can provide links if you need them, but if you followed basketball at the time, that should not be necessary.

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Waiters received more votes for First Team All-Rookie last year. So, no.... it isn't just Cavs fans.

And, Cavs fans are probably the only ones who watch Waiters on a regular basis anyway. Why is it that all of those who say there is no argument that Waiters>Barnes seem not to know what they're talking about?

...and, as I said, plenty of media members and fans were promoting the idea of drafting Williams/Knight at 1 and 4 leading into that draft. Simmons was one of the most outspoken of those in the media and there were threads on a daily basis on this website suggesting the same strategy.

So, again... no offense, but you seem not to know what you're talking about.

I can provide links if you need them, but if you followed basketball at the time, that should not be necessary.

Do you agree that if a fan or media member is in attendance at the game, due to the way arenas are built, are technically around the NBA if not for a brief moment in time?

VIntageNOvel
12-16-2013, 03:41 AM

you clearly havent seen barnes play enough if you think waiter clear cut > barnes

bolded: maybe because SG position is really lacking and bad right now? and putting flashy number on tanking team cant be compared to contributing as a solid role player on contender.

while waiter whos received more vote for first team all rookie, and kyrie who playin great last year, + tristan the so called solid big keep losing games, barnes going ham against spurs (arguably best team last season) in the playoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWmqETzGlTU

younger, higher ceiling, step up in the playoff,

yes of course waiter is clearly better because he received more all rookie vote:coleman:

tomtucker
12-16-2013, 04:56 AM
So Cavs front office is 'hipster' - got it

well, these pics sure make them look like idiots
bowties, malcom in the middle and machine gun kelly at a nba draft , that

tomtucker
12-16-2013, 05:01 AM
^^^^ all that stuff, and then they go out and pick a fat dumbass that can

JtotheIzzo
12-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Bennett actually has a 37" vertical, so he can jump.

Bennett is playing too bad to be this bad right now. Something will give (maybe he will go out and drop 25 in the rookie/sophomore game?) but it might not be this year. The kid has too many translatable skills to be this bad, something will change and the talent will shine through.

GOBB
12-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Anthony Bennett looks like Terio all grown up. :oldlol:

rock la familia
12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Kandi man was pretty bad

DukeDelonte13
12-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Bennett actually has a 37" vertical, so he can jump.

Bennett is playing too bad to be this bad right now. Something will give (maybe he will go out and drop 25 in the rookie/sophomore game?) but it might not be this year. The kid has too many translatable skills to be this bad, something will change and the talent will shine through.

his vert was measured at 39'' at unlv.

But you are right, he has all the tools and the right body to be good in the NBA. The question is does he have the right intangibles.

It's mental for AB at this point. He's playing scared. It's not like the cavs picked a guy who was a bum in college. He's a talented prospect but he needs to get his mindset right.

He's on a very short leash though. Part of me wishes they would just throw him out there for 25 minutes a night and let him not worry about getting yanked, but the other part of me wants to win games.

He's slowly coming around though. I think he'll turn out to be a good player, but he will always be regarded as one of the weakest #1's for the entirety of his career. That's a burden no player wants to carry but he's going to have to deal with it.

B-Easy8
12-16-2013, 12:01 PM
He's going down the Beasley and D-Williams route. Not playing big minutes and getting yanked after every mistake.

Unless they play or trade him soon he won't become a star.

DukeDelonte13
12-16-2013, 12:08 PM
He's going down the Beasley and D-Williams route. Not playing big minutes and getting yanked after every mistake.

Unless they play or trade him soon he won't become a star.

I think its more D-Williams. If I recall correctly Beasley got some decent minutes.

But i tend to agree, he needs to get some serious PT. If the cavs are in a dogfight for the playoffs he probably won't be getting it this year. Only way I can see him getting a sizable bump is if one of the other bigs goes down with an injury.

One thing is for certain, TT is going to be a cavalier's PF of the future for a long time.

jbryan1984
12-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I am satisfied with Waiters with who was available at the time. I do like Barnes a bit more but they aren't really too far off of eachother. And not selecting Drummond, we ended up getting Bynum which I love him so, yeah. I have not given up on Bennett yet. If he sucks next year, I will totally agree with you but giving up on a guy 20 games into his first season, you just can't do that in the NBA because we have seen too many guys turn things around, sometimes their third year.

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Dion Waiters is basically D Wade on crack

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]well, these pics sure make them look like idiots
bowties, malcom in the middle and machine gun kelly at a nba draft , that

DMAVS41
12-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Too early to tell on Bennet, but no matter what happens...the Cavs front office will screw everything up.

They always do. They are a joke...

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2013, 07:47 PM
you clearly havent seen barnes play enough if you think waiter clear cut > barnes
I understand strawman arguments are easier to navigate, but I prefer not to be a part of one.

I made my position pretty clear.

The idea that anyone can consider Dion Waiters a "waste" is baffling to me and it tells me either the person hasn't watched him much or they're just trying to make the Cavs' FO seem worse than it actually is.

We can sit here and debate whether or not he's better than Harrison Barnes and both guys have an argument.

Why don't we debate each others' actual positions instead of making up ones that suit you better.

bolded: maybe because SG position is really lacking and bad right now? and putting flashy number on tanking team cant be compared to contributing as a solid role player on contender.

while waiter whos received more vote for first team all rookie, and kyrie who playin great last year, + tristan the so called solid big keep losing games, barnes going ham against spurs (arguably best team last season) in the playoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWmqETzGlTU

younger, higher ceiling, step up in the playoff,

yes of course waiter is clearly better because he received more all rookie vote:coleman:
I can't imagine anyone thinking that Barnes has a higher ceiling than Waiters. You may not think Dion will ever completely live up to his talent or that Barnes will maximize his skills, but Dion has an incredible amount of talent. He has an elite first step, is built like a tank and he's shooting just under 40% from three this season.

And, Dion received more votes last year for the All-Rookie team because he had a better regular season. I'm not even sure how it's debatable. Barnes did have a really great run in the playoffs and I give him a lot of credit for that, but he was a 9 point/3.5 rebound player in the regular season.

I think he only scored over 20 points two times in the entire regular season.

Meanwhile, Waiters was behind only Lillard in scoring among that rookie class and that was while playing alongside a score-first PG that doesn't really suit Dion well at this stage.

He had flashes of real brilliance last year and he has this year, as well. I just don't think many people are watching him much and they just go with whatever the conventional wisdom was during his first couple months in the league.

Too early to tell on Bennet, but no matter what happens...the Cavs front office will screw everything up.

They always do. They are a joke...

I feel like you're too good a poster for a blanket statement like this without supporting it. If it's too early to tell on Bennett, what is it exactly that makes them a "joke"? Because, as far as I can tell, that has been the only potentially missed high pick they've had. And, as you said... too early.

ILLsmak
12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
I always said going to the D-League after being the number 1 pick was the greatest motivator and catalyst for confidence.

yea... lol.

I think that Cle should have had a talk with dude after they picked him. They should have been like: we picked you as a long term pick because we wanted someone who would be able to stick with us; we're also going all-in for next year's draft, so we don't mind if you take some time to develop. Sit back, enjoy your number 1 paycheck, don't let the whispers worry you, and get ready for the long term.

-Smak