PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota needs to trade Kevin Love first good deal they get.

Connor B
12-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Whether you want to blame Minnesota's failures on Love or not is irrelevant. It doesn't matter. What does matter is that, regardless of how great or not great he actually is, Minnesota needs to get rid of him first good trade they get. He is absolutely going to walk. They aren't a playoff team. And if they are they won't make it past round 1.

For fans, this is very easy to perceive. I'm not telling any of you anything you don't already know. But its the wishful thinking and "win now" mentality of the Minnesota front office that will screw them. The short term is irrelevant if you can't go on a real run this year or next. Unless Lebron goes to Minnesota next year (would be one of the most shocking things in sports history), Minnesota will continue to wallow in mediocrity. Trade Love as soon as possible, for Griffin, for another star, for expirings and rebuild, anything. He is going to walk. Just like Lebron, like how Carmelo will, like Shaq, like countless other stars we've seen it so many ****ing times.

Trentknicks
12-15-2013, 09:35 PM
They are already most of the way through a rebuild. Don't think it's going to ever get any better.

Landed Garnett, couldn't get a decent cast around him for more than a year. Now they have a solidly filled roster, but it just isn't good enough.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Minnesota needs to trade Kevin Love for Pau Gasol and pair him up with Rubio just like the Spanish national team.

cos88
12-15-2013, 09:42 PM
agreed, love will walk 75% imo. pretty sure they can get a good deal for him but they probably want to wait to see how the team looks in february and what are their chances. kahn isn't there so i expect for them to at least consider making a deal.

clear for me that this team that looks good on paper will never do anything in the playoffs, hell they won't even reach it even with a good coach lik adelman.

the same thing jazz did but with 2 guys, it was clear even at the start of 2012 season it's impossible to sign both. they didn't get anything for them and look how bad they look.

SHAQisGOAT
12-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Meanwhile Love putting up 30/9/4 on 11-21 fg, 4-8 3pt, 4-4 ft, with 3 blocks, considerably outplaying Z-Bo, and the T-Wolves getting the W. (just some empty stats)

How you figure though? Not saying I can't see him "walking" but there's some good chances he might stay, and they have the cast to make the playoffs, mostly due to the way Love's been playing though. At the moment, Wolves with a .500 pct in the WC which is stacked right now (especially compared to the East lol). Do you think they will get better along by trading Love and rebuilding?

Anyways, we'll talk at the end of the season but I don't think they should trade him.

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Unless they trade him this season, I doubt they get much for him. Not that he doesn't have value, but unless he gives that respective team assurance he'll re-sign or sign an extension, no one is going to gut their team for a one year rental.

So, the question is, will they trade him this season?

If Love reaches free agency, he's going to want to go to a franchise with clout. He's never been to the playoffs before, and that's been wearing thin on him since the 2012 Olympics. I don't see him mortgaging his legacy for a pretender or incompetent front office (sorry Knicks, that means no :lol )

Too bad the Spurs can't clear up enough cap space to offer him a max...

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Meanwhile Love putting up 30/9/4 on 11-21 fg, 4-8 3pt, 4-4 ft, with 3 blocks, considerably outplaying Z-Bo, and the T-Wolves getting the W. (just some empty stats)

How you figure though? Not saying I can't see him "walking" but there's some good chances he might stay, and they have the cast to make the playoffs, mostly due to the way Love's been playing though. At the moment, Wolves with a .500 pct in the WC which is stacked right now (especially compared to the East lol).

We'll talk at the end of the season but I don't think they should trade him.

Hasn't been hard to outplay Z-Bo this year.

Idk. The Wolves seem to be mediocre per usual, despite assembling a pretty adequate roster of talent around Love and Ricky. If they miss the playoffs again this year, do you think he'll be particularly excited to return to the franchise? I mean, it's not like they've proven they can build a winner, and this is dating back to over a decade.

FireDavidKahn
12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
We will be in the play offs this year. We will start racking up the wins once our schedule gets easier. So far we have had the 3rd toughest schedule and that isn't even factoring in how many back to backs we have had. We will be the 7th/8th seed.

G-Funk
12-15-2013, 09:57 PM
He's a Laker

QuebecBaller
12-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Why are we already talking about Love going to walk? There's 2-3 years until the end of his contract

BlackVVaves
12-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Why are we already talking about Love going to walk? There's 2-3 years until the end of his contract

He isn't a FA in summer 2015?

gts
12-15-2013, 10:10 PM
He isn't a FA in summer 2015? Yeah, he has a player option at the end of next season.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he exercises his option.

Miss Bella
12-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Why would they want to do that? they are never going to get anything close to his value considering the nearing of his contracts ending and no player they'll get in exchange will put them over the top. Even if they did get a handful of serviceable players they'll only be mediocre.

I cannot put my finger on it yet but it is just a small piece missing for the Timberwolves, defense would be a good start though. Pekovic is too slow, a very good offensive rebounder and can score when needed but they are in dire need of someone that can scare people away from the rim and command the paint.

I am thinking of someone like Asik would do great on this team, but trading for him a third team needs to get involved. Maybe Thunder would be interested in Pekovic. But I am way to tired to look at trade ideas right now.

SHAQisGOAT
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM

Idk. The Wolves seem to be mediocre per usual, despite assembling a pretty adequate roster of talent around Love and Ricky. If they miss the playoffs again this year, do you think he'll be particularly excited to return to the franchise? I mean, it's not like they've proven they can build a winner, and this is dating back to over a decade.

He's still scoring 16 points on 13 shots, and over 9 rebounds, in less than 33 minutes. Given the minutes today, he played below his standards, while Love had himself a great game and the W.

Still early to tell, not saying he has a really good cast around but good enough to make the playoffs (tough af in the West though).
Obviously nobody would but again, I think they can make the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed, mostly due to Love's play though. (watched some games and he was able to improve in some areas from what I've seen)

FireDavidKahn
12-15-2013, 10:42 PM

We've had the 3rd hardest schedule in the entire league and played a ton of games back to back. We aren't close to a championship caliber team. I'm happy with a .500 record at this point. If we don't have a >.500 record when we reach, lets say 48 games, then I'll be pissed.

FireDavidKahn
12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Why would they want to do that? they are never going to get anything close to his value considering the nearing of his contracts ending and no player they'll get in exchange will put them over the top. Even if they did get a handful of serviceable players they'll only be mediocre.

I cannot put my finger on it yet but it is just a small piece missing for the Timberwolves, defense would be a good start though. Pekovic is too slow, a very good offensive rebounder and can score when needed but they are in dire need of someone that can scare people away from the rim and command the paint.

I am thinking of someone like Asik would do great on this team, but trading for him a third team needs to get involved. Maybe Thunder would be interested in Pekovic. But I am way to tired to look at trade ideas right now.
Pekovic is weird when you try to talk about him defensively, because he excels and is great at defending and sealing off his own man but his help and weakside defense is horrendous and since he and Love play together our defense in the paint is laughable. But if you actually play close attention to Pek he can shut down his man no problem.

VIntageNOvel
12-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Lakers 2014 pick & whoever not named kobe for k love

he would come to LA anyway, so better take the pick so he can come earlier

jdm_dc_fan
12-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Boston has a lot of picks and young talent. And I know how much timberwolves GM likes Caucasian players (kelly olynik) :lol Lots of young talent. :cheers:

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 04:42 AM
This Timberwolves team reminds of you last years Portland team elite PF, young good PG with quality wings and a better C than Portland last season but the same issue NO BENCH.

They gave away Derrick Williams cause I assume he did not fit the system which does not help the situation, Shved after a solid opening to his rookie season has not done anything and Barea has sucked badly this year. They need to try pull off a trade for a 6th man type player maybe take a chance on Marcus Thornton or someone in that mold.

The Timberwolves unless Kevin Love tells them he's out should do everything to keep him this empty stats shit is just all bull crap if you apply the same thing to every player than 99% of the NBA puts up empty stats....How is it Love's team is 13-13 and he put's up empty stats yet Steph Curry is a beast who impacts the game amazingly and his team 13-12? It's just bs both players are beasts and both put up meaningful statistics.

They need to strengthen there bench and they will be fine

livingby3's
12-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Are the Suns a worthy trade partner?

Suns to trade picks for a star, KLove would fit in the Suns offense/system.

But the backcourt stacked Suns probably have nothing much to offer since Wolves already have Rubio.

niko
12-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, he has a player option at the end of next season.

You mean to opt out right? He's absolutely opting out. Even if he stays. Why wouldn't you? Extend earlier and at bigger money and more years.

El Kabong
12-16-2013, 08:57 AM
T'Wolves will have to seriously consider trading him. Gotta do it while he still has at least 18 months on his contract, you don't want to get into a Melo type situation, go like the Jazz when they traded Deron.

Chicago might not be interested, but see if you can pry Noah off their hands, or maybe Deng + Mirotić + Charlotte's 1st. Butler can fill in for Deng and it'll give Chicago a Rose, Noah, Love trio to try and make a run next season.

Minny can bring Mirotić over next year, who's a highly rated bigman, and re-build around him and Rubio.

GOBB
12-16-2013, 09:01 AM
At seasons end Wolves can have Evan Turner and Pelicans first rd pick for Love.

B-Easy8
12-16-2013, 09:08 AM
We need to keep Love and trade some of our bench/young players and picks for a big that can protect the paint and play a 3 man rotation with Pek and Love.

I want us to go after Sanders whilst his stock is low and run a LAL championship type style with all 3 bigs playing 30+.

Cunningham, Shabazz and a first rounder for Sanders and a vet.

bluechox2
12-16-2013, 09:25 AM
we will give you 2 picks and amare for your re-rebuild

B-Easy8
12-16-2013, 09:25 AM
T'Wolves will have to seriously consider trading him. Gotta do it while he still has at least 18 months on his contract, you don't want to get into a Melo type situation, go like the Jazz when they traded Deron.

Chicago might not be interested, but see if you can pry Noah off their hands, or maybe Deng + Mirotić + Charlotte's 1st. Butler can fill in for Deng and it'll give Chicago a Rose, Noah, Love trio to try and make a run next season.

Minny can bring Mirotić over next year, who's a highly rated bigman, and re-build around him and Rubio.

The only Bull we would want is Butler. They have nothing else of worth to us.

Noah and Pek wouldn't work.

I think he will stay if we start winning.

We need Sanders and Budinger to finally play a damn game.

Nash
12-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Minnesota didn't even offer him the max. Dude is holding all kinds of bad grudge against MInny

Buzissa
12-16-2013, 11:10 AM
We need to keep Love and trade some of our bench/young players and picks for a big that can protect the paint and play a 3 man rotation with Pek and Love.

I want us to go after Sanders whilst his stock is low and run a LAL championship type style with all 3 bigs playing 30+.

Cunningham, Shabazz and a first rounder for Sanders and a vet.

This.
But I wouldn't keep Pek. I mean, he is one of my favorite players in the team, but his trade value would be important in a potential trade.
I would like to see a defensive big man paired with Love. Sanders, as you said, might have the best "quality-trade value ratio".
Then try to develop Dieng to be a decent backup to Sanders or sign a cheap veteran big for that role (Turiaf could do it, too).
Keep Mbah a Moute.
And basically get rid of everyone in the perimeter except for Ricky, Martin and Brewer.

rock la familia
12-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Griffin for love

jbryan1984
12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
We were offering TT plus picks (including the #1) earlier this year.

pegasus
12-16-2013, 01:57 PM
We'll give them Boozer+Deng+our pick+Bobcats' pick+rights to Mirotic+dust on Jordan's statue for Love and trash.

VIntageNOvel
12-16-2013, 02:00 PM
We were offering TT plus picks (including the #1) earlier this year.

waiter + TT + bennet + pick for K.Love

sign Nate Robinson

hire Bill Russel

Profit!

JordanL
12-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah, he has a player option at the end of next season.

Don't the Kings have a ton of capspace then? With IT, DWill, Cousins and McLemore still signed? And Gay coming off his contract?

Might not be a bad spot, although they're not much better than Minnesota right now. I guess I really believe that Sac is going to be much better next year, there's just too much talent on that team to do poorly next year.

gts
12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Don't the Kings have a ton of capspace then? With IT, DWill, Cousins and McLemore still signed? And Gay coming off his contract?

Might not be a bad spot, although they're not much better than Minnesota right now. I guess I really believe that Sac is going to be much better next year, there's just too much talent on that team to do poorly next year.

Not sure of the Kings cap space situation, a quick look shows they do have room that summer but next summer they have some decisions to make that could effect them long term...I think the new ownership is headed in the right direction, players see this, their agents see it...

JordanL
12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Not sure of the Kings cap space situation, a quick look shows they do have room that summer but next summer they have some decisions to make that could effect them long term...I think the new ownership is headed in the right direction, players see this, their agents see it...

Kings could be a very interesting destination for Love. It depends on where the Kings are at that point, and what Love is looking for out of his next contract.

Playing Love next to a legit Center though could be scary for the rest of the league.

Sarcastic
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Love will 100% use his player option and become a free agent. Minnesota low balled him with the current contract. He should have been given the max $80 million, but instead the Wolves cheated him out of $20 million with their cheapskate $60 million deal.

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 07:02 PM

I don't think so they will have to re-sign Isaiah Thomas to a decent deal, Rudy Gay will pick up the 19million dollar option and Cousins max deal kicks in and to top it all off we still got Thornton making 8 million a season to do nothing. The cap space comes the year after next with Thronton, Gay and I think Outlaw coming off contract which is 30million coming off the books.

JordanL
12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't think so they will have to re-sign Isaiah Thomas to a decent deal, Rudy Gay will pick up the 19million dollar option and Cousins max deal kicks in and to top it all off we still got Thornton making 8 million a season to do nothing. The cap space comes the year after next with Thronton, Gay and I think Outlaw coming off contract which is 30million coming off the books.

That's the year Love gets off his contract too. That was my point.

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 07:34 PM
That's the year Love gets off his contract too. That was my point.
O ok I thought you meant next season my bad, funny thing is the Timberwolves could have had a frontline of Love/Pek/Cousins had they not drafted Wes Johnson.