PDA

View Full Version : Bigger gap: Lebron's offense or George's defense?

D-Wade316
12-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Between the two. I'd say Lebron's offense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-16-2013, 05:22 AM
In general Lebrons offense. This season tho Georges defense

Teanett
12-16-2013, 05:26 AM
lebron is better in both.

VIntageNOvel
12-16-2013, 05:46 AM
the gap between lebron hairline and forehead

moe94
12-16-2013, 07:00 AM
24 PPG on 46% shooting

vs

25 PPG on 59% shooting

:coleman:

gts
12-16-2013, 12:22 PM
24 PPG on 46% shooting

vs

25 PPG on 59% shooting

:coleman:

2 made shots a game more isn't some drastic difference when you consider George takes twice as many 3's as James does

K Xerxes
12-16-2013, 01:01 PM
PG is a better man defender but I'd say Bron is a more impactful help defender.

And honestly, I believe help defense is more important, especially in this league, so have to still give the defensive edge to Bron IMO.

George is a long long way off peak Bron.

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM
LeBron is better in on both sides of the court.

I like Paul George as much as the next guy, but let's not start getting ridiculous.

pegasus
12-16-2013, 01:38 PM
PG is the better man-to-man defender. Anyone who says otherwise is a homer. PG also has better ball handling skills and is the superior shooter (don't give me Lebron's FG% BS). Lebron is the better help defender, has better court vision and passing ability.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2013, 01:41 PM
The gap between their offense is larger. LeBron's playmaking alone makes him a threat.

PG's game is still pretty raw, IMO.

K Xerxes
12-16-2013, 01:50 PM
PG is the better man-to-man defender. Anyone who says otherwise is a homer. PG also has better ball handling skills and is the superior shooter (don't give me Lebron's FG% BS). Lebron is the better help defender, has better court vision and passing ability.

PG is a better shooter but LeBron is still easily a better scorer, no matter how he gets his points.

Not exactly sure how PG is a better ball handler.

IMO, the only aspects of the game PG is better at is man defense and shooting. He's nowhere near Bron atm.

pauk
12-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I dont understand this question entirely.... Lebron is better at both and Paul is closer to Lebron defensively than he is offensively... defensively they have essentially similar man defense at best but Lebron does that to more / any other positions, hence the better help defense and is also a smarter & more vocal leader there orchestrating/warning the team defense...

pauk
12-16-2013, 02:20 PM

I know you hate Lebron with all your heart... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293928 but please dont overrate Paul George...

Haks
12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Idiots in this thread.
Comparing lebrons man to man defence to PG is just stupid. Lebron guards the best player on the opposing team for a minimum stretch whilst Paul george guards the best player on the opposing team every minute he is on the floor basically what tony allen does and still puts up 25ppg on 46% shooting. If we are going by this season alone then paul george shits on lebrons defence.
Also lebron is a great help defender however its getting very overrated when the entire perimeter is covered with really good help defenders (chalmers+wade+battier+cole) so lets not overrate lebrons impact on defence.
However to answer your question OP the gap offensively is bigger but only just.

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Let's see PG shut down guys like Parker or Rose and then talk to me about his man defense.

I really don't know where this myth of LeBron being a poor man defender came from, but retards are running with it. Probably started the same way they are currently trying to pitch that efficiency is a negative. If 1 idiot says it enough times, the other idiots that don't even understand the difference run with it.

Haks
12-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Let's see PG shut down guys like Parker or Rose and then talk to me about his man defense.

I really don't know where this myth of LeBron being a poor man defender came from, but retards are running with it. Probably started the same way they are currently trying to pitch that efficiency is a negative. If 1 idiot says it enough times, the other idiots that don't even understand the difference run with it.
Because lebron guarded them the entire game right. Genius

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Because lebron guarded them the entire game right. Genius
How does it matter if he did or didn't? Spoelstra is actually smart enough to realize you need to put your best defender on different players depending on which line up is on the floor. :hammerhead:

You don't just stick your best defender on the same guy regardless of which lineup either team has on the floor. Sometimes is most important/advantageous to have him on Parker, sometimes it's best to have him on Leonard.

It's almost as if, the way the lineups match up changes defensive schemes:hammerhead:

Trollsmasher
12-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Yeah, PG is a great man to man defender because he guards the opposition's best player (which has to be either 2 or 3, because he can't guard anyone else) for the whole game, even though he always gets owned and can't really shutdown anybody:lol

The only reason he is ever in a conversation for a good defender is Hibbert covering his ass.

Dem anti-LeBron mythos:bowdown:

Haks
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
How does it matter if he did or didn't? Spoelstra is actually smart enough to realize you need to put your best defender on different players depending on which line up is on the floor. :hammerhead:

You don't just stick your best defender on the same guy regardless of which lineup either team has on the floor. Sometimes is most important/advantageous to have him on Parker, sometimes it's best to have him on Leonard.

It's almost as if, the way the lineups match up changes defensive schemes:hammerhead:
so because he shuts down rose and parker at the end of games (where fatigue peaks) and both have suspect jump shots he is a shutdown man to man defender.
Again youre a genius.

pegasus
12-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Miami's double teaming, which is their second best defensive strategy is executed by, guess what, 2 players. If Lebron happens to be the one guarding the point guard for a few possessions, it doesn't mean he is doing it by himself. Don't you guys watch any games?

And in case you were wondering, their best defensive strategy is reaching/pushing/smacking and knowing that, as Pat Riley says, refs won't call every foul and they'll get away with some if not most. And when they do get fouled, every Miami player argues with the refs without getting T'd up.

PG plays man-to-man defense without getting much help, mostly isolated against the league's best offensive players, night in and night out, and for every minute he is on the floor. Now, that's impressive, and that's why he will be the DPOY before Lebron one day.

Black and White
12-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Is this thread for real? Looking over some of the posts im amazed at how some posters are attempting to discredit Georges defense to prop up LeBron,

LeBron is the better offensive player, and George is the better defensive player, Georges commitment on defense this year is miles ahead of LeBron (because Bron is probably coasting) but the notion that LeBron is a better defender is insane, he gets a little overrated here, hes a great defender, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't always pick up the best perimeter player and defend him the whole game, George stays on that player for the duration of the game while also putting up solid numbers on the offensive end, give the guy some credit man.

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Is this thread for real? Looking over some of the posts im amazed at how some posters are attempting to discredit Georges defense to prop up LeBron,

LeBron is the better offensive player, and George is the better defensive player, Georges commitment on defense this year is miles ahead of LeBron (because Bron is probably coasting) but the notion that LeBron is a better defender is insane, he gets a little overrated here, hes a great defender, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't always pick up the best perimeter player and defend him the whole game, George stays on that player for the duration of the game while also putting up solid numbers on the offensive end, give the guy some credit man.
This is just simply not true.

George is great, but the hype train is beginning to go a little bit off the rails.

All Net
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
George is a better man to man but that's where it ends.

Black and White
12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
This is just simply not true.

George is great, but the hype train is beginning to go a little bit off the rails.

Im talking about this season, not their careers

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Im talking about this season, not their careers
It's halfway through December :roll:

Black and White
12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
It's halfway through December :roll:

This season so far??? comeon man, use your head

Trollsmasher
12-16-2013, 05:14 PM
I am still waiting for those great things PG does on defense??

He is not versatile, he is not a great rebounder, he is not a great help defender, he can't shut down anybody man to man. He is not even that great at using his great lenght in the passing lanes... So is there a thing he is actually good at on defense apart from letting people drive by him (with Mr Verticality waiting under the basket) and trying to poke the ball away from behind?

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 05:18 PM
This season so far??? comeon man, use your head
Keep in mind, George has the Luxury of having a defensive player better than himself on his team to clean up any mistakes he makes. You think LeBron wouldn't clamp down more if he had Hibbert behind him cleaning up?

Black and White
12-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Keep in mind, George has the Luxury of having a defensive player better than himself on his team to clean up any mistakes he makes. You think LeBron wouldn't clamp down more if he had Hibbert behind him cleaning up?

Yea your right, im not denying that, George does have the luxury of being able to take risks on defense, but hey, thanks to that reason he has been better so far (also because LeBron is coasting)

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Yea your right, im not denying that, George does have the luxury of being able to take risks on defense, but hey, thanks to that reason he has been better so far (also because LeBron is coasting)
No it isn't. When he does take a bad risk, Hibbert gets the credit for fixing it, not George. when he blows the play, what happens next has nothing to do with him.

livinglegend
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Miami's double teaming, which is their second best defensive strategy is executed by, guess what, 2 players. If Lebron happens to be the one guarding the point guard for a few possessions, it doesn't mean he is doing it by himself. Don't you guys watch any games?

And in case you were wondering, their best defensive strategy is reaching/pushing/smacking and knowing that, as Pat Riley says, refs won't call every foul and they'll get away with some if not most. And when they do get fouled, every Miami player argues with the refs without getting T'd up.

PG plays man-to-man defense without getting much help, mostly isolated against the league's best offensive players, night in and night out, and for every minute he is on the floor. Now, that's impressive, and that's why he will be the DPOY before Lebron one day.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
So Pacers players dont play any help defense? Having Hibbert in the paint ( DPOY till now) doesnt help PG?

NumberSix
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
So Pacers players dont play any help defense? Having Hibbert in the paint ( DPOY till now) doesnt help PG?
People aren't interested in logic. One dude literally just said that George is a better defender because when he blows a play Hibbert cleans it up for him. lol.

russwest0
12-16-2013, 05:42 PM
If people say anything other than George's defense they aren't watching the games. LeBron is a defensive liability in man to man and transition if he keeps playing like this. Look at vs the Pacers, the dude just couldn't hold his own, he thought he got fouled one play and was pouting and walking slowly back while the Pacers took advantage of the 4v5 and got a 3. Same thing happened vs the Pistons. For every chasedown block LeBron gets (almost never anymore) he gets burned/shows lazy ass effort 10x more.

I don't really consider George an offensive liability at all so it's easily George's defense that has the bigger gap.