PDA

View Full Version : (SHITTY) Report: Rondo to Kings possible

DStebb716
12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/530352/20131216/nba-trade-news-rumors.htm

This source blows, but I figured I would throw it on here since it's all over twitter.

The report has the trade as:

Kings get: Rondo, Wallace
Celtics get: Isaiah Thomas, McLemore, Marcus Thornton, Jason Thompson and pick(s).

kurple
12-16-2013, 03:29 PM
i'm really looking forward to seeing rondo play with the current celtics

all they really need is a good big man IMO

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Rondo with gay cousins?

I assume this may come as a surprise

BlackWhiteGreen
12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Kings can't trade any picks until '19, so no this won't happen.

I LOVE that deal though, as much as I love Rondo, we get an absolute steal getting rid of Wallace and gaining IT, McLemore and 2 picks

Real Men Wear Green
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM
The Kings do seem to give up a lot in that trade but a trade where the Cs get a ton of talent is the kind of deal that needs to be made if Rondo is moved. Not sure about the source of course, only one out of every 50 trade rumors is valid.

Black and White
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Mclemore on the c's?? Yes please, i like rondo and want to keep him on the team but we are rebuiling, so to get rid of wallaces contract and bring in IT and Mclemore and picks all while saving money??? DEAL

CelticBaller
12-16-2013, 04:18 PM
If this happens we'll rape the kings badly :oldlol:

Black and White
12-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Us celtics fans ask the kings right now "where do we sign" :cheers:

Darius
12-16-2013, 04:25 PM
lmao that trade would be highway robbery for celts.

Levity
12-16-2013, 04:31 PM
So Jimmer gets all the minutes at SG he can handle?? :oldlol:

If this were real, i would imagine Lee or even Bradley would have to be added. Both make sense for the Kings seeing as Malone really likes his defense oriented players and the kings are lacking one on the perimeter.

cuad
12-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Rondo to the Kings has been in the rumor mill forever, but this particular trade makes no sense for the Kings because 1) they don't have any picks to trade, 2) they create a hole at the position Jason Thompson plays, and 3) they create a hole at SG. This is all for a player who might only be marginally better than Isaiah Thomas if at all.

Le Shaqtus
12-16-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't want to see Rondo waste his career away :(

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't want to see Rondo waste his career away :(

If rondo is an elite point guard he won't be wasting his career with the duo of his lengthy gay cousins surrounding him

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Kings get ass raped into oblivion, I would not do Thomas + lottery Picks for Rondo let alone adding Mclemore, Kings are way better off just waiting for the draft and getting a athletic shot blocking C/PF in either the Cameroon kid or Willie Cauley Stein it's kind of the final piece we need to a potential play off team as well as a veteran PG to pair with Thomas.

Shade8780
12-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I like Rondo, but we arent going anywhere with this team but no man's land. Yes please :banana:

Shade8780
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Kings get ass raped in oblivion, I would not do Thomas + lottery Picks for Rondo let alone adding Mclemore, Kings are way better off just waiting for the draft and getting a athletic shot blocking C/PF in either the Cameroon kid or Willie Cauley Stein.
"The Cameroon kid" is called Joel Embiid and has a chance to go #1 in the Draft, while WCS is probably going early-late teens. I doubt the Kings with Gay and Boogie are gonna be bad enough to get in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

Miles and Miles
12-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I agree... "Shitty Report"

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 06:49 PM
What the **** ever happened to Tyus Edney? he was like an extremely shitty version of Rondo. You're not a real Sacramento Kings fan if you don't know who in the **** Tyus Edney is.

Solefade
12-16-2013, 06:49 PM
please make this happen Kings NEED Rondo so bad. leadership has been missing from the Kings ever since the Adelman era.

andremiller07
12-16-2013, 06:52 PM
"The Cameroon kid" is called Joel Embiid and has a chance to go #1 in the Draft, while WCS is probably going early-late teens. I doubt the Kings with Gay and Boogie are gonna be bad enough to get in the top 10, let alone the top 5.
I'd still be happy with WCS than, but yeah Joel looks insane what a talent. Are there any other elite shot blockers coming out those are the only two I seen so far?

Shade8780
12-16-2013, 06:53 PM
I'd still be happy with WCS than, but yeah Joel looks insane what a talent. Are there any other elite shot blockers coming out those are the only two I seen so far?
Not really, those are the only two right now.

Nash
12-16-2013, 07:00 PM
i'm really looking forward to seeing rondo play with the current celtics

all they really need is a good big man IMO
Rondo, Green + one other big free agency signing would make this team contender again.

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
lol i can tell most of you so called kings fans basically hopped on the kings bandwagon when webber and white chocolate arrived, and never followed them in the early to mid 90s. y'all clowns aren't real kings fans, cause if some of y'all were real kings fans y'all woulda rode with them during the shitty mitch richmond era:oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
12-16-2013, 07:32 PM
What the **** ever happened to Tyus Edney? he was like an extremely shitty version of Rondo. You're not a real Sacramento Kings fan if you don't know who in the **** Tyus Edney is.

He went to europe, and won Euroleague, with my hometown team... greatest memories ever, dude was awesome on and off the court... class.

Loved him.

MiseryCityTexas
12-16-2013, 07:35 PM
He went to europe, and won Euroleague, with my hometown team... greatest memories ever, dude was awesome on and off the court... class.

Loved him.

Hell yeah. Even though Tyus had one solid year in the NBA and then pretty much sucked ass after that, He did pave the way for future UCLA Bruins/NBA point guards Baron Davis and Russell Westbrook. I watched a lot of Kings games in teh mid 90s, and Edney did show slight flashes that he belonged in the nba, but for some reason he just sucked ass after his rookie year.

DStebb716
12-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Kings can't trade any picks until '19, so no this won't happen.

I LOVE that deal though, as much as I love Rondo, we get an absolute steal getting rid of Wallace and gaining IT, McLemore and 2 picks

Kings could come to a separate agreement with the Cavs to skip a year or modify the clauses of that.

Or they could acquire a first separately to make sure they have the ability to move picks.
If they acquired a 2015 first then they could move both the 2014 and 2016 picks if they just reverse the clauses of the Cavs deal. Something like: Boston gets the 2016 pick if it's between 1-9, Cavs get it if it's any other position. Same with 2014 but they'd be unlikely to give that up, so maybe make it: Celtics get the 2014 pick if it's 6-12, Cavs if 13+. If the Celtics don't get a pick then they get an unprotected first in the future. Blah blah.

It's doable.

andremiller07
12-17-2013, 08:59 AM
If the Kings needs a pass first PG they should trade for Andre Miller, he's a perfect fit with his ability to both pass and score he can easily slide in as a 6th man and make the scrubs (minus D-Thrill) on the bench better. He's on a two year deal as well which makes the time frame perfect.

I know Denver was somewhat interested moving Faried since him and Hickson essentially bring the same thing and if they do move Faried maybe that could open up a deal like this

Andre Miller for Carl Landry (assuming he's healthy before trade deadline)

Why the Nuggets might do it: If they do indeed move Faried brining in Carl Landry gives them a skilled/low post scoring player they have no had since Nene and makes them more dangerous come playoffs(assuming they make it) and in general. The thing that's a massive draw back is that Landry is on a 4 year deal so not sure the Nuggets want that.

The move also might open up more playing time for Fournier who they really should be developing.

The Rondo deal as it's set out is beyond idiotic only a moron would pull the trigger on that deal.

kurple
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Miller
McGee
Fournier

-4-

Jimmer
Thornton
Landry

kurple
12-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Or just Miller -4- Landry if we can find another team to trade for Hickson

not sure why we would move Faried

andremiller07
12-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Or just Miller -4- Landry if we can find another team to trade for Hickson

not sure why we would move Faried
Not sure why they signed Hickson tbh than, but yeah I doubt Denver does the other trade you give up the best player and player with most potential in that deal plus Cousins and McGee on one team is just to much for any human being coaching but shit for entertainment purposes I'd be all for that lol.

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
If I were the Celtics I'd do that deal without the picks. McLemore is the piece I'd want. I'm not even a huge fan of Thomas. Although I like him better as a bench spark plug, so if they kept pushing the Jordan Crawford PG experiment.

I fully expect the Nets to come back to the pack a bit. There's just too much talent when it's all healthy. They're not the contender we envisioned, but I suspect they'll catch the Atlantic and win the division regardless.

As for their own draft pick, the lotto is the lotto for a reason. Being dead last isn't a guarantee for anything. If they're picking 5-8, they're hoping to add Smart or Exum at PG anyway if they're just drafting to the talent board and not position. Unless Embiid fell to them somehow.

Bass is the real tanking piece. Because he's not good enough to fetch anything of serious value. His game is only valuable to contending teams in that he brings a specific skill set, a bit who can stretch the floor a bit, so only contending teams would be looking for him, which isn't even going to yield good picks, nor would they give up any genuine young assets. And Bass doesn't make enough money as an expirer to sweat keeping him. If you move him, it's simply stripping veteran presence from the roster.
(That said, Bass would be a good fit in Portland next to Aldridge for short stretches. I don't know what their pick situation is, but the C's would maybe accept what would be a late first for Bass there.)

I would say the same about Gerald Wallace, but dumping his contract has tons of value in and of itself, even if you don't get anything back.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Bass is certainly worth a late first, he's an underrated defender and is automatic from midrange. I think he'd be great on an Eastern conference playoff team to do occasional time on LeBron/Melo and maybe George, though George may be too quick for him. The problem is, Nets have no assets, Hawks don't need another 4, and after that no one is really serious in the playoffs imo (Washington maybe, but I don't know about their pick situation).

Portland don't have picks as far as I'm aware

wally_world
12-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Losing McLemore hurts, but if i were the Kings i'd do it. When you're getting what is by far the best player in the deal, you can never be too wrong.

Rondo
Gay
Wallace
DWill
Cousins

nathanjizzle
12-17-2013, 01:02 PM
rondo to bulls :cheers:

CelticBaller
12-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Lol keep D bum

BlackWhiteGreen
12-17-2013, 01:12 PM

Mirotic, Charlotte pick, Deng, Chicago pick

Ill Will
12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
don't see it happening

kurple
12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Bass is certainly worth a late first, he's an underrated defender and is automatic from midrange. I think he'd be great on an Eastern conference playoff team
Heat of Pacers?

red1
12-17-2013, 03:20 PM
bad trade for the kings

CeltsGarlic
12-17-2013, 03:50 PM
http://images.rapgenius.com/e378bffab0535eed7ed0665748a78ae4.500x310x17.gif

DStebb716
12-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Since nobody else posted it: Sam Amick said both teams have said that they haven't held discussions involving any players and have no plans to.

unbreakable
12-17-2013, 08:36 PM
pathetic celtic fans hoping to rape whoever they can deal rondo to...

i hope yall get the 8th seed since u dont know how to properly tank. scrubs.

CelticBaller
12-17-2013, 08:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/revEvvO.gif
Sorry, Rondo will never play for the knicks.

kurple
12-17-2013, 08:40 PM
i have no idea what boston is trying to do if they move rondo.

they are clearly too good to tank

Solefade
12-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Here's a source more creditable than OP's:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/17/donny-marshall-rajon-rando-part-of-trade-brewing-between-celtics-kings/