PDA

View Full Version : Favorite games of 2013?

Heavincent
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
1. The Last of Us

2. Killzone Shadow Fall
3. GTA V
4. NBA 2K14 (PS4)
5. Bioshock Infinite
6. Splinter Cell Blacklist
7. Tomb Raider

Still need to check out AC IV. Been hearing good things about it.

Qwyjibo
12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
In order:

1. Bioshock Infinite
2. GTA 5
3. Rogue Legacy
4. The Last of Us
5. Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
6. Guacamelee!
7. Fire Emblem Awakening
8. Gran Turismo 6
9. Batman Arkham Origins

I still haven't played but planning to: Ni no Kuni, Beyond Two Souls, Rayman Legends, and Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Rose
12-16-2013, 08:31 PM
1. Tomb Raider

2. AC 4
3. Super Mario 3D World

4. Pokemon X

5. 2K14 PS4 edition

Honorable mentions: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and shockingly Remember Me.

Remember Me I think would have done much better sales/reviews wise if the combat system wasn't completely and entirely ass backwards. When the game drops to 20 it's worth it. I got it on a PSN sale for 13 and don't regret it.

Going to play: Bioshock Infinite, and Beyond Two Souls for sure.

Burgz V2
12-16-2013, 09:31 PM
In order:

1. Bioshock Infinite
2. GTA 5
3. Rogue Legacy
4. The Last of Us
5. Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
6. Guacamelee!
7. Fire Emblem Awakening
8. Gran Turismo 6
9. Batman Arkham Origins

I still haven't played but planning to: Ni no Kuni, Beyond Two Souls, Rayman Legends, and Shin Megami Tensei 4.

I've played it, extremely well done game, you should really get to it soon. Don't imagine it would be pricey either, easy trade in.

Qwyjibo
12-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I've played it, extremely well done game, you should really get to it soon. Don't imagine it would be pricey either, easy trade in.
I have it, bought it on sale about a month ago. I just know it's a very long game so I want to get a few others done first before I dive into it.

clipse026
12-16-2013, 10:23 PM
I have it, bought it on sale about a month ago. I just know it's a very long game so I want to get a few others done first before I dive into it.
$10 on PSN last week? I wish I waited for sales sometimes but I am impatient :lol. That game is well worth it though.

Bioshock Infinite
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Ni no Kuni
Sly 4
GTA 5
AC 4
Papers, Please

Still need to get around to SMT4, The Last of Us, Remember Me

rhythmic
12-16-2013, 10:24 PM
1) The Last of Us
2) GTA V
3) Infinite
4) Tomb Raider

I believe are the only games I even played this year besides Ghosts and Battlefield 4. Even though Tomb Raider is last on the list, I do want to stress that it's a freaking great game. Unfortunately those other titles are just a bit better.

Burgz V2
12-17-2013, 12:19 AM

It is. If you're big on completion % in games like me, you'll need the time.

On a side note: I don't have a ranking. Aside from Ni no Kuni, AC 4, Batman AO and GTAV (only bits and pieces) I haven't really played anything else and haven't finished any of those games.

Too busy with school, but come Wednesday I'm buying a new TV. Gonna save this thread and see what you guys liked this year.

macmac
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
1. Gta 5
2. Ni no Kuni
3. Last of Us
4 AC 4
5. Nba 2k14
6 rayman legends
7 Bioschock Infinite

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
The only stuff I remember was

1 TLoU
2 GTAV
3 Tomb Raider
4 Thomas Was Alone, which was a weird DLable Platformer that I finished in a couple days, but was really good.

AC4 and Batman I plan to be my first to PS4 games after the new year.

macmac
12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
The only stuff I remember was

1 TLoU
2 GTAV
3 Tomb Raider
4 Thomas Was Alone, which was a weird DLable Platformer that I finished in a couple days, but was really good.

AC4 and Batman I plan to be my first to PS4 games after the new year.

Haven't played tomb raider yet is it worth playing when it comes out on ps4?

glidedrxlr22
12-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Games I completed...in order by favorite:

Diablo 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The Last of US
Tomb Raider
Far Cry 3
Halo 4
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ascension
Crysis 3
Hitman: Absolution
Killzone Shadow Fall
Dead Island Riptide
Binary Domain
Doom 3 BFG Edition

glidedrxlr22
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Yes....great game.

rhythmic
12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Games I completed...in order by favorite:

Diablo 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The Last of US
Tomb Raider
Far Cry 3
Halo 4
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ascension
Crysis 3
Hitman: Absolution
Killzone Shadow Fall
Dead Island Riptide
Binary Domain
Doom 3 BFG Edition

I'm a big fan of Conviction, but is Blacklist seriously this good?
I think I might have to get it now, you convinced me bro.

Hitman: Absolution was a great game too, totally forgot I played it. Same with GOW: Ascension.

rhythmic
12-17-2013, 01:08 PM

It's a more serious Uncharted with upgrading and exploration elements added. I think you're a big Skyrim fan, right? So this game should be your type of game.

Fantastic game, I feel like the overall ratings are way too low for it from the critics.

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2013, 01:13 PM

If you like Uncharted Tomb Raider is a no brainer. There were many things I liked better about it even, particularly the upgrades and stuff.

And at the same time it had some flaws. No new game plus was baffling considering upgrading the weapons took a pretty complete playthrough, so you only have your maxed out guns for the very end.

But overall it was a great experience.

glidedrxlr22
12-17-2013, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Scholar
12-17-2013, 05:59 PM
1. The Last of Us
2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
3. Grand Theft Auto V

I believe these are the only games I've played that came out in 2013. All the other games I played are 2012 or earlier, such as Saints Row the Third, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 2, etc.

I want to play Tombraider, but I think I'll wait a bit. I also want to try out Gran Turismo 6 and the new Batman, but a price drop is what I'll be expecting before I bite the trigger.

Shade8780
12-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Do I need to have played the earlier ACs to understand Black Flag?

Heavincent
12-17-2013, 06:24 PM

I haven't played Black Flag yet, but it's an entirely new character and time period, so probably not (although I think the protagonist is the grandfather of Connor from AC III).

Rake2204
12-17-2013, 06:42 PM
I only played two new games this year: Bioshock Infinite and Grand Theft Auto V. I felt GTA V delivered, but Bioshock probably hit me the hardest. I was absolutely engrossed in that thing. Bioshocks usually aren't my preferred genre, but Infinite was one of my favorite games of all-time.

I also bought Beautiful Katamari this year, which isn't new, but it was new to me, and it was great. So I guess:

1. Bioshock Infinite
2. GTA V
3. Beautiful Katamari

Scholar
12-17-2013, 07:49 PM

No.

As far as I can tell from the few days I've spent playing it, the game doesn't involve the former main characters, such as Desmond Miles or his Assassin buddies. Maybe they'll be referenced later in the game (If anybody knows this for sure, please don't tell me), but I doubt it'll leave you out of the loop.

The AC games are pretty good, though, so if you have the time between school and whatever else you might do with your spare time, check them out. Just start with AC II. You don't need to play the 1st one since the 2nd one already covers everything noteworthy from the 1st game.

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM

I haven't played it yet either, but as for the overarching story of Desmond and the animus and the modern day templars and assassins ... I'll say the same thing I did in the last game. Who gives a shit? Just give me a cool area to free run around and collect stuff and put together a decent story. And I'm a pretty story heavy dude. But I've found the modern day sections of AC insufferable.

Kungfro
12-18-2013, 03:13 AM
Barely touched any console games this year, spent most my time gaming on 3ds. Also been playing a decent amount of Vita since getting it, though the only vita games I played were Persona 4 (which took 80 hours to complete) and Gravity Rush, which both came out last year. As for my favorite 3DS games from this year, my list would probably be something like this.

1. Etrian Odyssey IV
2. Animal Crossing
3. Luigi's Mansion
4. Etrian Odyssey Untold
5. Pokemon X/Y
6. HarmoKnight
7. Legend of Zelda: A link between worlds
8. Mighty Switch Force 2
9. Attack of the Friday Monsters
10. Soul Hackers
11. The Starship Damrey
12. Denpa Men 2

Still have to get Fire Emblem, and I recently got SMT 4 but haven't had had a chance to play it yet.

Qwyjibo
12-18-2013, 11:29 AM
and I recently got SMT 4 but haven't had had a chance to play it yet.
Same here. I feel like the moment I start playing that or Ni no Kuni, I won't be able to play anything else for weeks.

glidedrxlr22
12-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm gonna have to give Bioshock Infinite a try. It's on many lists here. It's only $20 now. :rockon:

Shade8780
12-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I haven't played it yet either, but as for the overarching story of Desmond and the animus and the modern day templars and assassins ... I'll say the same thing I did in the last game. Who gives a shit? Just give me a cool area to free run around and collect stuff and put together a decent story. And I'm a pretty story heavy dude. But I've found the modern day sections of AC insufferable.
Alright. What AC did you start on?

Shade8780
12-18-2013, 03:17 PM
No.

As far as I can tell from the few days I've spent playing it, the game doesn't involve the former main characters, such as Desmond Miles or his Assassin buddies. Maybe they'll be referenced later in the game (If anybody knows this for sure, please don't tell me), but I doubt it'll leave you out of the loop.

The AC games are pretty good, though, so if you have the time between school and whatever else you might do with your spare time, check them out. Just start with AC II. You don't need to play the 1st one since the 2nd one already covers everything noteworthy from the 1st game.
Thanks.

nightprowler10
12-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm a big fan of Conviction, but is Blacklist seriously this good?
I think I might have to get it now, you convinced me bro.
It shits on Conviction. I'm thinking about not selling it at all.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2013, 07:01 PM
I think I only played GTA and 2k this year...

1) GTA V
2) 2k14

Maybe some 2013 PC games, but I can't remember any of them.