PDA

View Full Version : FACT: The Miami Heat have won ...

cos88
12-17-2013, 07:49 AM
17 straight against the Western Conference, which is the second longest streak as such in NBA history.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Suguru101
12-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Western conference teams don't really faze Miami, Indiana on the other hand... -.-'

AintNoSunshine
12-17-2013, 07:57 AM
17 straight against the Western Conference, which is the second longest streak as such in NBA history.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That's amazing, goes to show how tough the East is.

wait..

What's the record anyway

fiddy
12-17-2013, 08:04 AM
The streak to end on the 28th

ripthekik
12-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Well, that's the luxury of constantly playing weak Eastern teams on your schedule, so you have fresher legs, more rest, and time to prepare against strong West teams. In the West everyday is war, not a walk in the park that Heat goes through, playing bobcats, celtics, sixers, wizards, bucks everyday.

Same reason why they have an advantage in the finals, after playing Raptors/Magic, whathaveyou in the first and second round.

LEFT4DEAD
12-17-2013, 08:11 AM
No surprise here. Western conference` no-defense teams dont stand a chance against the Heat.

moe94
12-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, that's the luxury of constantly playing weak Eastern teams on your schedule, so you have fresher legs, more rest, and time to prepare against strong West teams. In the West everyday is war, not a walk in the park that Heat goes through, playing bobcats, celtics, sixers, wizards, bucks everyday.

Same reason why they have an advantage in the finals, after playing Raptors/Magic, whathaveyou in the first and second round.
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Fresh-Prince-Of-Bell-Airs-Dissaproving-Stare-Reaction-Gif.gif

AI Thornton
12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Heat have yet to play any of the top 3 West teams this season (Blazers/Thunder/Spurs).

rock la familia
12-17-2013, 09:03 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Fresh-Prince-Of-Bell-Airs-Dissaproving-Stare-Reaction-Gif.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

MiseryCityTexas
12-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Pacers, Pistons, and Heat are still the only good teams on the eastern conference though. You're supposed to be better than all other western conference teams if you have three allstars that's still in their primes.

longhornfan1234
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Pacers, Pistons, and Heat are still the only good teams on the eastern conference though. You're supposed to be better than all other western conference teams if you have three allstars that's still in their primes.

Wade is not in his prime...

PJR
12-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Of course the Miami Heat handle the soft finesse teams of the Western Conference with ease.

Only team in the West that is capable of beating Miami in a 7 games series is the Spurs. Every other team get dispatched in 6 games or less.

MetsPackers
12-17-2013, 10:03 AM

oh he mad

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/7/3/bhsn_miami_heat_payr/_jcr_content/contentpar/articleBody/image.img.jpg/1341319422604.jpg

rationalize more, your tears taste so sweet

fiddy
12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
rationalize more, your tears taste so salty
Troll properly, son. Fixed that for you.

Fresh Kid
12-17-2013, 10:28 AM
knicks will get better too, be patient on us.

Fresh Kid
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
oh he mad

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/7/3/bhsn_miami_heat_payr/_jcr_content/contentpar/articleBody/image.img.jpg/1341319422604.jpg

rationalize more, your tears taste so sweet
and you supposed to be a knick fan???:biggums: what a horrible poster:facepalm

imdaman99
12-17-2013, 10:42 AM
and you supposed to be a knick fan???:biggums: what a horrible poster:facepalm
Knicks fan who is also a Heat fan... gotta love the phonies :bowdown:

Fresh Kid
12-17-2013, 10:50 AM
yea man he lost his damn mind:facepalm

#number6ix#
12-17-2013, 10:57 AM
West coast can't fvck wit us...

fiddy
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
West coast can't fvck wit us...
:roll:

I<3NBA
12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
but, but, but - the west is so stacked!

branslowski
12-17-2013, 12:30 PM
but, but, but - the west is so stacked!

So Heat beating the worst team in the West last night changed the fact that a 13-12 record gets you a 3 seed in the East while that same 13-12 record gets you only the 9th seed in the West?...Interesting...:coleman:

chocolatethunder
12-17-2013, 12:33 PM
As evidenced by last night's game.

All Net
12-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Impressive, yes West is still super stacked that doesn't change anything. Just because Miami are the Champions doesn't mean West is any less great.

Andrei89
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM

S
T
F
U

already

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Solefade
12-17-2013, 02:01 PM

We've been waiting since 1973 for you guys. :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
12-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Are people really this stupid?

The Heat aren't the East. The Heat are great. The Heat beating a lot of West teams just shows they are great. It doesn't make the East better.

And yes, playing the shitty east more often does help with fresher legs...the games aren't nearly as competitive night to night.

The East is probably the worst conference in the history of the NBA top to bottom right now. It's pathetic...while the West has like a legit 14 teams that are going to play hard every night.

The Mavs might not make the playoffs...yet in the East...they'd be the clear cut 3rd seed and would definitely win like 55 games playing against those scrubs all year...LOL

DuMa
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
does that include game 6 and 7?

pegasus
12-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Obviously this. Just because the Bulls beat their asses here and there even when we are missing half of our starting line-up, doesn't mean the Eastern Conference isn't a cake-walk during the regular season and in the playoffs until the ECF.

pegasus
12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
does that include game 6 and 7?

Does Lebron's double-digit scoring streak include the 2011 Finals?:lol

The Real JW
12-17-2013, 02:49 PM

The Heat aren't the East. The Heat are great. The Heat beating a lot of West teams just shows they are great. It doesn't make the East better.

And yes, playing the shitty east more often does help with fresher legs...the games aren't nearly as competitive night to night.

The East is probably the worst conference in the history of the NBA top to bottom right now. It's pathetic...while the West has like a legit 14 teams that are going to play hard every night.

The Mavs might not make the playoffs...yet in the East...they'd be the clear cut 3rd seed and would definitely win like 55 games playing against those scrubs all year...LOL

This. Anyone who for a second believes the Eastern conference (outside of Miami) isn't relative dogshit right now or is even better than the West is completely deranged.

Legends66NBA7
12-17-2013, 02:53 PM
This. Anyone who for a second believes the Eastern conference (outside of Miami) isn't relative dogshit right now or is even better than the West is completely deranged.

Indiana too.

MetsPackers
12-17-2013, 03:29 PM

lmao the other "knicks fans" on this board are such a joke. So because the Knicks are my team I can't support the Heat also? If its knicks v heat im rooting knicks but I like Miami too

Lets keep it real, you and f@g_kid both ride kobes nuts constantly and are just mad I made a pro-LeBron post. God this board fvcking sucks. No wonder people constantly hate on knick fans. Clowns like you make me ashamed to wear this avy

Solefade
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
lmao the other "knicks fans" on this board are such a joke. So because the Knicks are my team I can't support the Heat also? If its knicks v heat im rooting knicks but I like Miami too

Lets keep it real, you and f@g_kid both ride kobes nuts constantly and are just mad I made a pro-LeBron post. God this board fvcking sucks. No wonder people constantly hate on knick fans. Clowns like you make me ashamed to wear this avy

:applause:

Raymone
12-17-2013, 03:35 PM
So because the Knicks are my team I can't support the Heat also?

That's the general idea. The name for your type is bandwagoner.

aj1987
12-17-2013, 03:35 PM

That would actually make more sense if the Heat weren't losing to the likes of Nets, Sixers, Celtics, Pistons, Wizards, etc. The big 3 are playing more minutes against these shitty teams than the WC "powerhouses".

HoopsFanNumero1
12-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Great post :applause:

I really don't think those kids understand what irony is.

russwest0
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
That would actually make more sense if the Heat weren't losing to the likes of Nets, Sixers, Celtics, Pistons, Wizards, etc. The big 3 are playing more minutes against these shitty teams than the WC "powerhouses".

they are resting their best player Wade for when they face the real challenges..

NumberSix
12-17-2013, 03:42 PM
they are resting their best player Wade for when they face the real challenges..
Weren't you just posting about how you're a transvestite named Cecil? I don't even get the joke, but it's weird.

aj1987
12-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, the East.

DaSeba5
12-17-2013, 03:48 PM

Quite simply, you can root for whoever the fvck you want to. It is odd to root for both the Heat and Knicks, but nobody can say you can't.

NumberSix
12-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Quite simply, you can root for whoever the fvck you want to. It is odd to root for both the Heat and Knicks, but nobody can say you can't.
Meh. No weirder than people rooting for their own team and their rivals when their rivals are playing the heat. Like seeing lakers fans rooting for the celtics or the Spurs. Seeing Bulls fans rooting for the Pacers or the Knicks.

DaSeba5
12-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Meh. No weirder than people rooting for their own team and their rivals when their rivals are playing the heat. Like seeing lakers fans rooting for the celtics or the Spurs. Seeing Bulls fans rooting for the Pacers or the Knicks.

It is weird, but he has the right to.

It is comical when I see Laker fans rooting for the Spurs or Celtics when there is 0 reason to dislike the Heat when it comes to the two franchises. The only rivalry between Miami and LA is LeBron and Kobe, and that's hardly a rivalry. They only play each other twice a year, and it's not like they are hard fought close games.

MetsPackers
12-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Basically here's the backstory on why the Heat: Been a Knicks fan since I started watching bball (like 6 years old). Whole family is Knicks fans, lived in Ny, etc. However, we all know how long the Knicks have sucked for. So every year when the playoffs came around I would sort of follow a team with a player I liked on it and temporarily root for them. In 05-06, it was the Heat. Everybody knows Wade was the fvcking man that playoffs, why he became one of my favorites doesn't need to be explained. Since then the Heat were always my #2, and they were usually in the playoffs so I had someone to root for when the Knicks sucked. I also respected what Lebron was trying to do when he went to Miami and only further solidified the Heat as my #2

Idrgaf what all the kids on this site think about the decision, the collusion, the what the fvck ever, the Heat have two of my favorite players and I enjoy watching them. Give a fvck what some clown on the internet thinks. I talk ball irl all the time and have met literally like 2 people who hate LeBron the ways 50% of the f@gs on this site do. Must be shut-ins or something (definitely in ripthekiks case)

red1
12-17-2013, 04:01 PM

:oldlol:

Hoopz2332
12-17-2013, 05:21 PM

False.

The reason I disgaree is because these so called "sh1tty" eastern teams are more physical and grinding on you physically than those free flowing non-defensive playing Western teams. Trash teams like the Bobcats inflict more damage on the body than a free flowing western team like the Clippers. This is the reason why the heat lose so many games to trash Eastern teams. The heat love that free flowing Western Conference style because it's easy buckets all day:oldlol:

Dresta
12-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Except the Heat's most competitive games have clearly been mostly against Eastern Conference teams.

It doesn't make the East any better, but it certainly shows that the West is not all its hyped up to be. So many 120-110 defenseless games in the West, where guys rack up big stats and get overrated for it.

Bron, Wade, George, Melo: they all put up bigger and more efficient numbers against the West. Heat perform well against the West because Western Conference bball suits them better.

DMAVS41
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Except the Heat's most competitive games have clearly been mostly against Eastern Conference teams.

It doesn't make the East any better, but it certainly shows that the West is not all its hyped up to be. So many 120-110 defenseless games in the West, where guys rack up big stats and get overrated for it.

Bron, Wade, George, Melo: they all put up bigger and more efficient numbers against the West. Heat perform well against the West because Western Conference bball suits them better.

No no no no.

that is my point. That has to do with the Heat being great. The Heat are better than every team in the league other than maybe the Thunder and Pacers...and then it's debatable.

Using the Heat as a team to gauge the strength of either conference is stupid.

Your response is exactly what I was addressing. That you don't determine the strength of teams based on how the elite teams do. You base it on everything...and if you look at everything. There are like 14 quality teams in the West...and like 3 in the East. Like...I'm not sure any teams in the East outside of the Pacers and Heat are in the top 16 in the league. Seriously...I really don't think so far that the Hawks are better than any of the 14 best teams in the West. It's really close.

TheCorporation
12-17-2013, 05:47 PM
The Easts top teams have been playing defense

Pacers
Heat
Bulls (when they were a contender)

DaSeba5
12-17-2013, 05:50 PM
The Heat match up well with the West. Their style of play benefits Miami. They struggle against the East because they play tough defense in grind out games. If you can grind out a game, you can beat anybody on a given night.

zoom17
12-17-2013, 06:04 PM

:oldlol:

Spaulding
12-17-2013, 06:09 PM
No surprise here. Western conference` no-defense teams dont stand a chance against the Heat.

Ya. Spurs sure dont stand a chance...

moe94
12-17-2013, 06:12 PM

This guy went in. :biggums: