PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the most unrealistic fans?

hawkfan
12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Which team has the most unrealistic fans?

Solefade
12-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Lakers.

2013: We gonna win the championship.

2014: we gonna be a threat in the west when Kobe comes back.

Knicks fans too, no explanation needed.

kamil
12-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Lakers.

</thread>

CelticBaller
12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Lakers.

pretty much

Fresh Kid
12-17-2013, 02:18 PM
come on mods delete this thread, this is nothing but bashing on tha knicks fans.:rant

gts
12-17-2013, 02:27 PM
I won't comment on other fanbases because I don't follow all the teams close enough to say if the fans are being unrealistic or not but I will say by and large as a Laker fan the Laker fanbase has become borderline delusional the last few years... Many Laker fans have no grasp of the cap, how it works what it effects... They seemingly are ignorant to the big picture when it comes to how to build a team or why a team has to hit the reset button every now and again and that not every season is a run for the title...

They bang and critique the FO with no realization that it's a new era in basketball, that the FO has to work around harsh CBA rules that Gerry Buss never had to even contemplate. It was easy for Dr. Buss, he literally only had to open his wallet and magic would happen.

Now days the league says no, you can't do that anymore you have to play by this set of rules. Rules that are basically saying you're money is only so powerful. These rules making it a tricky balancing act between the business side and the on the court side of owning a team.

Another aspect of the Lakers fanbase is this inability to sift through the noise from the media.

The team can say we did this because of XYZ, you have direct quotes from people in power.

The beat writers say this happened because of XYZ, They talked to the people in power everyday they have their fingers on the pulse of the team

The players say they like this because of XYZ

But one writer from the east coast throws up a one line sentence or soundbite from an anonymous source saying it happened because of ABC half the fanbase goes into confirmation bias we hate anyone not named Kobe mode and ignores the facts and relevant data and proceed to form a lynching mob.

There are some great Laker fans, don't get me wrong but there is also a huge spoiled contingent within the fanbase that really doesn't know its ass from a hole in the ground other than to say "go Lakers" or chant "MVP at their TV screens

KingBeasley08
12-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Laker fans are up there but this has to go to Knicks fans

It's A VC3!!!
12-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Lakers fans and Knicks fans. Laker fans are more understandable because they've experienced a lot of championships to the point that losing or a bad season will not be admitted. Knicks fans though? Geez, you guys have sucked for the last 300 years. What in the world would make you think your entitled to be good?:oldlol:

Eric Cartman
12-17-2013, 02:37 PM
We Laker fans are hopeless romantics towards Kobe and anything Lakers related. We will believe the moon is made of doritos cool ranch if kobe says it.

Spaulding
12-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Laker fans are up there but this has to go to Knicks fans
This.

kurple
12-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Lakers fans and Knicks fans. Laker fans are more understandable because they've experienced a lot of championships to the point that losing or a bad season will not be admitted. Knicks fans though? Geez, you guys have sucked for the last 300 years. What in the world would make you think your entitled to be good?:oldlol:
you deffo should have stayed away from this thread

kamil
12-17-2013, 03:33 PM
come on mods delete this thread, this is nothing but bashing on tha knicks fans.:rant

Hypocrite.

This, shortly after you made an instigating thread to hate on LeBron* only to have it removed, followed by posting the thread again and getting it removed and posting it a THIRD time only to have yourself get trolled by the mods here:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319839

:applause:

SacJB Shady
12-17-2013, 03:37 PM
us Warriors fans have the most unrealistic expectations. We thought we would have got 4th seed. Iguodala was overrated for us but we need him.

NumberSix
12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Bulls and it's not even close.

There was a time when EVERYBODY would have said the Knicks, but the Bulls fans have surpassed them.

aj1987
12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
We Laker fans are hopeless romantics towards Kobe and anything Lakers related. We will believe the moon is made of doritos cool ranch if kobe says it.
You guys are basically retarded? Got it.

Black and White
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM

:coleman: Lol this is pretty silly considering you have been overreacting and propping up your nets just because they have won a few games, they still have a losing record and aren't even in the top 8 of a shitty eastern confrence.

Solefade
12-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Bulls and it's not even close.

There was a time when EVERYBODY would have said the Knicks, but the Bulls fans have surpassed them.

totally forgot about Bulls fans. They were so loud during pre-season but since then they've been really quiet ever since the regular season started and pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth after D. Rose went down.

:applause:

DaSeba5
12-17-2013, 03:53 PM
It's Knick fans and it's not even close. I can't tell you how many Knick fans kept telling me "see you in the ECF" and "wait until June." They haven't done shit in 40 years. It would be like me bragging about the Dolphins perfect season in 1972.

Dr. Ice
12-17-2013, 04:58 PM
nets

knicks

lakers(especially them since 90% of them havent even been to los angeles or even knows simple things about the city yet have the nerve to say they're not bandwagoners)

cavs(pure definition of unrealistic, cant believe i had to listen to them all off-season about how much of a threat they are...)

red1
12-17-2013, 05:02 PM
knicks

lakers

everybody else

imdaman99
12-17-2013, 05:12 PM
itsaBC7 needs to shut up. how many of his stupid prediction threads did we see before the season started about the nets? :oldlol:

that being said, i do agree knicks fans have been unrealistic. i mean its not as if the knicks were the only team to have a winning record against the heat last year. knicks are a proud franchise that has been terrible for the past 12-13 years. excuse us for getting a little excited and being cocky. the giants and yankees are NY teams. NYers are used to winning. deal with it.

NYC >>>> your shitty city

Dro
12-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Knicks

Knicks

Everybody else.

Hoopz2332
12-17-2013, 05:23 PM
lakers

Knicks

moe94
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
NYers are used to winning. deal with it.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/phillymademe/13073602/61661/original.gif

Typical NY.

Myth
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Historically it is the Laker fans followed by Knick fans, but since 2010 it has obviously been Miami Heat fans.

CelticBaller
12-17-2013, 06:24 PM
itsaBC7 needs to shut up. how many of his stupid prediction threads did we see before the season started about the nets? :oldlol:

that being said, i do agree knicks fans have been unrealistic. i mean its not as if the knicks were the only team to have a winning record against the heat last year. knicks are a proud franchise that has been terrible for the past 12-13 years. excuse us for getting a little excited and being cocky. the giants and yankees are NY teams. NYers are used to winning. deal with it.

This is a Basketball forum, go take that "we're used to winning" shit out of here :facepalm

moe94
12-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Historically it is the Laker fans followed by Knick fans, but since 2010 it has obviously been Miami Heat fans.

You're confusing unrealistic with fake.

Legends66NBA7
12-17-2013, 06:28 PM
This is a Basketball forum, go take that "we're used to winning" shit out of here :facepalm

I agree, let's just talk basketball.

On the topic, though, Boston has had some great teams and luck since the start of the new century.

CelticBaller
12-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I agree, let's just talk basketball.

On the topic, though, Boston has had some great teams and luck since the start of the new century.
Best sports city since 2000

And I just like 2 of their sports team :applause:

Myth
12-17-2013, 06:35 PM
You're confusing unrealistic with fake.

Ok, that makes sense.

SamuraiSWISH
12-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Lakers, and Knick fans. Pretty easy answer.

Shade8780
12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Lakers.

NumberSix
12-17-2013, 06:54 PM
NYers are used to winning. deal with it.

New York has 2 teams in every sport and they are ALL epically bad right now.

Boston is used to winning. You? Not so much.

moe94
12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
New York has 2 teams in every sport and they are ALL epically bad right now.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/400/327/fee.gif