PDA

View Full Version : 2 days away from the 19th of Dec;Asik

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:09 AM
What is the latest on Asik being traded? Houston better not be trolling. Tired of hearing Sixers linked in some capacity. I'm itching for action.

gts
12-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 32m
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:16 AM
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

Damn never heard of the Cavs and Hawks getting involved. Houston using the Sixers? :rant

RedBlackAttack
12-18-2013, 12:17 AM
The Cavs make no sense in this discussion unless a third team would be involved. All of the issues Asik has in Houston would be the same in Cleveland playing behind Bynum... And we don't really need what he offers.

Now, if there were a third team that had an available SF? That would work.

DStebb716
12-18-2013, 12:21 AM
The reason that they want to make the trade by Thursday, by the way, is because any player acquired by Thursday night can be traded again by the deadline. Could possibly see more tha just this move go down. Watch the Knicks on different fronts.

gts
12-18-2013, 12:22 AM
kpelton Kevin Pelton
#mysteryteam MT @WojYahooNBA: I know there's one more significant team in Asik mix. "A wildcard," a source says

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Rockets get: T Young
Phillly gets: Pau Gasol + tanking unlimited
Lakers get: Asik, Hawes, Evan Turner

Book it...I called it here 1st

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:25 AM
kpelton Kevin Pelton
#mysteryteam MT @WojYahooNBA: I know there's one more significant team in Asik mix. "A wildcard," a source says

Portland.

ElPigto
12-18-2013, 12:25 AM
kpelton Kevin Pelton

This mystery team has to be bullshit. Probably the Rockets leaking this to the media to see if the other teams will give him an additional asset.

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:26 AM
The Cavs make no sense in this discussion unless a third team would be involved. All of the issues Asik has in Houston would be the same in Cleveland playing behind Bynum... And we don't really need what he offers.

Now, if there were a third team that had an available SF? That would work.

Yeah I think if Cavs were involved it would be a 3 team deal not a Houston-Cavs deal. You could be saying goodbye to Waiters.

Wavves
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Portland.
Wouldn't think so, the team's name has been thrown around there but Asik doesn't make much more of a difference to the team than Lopez does.

I'd probably actually prefer Lopez as he can do some things on offense while Asik cannot.

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Wouldn't think so, the team's name has been thrown around there but Asik doesn't make much more of a difference to the team than Lopez does.

I'd probably actually prefer Lopez as he can do some things on offense while Asik cannot.

Like what? Never figured Robin to be much of an offensive threat. Asik is one of the underrated big men in the game when it comes to defense. You dont think he wouldnt help Portland team defense as he could be an anchor. Good post defender, rim protector, pick n roll defender. But I dont know much about Robin Lopez this season so, you tell me. Whats wrong with Lopez being the first big off the bench for Portland?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah I think if Cavs were involved it would be a 3 team deal not a Houston-Cavs deal. You could be saying goodbye to Waiters.

asik, waiters to LAL
Pau to Cavs
Varejao to Rockets

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:34 AM
asik, waiters to LAL
Pau to Cavs
Varejao to Rockets
you to psycho ward
joy to the world

Fixed

DirkNowitzki41
12-18-2013, 12:34 AM
kpelton Kevin Pelton

mavs :rockon:

Wavves
12-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Like what? Never figured Robin to be much of an offensive threat. Asik is one of the underrated big men in the game when it comes to defense. You dont think he wouldnt help Portland team defense as he could be an anchor. Good post defender, rim protector, pick n roll defender. But I dont know much about Robin Lopez this season so, you tell me. Whats wrong with Lopez being the first big off the bench for Portland?
Asik is very good, no denying that. Lopez isn't a big offensive threat by any means, he just does a lot of things right on that end as well as be a good (yes, only good) defender. Lopez is terrific on put-backs, has a nice little hook shot, and rolls to the basket and can finish after setting a good screen. I'm not sure what he was like before this season, but all Portland fans have been really impressed with him so far.

I'm not too sure what kind of assets Portland has that they would be willing to give up as well, Charlotte own our draft pick this year.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-18-2013, 12:37 AM
gobb <=I AM mutha fcuka

fixed

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Asik is very good, no denying that. Lopez isn't a big offensive threat by any means, he just does a lot of things right on that end as well as be a good (yes, only good) defender. Lopez is terrific on put-backs, has a nice little hook shot, and rolls to the basket and can finish after setting a good screen. I'm not sure what he was like before this season, but all Portland fans have been really impressed with him so far.

I'm not too sure what kind of assets Portland has that they would be willing to give up as well, Charlotte own our draft pick this year.

Gotcha.

Thomas Robinson, Meyers Leonard, guys still on rookie contracts is what Portland has to offer.

Eric Cartman
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Asik is going to the Pelicans, but not for Ryan Anderson.

Wavves
12-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Gotcha.

Thomas Robinson, Meyers Leonard, guys still on rookie contracts is what Portland has to offer.

Would Houston want more in return? There would have to be a 3rd team involved.

niko
12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Hey Gobb, Budadii is Godzuki. You were right. :facepalm

Does it make sense for the Sixers to get Asik? Doesn't that hurt your summer of tanking?

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Would Houston want more in return? There would have to be a 3rd team involved.

Yeah, a 3rd team would be involved if Asik were to go to Portland. Should've clarified that. A team like the Sixers is looking for young prospects still on their rookie deals and/or draft picks. This is just speculation as Portland may not even be the mystery team. Just saying if they were and Sixers for example were the third team? They would ask for guys on rookie contracts. Which Portland has a few of where it wouldnt affect their core.

GOBB
12-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Hey Gobb, Budadii is Godzuki. You were right. :facepalm

Does it make sense for the Sixers to get Asik? Doesn't that hurt your summer of tanking?

Wow what a liar. I knew it was him.

Makes no sense for the Sixers to get Asik. Which is why I think Sixers involvement is as a 3rd team, not a Hou-Philly deal.

niko
12-18-2013, 12:54 AM

Makes no sense for the Sixers to get Asik. Which is why I think Sixers involvement is as a 3rd team, not a Hou-Philly deal.
I see.

People expect the Knicks to make deals, it's going to be hard since our owner no longer trusts our GM. We are the lords of dysfunction.

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 01:08 AM

It would be great for the Hawks - Asik makes the Sixers better.

What are the Hawks offering for Asik? I hope not Millsap.

It would have made sense for both the Rockets and Hawks to have done a sign and trade of Josh Smith to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

I hope the Hawks don't mess up our cap space for next summer.

G-train
12-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Rockets get: T Young
Phillly gets: Pau Gasol + tanking unlimited
Lakers get: Asik, Hawes, Evan Turner

Book it...I called it here 1st

Unlikely, Thad cant shoot three's very well.

G-train
12-18-2013, 01:20 AM

As the season has progressed Lopez has become more familiar with the system in Portland and has been playing great, especially last 5 or so games.
His rebounding has improved, he finishes well around the basket, and his toughness on both ends has really helped LA.
On top of that, he shoots FT's really well and blocks shots.
I'd say he is currently better than Asik.

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2013, 01:21 AM
It would be great for the Hawks - Asik makes the Sixers better.

What are the Hawks offering for Asik? I hope not Millsap.

It would have made sense for both the Rockets and Hawks to have done a sign and trade of Josh Smith to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

I hope the Hawks don't mess up our cap space for next summer.

Sounds like they want Millsap. Would have made sense if Rockets wanted to give Josh Smith the money which apparently they didn't.

Jazz could be a wildcard 3rd team. Cap space, roster space, expiring contracts, etc.

BallsOut
12-18-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm guessing the guys they're going after are

Paul Millsap
Earl Clark
Brandon Bass

Not sure why Philly is included.

I know it doesn't seem to make sense on the surface for Cleveland, but Clark hasn't really "fit" in their system. I'm guessing Houston saw how Clark played with Dwight last year on the Lakers. When he started at the 4 alongside Dwight, he put up monster 17/10 games on a nightly basis. Plus Cavs could use the insurance in case Bynum has another setback.

longtime lurker
12-18-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Houston ends up giving a first rounder to get rid of Asik

DStebb716
12-18-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Houston ends up giving a first rounder to get rid of Asik

:facepalm They already have multiple offers on the table for him. He's a valuable player and they'll be getting stuff. This isn't about selling off a player.

B-Easy8
12-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Asik and Brooks for Cunningham, Bazz and Barea.

RedBlackAttack
12-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Honestly, that would be a massive mistake unless we're getting back some serious young talent in return. Waiters has been on a tear lately. It seems the coaching staff is beginning to figure out how to use he and Kyrie so that they both can impact a game without getting in one another's way.

Dion completely took over a substantial portion of the 4th quarter against the Heat on Saturday night and he did the same thing tonight against the Blazers. Two of the best teams in the league basically had no answer for him in a key stretch of the game.

He's still so young, it would be a huge mistake for Cavs management to let him go.

It's either Varejao or no deal, imo.

longtime lurker
12-18-2013, 02:09 AM
:facepalm They already have multiple offers on the table for him. He's a valuable player and they'll be getting stuff. This isn't about selling off a player.

So they say, but who knows if they're just driving up the price. He's a very good player but I don't see teams lining up for the chance to pay Asik 15 million next season.

poido123
12-18-2013, 03:07 AM
It will be an Eastern conference team, I'm guessing 76ers will be favourites, followed by Celtics, Cavs and my gut feeling is it's the 76ers. Makes too much sense.

R.I.P.
12-18-2013, 03:14 AM
When Adr. Woj is that vague he has no insider info for once. :lol Every person can guess those teams without having any deeper knowledge of the situation.

rhowen4
12-18-2013, 03:17 AM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

poido123
12-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

Maybe a basketball forum isn't for you.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/hurricanes86/rayj.gif

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Sounds like they want Millsap. Would have made sense if Rockets wanted to give Josh Smith the money which apparently they didn't.

Jazz could be a wildcard 3rd team. Cap space, roster space, expiring contracts, etc.

He'll have a big cap hit next year, which I really don't want since we'll have cap space to go after an A level free agent.

I hope we don't give up Millsap. We might be in discussions for the sake of discussions.

The Rockets amnestied Luis Scola, who would be perfect for the Rockets right now with their current roster.

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 07:05 AM
So they say, but who knows if they're just driving up the price. He's a very good player but I don't see teams lining up for the chance to pay Asik 15 million next season.

Unless that team will suck anyway next year, like the Sixers.

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2013, 07:31 AM
He'll have a big cap hit next year, which I really don't want since we'll have cap space to go after an A level free agent.

I hope we don't give up Millsap. We might be in discussions for the sake of discussions.

The Rockets amnestied Luis Scola, who would be perfect for the Rockets right now with their current roster.

They want a stretch 4. Scola's face up game isn't that great.

wakencdukest
12-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Miami should go after him, they need more depth.

DukeDelonte13
12-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Paul Millsap
Earl Clark
Brandon Bass

I know it doesn't seem to make sense on the surface for Cleveland, but Clark hasn't really "fit" in their system. I'm guessing Houston saw how Clark played with Dwight last year on the Lakers. When he started at the 4 alongside Dwight, he put up monster 17/10 games on a nightly basis. Plus Cavs could use the insurance in case Bynum has another setback.

Clark is just inconsistent with his shooting and defensive rebounding. His length is great though. He's the type of guy thats good to have in your lineup to defend against big jump shooters.

DukeDelonte13
12-18-2013, 09:16 AM
asik, waiters to LAL
Pau to Cavs
Varejao to Rockets

Cavs give up two of their better players and get Pau Gasol in return.. Yuck.

Windhorst spurted out a similar trade idea in the offseason and Bill Simmons did it again with his previews with Jalen.

I don't get why these national media guys think the cavs would want to give up a promising young player for pau gasol.

T-Time3
12-18-2013, 09:32 AM

Paul Millsap
Earl Clark
Brandon Bass

he did ? :eek:
anyway i prefer millsap tho.

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 09:44 AM
They want a stretch 4. Scola's face up game isn't that great.

Still for the Hawks, I'm not interested in that cap hit.

The Celtics have Brandon Bass to swap out - that would be a better fit for the Rockets and save the Rockets cap space next year.

poido123
12-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Miami should go after him, they need more depth.

What assets would they give up that Rockets want? Has to match salaries too...

Meticode
12-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Why do people keep posting the Cavaliers getting Pau Gasol? What is the logic behind this? Why would we want him?

Levity
12-18-2013, 02:51 PM
supposedly that "wild card" team is indeed portland.

longtime lurker
12-18-2013, 03:35 PM
supposedly that "wild card" team is indeed portland.

Actually makes a lot of sense.

bdreason
12-18-2013, 03:59 PM
If Portland can land Asik without giving up any legit players. :eek:

GOBB
12-18-2013, 04:09 PM

$8.5mil = big cap hit? In what world

brantonli
12-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Woj's article specifically stated that the Rockets are looking at a 3 team trade, and I think what Clutch on the BBS wrote was spot on:

[QUOTE]The ideal trade for the Rockets would be to:
Take back no contracts beyond 2015.
Acquire a big that fits Houston

Amar'e_Juwanna
12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcel3kp

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Brandon Bass

Rockets send
Omer Asik
Patrick Beverley

gts
12-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 17m
The Boston Celtics are gaining traction in talks to acquire Houston center Omer Asik, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Retweeted by Marc J. Spears

MetsPackers
12-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Lakers receive: MCW, Asik
Philly receives: Lin, Young, Sacre
Houston receives: Pau, Turner, Henry

Get it done Mitch :cheers:

Mr Exlax
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I find it hilarious that we have nothing concrete. Somebody asked me who we're gonna get and I told him I have no unearthly idea. In Morey I trust though.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I find it hilarious that we have nothing concrete. Somebody asked me who we're gonna get and I told him I have no unearthly idea. In Morey I trust though.

Proposed deal is Bass, Lee and a 1st (likely clippers 2015 IMO) for Asik. Happy with that?

Shade8780
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h
Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

Dont do it, Danny. That first rounder...

CelticBaller
12-18-2013, 06:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcel3kp

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Brandon Bass

Rockets send
Omer Asik
Patrick Beverley
:oldlol:
**** off, Ainge don't' even think of giving up a 1st rounder even

Amar'e_Juwanna
12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
:oldlol:
**** off, Ainge don't' even think of giving up a 1st rounder even
what are you talking about... he is going to give up a 1st rounder.

CelticBaller
12-18-2013, 06:19 PM
what are you talking about... he is going to give up a 1st rounder.
If he does I'll be angry fan :mad:

GOBB
12-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Trade him already!

Mr Exlax
12-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Milsap or Jeff Green. I don't even care about a pick.