PDA

View Full Version : So, What Team Will Carmelo Anthony play for next season?

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I actually see him trying to go to a contending team. All reports say that he views his tenure with NYK as an embarrassment.

IMO, he's probably gonna really want to be contending for a title, even if it means he's not the main guy on the team.

Black and White
12-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Dallas? Do they have the space?

alec613
12-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Clippers, Rockets

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Dallas? Do they have the space?
I don't see Dallas as a contender.

I mean, like, a REAL contender. Like a Indy or something like that. Even if he has to take a significant paycut.

Dude is already paid. He wants a legacy. He doesn't want to be viewed the way he currently is.

LeBron was smart enough to understand that taking a paycut now will make him more money later when he wins titles. It's like the difference between what a guy like Larry Bird and Dominique Wilkins can earn these days. Bird can obviously command more for than Nique can.

10 years from now, Melo won't command the same money away from basketball that champions like Kobe and LeBron will. Pepsi or Taco Bell ain't paying the big bucks if you're Malone or Drexler but they will if you're Shaq or MJ.

KyrieTheFuture
12-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Somewhat of a troll thread. Subtle kind of, but it's there.

Black and White
12-18-2013, 04:51 PM

I mean, like, a REAL contender. Like a Indy or something like that. Even if he has to take a significant paycut.

Dude is already paid. He wants a legacy. He doesn't want to be viewed the way he currently is.

LeBron was smart enough to understand that taking a paycut now will make him more money later when he wins titles. It's like the difference between what a guy like Larry Bird and Dominique Wilkins can earn these days. Bird can obviously command more for than Nique can.

10 years from now, Melo won't command the same money away from basketball that champions like Kobe and LeBron will. Pepsi or Taco Bell ain't paying the big bucks if you're Malone or Drexler but they will if you're Shaq or MJ.

Oh ok, if paycuts are allowed, then he should take the MLE for 2 Seasons on the heat :lol

Mass Debator
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Detroit? Stuckey and Villanueva is out the door next year. If they could get a real point guard instead of Jennings, I see them doing some damage with Melo.

Clippers? Blake for Melo?

He'd never go to Memphis or Minnesota but I think he'll lift them both up to be contenders.

Fudge
12-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Serge Ibaka
Steven Adams

GOATKLAHOMA CITY THUNDERS

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh ok, if paycuts are allowed, then he should take the MLE for 2 Seasons on the heat :lol
Allowed?

bluechox2
12-18-2013, 05:34 PM
hes going to portland

Black and White
12-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Allowed?

Well im assuming wherever Melo goes hes going to get the max (or he's going to want the max) but you said in this scenario he would be willing to take a cut

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Well im assuming wherever Melo goes hes going to get the max (or he's going to want the max) but you said in this scenario he would be willing to take a cut
Well, that's the whole idea. He's gonna have to in order to join one of the contending teams.

IncarceratedBob
12-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Winning a title as a MCP is a real elite accomplishment. I think Melo wants that on his resume, something LeBron may never have.

guy
12-18-2013, 06:21 PM
For some reason I see Lebron/CP3/Melo all teaming up at some point. Maybe not next year, but eventually.

DStebb716
12-18-2013, 06:34 PM
The Clippers. Melo to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Jared Dudley and a first. There was a shitty report about a trade similar to this, and it does make sense for both teams.

Patrick Chewing
12-18-2013, 06:46 PM
The Clippers. Melo to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Jared Dudley and a first. There was a shitty report about a trade similar to this, and it does make sense for both teams.

This is the most sensible trade for the Knicks to make. Hell, if they want Shump, we can throw in Shump as well. All I want are our draft picks back. Having a guy like Blake on the team can't hurt either if we were to sign a big name FA.

DStebb716
12-18-2013, 06:52 PM
This is the most sensible trade for the Knicks to make. Hell, if they want Shump, we can throw in Shump as well. All I want are our draft picks back. Having a guy like Blake on the team can't hurt either if we were to sign a big name FA.

Yea, I think it makes a whole lot of sense. Only problem is the Dolan won't have the balls to move the player he tried so hard to acquire in the first place.

If they make this trade, I would then prefer them to do what they can to use Shumpert to move Amare's contract or JR's contract. Whichever.

SpecialQue
12-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I desperately want him on the Lakers because if that happens then it's a guarantee that D'antoni will get shit-canned.

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Hopefully Atlanta.

He can sign for 4 years, 80 million. We will have cap space to sign him, if we can move one or more of our smaller contracts (say Louis Williams, Pero Antic, DeMarre Caroll in some combination).

He'll be in the front court with Horford and (hopefully) Millsap, Nogueira and then hopefully either Wiggins, Randle or Parker.

Go whoever is playing the Nets. And go to the Sixers in getting Asik. And let's get some wins for the Knicks so they sneak into the playoffs.

Black and White
12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I desperately want him on the Lakers because if that happens then it's a guarantee that D'antoni will get shit-canned.

This. That clown D'antoni needs to be reduced to a water boy

kNicKz
12-18-2013, 07:03 PM

Yeah, Melo is broke :roll:

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Who is on the market that you would want? SVG?

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 07:11 PM
This. That clown D'antoni needs to be reduced to a water boy

MDA's coaching problems stem from a basic fact - he is a great coach for a small market team that wants to win consistently but not compete for a championship.

For the Knicks, that wasn't a good fit, because the fans are delusional in thinking they are competing for a ring each year.

For the Lakers, they are competing for championships on consistent basis (and 5 rings for Kobe proves that), but he wasn't a good fit. He tried to turn Howard into an Amare-style player and that didn't work out.

He's a good coach for a team like Toronto, Charlotte or Milwaukee, where he can put his system in, he can have the players he wants and he can run a team for like 5-6 years or so, then move on to the next job.

He's a bad fit with the Lakers. Stephen A. Smith was right (at least on this) - he likes having a really talented point guard and then interchangeable parts around him.

Rameek
12-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Melo for Blake is a terrible trade idea. I dont even know how any Knick fan would want a guy that has limited skills and the inability to get his own shot. Considering that the Knicks are devoid of play makers as is now.

The only team that has players that I would want in return for Melo is the Suns.

hawkfan
12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Who is on the market that you would want? SVG?

Lionel Hollins would be a good coach for that team.
Shocking this guy is out of a job.

NumberSix
12-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah, Melo is broke :roll:
"F" in reading comprehension.

FiveRings
12-18-2013, 07:26 PM
He should go to the Grizzlies. I think they're probably the best fit for Melo.

Black and White
12-18-2013, 07:29 PM
MDA's coaching problems stem from a basic fact - he is a great coach for a small market team that wants to win consistently but not compete for a championship.

For the Knicks, that wasn't a good fit, because the fans are delusional in thinking they are competing for a ring each year.

For the Lakers, they are competing for championships on consistent basis (and 5 rings for Kobe proves that), but he wasn't a good fit. He tried to turn Howard into an Amare-style player and that didn't work out.

He's a good coach for a team like Toronto, Charlotte or Milwaukee, where he can put his system in, he can have the players he wants and he can run a team for like 5-6 years or so, then move on to the next job.

He's a bad fit with the Lakers. Stephen A. Smith was right (at least on this) - he likes having a really talented point guard and then interchangeable parts around him.

Still, if you are given an job to do, you do it properly, the great coaches accomodate for the type of players that they have you can't just be a stubborn ass and say "it's my way or nothing".

Kobe Bryant is his best player and he isn't playing him in a manner that would help Kobe succeed, or Pau Gasol for that matter. That unwillingness to change is a bad reflection on Pringles, it's why he will never coach a championship team, he needs to have a serious think about how he comes across sometimes, so no, hes not a great coach, hes an average coach with a system that works for only 1 type of team.

TheReal Kendall
12-18-2013, 07:33 PM

I would like to see him on the Pacers but I don't think he want to be viewed as that dude that had to join other stars to win a chip.

I'm not sure what team would be a good fit for him.

Spurs? :confusedshrug:

hawksdogsbraves
12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
He will either stay with the Knicks or go to Dallas. Melo isn't playing in a small market, so you can go ahead and write off Memphis, Minny, or whoever else fits that label. The Clippers make sense but they aren't trading a 24 year old Blake Griffin for a 29 year old Melo I don't think.

stoks
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
:eek: :eek:
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Serge Ibaka
Steven Adams

GOATKLAHOMA CITY THUNDERS
:rant :rant

I would hope he would NEVER end up in OKC. That guy's instant death to team chemistry. Would almost have a hard time continuing to root for OKC if he joined the team!

Spaulding
12-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Lakers.

outbreak
12-18-2013, 08:06 PM
He won't do it but he should goto detroit, Monroe and Drummond in the paint would be great next to him

longtime lurker
12-18-2013, 08:26 PM
He won't do it but he should goto detroit, Monroe and Drummond in the paint would be great next to him

Can they afford him with Smith there?

outbreak
12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Can they afford him with Smith there?
don't know but presumably they would move smith if melo went there

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Hopefully somewhere in Europe or Asia.

Horde of Temujin
12-18-2013, 09:19 PM
First step: Think of all the organizations with stupid front offices.

Step 2: figure out which one has most the most money to spend

And that's your answer

Yankstar
12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Melo for Blake is a terrible trade idea. I dont even know how any Knick fan would want a guy that has limited skills and the inability to get his own shot. Considering that the Knicks are devoid of play makers as is now.

The only team that has players that I would want in return for Melo is the Suns.

Blakes on contract. The knicks want some one who can sell tickets and won't leave. So a Blake/Melo or Blake/Love trade makes sense if you think they are going to leave and you will be left with nothing next year.

Yankstar
12-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Let melo go to Houston. They can stockpile the team cancers so they start giving their opponents team cancer as well

Asik
Howard
Harden
Melo
:bowdown:

stoks
12-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Let melo go to Houston. They can stockpile the team cancers so they start giving their opponents team cancer as well

Asik
Howard
Harden
Melo
:bowdown:
:applause: Bravo! Thanks for the laugh. Spot on.

DStebb716
12-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Blake is overrated and has no legitimate skills, but he's a very good player overall and would be a good piece to start with. They'd be starting over completely if they made the trade.

A trade like this would likely mean trying to dump off the contracts of Amare, Chandler, Felton and Smith. They'd have to use Shumpert to move Amare probably, and then they could likely get something for Chandler.

qrich
12-19-2013, 03:42 AM

No, it only makes sense for New York.

:lol: at thinking Clippers will deal an improving 20/10 big who plays both ends of the court, has never complained about anything and is the face of the franchise for Melo. Let alone add a first. Knick fans are just as bad as Laker fans when it comes to trades.

R.I.P.
12-19-2013, 03:54 AM

Well how many team do you see that are a real contender, need a SF and have at least $18-20M in capspace? Best options are the Lakers or the Mavs.