PDA

View Full Version : Laker News: Pau Gasol

$LakerGold
12-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Link: http://www.lakersnation.com/pau-gasols-tenure-as-a-laker-should-not-end-this-season/2013/12/18/

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Kobe+Bryant+Pau+Gasol+NBA+Finals+Game+2+Orlando+xu rPE6nf7Phx.jpg

This past weekend marked the two-year anniversary of the trade that sent Pau Gasol away for current Clippers point guard Chris Paul — a trade that likely would have been franchise altering for the Lakers. They would have had a built in replacement for Kobe Bryant who would double as the best point guard Bryant would play with in his career. For reason’s that aren’t necessarily important, the trade was reversed by the NBA’s commissioner.

Since the trade was reversed by David Stern, the Pau Gasol narrative has changed dramatically among Lakers fans. While he’s been considered soft by Lakers fans since the 2008 Finals — a series in which the entire Celtics team man-handled the entire Lakers team. While the challenging of Gasol’s manhood isn’t new, he’s since been made the Lakers quintessential whipping boy with every single one of his mistakes curated on social media by Lakers fans who desperately want another winner. This season, fans want Gasol gone, traded for anything, as if talented 7-footers with championship experience grow on trees.

I’m not here to ignore Gasol’s declining skill set. Pau’s numbers have been in a steady decline since the 2010-11 season, and his numbers are down in almost every meaningful metric (his rebounding percentage is up this season largely due to Dwight Howard no longer annihilating every available board). More than any other season, Gasol has settled for long jump shots, and when he’s attacked the basket, he’s had varying success with average peaks and very low valleys. A lot of Gasol’s struggles are directly related to his age and just not having the physicality needed to compete at the game’s highest level every single night. It’s not an excuse for Gasol, but it’s a huge reason for his obvious decline. It’s not a secret, Gasol is a shell of his former self, frustrating his coach, teammates, and fans alike — but I still appreciate the big man, and at this point, it’s hard to imagine Gasol playing in another jersey.

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Pau-Gasol-in-Los-Angeles-California.jpg

These days, you’d hardly need a klaxon when Pau catches the ball in the post. The number of times he’s hurting defenses this season when he gets the ball on the block is far below the league’s average — and because of this, it suppresses misoneism among fans. On the surface, I can understand whose thoughts are of that ilk. The Lakers did not become one of the most successful organizations in all of sports by throwing out lackluster talent. But on the other hand, the lore of the franchise also comes from maintaining the players who have carved their way into the collective hearts of the fan base by brilliant play on the court, and helping to improve the community off it. Pau has done these things and so much more, and yet, we’ve quickly forgotten that Gasol changed the culture of this organization for the better more than any other Laker in the past decade, and because of this, I don’t want to see Pau traded.

While this may not remain true for many basketball fans, I don’t root for laundry. I root for the Los Angeles Lakers and the players who force me to appreciate the game of basketball a little more than I did before I watched them play. I’m not one to hold a great’s declining skill set umbriferous over the highs of his career — especially when one of those highs was helping the Lakers bring home a title against the Boston Celtics. Gasol has had some absolutely brilliant moments as a member of the Lakers, and while the frequency of moments like this has plummeted, he’s still capable of providing some beautiful basketball for these Lakers.

Moving Gasol for pieces who are likely only going to be worth pennies on the dollar just wouldn’t feel right, not as a fan. Gasol is a once-in-a-generation talent — there will not be another Pau Gasol. These are the years that should be spent appreciating a man who not only helped bring the title back to Los Angeles, but against the Celtics. Pau’s time in the NBA isn’t going to be much longer after his contract is up. Being a fan should be about appreciating your guys while they’re still here. The name on the back of the jersey is never more important than the one in the front, but some of those names mean more to an organization than others — and the back of Gasol’s jersey is going to hang in the rafters one day. While it’s easy to want to see Gasol traded, it’ll be just as hard to see him go. I’m in the minority here, but I’m glad Stern nixed the Chris Paul trade.

DKLaker
12-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Sure, keep Pau around just to make him miserable....just so his fans can look at him being miserable, just so his clueless coach can play him the wrong way on a team that is going absolutely nowhere.
He would be a complete moron to re-sign with us if 'Antoni is the coach......so why not trade him to a team who will actually play him in the post?
Come on..........did anyone see that old movie called "Misery" with Kathy Bates and James Caan? Great movie.

$LakerGold
12-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Sure, keep Pau around just to make him miserable....just so his fans can look at him being miserable, just so his clueless coach can play him the wrong way on a team that is going absolutely nowhere.
He would be a complete moron to re-sign with us if 'Antoni is the coach......so why not trade him to a team who will actually play him in the post?
Come on..........did anyone see that old movie called "Misery" with Kathy Bates and James Caan? Great movie.
Do you watch them play? They do play him in the post 85% of the time. He ISO's, he posts, does a little shimmy & then turns & fades away for a shot. It's usually that or a High Screen & Roll/Give & Go with Kobe.

It's just that, he posts and no one bothers to cut to the basket most of the time. I think Pau just misses the Triangle when he complained about D'Antoni last week.

$LakerGold
12-19-2013, 12:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9RZz0gM.png

80-85% of his shot attempts are from Iso's. He'll still be miserable if he signs elsewhere.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2013, 12:36 AM

trade him to the Rockets for Asik/lin + DMO

asik
hill
wes
kobe
lin

should be ok to get us to playoffs...lol

Linsanity was born under Mike D

does Lin play any kind of defense?

I would then trade nash/blake for Amir johnson/lowry why? because TDot wants to tank and amir johnson/lowry are ruining his plans

lol

Asik/sacre
A Johnson/hill
Wes/Nick Young
Kobe/X/Meeks
Lowry/Lin

$LakerGold
12-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Hill is a pure center. You want a stretch 4 especially under D'Antoni. I don't know why you & kkinchen want Hill at 4 so bad, he's better off being at 5.

bladefd
12-19-2013, 01:07 AM
I would then trade nash/blake for Amir johnson/lowry why? because TDot wants to tank and amir johnson/lowry are ruining his plans

lol

Asik/sacre
A Johnson/hill
Wes/Nick Young
Kobe/X/Meeks
Lowry/Lin

Raptors would never do that sort of trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Raptors would never do that sort of trade.

its well documented the Masai wants to tank...I am hoping

dd24
12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure why Pau would want to return to the Lakers. They aren't a contender, and they don't use his strengths. Right now it doesn't look good for him to resign with the Lakers.

longtime lurker
12-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Lakers should just trade Pau. Guy is done and plays with no sense of urgency.

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure why Pau would want to return to the Lakers. They aren't a contender, and they don't use his strengths. Right now it doesn't look good for him to resign with the Lakers.

I don't think the Lakers F.O would really want him to return or vice versa, he doesn't look that good or consistently as good but then has good games and shows he can be but inconsistently, I think and have said before a large part is the mental affect of all the things he's had to put up with, he was the main big man for two titles then Phil basically starts to give Bynum a larger role and then of course the trade that was vetoed, then Dwight coming in and D'Antoni misusing Gasol and still this year a bit misusing him and they don't get along and he's not playing as hard consistently as you'd like. I just don't see especially why Gasol would want to return unless his bond with Kobe really is that strong but his brother is in Memphis and assuming the rumours they may trade Randolph are true could be a spot for him there? They could trade a few pieces mainly Randolph and parts ideally for Deng and then have Gasol at PF next year they may try (assuming Chicago wants to rebuild and give them a soon to be expiring Randolph contract).

Lakers91
12-19-2013, 09:50 PM
its well documented the Masai wants to tank...I am hoping

I'd love for that but don't see it happening, I think Lowry is very underrated but I think if anyone gets him could be the Pacers who need to fix their PG issues and they might have more to offer whether it be expiring Granger, picks or Hill I don't know but I think if anyone gets him it will be them.

$LakerGold
12-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd love for that but don't see it happening, I think Lowry is very underrated but I think if anyone gets him could be the Pacers who need to fix their PG issues and they might have more to offer whether it be expiring Granger, picks or Hill I don't know but I think if anyone gets him it will be them.
Would you say it's a MUST FIX issue?

Lakers91
12-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Would you say it's a MUST FIX issue?

Must fix? I would say it's close to it, not that I dislike Hill, it's just that he's not the point guard or the type of point that I think they would like the most, he's a 3 point threat and all, but when you play in the playoffs especially vs Miami they are going to need a solid pass first point guard that can run the offense when Miami's defense clamps down, which Hill has shown to be turnover prone and when George isn't handling the ball or Stephenson etc he's not a good enough point guard in my opinion against good teams but he'd be a great sixth man for them, I think they need a point like Lowry, I think they could still take Miami to 7 and I wouldn't say they can't win without a point but I'd certainly back them to take it right to Miami now but with a point guard I'd think they could potentially win too, they are very big/large and tough but they need a point to help the offense flow in my opinion. Is it must fix? I wouldn't say must fix but it's an important one though they need to fix unless they think they can take Miami without a point that can run the offense/involve others which imo Hill can't consistently he'd be a great outside threat off the bench in my opinion. It might be a bit harsh on Hill and the Pacers as a whole but I think they'd be that much better with a solid point guard not a Rondo (although he'd be great for them he'd cost the stars in the sky), someone like Dragic or Lowry, Hill's defense was once very good but now I think it's more just good if that to be honest, he's tough and he's a decent leader but he'd be a greater impacter off the bench although he will probably be part of any trade for another point guard unless Granger is enough if they even want to trade him.

MJ(Mean John)
12-26-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm on the fence with Gasol. Sometimes, I feel he has a lot left to give, a legit 20/10. Sometimes, I feel he has stones tied to his sneakers and has 3 years of playing left. At 20 mil? damn.

IF ONLY, (and I'm turning on my Homer Laker fan unrealistic trade idea pretend GM. I never do this, but heres my joke)

If we traded Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

With the rockets, Pelicans.

Lakers Get
Lin
Asik
Parsons

Rockets get
Pelicans 1st rounder
Lakers 2nd rounder
Ryan Anderson
Steve Blake
Get rid of horrible asik/lin deal

Pelicans get
Pau Gasol

Trade Nash's ass to Toronto. Get lowry. lol.

The problem with this years lakers, is that we have a bunch of guys that can fill multiple spots, and they're all on 1 year deals, min contract guys. they're all playing so hard that you don't know who you want to keep.

We will be..

Lin/Farmar/Nash/ Marshall
Kobe/meeks/young
Parsons/Young/
Wesley Johnson/ Jordan Hill / Ryan Kelly
Asik/ Jordan Hill/ Robert Sacre

And Williams, Kaman really won't get burn. Maybe we can flip them, since they've played decent. Get a second rounder for someone looking for a wing, or a big man. Maybe package them both, get a second rounder. They have cheap contracts.

(I've been drinking)

DKLaker
12-26-2013, 02:18 PM
MJ, I haven't done the numbers, but doesn't that deal take us out of the running on free agents? And clearly doesn't make us a contender. the only team I see getting a benefit is the Rockets :confusedshrug:
Maybe I'm missing something???

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-26-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm on the fence with Gasol. Sometimes, I feel he has a lot left to give, a legit 20/10. Sometimes, I feel he has stones tied to his sneakers and has 3 years of playing left. At 20 mil? damn.

IF ONLY, (and I'm turning on my Homer Laker fan unrealistic trade idea pretend GM. I never do this, but heres my joke)

If we traded Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

With the rockets, Pelicans.

Lakers Get
Lin
Asik
Parsons

Rockets get
Pelicans 1st rounder
Lakers 2nd rounder
Ryan Anderson
Steve Blake
Get rid of horrible asik/lin deal

Pelicans get
Pau Gasol

Trade Nash's ass to Toronto. Get lowry. lol.

The problem with this years lakers, is that we have a bunch of guys that can fill multiple spots, and they're all on 1 year deals, min contract guys. they're all playing so hard that you don't know who you want to keep.

We will be..

Lin/Farmar/Nash/ Marshall
Kobe/meeks/young
Parsons/Young/
Wesley Johnson/ Jordan Hill / Ryan Kelly
Asik/ Jordan Hill/ Robert Sacre

And Williams, Kaman really won't get burn. Maybe we can flip them, since they've played decent. Get a second rounder for someone looking for a wing, or a big man. Maybe package them both, get a second rounder. They have cheap contracts.

(I've been drinking)

I would love to get parsons with Lin/Asik but I dont think we will get parsons...

Nash wont net us lowry..I am ok to part with Hill/Meeks/nash to get lowry/amir johnson

lowry/lin
Kobe/X
Parsons/Swaggy P
Amir Johnson/Kelly
Asik/Sacre/kaman

I am open to trading Asik to Philly for Hawes/evans too....

I honestly think what we need is rebounding maniacs + a little bit defense on the interior

Mile Plumlee has 20rebounds on gasol/kaman's/JHills a$$ the other day lol

MJ(Mean John)
12-26-2013, 03:57 PM
MJ, I haven't done the numbers, but doesn't that deal take us out of the running on free agents? And clearly doesn't make us a contender. the only team I see getting a benefit is the Rockets :confusedshrug:
Maybe I'm missing something???

Yeah, I was thinking properly last night. lol, was just upset with Pau. Haha. Ultimately I was reading articles that said that Lin/Asik would be better than anything we could get on the market.

I really wouldn't want to take those 2 with salary that adds, because it isn't worth it for us. The possibility of adding A max guy, changes our team. Those 2, not so much. It was just a way for us to get parsons but he's not even a superstar. I read an article where someone was saying Kobe's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I.E. Getting a high draft pick that would be a great player that comes cheap. Adding a healthy rested KB, a max level player (Aldridge) and adding another good player around 6-8 mil, then resign pau, nick young, Meeks, etc

Yeah. So now, I wouldn't do that deal. Better off letting Pau's deal just run out if he doesn't want to re-sign.

I'm really curious to see what we do with the cap space.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I was thinking properly last night. lol, was just upset with Pau. Haha. Ultimately I was reading articles that said that Lin/Asik would be better than anything we could get on the market.

I really wouldn't want to take those 2 with salary that adds, because it isn't worth it for us. The possibility of adding A max guy, changes our team. Those 2, not so much. It was just a way for us to get parsons but he's not even a superstar. I read an article where someone was saying Kobe's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I.E. Getting a high draft pick that would be a great player that comes cheap. Adding a healthy rested KB, a max level player (Aldridge) and adding another good player around 6-8 mil, then resign pau, nick young, Meeks, etc

Yeah. So now, I wouldn't do that deal. Better off letting Pau's deal just run out if he doesn't want to re-sign.

there is no clear cut max guy out their...Lebron is not coming...everybody else is not worth it...even Melo...he is horrendous on offense and defense this yr..

wade with knees is done
bosh doesnt fit and wont sign with the lal
Dirk Nowitzki aint coming here

we are left with Deng,Ranger and bunch of rookie restricted FA like bledsoe, Monroe who will have their offers matched

get Asik/Lin and go after love/LMA/Rondo and bunch others in next yr's fa's

DKLaker
12-26-2013, 08:23 PM

That must have been some real good stuff you were drinking MJ :oldlol: :cheers:

Pau is making me sick. game on the line and a guy driving to the basket and he puts in a horribly feeble attempt at a block.
This way this whole team is coached makes me sick, they are so lacking in fundamentals, discipline, competitive fire, organization and grit. It all comes from the top. the style of basketball they play is just silly.
One guy shoots and the other 4 sprint the other way :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm Against a great fastbreaking team this is one thing but we do it all the time. Screw that crap, we need to rebound hard when we miss a shot, especially trailing late when every possession is critical. I am a HUGE rebounding guy, I want a basket every time down court so a 1 shot and done, run away is something my teams never do.

tamaraw08
12-26-2013, 11:41 PM

I think Pau will do great if he has a PF/C teammate who works hard, a great nose for the ball, collecting rebounds. Someone who don't demand for the ball to feel valued and effective. Has a decent hook shot and don't play to the crowd and talk crap with the reporters....:(
oh wait, they have Jordan Hill, never mind.:facepalm

Lakers91
12-27-2013, 02:01 AM
I think Pau will do great if he has a PF/C teammate who works hard, a great nose for the ball, collecting rebounds. Someone who don't demand for the ball to feel valued and effective. Has a decent hook shot and don't play to the crowd and talk crap with the reporters....:(
oh wait, they have Jordan Hill, never mind.:facepalm

Problem being I don't see Hill really as a power forward he's a center and I see that as Pau's natural position given when he was power forward the last two years and D'Antoni doesn't really cater to either he prefers a stretch 4 and a pivot, neither of those are that consistently, in an ideal world it would be Pau and Anderson (or Hill and Anderson) but that won't happen. Hill is a great energy guy but I don't think D'Antoni will ever give him consistent minutes but he's an energy/hustling guy so he's not going to consistently provide a lot offensively so maybe that's why he isn't playing as much or maybe the coach just has favorites he's averaging about 20 minutes for the roster maybe he should get a bit more but that's just down to personal opinion/preference whether he should. The good thing about Hill though is he knows his limitations he doesn't want to have a heap of backing down in the post and post moves, he occasionally does but he's not going to sulk and demand when he doesn't or when he's jsut the energy guy and rebounder he seems happy with that, given he's bounced around a bit I think it's good to have someone who's happy with whatever they are given which he seems to be happy being in the NBA and whatever he gets in terms of points or shots etc is a bonus (not quite to that extent, exaggerating a little but oh well).

tamaraw08
12-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Problem being I don't see Hill really as a power forward he's a center and I see that as Pau's natural position given when he was power forward the last two years and D'Antoni doesn't really cater to either he prefers a stretch 4 and a pivot, neither of those are that consistently, in an ideal world it would be Pau and Anderson (or Hill and Anderson) but that won't happen. Hill is a great energy guy but I don't think D'Antoni will ever give him consistent minutes but he's an energy/hustling guy so he's not going to consistently provide a lot offensively so maybe that's why he isn't playing as much or maybe the coach just has favorites he's averaging about 20 minutes for the roster maybe he should get a bit more but that's just down to personal opinion/preference whether he should. The good thing about Hill though is he knows his limitations he doesn't want to have a heap of backing down in the post and post moves, he occasionally does but he's not going to sulk and demand when he doesn't or when he's jsut the energy guy and rebounder he seems happy with that, given he's bounced around a bit I think it's good to have someone who's happy with whatever they are given which he seems to be happy being in the NBA and whatever he gets in terms of points or shots etc is a bonus (not quite to that extent, exaggerating a little but oh well).
After the allstars last year, when everybody got healthy I believe Howard with Gasol, plus Kobe and Nash won 28 of 40 games, thats a 70% winning clip with a center like Howard playing along side Gasol who BTW is pretty flexible with his good medium range and high IQ.
Memphis that past 5 years did pretty good with 2 low post players.
Pops with DRob and Duncan, Twin Towers with Houston a couple of decades back, heck even with Kareem with players who have limited skills like Rambis etc.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-27-2013, 06:50 PM
After the allstars last year, when everybody got healthy I believe Howard with Gasol, plus Kobe and Nash won 28 of 40 games, thats a 70% winning clip with a center like Howard playing along side Gasol who BTW is pretty flexible with his good medium range and high IQ.
Pops with DRob and Duncan, Twin Towers with Houston a couple of decades back, heck even with Kareem with players who have limited skills like Rambis etc.

Pau having a good mid range or 15-18ft shot is horse sh!t...

When they won 28 out of 40 kobe was telling Pau to go in the post and operate from their... These 2 totally ignore Dwight Choward & Mike D'Antoni system

Nash had to suck it up and b a jump shooter because he could barely sprint let alone have the ball in his hands

DKLaker
12-27-2013, 07:12 PM

When they won 28 out of 40 kobe was telling Pau to go in the post and operate from their... These 2 totally ignore Dwight Choward & Mike D'Antoni system

Nash had to suck it up and b a jump shooter because he could barely sprint let alone have the ball in his hands

Ok....all of that is pure TRUTH!!!!:applause:

dd24
12-27-2013, 07:46 PM

Yeah, that was the part of the season the guys dropped the system and started doing their own thing to get to the playoffs. Of course being healthy helped them out too :cheers:

tamaraw08
12-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Ok....all of that is pure TRUTH!!!!:applause:
Its nice that you two folks are getting along. :rockon:
but My point remains. Pau CAN PLAY with another center.
Pure truth that Pau can't make 15 footers in his career?
What, he played like Shaq, attempted 95 % of his shots within 6 feet?
Yes, he has a pretty good left and right hooks but checking on his shot chart under Phil a few years back. He ave around 50% shooting from top of the key to the right elbow from beyond 15 feet.

tamaraw08
12-28-2013, 12:22 AM

So when Kobe told Pau to go to the post, where did Dwight go? the shower room?:rolleyes:
They TOTALLY IGNORED Howard?, why don't you back it up with stats.
Last 20 games or so, Dwight averaged around 14 attempts/game, roughly the same attempts that Pau took around that time.

tamaraw08
12-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Yeah, that was the part of the season the guys dropped the system and started doing their own thing to get to the playoffs. Of course being healthy helped them out too :cheers:

I agree with most of your opinions but a team dropping a system and just simply doing their "own thing"? seriously?:(
Beating really good teams like OKC, Warriors, Spurs etc by just doing their own thing? HUH.:eek:

dd24
12-28-2013, 03:40 AM
I agree with most of your opinions but a team dropping a system and just simply doing their "own thing"? seriously?:(
Beating really good teams like OKC, Warriors, Spurs etc by just doing their own thing? HUH.:eek:

Own thing being their own system (not 'antoni's) and yes it was working for a while there at the end.

Lakers91
12-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Yes, he has a pretty good left and right hooks but checking on his shot chart under Phil a few years back. He ave around 50% shooting from top of the key to the right elbow from beyond 15 feet.

Haha, he certainly has been able to in his career just has been a little sketchy this year from just watching and last year too when he was shooting a lot of mid range jumpers but then he'd have a game where he hit a heap of them, inconsistent the last few years maybe, a finesse bigman that can at times shoot from beyond the paint just with his skill in the post you'd rather him be there, I see him as a center who can play power forward with center being a little more natural to him not that he can't do both. He has a high IQ as a basketball player and seems from interviews to be pretty intelligent as a person, I'd rather say decent mid range or inconsistent I would rather not rely on it or have him rely on it for points the last 2 or so years.

Lakers91
12-28-2013, 04:07 AM

Was that when Gasol kept shooting mid range jumpers or was he cooperating with Howard in the post/sharing post touches with Pau shooting the occasional stretch jumper I can't really remember to be honest or can't be bothered getting stats too tired after a 6 hour car drive :hammerhead: , he's flexible on offense I don't disagree and I'd rate his mid range the last few years as rather inconsistent when he's started to shoot more of them which happened gradually with I think Bynum's emergence and then D12.
I don't you can't do well with two post players but I don't believe D'Antoni's system or him as a coach or how he likes to run his teams, although last year he was disregarded a little by the players, of course you can be successful with two post players, but the ones you put there don't really compare much to Gasol and Hill that well in my opinion? You have Hakeem and Sampson, Hakeem a top 3 center in my opinion who was deadly from the post and very good from mid range and Ralph Sampson before all his injury problems was a freak as well at 7"3, in terms of the Admiral and Duncan as well one is a great fundamental and great overall player in Duncan and a physical specimen in Robinson, and then even if your just using Kareem with whoever Kareem in my mind the second greatest center in NBA history a lot have him as the greatest, I didn't say you can't have two post players pure and simple just I don't think you can with D'Antoni as a coach, I'm sorry but Gasol can be a rather good player but Gasol and Hill compared to those combinations, it's more of a contrast than a true comparison of similarity, one finesse big man and a hustle player compared to first example arguably the most skilled center ever and another potential great center and Hakeem who was skilled and good enough to be a very good power forward, and Pop caters to his players and adjusts D'Antoni with two bigman didn't really is part of the problem but one top 10 player just about and arguably the greatest player of the last decade in Tim Duncan or one of with a once great player in the Admiral. That might have sounded a little harsh apologies I didn't mean any of that as insulting I am just defending that I didn't say that two post players can't play together or I didn't mean it that way just that I don't believe two players who are more natural centers can with a coach like D'Antoni unless his philosophy and style is disregarded which to a degree it was last year when there were reports players had basically held a team only meeting to discuss how they were going to play.

DKLaker
12-28-2013, 04:09 PM

YES, CoachBe Bryant is a million times better at coaching and understanding REAL BASKETBALL than 'Antoni aka No D Toni aka DumbAntoni :oldlol:

I guess you didn't watch the games or understand what was happening.

DKLaker
12-28-2013, 04:13 PM

LKF loves the Lakers so I have absolutely no problem with him :cheers:
I am never one to hold grudges.

You focus on TALENT when you should look at effort, energy, heart, desire, grit, determination, focus.....not to mention health. Without those things, TALENT is completely useless....so bye bye Pau!!!!

tamaraw08
12-30-2013, 06:44 PM
YES, CoachBe Bryant is a million times better at coaching and understanding REAL BASKETBALL than 'Antoni aka No D Toni aka DumbAntoni :oldlol:

I guess you didn't watch the games or understand what was happening.

Oh, happy new year to you too DK, thanks for the insult.
Only a great coaching mind like you..and your cohorts understand the nuances of the sport. :rolleyes:
right?, all the People disagree with you don't watch the games or are simply too dumb to understand. In the mean time, use that smart mind on this free website arguing with clueless posters like us.

DKLaker
12-31-2013, 02:07 AM
Oh, happy new year to you too DK, thanks for the insult.
Only a great coaching mind like you..and your cohorts understand the nuances of the sport. :rolleyes:
right?, all the People disagree with you don't watch the games or are simply too dumb to understand. In the mean time, use that smart mind on this free website arguing with clueless posters like us.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Someone's panties are in a bunch!!!!!!! :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Eh....I insulted you??? No, if I want to insult you, everyone will know it. The fact that you didn't realize that the Lakers at Kobe's direction ignored the idiot coach and did their own thing to win tells me that you either don't understand enough or weren't watching.....it was extremely obvious. If anything, you insulted yourself with that statement......not to mention your barrage of petty comments.

I'm still Laughing my ass off that you got mad because I didn't criticize another posters comments :oldlol: Priceless!!!!

Nuances are not found on a stat sheet, I know you look there daily for them....but eh.......NO!!!!