PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis is back!!!

ripthekik
12-18-2013, 11:58 PM
He's supposed to be out 6-8 weeks for a fractured hand, from early Dec...
but he's just entered the game for the Pelicans

totally shocked me when I saw his name light up on my fantasy team, thought it was a glitch :eek: :eek: :eek:

Love having him back!!! Hope he continues his run :bowdown: :applause:

Inferno
12-19-2013, 12:01 AM
:bowdown:

Black and White
12-19-2013, 12:02 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
12-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Love came back early from a broken hand last year:(

clipse026
12-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Fck your fantasy team. Pelicans need him now. The team is nearly healthy finally. :cheers:

ripthekik
12-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Love came back early from a broken hand last year:(
dont you even dare!!

Johnny Jones
12-19-2013, 12:06 AM
6 points 5 rebounds in 6 minutes... He's back bitches :bowdown:

imdaman99
12-19-2013, 12:31 AM
likeable guy. love his t-rex smile :rockon:

clipse026
12-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Clippers fcking mugging him. No calls left and right. Can the birds get a call or what?

notatop29pg
12-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Clippers fcking mugging him. No calls left and right. Can the birds get a call or what?

Pretty much been fouled on every shot he's taken under the basket. No calls.

BlazerRed
12-19-2013, 12:36 AM
6 points 5 rebounds in 6 minutes... He's back bitches :bowdown:

Christ has risen again brothers! Everyone update your calenders to reflect the new date of Easter :bowdown:

ripthekik
12-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Christ has risen again brothers! Everyone update your calenders to reflect the new date of Easter :bowdown:
:applause: :applause:

The future of the NBA.

Jameerthefear
12-19-2013, 12:38 AM
:eek: clipse haven't seen you in a while... where ya been?

fpliii
12-19-2013, 12:43 AM
He's supposed to be out 6-8 weeks for a fractured hand, from early Dec...
but he's just entered the game for the Pelicans

totally shocked me when I saw his name light up on my fantasy team, thought it was a glitch :eek: :eek: :eek:

Love having him back!!! Hope he continues his run :bowdown: :applause:

:applause:

ripthekik
12-19-2013, 12:44 AM
:eek: ripthekik haven't seen you in a while... where ya been?
been good, been good. watching some games on the league pass.. u? Watching underage chicks cartoon again?

clipse026
12-19-2013, 12:46 AM
been good, been good. watching some games on the league pass.. u? Watching underage chicks cartoon again?
:lol been here and there. :cheers:

Jameerthefear
12-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Yep! My favorites are when the middle schoolers get all frisky. DFC>>

:lol been here and there. :cheers:
check the anime thread... i want to know if you're still watching nagi no asukara

ripthekik
12-19-2013, 01:19 AM
checked the game, he's still throwing down lobs like old times :pimp:

clipse026
12-19-2013, 01:19 AM
These no calls. Good lord.

BlackVVaves
12-19-2013, 02:53 AM
24 and 12 in his first game back :applause:

Trollsmasher
12-19-2013, 02:55 AM
Anyone has a gif of that monster lefty putback in the 4th?

VIntageNOvel
12-19-2013, 02:57 AM
already better than griffin :applause:

LMA - K.Love - Davis
:bowdown:

ripthekik
12-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Can't wait til the time when he is playing on a championship ring and beasting in the playoffs

East_Stone_Ya
12-19-2013, 05:54 AM
had a really good game against Clips:applause:

2LeTTeRS
12-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Still can't believe how quick he's developed. Who would have thought he'd be in the argument for the best big man in the league 2 years into his career?

GOBB
12-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Still can't believe how quick he's developed. Who would have thought he'd be in the argument for the best big man in the league 2 years into his career?

You thought he was a project?

moe94
12-19-2013, 05:56 PM

I remember Marcus Camby comparisons. No one thought he'd be franchise changing by his second season or have a very good case for best in his position at such a young age.

andremiller07
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I remember Marcus Camby comparisons. No one thought he'd be franchise changing by his second season or have a very good case for best in his position at such a young age.
Tim Duncan comparisons as well

notatop29pg
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM

People just parrot the first thing they hear, without even seeing the product.

If they'd taken notice of his 1st season and even his time in college, they'd have seen that he already had a handy mid range J, it just wasn't something he was required to use. Especially in college as he was used as a defensive anchor. Even in his first game in the NBA I'm pretty sure he hit his first 3 shots, and they were all sweet 18 foot jumpers. You don't see it much just yet... but he can also get to the bucket almost at will. Even if his body doesn't get close, he still manages to lay it in with his long arms.

hawksdogsbraves
12-19-2013, 07:19 PM

I mean it's not *that* unbelievable, everyone was saying he was the best prospect to come into the league since Durant.

GOBB
12-19-2013, 08:17 PM

No one? Maybe you and others who underestimated his talent. :confusedshrug:

moe94
12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
No one? Maybe you and others who underestimated his talent. :confusedshrug:

You really thought he'd be this good this soon? Good look then. :rockon:

GOBB
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
You really thought he'd be this good this soon? Good look then. :rockon:

Yup. Too skilled of a big man with a good bball IQ. Wish Sixers got him, too busy being mediocre.

2LeTTeRS
12-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Project? Not at all; I bought in and thought best-case he would be the next KG, but not even KG was this good this fast. Look at it this way -- this summer people thought Drummond had more upside and now you can argue that there's not a big in the league that impacts the game more than Davis.

You can't tell me that isn't a hell of a leap.

senelcoolidge
12-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Unlike Love, Griffin, and Aldridge he can't create on his own. He needs a guard to give him the ball at spots..lobs, close to the basket..etc. But he's good and should improve more. His stats are a little deceiving. His offensive game is not as good as the guys mentioned above and other PF's.

BlazerRed
12-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Unlike Love, Griffin, and Aldridge he can't create on his own. He needs a guard to give him the ball at spots..lobs, close to the basket..etc. But he's good and should improve more. His stats are a little deceiving. His offensive game is not as good as the guys mentioned above and other PF's.

He's not as offensively talented as the guys you mentioned, but his defense is much better. If he can begin to create his own shot (a la LMA) he will become an incredible all-round player.

anthonyRandolph
12-20-2013, 06:53 AM
He's not as offensively talented as the guys you mentioned, but his defense is much better. If he can begin to create his own shot (a la LMA) he will become an incredible all-round player.
Averages 4 less points and shoots a higher % than LMA and can't create his own shot,imagine when he can, the basketball gods have blessed us. :applause:

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 07:15 AM
He's not a good as them now, but it'll come. The biggest reason is they really don't give him that much plays right now. I watch a lot of his games this year, and the play usually leads to him getting a lob or smth.

The times he got the ball, he could drive to the rim or take a shot - and he actually has a good jumpshot.

So it'll come, his offensive game will get better. And his defense is amazing. Like I said, can't wait to see him hit his prime and terrorize the league :mad:

BlazerRed
12-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Averages 4 less points and shoots a higher % than LMA and can't create his own shot,imagine when he can, the basketball gods have blessed us. :applause:

He has the talent to be a great. I hope he steps up to the plate :rockon:

poido123
12-20-2013, 08:50 AM
My fantasy teams are very grateful :rockon: Welcome back big fella! :banana: