PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's MVP of the Heat/Pacers game

russwest0
12-19-2013, 05:17 AM
MVP: Dwyane Wade had more points, but LeBron James was the key Heat player as usual. A robust 24 points, nine rebounds and seven assists accurately state his control of the game, especially in the fourth quarter.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

These dudes are box scout warriors to da max

Trollsmasher
12-19-2013, 05:18 AM
They are right:confusedshrug:

TheMilkyBarKid
12-19-2013, 05:24 AM
A case can be made for either, both played well with wade having a more dominant scoring performance and lebron having a good all round game.

Mr. Incredible
12-19-2013, 05:25 AM
Pick ya poison

DFish24
12-19-2013, 05:27 AM
What did you expect? Wade could of dropped 50 and Espn still would of crowned LeBron as MVP.

joeyjoejoe
12-19-2013, 05:36 AM
All I hear is waah

9erempiree
12-19-2013, 05:42 AM
A case can be made for either, both played well with wade having a more dominant scoring performance and lebron having a good all round game.

Translation:

Wade was dominant and Lebron having a good all round game aka efficient.

Props to the both of them for making a come back and winning the game. :applause:

Yankstar
12-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Translation:

Wade was dominant and Lebron having a good all round game aka efficient.

Props to the both of them for making a come back and winning the game. :applause:

This hypes me so much on the Lakers heat Christmas games. With Kobe coming back up to full fitness its gonna be a show! To bad Lebron is still Kobes B***h

wfb
12-19-2013, 06:58 AM
This hypes me so much on the Lakers heat Christmas games. With Kobe coming back up to full fitness its gonna be a show! To bad Lebron is still Kobes B***h

Is this a joke? If not, you're delusional. Seek help. :oldlol:

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Are we really supposed act like LeBron wasn't their best player last night just because Wade scored 8 more points on 11 more shots?

Wade was ballin' but I can't ignore what LeBron did on the boards, playmaking and his defensive work on Paul George.

Jameerthefear
12-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Wade was obviously the more impactful player last night.

Spaulding
12-19-2013, 02:30 PM
I was laughing at the ESPN highlights. It was all about Bron as usual and wade got barely any recognition.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-19-2013, 02:33 PM
All this shows me is OP didn't watch the game and just checked who had more points in the box score as usual.

You can make a case for either. Lebron played great defense on PG and was pivotal in the comeback in the 4th Q. He also had more assists, many of which led to open baskets for Wade and Allen. But I don't expect OP to grasp anything other than points.

Solefade
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Are we really supposed act like LeBron wasn't their best player last night just because Wade scored 8 more points on 11 more shots?

Wade was ballin' but I can't ignore what LeBron did on the boards, playmaking and his defensive work on Paul George.

LeBron: +/- is +16
D.Wade: +/- is -3

Not taking shots at Wade but it's clear that Heat were struggling whenever LeBron was out and he was out for a lot of the game because of foul trouble. But Wade needed to play the way he did in order for the Heat to win.

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Wade was obviously the more impactful player last night.
24/9/7 on 61eFG%

32/3/1 on 60eFG%

I gotta give the edge to LeBron. No matter how you slice it, 6 rebounds and 6 assists has more impact than 8 points.

Solefade
12-19-2013, 02:36 PM
All this shows me is OP didn't watch the game and just checked who had more points in the box score as usual.

You can make a case for either. Lebron played great defense on PG and was pivotal in the comeback in the 4th Q. He also had more assists, many of which led to open baskets for Wade and Allen. But I don't expect OP to grasp anything other than points.

just looks at points, ignores how many shots he took to get those points, defense, and overall impact.

typical westbrook/kobe fan.

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I was laughing at the ESPN highlights. It was all about Bron as usual and wade got barely any recognition.
Well, that's to be expected. There are games where Wade or Bosh is legitimately better, but it's gonna be about LeBron. That's how the media does it.

lakerspng
12-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Wade kept them in the game, scoring crucial buckets to keep it close when LeBron was on the bench with foul trouble, especially in the first half. Lebron's play in the second half made the difference.

I wouldn't call either the MVP, without either the Heat had no chance of winning that game whatsoever. Some games there is clearly a "MVP" for a team. this was not one.

ESPN's need to label someone MVP of a game, is the root of the problem.

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Wade kept them in the game, scoring crucial buckets to keep it close when LeBron was on the bench with foul trouble, especially in the first half. Lebron's play in the second half made the difference.

I wouldn't call either the MVP, without either the Heat had no chance of winning that game whatsoever. Some games there is clearly a "MVP" for a team. this was not one.

This.

Mr. Incredible
12-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Kobe is LeBron's b1tch.

13-6 all-time.

sportjames23
12-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Kobe is LeBron's b1tch.

13-6 all-time.

Inb4 5 > 2

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Inb4 5 > 2
4 > 1

Mr. Jabbar
12-19-2013, 03:36 PM
mama there goes that last bit of credibility

pauk
12-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Well Lebron was perhaps overall accountable for a bit more offensively with his passing, many of assists which actually went to Wade under the basket for easy baskets, then he rebounded more and had greater impact defensively... the run in the 4th happened most due to him scoring/passing... even the last shots to tie and take the lead were Lebron creations...

arifgokcen
12-19-2013, 03:40 PM

This

thank you mate

Black and White
12-19-2013, 03:43 PM
MVP of a regular season game???? Thats just stupid, next they will be doing MVPs of each quarter.

Mr Exlax
12-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't get it OP. You've made more threads about LeBron than anybody else. Are you a fan?

Frozen1
12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Lebron made 2 gamewinning assists, of course he was the MVP.

secund2nun
12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
24/9/7 on 61eFG%

32/3/1 on 60eFG%

I gotta give the edge to LeBron. No matter how you slice it, 6 rebounds and 6 assists has more impact than 8 points.

Not for low IQ fans who only care about the amount of points a player scores.

Low iQ players for low IQ fans.

moe94
12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
He scored more points therefore he was more valuable!

ortonsaw
12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
wrong wrong and wrong
its joey crawford

branslowski
12-19-2013, 04:10 PM
LeBron was like Jason Kidd, Wade was like Jordan.

How can LeBron be the MVP of the game when he didn't even score a single point in the final 9 minutes of the game? Players like Jordan/Kobe take over or atleast try too....Luckily Wade and Allen had dat clutch swag in the 4th.

SilkkTheShocker
12-19-2013, 04:25 PM
LeBron >>> Kobe

Mass Debator
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Forgotten Wade facts:

- 3 of Lebron's assists came from Wade cuts/posts or fast breaks.
- Forced 3 steals. Lebron forced 1 on George with 2 of them being bad passes to him from Stephenson and Hill at the end.
- Held Lance to 2 points in the second half (which he scored on Allen)
- Scored 9 points in the third and 9 points in the fourth. (7 points coming in 3 minutes starting from the 5.5 minute mark in the 4th)
- Blocked Scola in the 4th (not sure why it wasn't recorded) for easy basket
- 3 point play around 3.5 minutes left to cut it to 5.
- Went up to tip the ball (rebound) to Lebron on Allen's game winning shot

I give it to Wade this game but Lebron was valuable too. Hibbert on the bench was key too.

Trollsmasher
12-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Kobe is LeBron's b1tch.

13-6 all-time.
*13-4

Kobe played about 17 minutes combined in the first two wins

TheMarkMadsen
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
*13-4

Kobe played about 17 minutes combined in the first two wins

Don't forget that Melo dominates Lebron & Durant in head to head match ups,

All Net
12-19-2013, 05:27 PM
They both needed to come up big. Wade scores more but LeBron was key too.

Nash
12-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Eh, it wasn't only ESPN that rated his performance higher than Wade.

Lebron had 24 points, 7 assists and 9 boards on 14 shots.

Trollsmasher
12-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Don't forget that Melo dominates Lebron & Durant in head to head match ups,
It's 12-11 for LeBron:confusedshrug:

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Why is this even a topic? Even if Wade was better in this game, who cares? Why do the same LeBron haters always pop up when Wade has a good game making "Wade was better in this game" threads? What point are you trying to make?

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 05:42 PM
It's 12-11 for LeBron:confusedshrug:
does that include playoffs, which is 4-1?

Trollsmasher
12-19-2013, 05:43 PM
does that include playoffs, which is 4-1?
yep

Micku
12-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too.

LeBron: +/- is +16
D.Wade: +/- is -3

Not taking shots at Wade but it's clear that Heat were struggling whenever LeBron was out and he was out for a lot of the game because of foul trouble. But Wade needed to play the way he did in order for the Heat to win.

Well, Wade kept them in the game mostly. When a bunch of players weren't making their shots, Wade was the one who kept scoring. Wade also scored a bit more in the 4th I believe?

I think the biggest plus of the points happened when Hibbert was on the bench with a bunch of fouls with Wade on the bench and LeBron was on the floor taking advantage.

I think Paul George was killing Wade from what I saw. He got away with LeBron too a few times. Both had a case for it. If anything Hibbert sitting was the true savior of the Heat winning the game.

Solefade
12-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Well, Wade kept them in the game mostly. When a bunch of players weren't making their shots, Wade was the one who kept scoring. Wade also scored a bit more in the 4th I believe?

I think the biggest plus of the points happened when Hibbert was on the bench with a bunch of fouls with Wade on the bench and LeBron was on the floor taking advantage.

I think Paul George was killing Wade from what I saw. He got away with LeBron too a few times. Both had a case for it. If anything Hibbert sitting was the true savior of the Heat winning the game.

True but Mahinmi filled in very well for Hibbert. The bench in general did.

Hoopz2332
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM

Hibbert had no real impact on the game. The pacers biggest surges came from the lineup with Scola and Mihinni. lebron's +16 stands out like sore thumb when you look at everyone else inclduing the pacers side

http://i.imgur.com/UgRBrRr.png

Thats how huge of an impact LBJ was having

TylerOO
12-19-2013, 06:30 PM

How's that lookin now ? :roll:

Heavincent
12-19-2013, 06:44 PM
ESPN slobbering all over Lebron's dick?

Shocking.

Micku
12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Hibbert had no real impact on the game. The pacers biggest surges came from the lineup with Scola and Mihinni. lebron's +16 stands out like sore thumb when you look at everyone else inclduing the pacers side

True in terms of Scola and Mihinni filling in for Hibbert very well, but Hibbert had a bunch of fouls too pretty well. He usually average more minutes than he what he played last night. It was a miss opportunity for Hibbert to average more points and rebounds like he usually do against the Heat.

jlip
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Why is anyone discussing an "MVP" for game 25 of an 82 game season irrespective of what teams were playing?

SpaceJammeR
12-19-2013, 07:33 PM
why do you care so much tho?

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 07:35 PM
why do you care so much tho?

OP hides under a sock account.

NumberSix
12-19-2013, 07:41 PM
ESPN slobbering all over Lebron's dick?

Shocking.
Mostly his balls really.