PDA

View Full Version : Current Heat vs 1996 Bulls

Element
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Who wins a 7 game series between the two teams?

Solefade
12-19-2013, 03:19 PM
inb4 anyone who says the Heat gets flamed.

Mr. Jabbar
12-19-2013, 03:34 PM
we know jordan and wade are gonna get theirs, its gonna be up to the role players

juju151111
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Sweep and I'm not joking. The Bulls are just way better.

Dagouch
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Wouldn't 90's Rules Favor the Bulls in a seven game Series?

Honestly I would love to see Hakeem's and Clyde's Rockets vs The Heat.

LeGOAT
12-19-2013, 03:39 PM
we know jordan and wade are gonna get theirs, its gonna be up to the role players
Your trolling has fallen off worse than Kobe

Mr. Jabbar
12-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Your trolling has fallen off worse than Kobe

lol dontbemadtho

sportjames23
12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Sweep and I'm not joking. The Bulls are just way better.

I'd give the Heat one game (at home), so Bulls in 5. Current Heat would be the easiest opponent the Bulls had in the Finals.

Black and White
12-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I would say Bulls in 5 or 6. There will be a game or two that Wade or LeBron go off.

K Xerxes
12-19-2013, 03:54 PM
:facepalm

Bulls sweep. Imagine what Rodman would do against the Heat rebounding wise? Bosh's soft ass will be left with multiple holes by the end of the series.

Wouldn't 90's Rules Favor the Bulls in a seven game Series?

Honestly I would love to see Hakeem's and Clyde's Rockets vs The Heat.

Heat made the 12-8 Roy Hibbert into a 22-11 player, making him looking like a Hakeem lite out there. What would the real Hakeem do to the Heat?

Heat are built for this weak big man era. They win in spite of being small, not because of it.

hitmanyr2k
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM

Bulls sweep. Imagine what Rodman would do against the Heat rebounding wise? Bosh's soft ass will be left with multiple holes by the end of the series.

Heat made the 12-8 Roy Hibbert into a 22-11 player, making him looking like a Hakeem lite out there. What would the real Hakeem do to the Heat?

Heat are built for this weak big man era. They win in spite of being small, not because of it.

I would rather see the Heat vs. the '96 Orlando Magic. If Miami has so much trouble with the pacers and a scrub like Hibbert I'd love to see how they'd fare against a true dominant big in Shaq and a point guard with great handles like Penny.

Dagouch
12-19-2013, 04:14 PM

You hit my point exactly. I would love to see Hakeem do his work against the Heat. :cheers:

Rose'sACL
12-19-2013, 04:18 PM

wouldn't heat get someone good themselves instead of bosh? they are made for current league. i am sure bosh would have been traded by now if they were facing great big men on regular basis.

Micku
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I'll say this one thing about this comparison. The Heat match up better against the Bulls than they do against the Magic, Knicks and Heat back in those days. The Magic probably would embarrass them much more than the Bulls. If Roy Hibbert and David West kills them every time, Shaq and Grant frontline would be like unfair. Not to mention the whole Magic team was just big in general with Penny running the point. They also match up better with the 3pt shooting.

Tho the Heat had better defense than them and the Magic didn't run that great of an offense.

With that said, the Bulls would probably win because of Rodman. He should destroy them in offensive boards or the boards in general. And the Bulls had a bunch of bigs, even though they were fodder. I think Luc Longley would be happy and he may get some better games due to the small ass lineup the Heat would throw out sometimes. The Heat could spread the floor better with their superior 3pt shooters, but the Bulls had arguably the best individual and most versatile perimeter defenders to throw at them.

It'll be interesting to see how well the Bulls defend LeBron and healthy Wade. I would assume it'll be easier to contain LeBron (spurs) than it would be to contain Jordan.

But current Heat isn't healthy yet. So, Oden (lol) may really work out for them. Beasley too. And it depends on the rules as well. It'll probably give a slight advantage to either team.

jzek
12-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Here's the poll - http://strawpoll.me/889695

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
'96 Bulls, come on. Pippen would do better at attempting to neutralize James than Butler, or Boris Diaw. Wade, un-healthy, would get out smart, and out skilled by '96 Jordan consistently. And Rodman would abuse Bosh in ways that personally he might secretly enjoy. Especially Rodman's old gay tactics. Longely would even be more effective given his size, and the Heat's lack of size. Harper could close out on Chalmer's jumpers, as well as help swarm on either Wade or LeBron.

K Xerxes
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
And Rodman would abuse Bosh in ways that personally he might secretly enjoy.

****ing brilliant :oldlol:

Young X
12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
'96 Bulls, come on. Pippen would do better at attempting to neutralize James than Butler, or Boris Diaw. Wade, un-healthy, would get out smart, and out skilled by '96 Jordan consistently. And Rodman would abuse Bosh in ways that personally he might secretly enjoy. Especially Rodman's old gay tactics. Longely would even be more effective given his size, and the Heat's lack of size. Harper could close out on Chalmer's jumpers, as well as help swarm on either Wade or LeBron.^What he said.

TheMan
12-19-2013, 07:13 PM
So OP is asking what team would win between one led by GOAT MJ or the other by LBJ.

As if it's even a question who'd win...:oldlol:

bond10
12-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Pippen and Lebron would stop Lebron
MJ and Wade's injuries will stop Wade
Rodman will obliterate Bosh

TonyMontana
12-19-2013, 07:56 PM
The Heat have the advantage in terms of their premier star(LeBrons impact is greater than Jordans), but the Bulls out class the Heat at the coaching level and the supporting class.

Pippen is the best perimeter player of the 90s not named Jordan. He is a better version of current Paul George who most people have in the top 5. Rodman is the best rebounder and arguably defender of all-time. He would guarantee the Bulls a 2-1(at minimum) edge on the boards.

I don't think LeBrons advantage over Jordan is enough to make up for Phil Jackson, Pippen, Rodman and the rest of the stacked Bulls cast. Bulls in 6.

red1
12-19-2013, 07:59 PM
this guys trolling has no limits :roll:

red1
12-19-2013, 08:00 PM
The Heat have the advantage in terms of their premier star(LeBrons impact is greater than Jordans), but the Bulls out class the Heat at the coaching level and the supporting class.

Pippen is the best perimeter player of the 90s not named Jordan. He is a better version of current Paul George who most people have in the top 5. Rodman is the best rebounder and arguably defender of all-time. He would guarantee the Bulls a 2-1(at minimum) edge on the boards.

I don't think LeBrons advantage over Jordan is enough to make up for Phil Jackson, Pippen, Rodman and the rest of the stacked Bulls cast. Bulls in 6.
neither does this fool's :roll:

97 bulls
12-19-2013, 08:07 PM
The Bulls would obliterate the Heat.

I feel Luc Longley is on par with Hibbert. And we see what he does to the Heat

Inferno
12-19-2013, 08:09 PM

:oldlol:

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 08:10 PM
2001 Lakers give the Bulls more problems than the Heat IMO.

Bulls would not be pushed to game 7 and brink of defeat against that old ass San Antonio team with a hurting Parker, certainly not a younger Bulls team.

Heat are talented but they're not a "great" team. They're too fragile mentally, that Ray Allen bailout thing ... never should've gotten that far to begin with.

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 08:12 PM

That's just masterful. :lol

Black and White
12-19-2013, 08:14 PM

:bowdown: The GOAT

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Bulls would not be pushed to game 7 and brink of defeat against that old ass San Antonio team with a hurting Parker, certainly not a younger Bulls team.

2013 Spurs are an underrated team. They were as good as defensively as the 2008 and 2010 Boston Celtics. They just steam rolled the competitions in the Western Conference. They swept Grizzlies in the conference finals. Memphis had the best front court last season.

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2013, 08:17 PM

Heat are talented but they're not a "great" team. They're too fragile mentally, that Ray Allen bailout thing ... never should've gotten that far to begin with.
THIS

2011 - Current HEAT are a poor man's '96 - '98 Bulls.

2001 Lakers provide biggest challenge for the older '96 - '98 Bulls. I actually think the early 90's Bulls with peak Jordan stand a better chance v.s. them due to MJ's activity, versatility, all around dominance. Cartwright, Scott Williams, Stacey King, and Will Perdue were bigger bodies to throw at Shaq too.

Either version of Pippen gives them problems.

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 08:19 PM
The Bulls would obliterate the Heat.

I feel Luc Longley is on par with Hibbert. And we see what he does to the Heat
lol

97 bulls
12-19-2013, 08:20 PM
THIS

2011 - Current HEAT are a poor man's '96 - '98 Bulls.

2001 Lakers provide biggest challenge for the older '96 - '98 Bulls. I actually think the early 90's Bulls with peak Jordan stand a better chance v.s. them due to MJ's activity, versatility, all around dominance. Cartwright, Scott Williams, Stacey King, and Will Perdue were bigger bodies to throw at Shaq too.

Either version of Pippen gives them problems.
But the Bulls swept a more talented Magic team than the 01 Lakers. Much more talented.

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2013, 08:20 PM
I feel Luc Longley is on par with Hibbert.

Your opinion on ANYTHING Bulls related is done.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2013, 08:24 PM

I'm beginning to think dude is a Jordan hater/Kobe fan in disguise. How can anyone that doesn't have an agenda be soo biased? WTF? :oldlol:

97 bulls
12-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Lol . Longley was a 10/6 guy vs great centers. Hibbert is a 12/8 guy vs scrubs.

97 bulls
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm beginning to think dude is a Jordan hater/Kobe fan in disguise. How can anyone that doesn't have an agenda be soo biased? WTF? :oldlol:
How? Because I feel Jordan was surrounded by great players? Theres a reason that why that team won so many games. And it wasn't just because of Jordan as 94 exhibited. Or just Pippen as we saw in 98. Or Rodman who missed a lot of time in 97. They had a great. Team.

Put any serviceable Center from the 90s into this era of Centers and theyre gonna look better.

veilside23
12-19-2013, 08:38 PM
MJ in the finals 6 out of 6?? need i say more ? :confusedshrug:

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 08:39 PM
2013 Spurs are an underrated team. They were as good as defensively as the 2008 and 2010 Boston Celtics. They just steam rolled the competitions in the Western Conference. They swept Grizzlies in the conference finals. Memphis had the best front court last season.

They're a good team but they wouldn't sniff the Finals in the 90s. Not this version of the Spurs -- as in Duncan 3-4 years removed from his prime and Ginobli an absolute shell of what he used to be. On top of that, Parker was hurt in the freaking Finals, lol.

The 96 Bulls would go to town on that squad.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
How? Because I feel Jordan was surrounded by great players? Theres a reason that why that team won so many games. And it wasn't just because of Jordan as 94 exhibited. Or just Pippen as we saw in 98. Or Rodman who missed a lot of time in 97. They had a great. Team.

Put any serviceable Center from the 90s into this era of Centers and theyre gonna look better.

By saying shit like:
Longley = Hibbert
Pippen = Magic
Kukoc =/= Dirk

You're obviously intelligent, but you get crazy with your bias. The Tommy Heinsohn of posters. :oldlol:

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
They're a good team but they wouldn't sniff the Finals in the 90s. Not this version of the Spurs -- as in Duncan 3-4 years removed from his prime and Ginobli an absolute shell of what he used to be. On top of that, Parker was hurt in the freaking Finals, lol.

The 96 Bulls would go to town on that squad.

You started to hate Lebron after he won his 2nd Finals MVP at the age of 28 yrs.old, and less than 6 months. Stop overrating the Bulls. They losses 2 games against the Sonics in the 1996 NBA Finals. Jordan had his worst finals stats while being guarded by a 6'2" Gary Payton.

veilside23
12-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Jordan had his worst finals stats while being guarded by a 6'2" Gary Payton.

6 out 6 rings... sorry but thats the fact... i dont care about the age or what ever... the fact is jordan never lost the finals... something lebron wasnt able to do ... End of discussion..

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM
You started to hate Lebron after he won his 2nd Finals MVP at the age of 28 yrs.old, and less than 6 months. Stop overrating the Bulls. They losses 2 games against the Sonics in the 1996 NBA Finals. Jordan had his worst finals stats while being guarded by a 6'2" Gary Payton.

That series was more done than Britney Spears' music career before it even started, the Bulls were up 3-0 and Seattle was never coming back.

Chicago just let the gas off the pedal for a couple of games before deciding to party on their home floor. They were toying with them (and pretty much the entire league that season).

Not even close to the Spurs in this year, that series was basically won for the Spurs barring that miracle shot by Allen.

And Payton was more like 6'4.

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM
6 out 6 rings... sorry but thats the fact... i dont care about the age or what ever... the fact is jordan never lost the finals... something lebron wasnt able to do ... End of discussion..

Jordan also losses plenty of times in the first round of the playoffs. It sucks that a 22 yrs.old Lebron beat the veterans Pistons in the Conference Finals.

Just became a huge fan of Payton and Kemp after the Sonics performance in the Finals. They did pretty well against a very stacked Jordan's Bulls.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Wade isnt getting anything. MJ will lock his ass up

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Kukoc =/= Dirk

When did he say this ?

:biggums:

I've see him say Kukoc is better than Chris Bosh.

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 09:47 PM
The Current Heat might win 2 or 3 games against the 1996 Bulls. Heat are a much better team than the 1996 Seattle Supersonics.

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd take the Heat over the 96 Sonics, though that'd probably be closer than a lot of people would admit, but I'd take the '96 Magic over the current Heat. No answer for Shaq.

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd take the Heat over the 96 Sonics, though that'd probably be closer than a lot of people would admit, but I'd take the '96 Magic over the current Heat. No answer for Shaq.

True

But We haven't seen the Current Heat with Beasley against a team with a solid front court like the Indiana Pacers. Mike didn't play against the Pacers this season because he's still injured. Beasley is going to be the Heat's Tony Kukoc in the playoffs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2013, 09:55 PM

I wouldn't. Unless the Magic have Horace Grant healthy.

Soundwave
12-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't. Unless the Magic have Horace Grant healthy.

Either way, Miami's front court would need a rape kit after the series and some counselling too. I don't think LeBron or Wade are challenging a young Shaq at the rim either, not the same guys who start thinking twice because Hibbert is down there.

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2013, 09:59 PM
If Kemp gave Rodman troubles, I'm pretty sure he'd give Miami fits. I take the Heat, depending on of aggressive LeBron or passive LeBron shows up or conversely how health Wade happens to be. But my guess is that series would be close. Shaq - Penny Magic could absolutely beat this Heat team. Their greatest advantages are the Heat's greatest weaknesses.

97 bulls
12-19-2013, 10:00 PM
When did he say this ?

:biggums:

I've see him say Kukoc is better than Chris Bosh.
I said Toni Kukoc as the man could lead a team similarly to what Bosh did in Toronto.

Soundwave
Shawn Kemp was a helluva player before he let himself go. He'd be the best big in the NBA today now that Dwight has gone full ******.

veilside23
Jordan also losses plenty of times in the first round of the playoffs. It sucks that a 22 yrs.old Lebron beat the veterans Pistons in the Conference Finals.

Just became a huge fan of Payton and Kemp after the Sonics performance in the Finals. They did pretty well against a very stacked Jordan's Bulls.

it doesnt matter karl malone won alot of playoff games charles barkley won alot of playoff games.. but they lost the finals ...

so i could care less about losing millions of playoff games as a first option but never lost the finals.. you are kidding your self if you would be satisfied being in the playoffs every year and not win it all.. your logic is like of a kid.. or lets say your homerism is surreal... the fact is you only like kemp or payton after the 1996 finals says something about you being picky. every team in the finals is a stack team.. FACT IS Jordan never lost the finals.. what is your argument about that saying that lebron had a weak cast?when they got swept against the spurs? and their big three is still weak when dirk torched them..?

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 10:01 PM
It's still premature to talk about this fantasy match up. Pat riley is probably going to add some finals piece before the NBA trading deadline.

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 10:06 PM
it doesnt matter karl malone won alot of playoff games charles barkley won alot of playoff games.. but they lost the finals ...

so i could care less about losing millions of playoff games as a first option but never lost the finals.. you are kidding your self if you would be satisfied being in the playoffs every year and not win it all.. your logic is like of a kid.. or lets say your homerism is surreal... the fact is you only like kemp or payton after the 1996 finals says something about you being picky. every team in the finals is a stack team.. FACT IS Jordan never lost the finals.. what is your argument about that saying that lebron had a weak cast?when they got swept against the spurs? and their big three is still weak when dirk torched them..?

I couldn't care less. we haven't seen the Current Heat play in the playoffs. I don't give a $hit if Lebron would never surpass Jordan. I am enjoying his success in this era while F@ggots like you live in nostalgia.

You reminded me of the stupid Pacquiao and Mayweather fans who thinks they are both a top 20 boxer of all time.

They are not even the best boxer in the last 25 years. Hopkins has a better resume, and he beat better fighters than Manny and Floyd.

I<3NBA
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
but Miami Heat still the most stacked team of all time :banana:

Lebron23
12-19-2013, 10:14 PM
No. And the 1983 Sixers, 1986 Celtics, and 1987 Lakers would beat the 1996 Bulls in a best of 7 series.

diamenz
12-19-2013, 11:00 PM
bulls in 5... rodman being the determining factor.

poido123
12-20-2013, 01:09 AM
The Current Heat might win 2 or 3 games against the 1996 Bulls. Heat are a much better team than the 1996 Seattle Supersonics.

That Sonics team would beat current Heat too.

A much better team than Sonics my ass :oldlol:

sportjames23
12-20-2013, 01:29 AM
LOL at anyone thinking this Heat team would beat the 96 Sonics or Magic. Shaq would have a damn field day on this Heat team in the post. Kemp would be arrested for sexual assault for what he'd do against the Heat. Hell, some folks say despite the Bulls winning, Kemp was the MVP of the 96 Finals (I don't see it that way, of course, but he did beast in the Finals that year).

SamuraiSWISH
12-20-2013, 01:53 AM
LOL at anyone thinking this Heat team would beat the 96 Sonics or Magic. Shaq would have a damn field day on this Heat team in the post. Kemp would be arrested for sexual assault for what he'd do against the Heat. Hell, some folks say despite the Bulls winning, Kemp was the MVP of the 96 Finals (I don't see it that way, of course, but he did beast in the Finals that year).
Nah bro ... David West and Roy Hibbert > Shawn Kemp and Shaquille O'Neal.

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 02:08 AM
That Sonics team would beat current Heat too.

A much better team than Sonics my ass :oldlol:

Yeah, that Sonics team was pretty good. They defended the perimter really well, had lots of three point shooters, and Kemp was beasting. The Heat would not have an aswer for Kemp and the Sonics could throw a lot of good defenders at Wade and Lebron.

Not sure who would win if the Heat are healthy. Pretty sure that last year's Heat team in the playoffs would lose, though.

Legends66NBA7
12-20-2013, 04:05 AM
I said Toni Kukoc as the man could lead a team similarly to what Bosh did in Toronto.

My mistake, thanks for clearing it up.