PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons or Bill Gates

Ca$H
12-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Who would you rather be?

Parsons- young, attractive, above average NBA player, will make at least 50 million during his career.

Gates- old, multibillionaire. You could buy NBA teams, NFL teams, whatever the hell you want.

EDIT I'll add Mark Zuckerberg since he is only 29.

Knicksfever2010
12-20-2013, 04:52 AM
Who would you rather be?

Parsons- young, attractive, above average NBA player, will make at least 50 million during his career.

Gates- old, multibillionaire. You could buy NBA teams, NFL teams, whatever the hell you want.

Youth always wins out. Bill gates is 58, Parsons is 25. Time is worth alot more than billions of dollars.

KyleKong
12-20-2013, 04:53 AM
Bill Gates.

I'd buy Africa.

zoom17
12-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Bill Gates.

I'd buy Africa.

why?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Parsons easy
i dont need billions and i want to ball in NBA

that enough cash for me what Parsons make.

Parsons in his prime i fvck all the bad bitche5 that want come some to get. Can Bill Gates even get hard:biggums: that nikka might have ED then what u gon do:biggums:

secund2nun
12-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Parsons. He is younger and can get hot women. Also he is not a evil illuminati freak like Gates.

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 05:10 AM
Parsons easy. That money is enough. Playing basketball as a job? Traveling city to city and getting all the women possible?

Then a 5 months summer holiday to spend all that money? Not to mention he's young, and have plenty of time to spend that cash.

zoom17
12-20-2013, 05:13 AM
pretty much what everyone already said

KyleKong
12-20-2013, 05:16 AM
why?

I'm Bill Gates don't ask me questions bitch.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Anyone who say Bill Gates is a virgin or fakkit straight up:biggums:

Breezy
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Parsons, Just so I could Jack off in the Mirror.

D-Wade316
12-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Youth always wins out. Bill gates is 58, Parsons is 25. Time is worth alot more than billions of dollars.
Well, if you're talking about time Parsons won't be remembered past his basketball days. Gates is already in the history books.

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Well, if you're talking about time Parsons won't be remembered past his basketball days. Gates is already in the history books.
Who gives a F about being in the history books. When I'm dead, I'm gone. I'd rather live a full and happy life rather than a life I didn't want, but remembered.

D-Wade316
12-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Who gives a F about being in the history books. When I'm dead, I'm gone. I'd rather live a full and happy life rather than a life I didn't want, but remembered.
So you're saying Bill Gates wouldn't have want the life he had up to this point? You dumb boi :lol

kurple
12-20-2013, 09:36 AM
bill gates easily

what will parsons be in 15 years? Old, ugly and soon to be broke (maybe not soon)

D-Wade316
12-20-2013, 09:41 AM
bill gates easily

what will parsons be in 15 years? Old, ugly and soon to be broke (maybe not soon)
This

Power, wealth, influence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... looks

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 09:42 AM
So you're saying Bill Gates wouldn't have want the life he had up to this point? You dumb boi :lol
What? What does it have to do with Bill Gates? Of course he'll choose his own life, just like I would choose mine.

It's about you having their life from now. Why would I want that name to be in the record book? Means nothing to me. I want more time to enjoy a good life.

kurple
12-20-2013, 09:44 AM
what makes you think you'd enjoy life more as parsons than gates?

because he's somewhat good looking? LOL, come on

retaxis
12-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I rather be myself. Money doesn't buy happiness its just the dream of the ignorant.

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 09:48 AM
what makes you think you'd enjoy life more as parsons than gates?

because he's somewhat good looking? LOL, come on
Because I get to play basketball for a career, travel all the time, have a 5 month summer vacation. And yes, the women.

Having youth is also great. Many young people are too busy at work, so when they finally earn money, they don't have time. Many old people who finally accumulated the wealth, no longer have the youth and adventurous spirit to enjoy life.

D-Wade316
12-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Because I get to play basketball for a career, travel all the time, have a 5 month summer vacation. And yes, the women.

Having youth is also great. Many young people are too busy at work, so when they finally earn money, they don't have time. Many old people who finally accumulated the wealth, no longer have the youth and adventurous spirit to enjoy life.
What makes you say so?

Rose'sACL
12-20-2013, 09:58 AM

I agree with this.
If it was the option of parsons or 35 yr old gates then I would choose gates' life.

kurple
12-20-2013, 10:15 AM

you could own an NBA team if your Gates (could even play yourself if you really wanna)

you could have 12month summer vacation as Gates

do you really think you'd have ANY problem getting girls if you're the richest man on the planet? and dont give me that "they're only after the money" shit. All the girls hooking up with Parsons are golddiggers as well

and saying Gates doesnt have the youth and adventurous spirit to enjoy life is pure useless speculation from your side.

blackification
12-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Bill gates became a billionaire at age 31 this isnt even a contest

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 10:25 AM
you could own an NBA team if your Gates (could even play yourself if you really wanna)

you could have 12month summer vacation as Gates

do you really think you'd have ANY problem getting girls if you're the richest man on the planet? and dont give me that "they're only after the money" shit. All the girls hooking up with Parsons are golddiggers as well

and saying Gates doesnt have the youth and adventurous spirit to enjoy life is pure useless speculation from your side.
Point is, I don't really want to own an NBA team. Nor do I want to buy an entire city. I also don't need a castle for a home. Parson's wealth is enough for me to secure what I want and make sure my family lives comfortably.

12 months vacation without work makes you feel kinda of useless. I love basketball, and I want to play basketball. Playing it as a career is a dream come true.

As for girls- there's no way for Gates to get any type of girl at this point without any financial reward. Either a high class hooker, or a girl that he'll have to spend constantly to keep happy. For Parson? I'm sure he can get a regular gf without having to use much of his money.

And for the last part- Gates is what, nearly 60 now? Biologically speaking, he just doesn't have as much stamina and fitness as a 25 year old athlete. I want the youth so I can travel for long hours, go hiking, scuba diving, all those things without being slow, weak, and tired easily and wanting to sleep at 10pm.

kurple
12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
For Parson? I'm sure he can get a regular gf without having to use much of his money.
:lol

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Even if he has career ending injury, loses all his money, gets a regular job. You don't think he can get a regular gf? Regular people can get gf, but not him?
You don't think he'll walk into a club and get all the girls staring at him?

kurple
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
And for the last part- Gates is what, nearly 60 now? Biologically speaking, he just doesn't have as much stamina and fitness as a 25 year old athlete. I want the youth so I can travel for long hours, go hiking, scuba diving, all those things without being slow, weak, and tired easily and wanting to sleep at 10pm.
you are just saying things to prove your point

i'm sure gates is able to scuba dive and travel for long hours. he could even hire someone to carry him if he wants go hiking and see some nice nature

why would Gates care about having the fitness and stamina of an athlete?

the only thing you have said that made any sense was that playing pro basketball is a dream. then its obvious choosing Parsons would be the best thing for you

but the other reasons are BS

kurple
12-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Even if he has career ending injury, loses all his money, gets a regular job. You don't think he can get a regular gf? Regular people can get gf, but not him?
You don't think he'll walk into a club and get all the girls staring at him?

i was laughing at the not having to spend any money part

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 10:34 AM
you are just saying things to prove your point

i'm sure gates is able to scuba dive and travel for long hours. he could even hire someone to carry him if he wants go hiking and see some nice nature

why would Gates care about having the fitness and stamina of an athlete?

the only thing you have said that made any sense was that playing pro basketball is a dream. then its obvious choosing Parsons would be the best thing for you

but the other reasons are BS
You're forgetting the most important thing. Gates has 30ish years left. Parsons is 25, he has 60ish years.

2 times the years to live? I'd take it, even without the money. Time is priceless. Money is not a problem for both, why would you not choose 60 years more to live.

If you gave me an option to be a billionaire tomorrow, but be 65 years old, I wouldn't take it.

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Steve Jobs

kurple
12-20-2013, 10:37 AM
time is another valid point

gates should just buy a cure for cancer

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
time is another valid point

gates should just buy a cure for cancer

Gates should poor money into anti-aging research.

midatlantic09
12-20-2013, 10:43 AM
i'd rather be parsons, but ONLY because he's 25 while gates is almost 60 yrs old.

grantz
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Gates easily.

Not only will I have an easy life I can guarantee that for generations upon generations, my family will be wealthy.

KungFuJoe
12-20-2013, 12:00 PM
We're talking about playing in the NBA. That shit is worth more than billions of dollars, especially considering that multi millions ain't too shabby.

Mass Debator
12-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Tom Brady

HoopsFanNumero1
12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Tom Brady

If they're at the same age, Gates easily. Let's be honest, most people are probably picking Parsons because they saw that picture of Parsons with the model.

eriX
12-20-2013, 12:32 PM
who wouldn't want to be one of the few influential people that can change the world? There is nothing you can't do with Bill Gates money especially if he haven't donated like half of all his wealth to charities and shiz.

ripthekik
12-20-2013, 12:33 PM
If they're at the same age, Gates easily. Let's be honest, most people are probably picking Parsons because they saw that picture of Parsons with the model.
Nah.. FOR ME, even if it was Gate at 25... I'd still rather be Parsons. It's about being an NBA player. That's living the dream, something even MONEY itself can't buy. Plus money is not that important to me.. I am sure I can do fine with what Parsons have, which is more than enough. With all that extra money, what am I supposed to do?

The good thing about being Gates at 25 though, is that he can help the society much more with what he got. He can donate so much, help and touch so many people. So if you're into the philanthropist aspect, I can see why you'd wanna be Gates and try to help, improve, and do something for the society.

Otherwise, as a selfish person, I'll just rather be an NBA player and enjoy the ride, while still being able to enjoy a very rich life.

sejoon101
12-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Hate threads like these. Always ends up being a clusterfuk with people arguing with their own views on life. How is this in ANY way NBA related?

That being said, this is my views on life.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/rachel-williams.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/rachel-williams.gif.html)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/2wd6fko.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/2wd6fko.gif.html)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/tumblr_mr9zx4s1wg1s8eo3qo1_400.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/tumblr_mr9zx4s1wg1s8eo3qo1_400.gif.html)

Oh, and a HUGE LOL @ all of you saying you'd pick Parsons over Gates because Parsons get more bitches. I'm pretty sure having swollen pockets of 50 BILLION cash, shouldn't have any problem landing hot 19~35 year old shorties.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Nah.. FOR ME, even if it was Gate at 25... I'd still rather be Parsons. It's about being an NBA player. That's living the dream, something even MONEY itself can't buy. Plus money is not that important to me.. I am sure I can do fine with what Parsons have, which is more than enough. With all that extra money, what am I supposed to do?

The good thing about being Gates at 25 though, is that he can help the society much more with what he got. He can donate so much, help and touch so many people. So if you're into the philanthropist aspect, I can see why you'd wanna be Gates and try to help, improve, and do something for the society.

Otherwise, as a selfish person, I'll just rather be an NBA player and enjoy the ride, while still being able to enjoy a very rich life.

I can understand that. But if it's about women, it's not like Gates can't get any woman he wants, though it wouldn't be good for his image.

Other that that, the only real advantage that Parson has is that he's a NBA player, which I guess is more important to you. But I'd much rather have money for future generations, and the power and respect to influence people all over the world.

VIntageNOvel
12-20-2013, 12:42 PM
with 50 billions usd,
you could become almost anything,
you could buy a small island, and create your own hunger games,
you could be a batman or iron man,
etc

tomtucker
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Bill Gates.

I'd buy Africa.

dude, you can get AIDS for free right here in America

tomtucker
12-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Hate threads like these. Always ends up being a clusterfuk with people arguing with their own views on life. How is this in ANY way NBA related?

That being said, this is my views on life.

Oh, and a HUGE LOL @ all of you saying you'd pick Parsons over Gates because Parsons get more bitches. I'm pretty sure having swollen pockets of 50 BILLION cash, shouldn't have any problem landing hot 19~35 year old shorties.

but everybody hates you and the girls are only after your money.........is that really something anybody really wants out of life.......

CelticBaller
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Tom Brady
:applause:

I'll pick Parsons, not only he's young, but he's bound to make millions and he plays one of my favorite sports for a living. I don't think I need billions to be truly happy

LeGOAT
12-20-2013, 02:11 PM
You're underating Bill Gates' sexiness and athleticism.
http://i.imgur.com/GW3si.gif

wally_world
12-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Parsons, because Lin

ProfessorMurder
12-20-2013, 02:57 PM
but everybody hates you and the girls are only after your money.........is that really something anybody really wants out of life.......

:durantunimpressed:

Other than competitive business men, who hates Bill Gates? The dude is well adjusted, loaded, has a family, and can do anything.

The only reason to choose Parsons is because he's a pro athlete, and the only reason to be a pro athlete is to get paid. You can play ball every day and have guys like Wade play pick up with you in your private court if you're Bill Gates.

Obviously higher vert than Parsons too.

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 03:39 PM
The only reason to choose Parsons is because he's a pro athlete, and the only reason to be a pro athlete is to get paid. You can play ball every day and have guys like Wade play pick up with you in your private court if you're Bill Gates.

The only reason? Some people dream of playing ball professionally because playing ball at the highest level is what they would love to do. The money is secondary.

Money isn't everything. It's nice to be able to do able to do whatever you like because of having all that money, but if that isn't your number one goal in life, and playing a professional sports is, then Parsons is the right choice.

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Also, I'd rather be a 25 year old millionare than a 59 year old billionaire. Money can't buy 34 years of life. Not yet, anyway. And life is far more precious than money.

Chuckbrook
12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Who would you rather be?

I rather be the guy that has the biggest dick.

-Brook

tomtucker
12-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Also, I'd rather be a 25 year old millionare than a 59 year old billionaire. Money can't buy 34 years of life. Not yet, anyway. And life is far more precious than money.

indeed

FKAri
12-20-2013, 09:09 PM
If they're the same age. I'd go with Bill Gates. Assuming I'd still be able to change the world like he did. As much as I love basketball. I also enjoy science and tech. One is simply better in his field than the other.

inclinerator
12-20-2013, 09:15 PM
bill gates, he probably already bought immortality

HoopsFanNumero1
12-20-2013, 09:39 PM

:applause:

He could easily have made it to the NBA if he wanted.

sejoon101
12-20-2013, 09:54 PM

Hella dumb. Much more loved than most athletes that's for sure.
These people, on the level of Gates and Buffet, influence, yes, key word, INFLUENCE the world in ways you can't imagine.

Why would a man, providing millions of jobs within your country and worldwide be hated? So stupid.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/167701.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/167701.gif.html)

I<3NBA
12-20-2013, 11:31 PM
what if you choose Bill Gates and his body croaks the next day?

inclinerator
12-20-2013, 11:36 PM
what if you choose Bill Gates and his body croaks the next day?
wat if u chose chandler parsons and his body croaks the next day :cry:

Eric Cartman
12-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd prefer to be the guy from facebook, then parsons because I would be really sexy and lastly bill gates, lol *** microsoft

ripthekik
12-21-2013, 01:18 AM
:durantunimpressed:

Other than competitive business men, who hates Bill Gates? The dude is well adjusted, loaded, has a family, and can do anything.

Obviously higher vert than Parsons too.
Last line shows you're just trolling, but "only reason to be a pro athlete is to get paid" is one of the DUMBEST things I've seen on ISH. You think playing pickup ball in the park everyday is the same as playing the at the world's highest level, at the biggest and best stadiums, in front of the world's biggest audience? You think all the pro's playing in the olympics are there just for the money? Not because of their passion and desire for their sport?

Money isn't everything. But I guess kids still in their teens do not understand this. One day you'll grow up and you'll see.

NumberSix
12-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Parsons on the assumption that he's packing mo heat.

GASOL IS GOAT
12-21-2013, 02:25 AM
Parsons. He is younger and can get hot women. Also he is not a evil illuminati freak like Gates.
Illuminati huh :coleman:

GoRapz
12-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Lol in terms of looks, Demar Derozan >>> Chandler Parsons

mjokc
12-21-2013, 04:57 AM
So many closet homos and bisexuals in this thread. This is basically a group of dudes saying they would rather be Parsons because he's "cuter".

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Why would a man, providing millions of jobs within your country and worldwide be hated? So stupid.

A lot of programmers hated him and everything about Microsoft. Now that he's out of the picture and is focused on philanthropy, the hate isn't quite there anymore. More of a historical hate now. I'd imagine Jobs was hated (and loved) more before he passed.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:02 AM
If they're the same age. I'd go with Bill Gates. Assuming I'd still be able to change the world like he did. As much as I love basketball. I also enjoy science and tech. One is simply better in his field than the other.

Prime Gates or Peak Jordan?

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 05:57 AM
A lot of programmers hated him and everything about Microsoft. Now that he's out of the picture and is focused on philanthropy, the hate isn't quite there anymore. More of a historical hate now. I'd imagine Jobs was hated (and loved) more before he passed.

Everyone hated Steve Jobs. He was fired for being a petty bitch.

tomtucker
12-21-2013, 06:29 AM

alot of people rejoyced when he got cancer and died...........bet alot of folks hate gates too.........parsons all the way

flipogb
12-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Parsons can dunk, so Parsons

eriX
12-21-2013, 06:53 AM
alot of people rejoyced when he got cancer and died...........bet alot of folks hate gates too.........parsons all the way

when you are few of the most powerful figures in the world you are obviously gonna get hated on... just look at this board with lebron vs kobe...

50_40_90_
12-21-2013, 07:09 AM
So many closet homos and bisexuals in this thread. This is basically a group of dudes saying they would rather be Parsons because he's "cuter".

No... not closet. All it means is there are dudes who fantasize about being good-looking. Who doesn't want to be attractive?

If Chandler Parsons wasn't an NBA player, I believe most women would still eye him up and think "I'd phuk that."

And knowing that fact -- females wanting to sex because you're pretty -- is a huge ego stroke, something many of us will never know. This may be worth more than billions of dollars...

... especially if you're making millions yourself.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 07:11 AM

Apples stans didn't hate him. They thought he was innovate and brought a much needed focus on the user experience.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 07:15 AM
when you are few of the most powerful figures in the world you are obviously gonna get hated on... just look at this board with lebron vs kobe...

It's not just being powerful or rich. Jobs and Gates with their respective companies did some shady shit. And they squashed others in the process. A lot of programmers hate Microsoft because they feel like it held back progress for over a decade, especially on the web. It took Google, smart phones and Apple's resurgence to change that (and more quietly but even more importantly in the background, Linux).

But then a lot of programmers also don't like that Apple is tyrannical over what can go on their smart devices, and see their walled garden as the anti-thesis to the principles of the open web and open source movement. It's kind of like the new AOL. They also don't like that trendy and hip become more important than actual quality and functionality, not that iDevices aren't very good.

tomtucker
12-21-2013, 07:22 AM
No... not closet. All it means is there are dudes who fantasize about being good-looking. Who doesn't want to be attractive?

If Chandler Parsons wasn't an NBA player, I believe most women would still eye him up and think "I'd phuk that."

And knowing that fact -- females wanting to sex because you're pretty -- is a huge ego stroke, something many of us will never know. This may be worth more than billions of dollars...

... especially if you're making millions yourself.

true