PDA

View Full Version : (Unconfirmed) Brook Lopez done for year with stress fracture on foot

niko
12-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Evan Roberts ‏@JoeandEvan 1m

Oh boy RT @Gary_Tanguay: NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse.

Hopefully unfounded.

niko
12-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Source is not a bad source btw, but it's not a Nets source. Might be speculating because Lopez didn't speak to the media and was pretty much "snuck out the back door".

We'll know soon.

Grinder
12-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Wow, this is awful news. Brook is turning into Yao Ming part 2 with these foot injuries.

Knicksfever2010
12-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Evan Roberts ‏@JoeandEvan 1m

Oh boy RT @Gary_Tanguay: NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse.

Hopefully unfounded.

good! I never wish injury on anyone but I hope Evan Roberts and the rest of his Net cronnies are in TOTAL SUFFER MODE. I hope they have to suffer. GO ON AND SUFFER- go on - suffer!

Remember this gem of a rant by Mrs. Evan Roberts when the nets traded for the pierce/kg/terry? Remember how he shot his load so quick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawvJOw-IV8

RagaZ
12-21-2013, 10:54 AM
LeCurse continues!

niko
12-21-2013, 10:57 AM
good! I never wish injury on anyone but I hope Evan Roberts and the rest of his Net cronnies are in TOTAL SUFFER MODE. I hope they have to suffer. GO ON AND SUFFER- go on - suffer!

Remember this gem of a rant by Mrs. Evan Roberts when the nets traded for the pierce/kg/terry? Remember how he shot his load so quick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawvJOw-IV8
I think your anger is unfounded. He had a happy moment, OMG. He's literally the only person on the media in NY bashing the Nets after every lost, most people just ignore them or (amazingly) say they've turned some sort of corner. He's the only person who mentioned the Wizard loss, and if Brook isn't hurt, will be the only person mentioning last night's loss.

CelticBaller
12-21-2013, 10:58 AM
The draft picks <3

Knicksfever2010
12-21-2013, 10:58 AM
I think your anger is unfounded. He had a happy moment, OMG. He's literally the only person on the media in NY bashing the Nets after every lost, most people just ignore them or (amazingly) say they've turned some sort of corner.

Evan is a fake tough guy on the radio. When he is not bashing the callers, he is complaining how women always reject him. DUH, look at you! Ya nasty and you're a dirty Jets/Nets fan. GO ON AND SUFFER, go into total SUFFER mode

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Not from a legitimate source and none of the Nets writers have acknowledged it yet. I doubt (hope) it isn't true. We need his trade value.

niko
Evan is a fake tough guy on the radio. When he is not bashing the callers, he is complaining how women always reject him. DUH, look at you! Ya nasty and you're a dirty Jets/Nets fan. GO ON AND SUFFER, go into total SUFFER mode
:lol You're funny. I don't agree but whatever...

kurple
wouldnt be surprised if this makes the nets better

niko
12-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Not from a legitimate source and none of the Nets writers have acknowledged it yet. I doubt (hope) it isn't true. We need his trade value.
He's a legit source. He might be wrong but he's a proffessional who works on TV and covers the teams on the East Coast. Don't give the impression he's Incarcerated Bob.

That said, better sources have been wrong and very wrong. The longer nothing comes out from a Nets site though would make me concerned.

ripthekik
12-21-2013, 11:03 AM
The sound of a champagne bottle popping was just heard from Lebron's house.

niko
12-21-2013, 11:03 AM
wouldnt be surprised if this makes the nets better

No, they lose almost every time he doesn't play.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 11:05 AM
He's a legit source. He might be wrong but he's a proffessional who works on TV and covers the teams on the East Coast. Don't give the impression he's Incarcerated Bob.

That said, better sources have been wrong and very wrong. The longer nothing comes out from a Nets site though would make me concerned.

What I mean is that he doesn't have any connection to the Nets that I know of and hasn't reported anything about the Nets, ever.

CelticBaller
12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
The sound of a champagne bottle popping was just heard from Danny Ainge's house.
Fixed

niko
12-21-2013, 11:07 AM
What I mean is that he doesn't have any connection to the Nets that I know of and hasn't reported anything about the Nets, ever.
Yeah i agree. That's not being a non legit source though.

kurple
12-21-2013, 11:08 AM
No, they lose almost every time he doesn't play.
whatever you say

i just got a gut feeling

niko
12-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Kidd's been playing people big minutes last few games. Even if Lopez is ok that needs to change or the Nets are going to fall apart.

No Evans!
12-21-2013, 11:20 AM
The draft picks <3

Excuse me -Hawks fans

CelticBaller
12-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Excuse me -Hawks fans
No problem you take the current one and we'll take the future picks. They are doomed with their best player being an aging pg and their center piece being an injury prone ;)

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I call BS. How would some random guy in Boston that just lost his job know before any of the Nets writers? How would they even know that he was out for the season if the injury only allegedly happened 12 hours ago? Brook just got finished playing a overtime game in which I didn't notice anything wrong with him other than his usual softness.

However he didn't talk to the media last night so idk.

netsfan549
12-21-2013, 11:49 AM
This story is true guys

netsfan549
12-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I call BS. How would some random guy in Boston that just lost his job know before any of the Nets writers? How would they even know that he was out for the season if the injury only allegedly happened 12 hours ago? Brook just got finished playing a overtime game in which I didn't notice anything wrong with him other than his usual softness.

Netsdaily just reported it

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Netsdaily just confirmed it. Where do we go from here?

netsfan549
12-21-2013, 11:51 AM
In ak47 we trust. Should nets go after asik?

CelticBaller
12-21-2013, 11:51 AM

I don't know how can anyone play with a broken foot. It's got to be painful as fvck

Uncle Drew
12-21-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/12/21/5232786/brook-lopez-has-broken-foot

ripthekik
sigh.. so it is true. Sucks for the guy and the Nets.

kurple
They are doomed with their best player being an aging pg and their center piece being an injury prone ;)
everyone is aging

deron isnt that old

kurple
12-21-2013, 11:57 AM
good thing you just called BS

poido123

I don't want to steal your thunder, but here's the link to that site.

http://www.netsdaily.com/

Weird it happened after he seemingly walked off the court like nothing happened and played over 40 minutes in OT? Something doesn't add up...

kurple
now that the nets need a C. lets make a mcgee trade happen!!

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 11:58 AM
now that the nets need a C. lets make a mcgee trade happen!!

Lopez and Plumlee

For McGee and Fareid?

Uncle Drew
12-21-2013, 11:59 AM
#BREAKING: Nets center Brook Lopez broke his foot standing around watching others collect rebounds.

lol

Mr. Incredible
12-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Heat would have swept with or without him. Poor Garnett & Pierce.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
#BREAKING: Nets center Brook Lopez broke his foot standing around watching others collect rebounds.

lol

Basically

All Net
12-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Confirmed now...

alenleomessi
12-21-2013, 12:12 PM
trade pierce and KG back to the celtics for the picks? :lol

niko
12-21-2013, 12:16 PM
How long till KG starts having some recurring injury that makes him consider retirement?

kurple
12-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Lopez and Plumlee

For McGee and Fareid?

nah. more like McGee and Hickson for Lopez (if he's out the rest of the year)

Nets fan 93
12-21-2013, 12:20 PM
This sucks a lot.... Like.... A lot

CelticBaller
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
trade pierce and KG back to the celtics for the picks? :lol
Hell no :lol

Waive them and we'll sign them back :cheers:

Nets fan 93
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
For all people that claim Lopez is soft. He broke it in the 3rd quarter. Played over 40 mins including OT.

kurple
12-21-2013, 12:23 PM
For all people that claim Lopez is soft. He broke it in the 3rd quarter. Played over 40 mins including OT.
what is wrong with the nets coaches and medical staff?

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Damn. Hate to see that. So much for the Nets being sleepers in the playoffs.

Lopez is turning out to be like Yao Ming with the injuries. Except, Lopez is much younger with his ailments.

Dude gets injured every single year. What's the deal?

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
nah. more like McGee and Hickson for Lopez (if he's out the rest of the year)

Yea but why would the Nets want to the do that without any sort of rebuilding assets.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Damn. Hate to see that. So much for the Nets being sleepers in the playoffs.

Lopez is turning out to be like Yao Ming with the injuries. Except, Lopez is much younger with his ailments.

Dude gets injured every single year. What's the deal?

He was fine last year and the 1st 2 years of his career, idk what's wrong.

CJ Mustard
12-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Danny Ainge ****ing bodied Brooklyn. :oldlol: Gave up their future for once shot to win a title...I seriously feel bad for Nets fans right now.

boozehound
12-21-2013, 12:35 PM
sucks to read this. Who starts at the 5? Blatche?

niko
12-21-2013, 12:42 PM
This is where you'd expect the Nets to go shopping to salvage their season. They need to be smart. Don't get long term salary, don't put yourself deeper into a hole to save face on picks that you don't get back either way.

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Didn't he miss alot of time the last couple years?

boozehound
12-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Monroe for AK and PP

kurple
12-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Yea but why would the Nets want to the do that without any sort of rebuilding assets.
they wouldnt. I'd give up Fournier and/or JHam at most

Lopez has minimal value now, making 15 a year while playing 20games a season

kurple
12-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Monroe for AK and PP
arent you a pistons fan?

i'd give up pretty much anything on the nuggets (not the knicks pick) for Monroe

boozehound
12-21-2013, 12:53 PM
arent you a pistons fan?

i'd give up pretty much anything on the nuggets (not the knicks pick) for Monroe
I am. I would love to keep monroe, but I dont think they will/can move jsmoove. and we need a better shooter at the 3. Maybe smoove can be forced to take more post shots (he has been lately anyways) if hes not the nominal three. Pierce is an expiring contract (pretty big one) and AK is on a damn cheap contract.

Plus this allows them to play monroe at the 5 for now and he can play the 4 when lopez comes back and kg collapses.

kurple
12-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Wilson Chandler and Faried for Monroe.

DONE!

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Wilson Chandler and Faried for Monroe.

DONE!

Do you think Faried was overrated last year? Or, rather, has he been a disappointment to Nuggets fans?

gts
12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Darn.. same foot as the one with the screw in it from breaking it before...

#number6ix#
12-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Damn that sucks... Maybe blatche for asik

boozehound
12-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Darn.. same foot as the one with the screw in it from breaking it before...
yeah this is his third injury with this foot (and 4 overall).

boozehound
12-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Damn that sucks... Maybe blatche for asik
Uhm..... WTF are you on and why aren't you sharing? Not only is the money nowhere close to matching, but damn.

kurple
12-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Do you think Faried was overrated last year? Or, rather, has he been a disappointment to Nuggets fans?
i love faried, so does all nuggets fans

but we need a roster more suited for Shaw's system, and Hickons and McGee has very limited trade value

Harison
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, Nets cant catch a break. Lopez is their best player, and after missing so many games, he is out for a season now. :(

Whats next, Deron breaks both ankles? :confusedshrug:

In any case Nets are done, and while they'll most likely make the Playoffs, what can they do there anyway?

BlackVVaves
12-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Wow, Nets cant catch a break. Lopez is their best player, and after missing so many games, he is out for a season now. :(

Whats next, Deron breaks both ankles? :confusedshrug:

In any case Nets are done, and while they'll most likely make the Playoffs, what can they do there anyway?

Be the Heat/Pacers doormat.

In all honesty, the Nets weren't going far in the postseason in all likelihood. However, I will say that out off all the other Eastern Conference teams, I'd have bet my money on them for making it out the first round. Take that for what it is, but I'm fairly certain they'd have won the Atlantic Division when the season ended.

Brokenbeat
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Maaaan, Lopez was their only hope (lol?). Tough break.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 01:40 PM
they wouldnt. I'd give up Fournier and/or JHam at most

Lopez has minimal value now, making 15 a year while playing 20games a season

His foot is obviously an issue, but this is a all star and he was healthy for the majority of last season. They could get much more than an awful contract and a small center that doesn't play defense.

LA_Showtime
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM
KG
Pierce
AK-47
Johnson
Williams

I could see this helping the Nets. None of those guys have ever played with a dominant big man. By going small, it would open up the court and give Pierce and Johnson driving lanes which otherwise wouldn't have been there.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 02:00 PM
KG
Pierce
AK-47
Johnson
Williams

I could see this helping the Nets. None of those guys have ever played with a dominant big man. By going small, it would open up the court and give Pierce and Johnson driving lanes which otherwise wouldn't have been there.

I agree I'm starting to see the upside. KG plays better at center, the Nets ball movement and speed of their offense is better without Lopez. If AK comes back healthy and they get a veteran back up center, this team could still make the playoffs. And you know... The Ewing Theory.

longtime lurker
12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
The East is so shit that the Nets could actually still make the playoffs. Get well Lopez

kidd2dwill
12-21-2013, 02:57 PM
:(

ProfessorMurder
12-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Weight.

Dude's probably put on like 30-40 pounds since being drafted. He's got to be like 290 now.

Brook should look more like Robin. There's no reason for him to pack on that mass when all he does is shoot jumpers and not rebound.

The JKidd Kid
12-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Weight.

Dude's probably put on like 30-40 pounds since being drafted. He's got to be like 290 now.

Brook should look more like Robin. There's no reason for him to pack on that mass when all he does is shoot jumpers and not rebound.

Yea he probably should've been losing weight considering his foot injuries and his inability to guard the pick and roll.

Duderonomy
12-21-2013, 04:06 PM
The Nets will still be seen in the finals Attatched to the rims

niko
12-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Question is how much of a career is he going to have? The foot just keeps breaking.

Fresh Kid
12-21-2013, 05:37 PM
another sigh of relief for Lebron:applause:

KG215
12-21-2013, 05:38 PM
LeCurse continues!
Right? I mean the Nets were rolling and clicking on all cylinders and looked to be legit threats to the Heat come playoff time.

Seriously, though, if Paul George or Roy Hibbert suffer either a season ending injury or a fairly serious/nagging injury a month or so before the playoffs start, then you might be on to something.

It's A VC3!!!
12-21-2013, 05:39 PM
wow brook. how nice of you to gain 15 pounds this season. dumbest mistake ever.

InspiredLebowski
12-21-2013, 05:41 PM
This really, really sucks. That's what, 4 foot fractures for Lopez? In like 3 years? Modern medicine improves by leaps and bounds after a snail's pace and all, but man, Yao, Ilguaskas, Smits. All bigs with either careers cut short or drastically curtailed because of their feet.

Would love, love, to be wrong, but I don't really think it looks good for Lopez's future.

InspiredLebowski
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Seriously, though, if Paul George or Roy Hibbert suffer either a season ending injury or a fairly serious/nagging injury a month or so before the playoffs start, then you might be on to something.

You shut your mouth. Hibbert's been immens....nevermind. Not gonna jinx it.

It's A VC3!!!
12-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I just got back from work and come back to hear this. Very awful. Why the **** did he add 15 pounds over the summer knowing that he had a screw in his foot? This guy should have lost 15 pounds and played around 260. A 7 footer weighing 290 pounds with bad feet sounds awful. Horrible mistake by him. When it rains for the Nets it pours. Injuries were going to be a problem but this is just downright unfortunate and no way the Nets will do anything without Brook.

It's A VC3!!!
12-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Just saw the video of him breaking his foot. Of course it had to happen with him going up soft. At this point Brook is damaged goods and it's time to get a new center.

niko
12-21-2013, 05:59 PM
What world do net fans live in that there's another All-Star center that they're going to get? You also have limited trade assets. Unless you take really really bad long-term contracts there is no one you're going to get that's worth it. I've heard even Asik mentioned. Everyone was traded for Garnet and Pierce.

I don't think that fans really respected what Lopez gave them. They will soon.

It's A VC3!!!
12-21-2013, 06:00 PM
another sigh of relief for Lebron:applause:
I know right. Geez, the LeBron curse lives on.

InspiredLebowski
12-21-2013, 06:13 PM
What world do net fans live in that there's another All-Star center that they're going to get? You also have limited trade assets. Unless you take really really bad long-term contracts there is no one you're going to get that's worth it. I've heard even Asik mentioned. Everyone was traded for Garnet and Pierce.

I don't think that fans really respected what Lopez gave them. They will soon.The Nets are ****ed, period. I'd have to look it up but they either don't have a pick or their pick's getting swapped to someone through like 2018. They have zero assets and if they blow it up they don't keep their pick.

It's a LONG haul for the Nets unless they just kill it with a bunch of like 18th picks. Which, hey, Indy did it, it's no impossible.

Fresh Kid
12-21-2013, 06:19 PM
I know right. Geez, the LeBron curse lives on.
Yep its so damn sad that I actually feel sorry for tha nets now:facepalm :confusedshrug:

hawkfan
12-21-2013, 06:53 PM
sucks to read this. Who starts at the 5? Blatche?

Plumlee should start, with Blatche in his usual role but with more minutes.

It's A VC3!!!
12-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Plumlee should start, with Blatche in his usual role but with more minutes.
KG will get moved to center and Mirza will start at the four. Blatche will come off the bench and Reggie might get some actual playing time now. Man, I never though Brook would miss an entire season again. What an idiot. Why would you freaking add 15 pounds with a screw in your foot?!?!?

Mr. Incredible
12-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Nets weren't going to do anything anyway.

niko
12-21-2013, 08:54 PM
You shut your mouth. Hibbert's been immens....nevermind. Not gonna jinx it.
How exactly does Lopez getting hurt affect Miami?

Fresh Kid
12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Nets weren't going to do anything anyway.
you lebron stans are talking way too much shit:coleman:

niko
12-21-2013, 09:07 PM
The Nets making a move where they trade Pierce for someone with a huge contract, killing their FA also in two years is stupid. It's an Isiah move, compounding an error with another error.

Bigsmoke
12-21-2013, 09:10 PM
That sucks

gigantes
12-21-2013, 09:13 PM
The Nets making a move where they trade Pierce for someone with a huge contract, killing their FA also in two years is stupid. It's an Isiah move, compounding an error with another error.
...but it might be an isiah+ move, which just about sums up the nets' moves under king.

i guess the good news is, the nets likely weren't going anywhere this year. so it's all gravy for mason plumlee, who has already been terrific in a limited role.

niko
12-21-2013, 09:16 PM
...but it might be an isiah+ move, which just about sums up the nets' moves under king.

i guess the good news is, the nets likely weren't going anywhere this year. so it's all gravy for mason plumlee, who has already been terrific in a limited role.
That's kind of my point, if the Nets go for Z-Bo it will be Plumlee + Expirer. Things like that are death. It extends the Nets window of being not able to make necessary changes another year or two. I hate to insult my team, but it's terribly Knick like.

NumberSix
12-21-2013, 09:22 PM
It's definitely confirmed.

gigantes
12-21-2013, 10:07 PM
That's kind of my point, if the Nets go for Z-Bo it will be Plumlee + Expirer. Things like that are death. It extends the Nets window of being not able to make necessary changes another year or two. I hate to insult my team, but it's terribly Knick like.
not to mention, it leaves an even bigger vacuum at the 5-spot.

and it would take away even more of our limited athleticism, add to the glut at our deepest position, force us to use players out of position, doubtless put more pressure on everyone else.

yea, it's simply amazing how the nets went from terrific potential (all the picks and cap) to knicks 2.0 this quickly. if i followed bball closely the way i used to, i would probably have gone insane or switched to the local team by now. (dave d'allessandro is a smart man!)

goldenryan
12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
The Nets will still be seen in the finals Attatched to the rims
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Brook shouldn't have put on all that weight before the season to where he is almost 300 pounds. Should have just stayed at 250ish, feel like he would have less of a chance of foot injuries if he weighed 20-30 pounds lighter.

gigantes
12-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Brook shouldn't have put on all that weight before the season to where he is almost 300 pounds. Should have just stayed at 250ish, feel like he would have less of a chance of foot injuries if he weighed 20-30 pounds lighter.
it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

the extra muscle was really helping his game, it seems. plus he'd already been injuring his feet repeatedly before the weight gain.

sometimes this is just the way it goes in life, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 02:00 PM

I highly doubt they do something like that. There really would be no point when you think about it. However, ZBo is also expiring so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I could see th Targeting Derozan with Pierces expirer, but that really wouldn't be that bad considering that Derozan is a great basketball player and his contract is decent for his production. I'm hoping that they pull a trade where they trade Lopez and fillers to the Bulls for Noah along with taking back Boozers contract. Other than a trade similar to that one, I don't see them making any moves other than a little trade or two at the deadline.

niko
12-22-2013, 07:09 PM
I highly doubt they do something like that. There really would be no point when you think about it. However, ZBo is also expiring so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I could see th Targeting Derozan with Pierces expirer, but that really wouldn't be that bad considering that Derozan is a great basketball player and his contract is decent for his production. I'm hoping that they pull a trade where they trade Lopez and fillers to the Bulls for Noah along with taking back Boozers contract. Other than a trade similar to that one, I don't see them making any moves other than a little trade or two at the deadline.
Z-Bo has three years left on his deal at huge money.

BTW, what makes you think the Bulls would trade Boozer & Noah for a longer contract in Lopez for a player who honestly might not be effective ever again? What kind of fillers are you sending? Men with machine guns to threaten the owner?

niko
12-22-2013, 07:13 PM
People keep talking about weight gain, etc. his foot is ****ed. PERIOD. The screw bearing the weight in his foot was on the verge of snapping. No one acknowledged it at the time because that meant acknowledging this injury was coming and everyone wanted to pretend it wasn't.

It's not things Lopez did, his body is just too big and awkward to support his weight playing proffesional basketball. Either the Nets and the surgeons can find a way to change the weight distribution on his foot, or he isn't going to have a career. Regardless of what he does.

Shade8780
12-22-2013, 07:14 PM
The draft picks <3
if only we had their 2014 pick :cry:

gts
12-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm hoping that they pull a trade where they trade Lopez and fillers to the Bulls for Noah along with taking back Boozers contract. Other than a trade similar to that one, I don't see them making any moves other than a little trade or two at the deadline.

I think you can forget any trade involving Lopez.. Reading reports he could miss up to a year now... Maybe next year at this time somebody might take a gamble but not this season or next summer

niko
12-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I think you can forget any trade involving Lopez.. Reading reports he could miss up to a year now... Maybe next year at this time somebody might take a gamble but not this season or next summer
I don't know what universe Net fans live in. I mean, we have some real knowledgable fans here but the fans in Brooklyn (NY) and the main blogs (netsdaily), things like that are delusional. They'll be better without Brook, someone will trade quality for Brook (who has several years at max money and is out for a year), someone will send them a star for Pierce and Taylor (who is a killer prospect) etc. Remember the Shumpert trade rumors? There was almost glee saying that it wasn't enough to get Faried. But the Nets? They might get Boozer for Lopez from cheap ass Chicago. It's amazing. It's the same city but the Net coverage and fanbase reminds me of a real small town feel, as if saying something bad is against the rules.

niko
12-22-2013, 07:25 PM
While i'm ranting, the other thing i'm tired of hearing is poor Garnett. He came to Brooklyn for an extra year at full money (which he might not even play), he's played like ass, he's had a shitty attitude (off court, non on court), all but announcing he's a mercenary. I feel bad for a player in a shitty situation, not a player who thought he went into a loaded situation and then it didn't work out. Should the Nets trade him to Indiana? Or maybe he should get released, and just move from team to team until he finds the best one?

He still wants a title. DO MORE.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I don't know what universe Net fans live in. I mean, we have some real knowledgable fans here but the fans in Brooklyn (NY) and the main blogs (netsdaily), things like that are delusional. They'll be better without Brook, someone will trade quality for Brook (who has several years at max money and is out for a year), someone will send them a star for Pierce and Taylor (who is a killer prospect) etc. Remember the Shumpert trade rumors? There was almost glee saying that it wasn't enough to get Faried. But the Nets? They might get Boozer for Lopez from cheap ass Chicago. It's amazing. It's the same city but the Net coverage and fanbase reminds me of a real small town feel, as if saying something bad is against the rules.

Stop generalizing Nets fans. If you aren't a Nets fan, than how much time do you really speak getting a feel for the general attitudes of people who follow Brooklyn Nets basketball. Plus, this Lopez situation is only days old. Have you been searching the web for hours, compiling opinions of the majority of Nets fans about trades and options to remedy the situation?
You haven't, and you are full of shit because you are making stuff up like that anyone thinks Tyshawn Taylor is a killer prospect.
Any fanbase has a small minority of people who don't know basketball or have delusional ideas about certain things.
Aren't you a Knicks fan?
Do I have to remind you of some of the delusional things Knicks fans have said?
Doesn't mean I'm gonna go and make sweeping generalizations about the majority of Knicks fans, and then go on and make shit up like saying that Knicks fans think Tim Hardaway Jr. is a killer prospect or some shit like you did with the horsecrap TT accusation.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 07:47 PM
it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

the extra muscle was really helping his game, it seems. plus he'd already been injuring his feet repeatedly before the weight gain.

sometimes this is just the way it goes in life, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
not really. it wasn't helping his game that much. he was still at 20 points per game and he was a step slower on defense than normal. brook is not really a banger so there was no reason for him to add 15 pounds knowing he had a screw in his foot. at this point i think the nets should look to trade him because he's missed the last two of three seasons and teams will still want him. nets season is not doomed. they might actually be better. joe and paul can now get their looks and the offense doesn't have to come to a halt when we feed the ball in the post anymore. defense is going to be even more anemic now. we were already ranked 30th now we might be ranked 45th after this.

niko
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Stop generalizing Nets fans. If you aren't a Nets fan, than how much time do you really speak getting a feel for the general attitudes of people who follow Brooklyn Nets basketball. Plus, this Lopez situation is only days old. Have you been searching the web for hours, compiling opinions of the majority of Nets fans.
You haven't, and you are full of shit because you are making stuff up like that anyone thinks Tyshawn Taylor is a killer prospect.
Any fanbase has a small minority of people who don't know basketball or have delusional ideas about certain things.
Aren't you a Knicks fan?
Do I have to remind you of some of the delusional things Knicks fans have said?
Doesn't mean I'm gonna go and make sweeping generalizations about the majority of Knicks fans, and then go on and make shit up like saying that Knicks fans think Tim Hardaway Jr. is a killer prospect or some shit like you did with the horsecrap TT accusation.
Hardaway is a much better prospect than Taylor. There is a discussion from a Netsdaily article about a Z-Bo trade with Taylor as the only thing of value. It's accepted as a good deal and possible. How? You're full of it, you either don't follow the team closely or don't live in the area because this somehow is not a death knell, it's an opportunity with the fanbase and the people covering them and it's not. Nets are ****ed.

How ridiculous are rumors that the Bulls are sending anyone for Lopez? How nuts is that?

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Hardaway is a much better prospect than Taylor. There is a discussion from a Netsdaily article about a Z-Bo trade with Taylor as the only thing of value. It's accepted as a good deal and possible. How? You're full of it, you either don't follow the team closely or don't live in the area because this somehow is not a death knell, it's an opportunity with the fanbase and the people covering them and it's not. Nets are ****ed.

How ridiculous are rumors that the Bulls are sending anyone for Lopez? How nuts is that?

You lost all credibility to talk about what the majority of Nets fans think when you pulled that Nets fans think Tyshawn Taylor is a killer prospect stuff out of your ass.
No one thinks he is a good prospect, or good at anything on an NBA level.
He was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason, and when he is on the court, he sucks, and everyone sees this, so stop making stuff up about Nets fans.
You completely misconstruing one discussion of a trade scenario and coming to a conclusion based on that does not mean you have a consensus on Nets fans, it just means you aren't a very sharp person.

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
It sucks for the Nets. He's the only bright spot for this team.

BlackVVaves
12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
not really. it wasn't helping his game that much. he was still at 20 points per game and he was a step slower on defense than normal. brook is not really a banger so there was no reason for him to add 15 pounds knowing he had a screw in his foot. at this point i think the nets should look to trade him because he's missed the last two of three seasons and teams will still want him. nets season is not doomed. they might actually be better. joe and paul can now get their looks and the offense doesn't have to come to a halt when we feed the ball in the post anymore. defense is going to be even more anemic now. we were already ranked 30th now we might be ranked 45th after this.

What was the Nets record this season when Lopez was out?

What was the Nets record this season when Lopez returned?

niko
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
You lost all credibility to talk about what the majority of Nets fans think when you pulled that Nets fans think Tyshawn Taylor is a killer prospect stuff out of your ass.
No one thinks he is a good prospect, or good at anything on an NBA level.
He was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason, and when he is on the court, he sucks, and everyone sees this, so stop making stuff up about Nets fans.
You completely misconstruing one discussion of a trade scenario and coming to a conclusion based on that does not mean you have a consensus on Nets fans, it just means you aren't a very sharp person.
Please, the coverage of the Nets and Knicks in NY is night and day. We have essentially the same record (or a game off) you have a worse situation that us with picks and such (think on that for a second) and the Nets coverage is much more positive than the Knicks. It's generally "well the nets aren't good but it will come, let's move on" or my favorite, the Nets suck but so do the Knicks. Becaues that's important to mention talking about a Nets loss.

Anyone who tells me the teams are covered the same and the fanbase expects the same either doesn't live in NY or is delusional themselves.

niko
12-22-2013, 08:31 PM
What was the Nets record this season when Lopez was out?

What was the Nets record this season when Lopez returned?
The Nets lose practically very time Lopez doesn't play the prior two years and this year. :facepalm But they;ll be better without him. Because what the Nets need to do is play Garnett into the ground. Also, Garnett's been so effective.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Please, the coverage of the Nets and Knicks in NY is night and day. We have essentially the same record (or a game off) you have a worse situation that us with picks and such (think on that for a second) and the Nets coverage is much more positive than the Knicks. It's generally "well the nets aren't good but it will come, let's move on" or my favorite, the Nets suck but so do the Knicks. Becaues that's important to mention talking about a Nets loss.

Anyone who tells me the teams are covered the same and the fanbase expects the same either doesn't live in NY or is delusional themselves.

You completely ignored the issue I had with your post where you completely made shit up in order to make Nets fans look delusional. You tried to make it seem that Nets fans think Tyshawn Taylor is a "killer prospect".
No Nets fans think that, and you know it so which is why you completely ignored my issue with you saying that because you know it isn't true and you are grasping at straws to make Nets fans look delusional.
The coverage of basketball has nothing to do with the general attitude of Nets fans.
Almost all Nets fans think we suck, I didn't say otherwise so stop putting words into my/other Nets fans' mouths, and you seem to have some strange misguided resentment against Nets fans or something.
Probably because your Knicks suck even worse than the Nets when you had less injuries and more roster continuity and you are taking out your frustrations on innocent Nets fans.

BlackVVaves
12-22-2013, 08:44 PM
The Nets lose practically very time Lopez doesn't play the prior two years and this year. :facepalm But they;ll be better without him. Because what the Nets need to do is play Garnett into the ground. Also, Garnett's been so effective.

That's what I was getting at. I just wanted this kid to come to that conclusion after he took a brief moment to escape his land of fantasy.

"Nets most stacked team in history!"

"Nets are title contenders!"

"Nets will blow out Knicks!!" (Lose by 30)

Now it's "Nets will be better without Brook!"

Seriously dude, you need a ****ing Xanax.

niko
12-22-2013, 08:45 PM
You completely ignored the issue I had with your post where you completely made shit up in order to make Nets fans look delusional. You tried to make it seem that Nets fans think Tyshawn Taylor is a "killer prospect".
No Nets fans think that, and you know it so which is why you completely ignored my issue with you saying that because you know it isn't true and you are grasping at straws to make Nets fans look delusional.
The coverage of basketball has nothing to do with the general attitude of Nets fans.
Almost all Nets fans think we suck, I didn't say otherwise so stop putting words into my/other Nets fans' mouths, and you seem to have some strange misguided resentment against Nets fans or something.
Probably because your Knicks suck even worse than the Nets when you had less injuries and more roster continuity and you are taking out your frustrations on innocent Nets fans.
Netsdaily is the main Net news blog. Go read the articles. Go read the fan feedback. Read any of the main Net beat writers. It's eh, things will come around. When the Nets lose, there is much less news than when they win. Because no one writes about it.

I'm not saying all Nets fans are like this, or want this (and clearly not you) but you can't tell me Knicks/Nets coverage is not different, it is. 100%.

niko
12-22-2013, 08:49 PM
This is my point. You think the fact the Knicks are worse is important to me. The Nets live in a fantasy universe where that is meaningful. It's not.

niko
12-22-2013, 08:53 PM
BTW, the Nets might be better, just because they have been so awful. But the title fantasy is shit. The "put a scare in anyone" idea is shit. And if Brook is constantly hurt, the $20M dead cap space is going to kill you for years.

I hate to be negative but everyone seems to be disrespectful of Brook's value. I think some people overstate his value on defense (best rim protector) but he was becoming a nice player.

He also is a great guy, which at least you know he';ll be ok mentally even if he can't play. But it's a shame a guy like that has these problems when so many malcontents and douchebags do not.

Meticode
12-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Tough break, I wanted to see if the the Nets could be a good team all together. Looks like Lopez's 15 extra points of muscle in the off-season just wasn't that great of a benefit.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 09:51 PM
BTW, the Nets might be better, just because they have been so awful. But the title fantasy is shit. The "put a scare in anyone" idea is shit. And if Brook is constantly hurt, the $20M dead cap space is going to kill you for years.

I hate to be negative but everyone seems to be disrespectful of Brook's value. I think some people overstate his value on defense (best rim protector) but he was becoming a nice player.

He also is a great guy, which at least you know he';ll be ok mentally even if he can't play. But it's a shame a guy like that has these problems when so many malcontents and douchebags do not.
Unless your reading on different message boards, I haven't seen one fan say that we can win a title without Brook Lopez. That is litteraly inpossible at this point. Can we be better? Yes and I think we will. Again, the Nets problem isn't offense. Ever since Deron has returned we have been the best offensive team in the league. It's rebound and defense and if we start Reggie at the four we fix that a bit. I think we will start Mirza at the four though. And of course we are sort of disrespectful against Brooks value because ever since hes gotten into the league he has never worked on his defense and rebounding and only remained a one dimension player. We are never going to replace brook with the players we have but we can easily make up for that 20 points per game. With or without Brook Lopez the Nets were a second-round team as it is. But man, you're focusing on the Nets so much you shouldn't you be worried about the Knicks.

niko
12-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Unless your reading on different message boards, I haven't seen one fan say that we can win a title without Brook Lopez. That is litteraly inpossible at this point. Can we be better? Yes and I think we will. Again, the Nets problem isn't offense. Ever since Deron has returned we have been the best offensive team in the league. It's rebound and defense and if we start Reggie at the four we fix that a bit. I think we will start Mirza at the four though. And of course we are sort of disrespectful against Brooks value because ever since hes gotten into the league he has never worked on his defense and rebounding and only remained a one dimension player. We are never going to replace brook with the players we have but we can easily make up for that 20 points per game. With or without Brook Lopez the Nets were a second-round team as it is. But man, you're focusing on the Nets so much you shouldn't you be worried about the Knicks.
What is there to focus on with the Knicks? Did we have our best player possibly have a career ending injury? I don't get the Nets fans, it's like you don't give a shit about Brook at all. He was your best player.

Look at what I bolded. That's ridiculous. You might be better simply because you have been such shit, but a big part of the reason your record is so bad is Brook being out. Not counting the year he missed (which makes the stat less bad but whatever) you are 14 games over 500 with Brook, 8 under without him.

Enjoy. Apparently his points are easily replaceable. And the fact you think that isn't delusional at all.

niko
12-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Net fans sound like the Knick fans talking about getting rid of Melo. We'll be fine. Our problem is not offense. People will fill in. SURE. Sounds totally logical. Your best player leaves, and everything improves. :facepalm Even though you lose everytime he's out.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 10:20 PM
What is there to focus on with the Knicks? Did we have our best player possibly have a career ending injury? I don't get the Nets fans, it's like you don't give a shit about Brook at all. He was your best player.

Look at what I bolded. That's ridiculous. You might be better simply because you have been such shit,but a big part of the reason your record is so bad is Brook being out. Not counting the year he missed (which makes the stat less bad but whatever) you are 14 games over 500 with Brook, 8 under without him.

Enjoy. Apparently his points are easily replaceable. And the fact you think that isn't delusional at all.
of course i give a shit. but what can i do about it? as a nets fan i'm pissed. he's missed two of the last three seasons and it's so bad that i feel bad for him more as a person than an athlete. it's also like when rondo went out for the celtics last season they ended up being better. anyways, it's very saddening that the nets have been so injured this season. unless we win a championship, which we won't, this season is going to be such a big failure. anyways, it was very fun having kevin and paul on my favorite team, the brooklyn nets. not a lot of teams get to have winning players like that but i really enjoyed just seeing their names on the roster. despite both of them giving me a lot of headaches. paul with his 3 turnovers per game and kevin with his crappy shooting.

niko
12-22-2013, 10:27 PM
of course i give a shit. but what can i do about it? as a nets fan i'm pissed. he's missed two of the last three seasons and it's so bad that i feel bad for him more as a person than an athlete. it's also like when rondo went out for the celtics last season they ended up being better. anyways, it's very saddening that the nets have been so injured this season. unless we win a championship, which we won't, this season is going to be such a big failure. anyways, it was very fun having kevin and paul on my favorite team, the brooklyn nets. not a lot of teams get to have winning players like that but i really enjoyed just seeing their names on the roster. despite both of them giving me a lot of headaches. paul with his 3 turnovers per game and kevin with his crappy shooting.
I'm not saying you need to go into mourning. (Although you seem to after every game anyway.) I'm saying "the nets will be better" makes no ****ing sense when almost every time Brook has been out, including this year you've not only lost, you are often non competitive. That makes no sense to me.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm not saying you need to go into mourning. (Although you seem to after every game anyway.) I'm saying "the nets will be better" makes no ****ing sense when almost every time Brook has been out, including this year you've not only lost, you are often non competitive. That makes no sense to me.
go up two posts and the part you bolded in my post says "can we be better? yes, and i think we will"...

i never guaranteed that the nets "will be better". again, do you have any idea how annoying nets fans find you. every opinion, no matter how good or bad, gets butchered into one thousand slices by you for no apparent reason. any hope we have or want to have is immediately demoralized by you. do you know all of the countless stupid things knicks fans say on this board yet you don't see any of the real nets fans going in that thread and having a back-and-fourth war with them every single day in the fashion that you do with nets fans. knicks fans say that JR is the next kobe? fine, i'll let it pass but when JR goes 0-11 in a game, i'll hop into that game thread and make fun of him once and leave.

at this point we have to look to trade brook. maybe the rockets do a brook for dwight swap.:confusedshrug:
i don't see why not.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Z-Bo has three years left on his deal at huge money.

BTW, what makes you think the Bulls would trade Boozer & Noah for a longer contract in Lopez for a player who honestly might not be effective ever again? What kind of fillers are you sending? Men with machine guns to threaten the owner?

ZBos contract expires next year. Also, the reason the Bulls would do that is because it would allow them to do a quick tank this season for a lottery pick and then come back at full force with Brook and DRose as their core next season. The fillers I was thinking of were Plumlee, Terry, Teletovic and Reggie or if necessary Peirces contract, but ideally I would like to keep Pierce.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 10:47 PM

The Ewing Theory.

KyrieTheFuture
12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
go up two posts and the part you bolded in my post says "can we be better? yes, and i think we will"...

i never guaranteed that the nets "will be better". again, do you have any idea how annoying nets fans find you. every opinion, no matter how good or bad, gets butchered into one thousand slices by you for no apparent reason. any hope we have or want to have is immediately demoralized by you. do you know all of the countless stupid things knicks fans say on this board yet you don't see any of the real nets fans going in that thread and having a back-and-fourth war with them every single day in the fashion that you do with nets fans. knicks fans say that JR is the next kobe? fine, i'll let it pass but when JR goes 0-11 in a game, i'll hop into that game thread and make fun of him once and leave.

at this point we have to look to trade brook. maybe the rockets do a brook for dwight swap.:confusedshrug:
i don't see why not.

Reading your last few posts all that went through my head was "is this dude retarded?" And after reading that last suggestion it has become "yep he's retarded". Brook for Dwight...you ****ing have to be kidding

Black and White
12-22-2013, 10:50 PM

i don't see why not.

The Rockets would never do that deal, a guy that is injury prone and isn't known to be the best defender vs. the second best big man in the game who looks to be getting back to his best form.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 11:10 PM
wow, people took my brook for dwight deal proposal seriously. just shows the stupidity in this world. more so kyrietheidiot than black and white. kyrietheidiot had an epic melt down with what was meant to be a joke. :lol

oh gosh, this world. what has it come to.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:13 PM
wow, people took my brook for dwight deal proposal seriously. just shows the stupidity in this world. more so kyrietheidiot than black and white. kyrietheidiot had an epic melt down with what was meant to be a joke. :lol

oh gosh, this world. what has it come to.

Sorry I didn't realise you were kidding, what type of deal would you be looking for realistically? A young center?

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Sorry I didn't realise you were kidding, what type of deal would you be looking for realistically? A young center?

The only trade that I'm really looking at is a trade for Noah with the Bulls while taking back Boozers contract since they can tank for a top pick and then really compete next season with Rose and Lopez. Other than that, I don't really see anything. Maybe a trade centered around Lopez do McGee and Fareid? Idk.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 11:20 PM
i think the nets are going to keep him but there are not many teams willing or able to afford brook. the reason why the nets won't trade him is because 1) teams are going to lowball the nets because brook is always injured and 2) even with brooks foot problems, when healthy, how many centers are better than him? 2,3,4, maybe 5? Noah would be fantastic but doubt it happens.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 11:22 PM
The only trade that I'm really looking at is a trade for Noah with the Bulls while taking back Boozers contract since they can tank for a top pick and then really compete next season with Rose and Lopez. Other than that, I don't really see anything. Maybe a trade centered around Lopez do McGee and Fareid? Idk.
oh my goodness. please ban yourself from this forum for even suggesting that we give lopez away for mcgee. i would disassociate myself with the nets if they ever got mcgee for lopez.:wtf:

kevin garnet would even retire if we got mcgee.
mcgee and blatche? we can make a movie on those two guys. even though blatche has been a 95% angel with us though.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:22 PM

Faried would be good for you guys but him and Mcgee aren't enough in return for Brook i don't think. The Noah one would be good and Boozer could be good off the bench (unless you want KG coming off the bench, which i think is better)

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:25 PM
i think the nets are going to keep him but there are not many teams willing or able to afford brook. the reason why the nets won't trade him is because 1) teams are going to lowball the nets because brook is always injured and 2) even with brooks foot problems, when healthy, how many centers are better than him? 2,3,4, maybe 5? Noah would be fantastic but doubt it happens.

Agreed with hoe good Brook is, but unfortunately he is injury prone, looking around the league there isn't many options, especially with his contract, what about Brook for an expirer + high draft pick????

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Faried would be good for you guys but him and Mcgee aren't enough in return for Brook i don't think. The Noah one would be good and Boozer could be good off the bench (unless you want KG coming off the bench, which i think is better)

Yea but considering his injuries, that's probably the best we could get, maybe the Nughets throw in like the Knicks 2016 pick or something.

It's A VC3!!!
12-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Agreed with hoe good Brook is, but unfortunately he is injury prone, looking around the league there isn't many options, especially with his contract, what about Brook for an expirer + high draft pick????
i would but the nets still want to be in "win-now" mode with deron in his prime for the next few years. the nets are in a scary, scary place right now. they don't want to blow it up and they don't want to make any trades.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:28 PM

If someone gave us an expirer plus a top 6 pick in this draft, I would do it in a second.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Yea but considering his injuries, that's probably the best we could get, maybe the Nughets throw in like the Knicks 2016 pick or something.

That pick could be quite valuable

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:29 PM
If someone gave us an expirer plus a top 6 pick in this draft, I would do it in a second.

I don't know about top 6, i was thinking 7-12 or somewhere around that

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:31 PM
i would but the nets still want to be in "win-now" mode with deron in his prime for the next few years. the nets are in a scary, scary place right now. they don't want to blow it up and they don't want to make any trades.

Yea you are right its a dark place to be in, no picks, no salary flexibility, and you are under pressure to win now. Would you entertain the idea of trading D-Will? I personally don't like his contract. It would also mean you could start blowing it all up. I dunno, it's just a thought.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:33 PM
That pick could be quite valuable

With a team like the Knicks you never know.

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:35 PM
I don't know about top 6, i was thinking 7-12 or somewhere around that

If the team threw in another young player or another future pick then yes. But I doubt the Nets would ever do a trade like that. They want players that can contribute now with Deron in his prime and Joe and Pierce still playing well

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Yea you are right its a dark place to be in, no picks, no salary flexibility, and you are under pressure to win now. Would you entertain the idea of trading D-Will? I personally don't like his contract. It would also mean you could start blowing it all up. I dunno, it's just a thought.

We aren't in that dark of a place. This team is a playoff team for the next 2 or 3 years in the east without a doubt. After that it's all about what we do in free agency.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 11:38 PM
We aren't in that dark of a place. This team is a playoff team for the next 2 or 3 years in the east without a doubt. After that it's all about what we do in free agency.

But do you think Pierce will leave in the free agency?? Will you just stock up on vets?

The JKidd Kid
12-22-2013, 11:42 PM
But do you think Pierce will leave in the free agency?? Will you just stock up on vets?

No I doubt he leaves. Yea they will stick up on vets and push for a spot in the playoffs. People forget that the same core of Williams, Lopez and Johnson took a bunch of scrubs to 50 wins last season. This season has really been the perfect storm with the injuries, the coaching drama, new players and coaches trying to adjust to eachother and that's why the team has been so bad.

niko
12-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Last report had Lopez out possibly for a year. Not THE YEAR, A YEAR. He's had the same injury three times. No one is trading for him. I find it strange you are discussing Lopez trades, he's literally untradeable. What team wants a player who may never be the same again at max money for three years? And not only that, you think a team like Denver will throw in not only a lottery pick, but a low lottery pick.

That's not a discussion people who say they are NBA fans should be having. It's delusional.

As a trade piece, an injured played has negligible value. Even with small injuries, teams often want to wait for the player to come back before finalizing a deal. A player with a career threatening injury (which I hate to break it to you, these foot injuries are threatening him being the same player) has NO trade value. Not low. NONE.

Noah? Z-Bo? McGhee? Healthy players with shorter contracts? What are you smoking and why aren't you sharing?

gigantes
12-23-2013, 01:35 AM
jesus.

so was it brakes or steering column?

niko
12-23-2013, 09:35 AM
jesus.

so was it brakes or steering column?
Read the thread. The Nets best young player might not have a career. And the thread alternately says he's not that good and they might be better, or another team will trade for him (while hurt). None of it is about his injury at all.

It's weird. I don't get it at all.

wang4three
12-23-2013, 10:22 AM
The Nets are ****ed, period. I'd have to look it up but they either don't have a pick or their pick's getting swapped to someone through like 2018. They have zero assets and if they blow it up they don't keep their pick.

It's a LONG haul for the Nets unless they just kill it with a bunch of like 18th picks. Which, hey, Indy did it, it's no impossible.

We're in a terrible position. I think the best bet is try to move Pierce to a team that's close to being a contender and need some help getting over the hump. A team like the Clippers come to mind. If we're real lucky, maybe they'll want both Garnett and Pierce. But I doubt it. A guy like Pierce who can still score, has played for Doc Rivers can help us get something in return for an aging off guard. He's on his last contract year anyway.

Garnett I think we're stuck with unless a team can take on $12 million for his 15-20 minutes in the playoffs. Maybe they could convince him to retire and forgo his last year of the salary for a cushy front office job. Minnesota?

Joe Johnson.. yeah I can't see us moving him. The only thing I can think of is that he's our most consistent player. As much as we all bash him for the big contract, he puts in work every night. Never complains. No one can say he's not clutch. A team like Denver, who has had trouble closing out games in the playoffs, could really use him. I mean, that team needed a 40 year old Andre Miller to make a game winning bucket last year. Will they be willing to match a $20 million contact for that? I don't think so..unless they're desperate to not be a first round dud this year.

Yeah we won't get anything back that's great. No picks, no great young talent. Best we could make out of all this is a guy as talented as JaVale McGee or DeAndre Jordan.

Hell, at this point perhaps if the only way we could move Garnett is to package Deron, I'd explore it.

But honestly, this team didn't have focus all year. As much as Brook was our rock this year.. we could rally behind the fact that now people who needed touches have an opportunity to get them. A guy like Pierce who just never seem to fit in the first group lineup and thrived moreso off the bench can now get more touches on the block or at the high post.

Really, I'd say they have to rally. Garnett can't do this cruise control that he's doing. Collecting big money to set picks and take elbow jumpers. He's gonna have to go down on the block. I don't care how old he is. Tim Duncan is doing it.

At best we limp into the playoffs to fizz out early, but it's not terrible. The team kept saying they needed Brook to come back. Well he's not coming back. Maybe never again. Time to make due with what you have.

niko
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
We're in a terrible position. I think the best bet is try to move Pierce to a team that's close to being a contender and need some help getting over the hump. A team like the Clippers come to mind. If we're real lucky, maybe they'll want both Garnett and Pierce. But I doubt it. A guy like Pierce who can still score, has played for Doc Rivers can help us get something in return for an aging off guard. He's on his last contract year anyway.

Garnett I think we're stuck with unless a team can take on $12 million for his 15-20 minutes in the playoffs. Maybe they could convince him to retire and forgo his last year of the salary for a cushy front office job. Minnesota?

Joe Johnson.. yeah I can't see us moving him. The only thing I can think of is that he's our most consistent player. As much as we all bash him for the big contract, he puts in work every night. Never complains. No one can say he's not clutch. A team like Denver, who has had trouble closing out games in the playoffs, could really use him. I mean, that team needed a 40 year old Andre Miller to make a game winning bucket last year. Will they be willing to match a $20 million contact for that? I don't think so..unless they're desperate to not be a first round dud this year.

Yeah we won't get anything back that's great. No picks, no great young talent. Best we could make out of all this is a guy as talented as JaVale McGee or DeAndre Jordan.

Hell, at this point perhaps if the only way we could move Garnett is to package Deron, I'd explore it.

But honestly, this team didn't have focus all year. As much as Brook was our rock this year.. we could rally behind the fact that now people who needed touches have an opportunity to get them. A guy like Pierce who just never seem to fit in the first group lineup and thrived moreso off the bench can now get more touches on the block or at the high post.

Really, I'd say they have to rally. Garnett can't do this cruise control that he's doing. Collecting big money to set picks and take elbow jumpers. He's gonna have to go down on the block. I don't care how old he is. Tim Duncan is doing it.

At best we limp into the playoffs to fizz out early, but it's not terrible. The team kept saying they needed Brook to come back. Well he's not coming back. Maybe never again. Time to make due with what you have.

I think you can move Pierce easily if he plays ball but you need to be careful not to take back a three year headache. I remember early in the year the Rudy Gay rumors, things like that. Essentially moving the cap problems to a third year (instead of the current two). Garnett is easy, he'll retire at year end. He still gets paid, and he can go home. It doesn't give you cap space but you're over anyway, that's just a cash issue.

I don't think the Clippers want Garnett. Stein said he thinks the owner was the one who leaked the trades to the league so Boston couldn't push for him to take the players back along with Doc.

poido123
12-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Good post :applause:

I was particularly impressed with the bolded. Shows you really know the game and what to look for.

That's the impression I get, Garnett seems like he's stuck in cruise mode waiting to emerge in the playoffs. They need him to step up and produce right now or there will be no playoffs.

gigantes
12-23-2013, 01:20 PM
@wang4three,
interesting post. i

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Moving Williams would be absolutely pointless, I would only move Peirce for a guy like Derozan, but only if we moved Lopez also for a shorter contract and a young player or some picks because getting rid of 15M off the cap is too valuable. Joe is unmovable and there's no point in moving KG with his no trade clause and his likeliness to retire soon. The only player that I would really move is Lopez, but only for players that can contribute now and in the future.

niko
12-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Moving Williams would be absolutely pointless, I would only move Peirce for a guy like Derozan, but only if we moved Lopez also for a shorter contract and a young player or some picks because getting rid of 15M off the cap is too valuable. Joe is unmovable and there's no point in moving KG with his no trade clause and his likeliness to retire soon. The only player that I would really move is Lopez, but only for players that can contribute now and in the future.

Again, no one is trading for Lopez. His career might be in jeopardy. Hey, i have this great player, he makes max money for a few more years, and oh btw he is going to miss a year and has a very good chance of having the same injury occur again when he comes back. Do you want him?

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Again, no one is trading for Lopez. His career might be in jeopardy. Hey, i have this great player, he makes max money for a few more years, and oh btw he is going to miss a year and has a very good chance of having the same injury occur again when he comes back. Do you want him?

Yes people will want him. Talented 7 footers with a post game and that contest at the rim are very valuable in this league. Heck the Cavs just offered Bynum a contract and he was talking about retirement this summer.

niko
12-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes people will want him. Talented 7 footers with a post game and that contest at the rim are very valuable in this league. Heck the Cavs just offered Bynum a contract and he was talking about retirement this summer.
They didn't trade any assets for him. Lopez right now is not a talented 7 footer, he's a broken 7 footer who can't move. For him to be a talented 7 footer he needs to come back.

There is literally no chance of the Nets getting value for Lopez in a trade, regardless of how many times you say it.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 04:08 PM
They didn't trade any assets for him. Lopez right now is not a talented 7 footer, he's a broken 7 footer who can't move. For him to be a talented 7 footer he needs to come back.

There is literally no chance of the Nets getting value for Lopez in a trade, regardless of how many times you say it.

There is a definite chance of the nets getting value in a trade for Lopez, regardless of how many times you say it.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM

That's not how this league works. An all-stars value doesn't turn to shit after being injured. Otherwise Andrew Bynum, Brandon Roy, Shaq, Dwight Howard and many, many other players wouldn't have found large contracts after being injured. You know how many bottom feeding teams in the league would take a broken Brook Lopez just in hopes of him remaining healthy. Billy King is probably getting dozens of calls right now fielding offers for Brook Lopez. He is 25 years old and maybe he gets injured every season for the rest of his career but teams take very big risks on injured players every year. For reasons we all know, why do you think Brook is exempt from that as well? Wait, that was a rhetorical question.

KyrieTheFuture
12-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Except we didn't trade for him, and he makes a third of the money brook makes

niko
12-23-2013, 04:25 PM
There is a definite chance of the nets getting value in a trade for Lopez, regardless of how many times you say it.
Teams don't acquire players out on long term injuries unless it's for salary dump purposes. Give me an example of an all star out a year being acquired by another team for value. I can think of Mobley, who the Knicks gave up long term salary for shorter. But in your case, everything, the salary, the injury, the potential for further injury is on the Nets side.

You'd need in order to trade Lopez to either
1) Take on longer salary.
2) Throw in assets to the acquiring team.

You seem to think the opposite will happen. Show me an example.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Teams don't acquire players out on long term injuries unless it's for salary dump purposes. Give me an example of an all star out a year being acquired by another team for value. I can think of Mobley, who the Knicks gave up long term salary for shorter. But in your case, everything, the salary, the injury, the potential for further injury is on the Nets side.

You'd need in order to trade Lopez to either
1) Take on longer salary.
2) Throw in assets to the acquiring team.

You seem to think the opposite will happen. Show me an example.

I can't recall a time that it happened, but that's not because it never happened. Most teams wouldn't trade one of the best players in the league that they drafted if he was injured. However, Lopez is a special case because the Nets actually have reasons to trade him. I'm sure that someone who is more educated in NBA history than me could find a scenario similar to this one.

There are many teams in this league that would love to have an injured all star at the center position who's value is at an all time low. There is no way that the Nets would take back any negative value in a scenario like this unless it was packaged with a major asset/ young player. Lopez played almost every game last season and for the 1st 3 seasons of his career. His 4th season he had mono and then in his 5th season he missed it for his broken foot. Brooks injury is nothing like Yaos injuries or Bynums injuries. They are much less severe and less likely to reoccur. Hell, the only reason Brook isn't out for only a couple of months is because the Nets want to be cautious and even with them being cautious depending on the results of his examination, he could still be back this year.

Also, the trades that I was thinking about aren't any blockbusters. It was Lopez and fillers for Noah while taking back Boozers contract and Lopez for Fareid and McGees contract and a future first if necessary.

niko
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I can't recall a time that it happened, but that's not because it never happened. Most teams wouldn't trade one of the best players in the league that they drafted if he was injured. However, Lopez is a special case because the Nets actually have reasons to trade him. I'm sure that someone who is more educated in NBA history than me could find a scenario similar to this one.

There are many teams in this league that would love to have an injured all star at the center position who's value is at an all time low. There is no way that the Nets would take back any negative value in a scenario like this unless it was packaged with a major asset/ young player. Lopez played almost every game last season and for the 1st 3 seasons of his career. His 4th season he had mono and then in his 5th season he missed it for his broken foot. Brooks injury is nothing like Yaos injuries or Bynums injuries. They are much less severe and less likely to reoccur. Hell, the only reason Brook isn't out for only a couple of months is because the Nets want to be cautious and even with them being cautious depending on the results of his examination, he could still be back this year.

Also, the trades that I was thinking about aren't any blockbusters. It was Lopez and fillers for Noah while taking back Boozers contract and Lopez for Fareid and McGees contract and a future first if necessary.
Noah is an all star level player who is probably the most important on the Bulls. In addition you want Boozer, who has a shorter contract. So the Bulls worry Boozer's 2 years are too much, but they are going to trade for a longer contract in Lopez, and throw in Noah.

Denver who thinks Fareid will be a star and who worries about tax is goign to not only take Lopez, but send you Faried AND a good pick.

This isn't logical. :confusedshrug:

gts
12-23-2013, 05:15 PM

:facepalm Tell me how are things on planet Oh Yeah Sure? Are you delusional or in denial?

Huge difference between offering a player who's already rehabbed a 2 years non guaranteed as the Cavs did Bynum vs. trading away solid assets for a player who's a year away from even knowing if he'll ever play again with 3 guaranteed years...

wang4three
12-23-2013, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=gigantes]@wang4three,
interesting post. i

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 05:18 PM
:facepalm Tell me how are things on planet Oh Yeah Sure? Are you delusional or in denial?

Huge difference between offering a player who's already rehabbed a 2 years non guaranteed as the Cavs did Bynum vs. trading away solid assets for a player who's a year away from even knowing if he'll ever play again with 3 guaranteed years...

Ever play again? WTF are you talking about? The guy might return by the playoffs depending on his examination this week. Career? Wtf have you been reading?

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Noah is an all star level player who is probably the most important on the Bulls. In addition you want Boozer, who has a shorter contract. So the Bulls worry Boozer's 2 years are too much, but they are going to trade for a longer contract in Lopez, and throw in Noah.

Denver who thinks Fareid will be a star and who worries about tax is goign to not only take Lopez, but send you Faried AND a good pick.

This isn't logical. :confusedshrug:

Lopez isn't on a bad contract. You guys are acting like Brook is done for his career. The idea would be that if the Bulls actually do want to blow it up, this would be a trade that they do so they can tank and then go with Lopez and Rose next season.

No one thinks Fareid will be a star. At max he's a complementary starter. If they thought he was gonna be a star he wouldn't have been in trade talks earlier this season. Also the pick is based on the outcome of his examination and whether or not he'll be able to come back this season.

niko
12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Ever play again? WTF are you talking about? The guy might return by the playoffs depending on his examination this week. Career? Wtf have you been reading?
Dude, Lopez has had the same foot break three times, and one other time the screw bent and was on the verge of breaking. THE SAME FOOT. These aren't freak things, look which bone broke. This is stress related again. This is actually worse than Bynum (as ridiculous as this sounds). With him, people roll into him, etc. Brook steps and the bone snaps.

He's not coming back in a short time to save the day, that would be stupid. Because if he comes back fast, his foot will break again in short order.

I'm not sure you understand the situation to be honest, not being funny at all. You know Brook Lopez has one of three non insured contracts right now in the NBA. I bet you can guess the other two. It's not good company to be in.

BlackVVaves
12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Pretty sure if there was a GM poll, most executives would prefer drafting current Lopez for their franchise than Noah, niko.

Also, any Nuggets fan selling the basket containing this promise that Faried will be a star is clearly suffering from extreme wishful thinking, and/or uses the term "star" rather loosely.

niko
12-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure if there was a GM poll, most executives would prefer drafting current Lopez for their franchise than Noah, niko.

Also, any Nuggets fan selling the basket containing this promise that Faried will be a star is clearly suffering from extreme wishful thinking, and/or uses the term "star" rather loosely.
Lopez is a better player than either. But his foot is falling off. What value does a player have who can't play?

Lopez may full well come back and have a good career. But the signs aren't good. And no one in the NBA is gambling on that for 3 years and max money.

I've watched NBA for 30+ years and if Lopez is traded this year for something that is not crap+poop squared it will be literally be one of the most surprising thing I've seen.

BlackVVaves
12-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Lopez is a better player than either. But his foot is falling off. What value does a player have who can't play?

Lopez may full well come back and have a good career. But the signs aren't good. And no one in the NBA is gambling on that for 3 years and max money.

I've watched NBA for 30+ years and if Lopez is traded this year for something that is not crap+poop squared it will be literally be one of the most surprising thing I've seen.

While I don't think Lopez will get traded, I also think it wouldn't be that far fetched to believe a team trotting in mediocrity for the last few years would give up some slightly comparable value to acquire him. I'm sure the Bucks would trade their entire team for Lopez; the trade would ensure they remain a lotto team, and there would be at least some hope that if healthy, Lopez + a top 3 pick could be building blocks for the organization moving forward.

niko
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
While I don't think Lopez will get traded, I also think it wouldn't be that far fetched to believe a team trotting in mediocrity for the last few years would give up some slightly comparable value to acquire him. I'm sure the Bucks would trade their entire team for Lopez; the trade would ensure they remain a lotto team, and there would be at least some hope that if healthy, Lopez + a top 3 pick could be building blocks for the organization moving forward.
Small Market teams aren't taking on a max contract that is uninsured. Only big market teams would do that. They don't have cash flow to drop $12M on a player who doesn't play. Lopez is practically untradable except for a longer contract or an equal deal that is onerous but player healthy now. Like Amare.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 07:37 PM

He will come back and have a good career. I would be surprised if he was traded too, but it's not impossible like you're saying. He played for a season and a half since his first injury and the fact that it's the same bone that's broken shows that it most likely wasn't well healed in the first place and it's not a overall foot problem.

Also, I don't think he's coming back just to "save the day", I actually think they'll play better without him for many reasons. I was saying that he might come back this season because that is a likely possibility. It takes an injury like this about 8-10 weeks to heal, however the Nets will most likely shut him down. But what that idiot said about Lopez never playing again is one the stupidest things I've heard on this forum, right after that Nets should move to Seattle guy.

niko
12-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm not going to argue with you. For some reason you think this injury is not a big deal. That's fine, if the sky is pink in your world so be it.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm not going to argue with you. For some reason you think this injury is not a big deal. That's fine, if the sky is pink in your world so be it.

I'll explain my logic to you. Lopez is a great post scorer and finisher but there are many aspects of his game that hurt this team. When Lopez is on the floor, the offense gets very stagnant. The Nets end up doing ISO Lopez and just feeding the ball into the post instead of running offensive sets. Also with Lopez, he slows down the offense. The team will spend 15 seconds of the clock trying to feed the ball down low to him. Also when he's coming up the court, the Nets have to waste time and wait for him to get into his positions.

Another problem with Lopez is his rebounding. His inability to rebound has dramatic effects on this team. He forces the wings to go down and crash the boards. What this does is it makes it easier for the opponent to grab long rebounds because Deron is the only one that isn't battling down low. Also, because of this Deron is usually the only one pushing the ball on the break with no one else running with him. In contrast, When the Nets play Blatche and Garnett together they are able to get out and run a little.

On defense, players are no longer able to burn us in the pick and roll because they can't abuse Lopez anymore. Also, with Lopez out, Garnett is able to move back to center, which is really best for him right now.

I also think that the loss of Lopez will light a fire under this team and they will make a good run a la The Ewing Theory.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 08:06 PM
And for some reason you think out of the 29 other teams in the league, not one team would want Brook Lopez because he's been injured the last few seasons. Of course we think this injury is a big deal. What are you talking about? Every Nets fan and their mother wouldn't be proposing trades A-Z if we didn't think this injury was a big deal. Because we think this injury is a big deal is the sole reason we want him gone.

Brook Lopez didn't have his value dropped to a bag of chips. You being the only person on this board thinking that shows us something.

gigantes
12-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't think we'll be as bad as they're projecting. Brook was a consistent scorer for us, but we invested a lot of time getting him set up. Pretty much all plays went through him and everyone just kinda watched. When he was out, we ran iso sets.

We need a more motion involved offense to utilize KG's best skills as a facilitator. It's also annoying that we're not putting Pierce in the best positions to be effective. With Brook out, he may be our primary post player since KG seems to be allergic to going down low now. I understand that KG's not built the same way as Timmy, but to not even have one or two possessions of hitting the post in the game is unacceptable.

Either we don't play him at all or we start playing to what we need. This reduced minutes idea does no one any good. I rather have Reggie Evans out there for 35 minutes than the crap KG gives us.

The only way I make moves out is at the deadline..when it becomes clear that we have no shot at the playoffs and everyone seems to hate each other. Teams may have more sense of urgency to make moves because they want to get over the hump and be taken more seriously (Clippers, Nuggets, Trailblazers, Rockets).

Truth of the matter here is that we took a lot of parlay bets. Bet on health, chemistry, a brand new coach.. and those didn't pan out. I said over the summer that we undervalued chemistry and it shows.

I don't want to say we'll be fine, but it is a sordid mess of mediocrity we're looking at for upside. I do think we have the ability to take a 1.5 year plan to create cap space though.
haha... parlay and sordid mess of mediocrity. gold.

but you got me on chemistry. i thought we were all set in that area, considering all the personal friendships, good character, and veteran leadership on the table. d'oh. OTOH, i said years ago that this wasn't the way to build a contender, and unfortunately that seems to have been the case.

i'm not sure if evans deserves the minutes in question, but KG can glue his ass to the pine if he's going to bring so little. i say teletovvy and biatch can have the lion's share for the time being.

i love a motion offense, and don't understand why it isn't used more on a team this deep. hell, let's steal the flex and see if it helps d-will.

it's mostly academic, though. we're pretty much looking at another couple years of waiting for godot. something we should be used to as nets fans. :facepalm

anyway, nice analysis. :cheers:

niko
12-23-2013, 08:38 PM
And for some reason you think out of the 29 other teams in the league, not one team would want Brook Lopez because he's been injured the last few seasons. Of course we think this injury is a big deal. What are you talking about? Every Nets fan and their mother wouldn't be proposing trades A-Z if we didn't think this injury was a big deal. Because we think this injury is a big deal is the sole reason we want him gone.

Brook Lopez didn't have his value dropped to a bag of chips. You being the only person on this board thinking that shows us something.

Lopez has an uninsured contract, at max dollars, for several more years, with a degenerative condition in his foot. Go back to the thread about the Nets season, at the beginning. I said the Nets are injury prone and one of the reasons I said was Brook's foot was going to go at some point. Am I Kreskin? You won't be trading him. Do you notice all the Net trade rumors don't contain Brook? Do you think King forgot he's on the roster?

If Brook has a career as the star he was becoming all the better but the Nets need to start preparing for life without Brook because it very well may be coming. And if you don't see that you are either drinking the koolaid or just delusional.

Brook's foot can't hold the weight of his body. How is that rectified? Find me a case of a player with multiple stress related injuries in a short time. They aren't good.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Lopez has an uninsured contract, at max dollars, for several more years, with a degenerative condition in his foot. Go back to the thread about the Nets season, at the beginning. I said the Nets are injury prone and one of the reasons I said was Brook's foot was going to go at some point. Am I Kreskin?

If Brook has a career as the star he was becoming all the better but the Nets need to start preparing for life without Brook because it very well may be coming. And if you don't see that you are either drinking the koolaid or just delusional.

Brook's foot can't hold the weight of his body. How is that rectified?

His foot is by no means degenerative. First career ending injury now this. Where are you guys getting this info?

niko
12-23-2013, 08:41 PM
His foot is by no means degenerative. First career ending injury now this. Where are you guys getting this info?
Do you even know what's wrong with him? What the injury is? He's had FOUR stress related surgeries in the same area around his foot. He's enormous. You don't see a problem?

Go read about Z-Man, and Yao. Yao had similar issues. It's hard to come back from and not get hurt, much less be as good as he was.

niko
12-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Some Nets fan's on this board are delusional. You think Brook's injury is not a big deal (if you think 100% he comes back and never has problems again, then you think it's not a big deal). You also think other teams will send you their core rotation players for Brook even though he can't play. :cheers: God bless you all but that's a silly conversation.

If you want to discuss what they do going forward I'm in, but if you want to talk about Brook for Noah trades I can't do it. It's too stupid. You watch the NBA every day, how could you think that's possible? :facepalm

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Do you even know what's wrong with him? What the injury is? He's had FOUR stress related surgeries in the same area around his foot. He's enormous. You don't see a problem?

Go read about Z-Man, and Yao. Yao had similar issues. It's hard to come back from and not get hurt, much less be as good as he was.

Degenerative is when the injury decays and degenerates. I'm not down playing his injury, I just don't like him as a player and want him off my team.

PickernRoller
12-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Weak era is a weak era. When Brook Lopez is considered one of the best big man in the league. Bum goes down again. Feel bad for Nets fans. Season turning out to be 2012-2013 Lakers all over again.

niko
12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Degenerative is when the injury decays and degenerates. I'm not down playing his injury, I just don't like him as a player and want him off my team.
Then wait till next year. Because this year you can get crap for him. He needs to play a few games.

gts
12-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Surgery scheduled for Jan 4th.