PDA

View Full Version : LeBron says Heat shooters

Rose'sACL
12-21-2013, 06:58 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/21/lebron-says-heat-shooters-already-upset-about-christmas-day-jerseys/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Droid101
12-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Wahhhh wahhhh both teams will be playing with the same "disadvantage" wahhhhh.

QuebecBaller
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Is Steph Curry shooting form affected with the sleeves jersey?

InspiredLebowski
12-21-2013, 07:01 PM
bet he said it with a smirk and a laugh. but it's Lebron SO **** THAT WHINY COCKY BITCH.

or whatever.

no pun intended
12-21-2013, 07:02 PM
already making a disclaimer if he does lose to the lakers i see

moe94
12-21-2013, 07:04 PM
He's right? Who thought that was ever a good idea? Yeah, let's give tight sleeves to people who are constantly moving their arms around and require precision to get their shot off. Just excellent.

Real Men Wear Green
12-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I know Allen hates most things that interfere with his routine and/or comfort zone.

mlh1981
12-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm not really a fan of these, but honestly, I think out of all the types of sports jerseys out there, regular NBA jerseys probably have the hardest time selling (I could be wrong, though). Tanktops are a weird look for many people.

pauk
12-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Ugly thing... whats next, sleeve pant shorts?

Rose'sACL
12-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm not really a fan of these, but honestly, I think out of all the types of sports jerseys out there, regular NBA jerseys probably have the hardest time selling (I could be wrong, though). Tanktops are a weird look for many people.
i really like the way sleeved jerseys look but if players don't like them then what can we do? i have never bought any nba jerseys till now because they look weird if you are not playing. most people wear those jerseys over a t shirt anyways when they go to games.
i will buy a duncan jersey. are spurs sleeved jerseys available?

DaSeba5
12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
He's right? Who thought that was ever a good idea? Yeah, let's give tight sleeves to people who are constantly moving their arms around and require precision to get their shot off. Just excellent.

This

Le Shaqtus
12-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Wouldn't be surprised :facepalm

They're cool for like T-Shirt esque things to wear casually but as Jerseys to play on the court they look like shit.

ProfessorMurder
12-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Good, I hope more players complain. Sleeved jerseys are f*cking retarded.

NumberSix
12-21-2013, 07:30 PM
If it's only a one game thing, it's not really a big deal. It's not like these shirts are somehow going to lead to a loss to the Kobe-less Lakers.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-21-2013, 07:36 PM

Wait, what would that look like? What the NFL players wear, sans the padding? Pressure shorts without the basketball shorts on top?

Mr. Incredible
12-21-2013, 07:37 PM
I mean is he wrong?

Le Shaqtus
12-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I mean is he wrong?

Maybe, it may not affect shooting at all.

moe94
12-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Maybe, it may not affect shooting at all.

That's like saying Messi wearing sweat pants won't affect his shot. :biggums:

Le Shaqtus
12-21-2013, 07:54 PM
That's like saying Messi wearing sweat pants won't affect his shot. :biggums:

Pretty sure the two are completely different things.

Although I'm sure Messi wouldn't have too much trouble :lol

moe94
12-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure the two are completely different things.

Although I'm sure Messi wouldn't have too much trouble :lol

How are they different?

Tight sleeves or no sleeves whatsoever

shorts or sweat pants

They both restrict movement and the mechanics of a shot. How is that even arguable.

But yeah, Messi wearing sweat pants likely still leads the world in scoring. :banana:

Bibby4Three
12-21-2013, 08:50 PM
These dudes act like they will be wearing them the rest of the year. Who cares??? It's one game and you are still making millions of dollars. What a clown ass thing to whine about.

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 08:56 PM
These dudes act like they will be wearing them the rest of the year. Who cares??? It's one game and you are still making millions of dollars. What a clown ass thing to whine about.

What if it at work one day out of the year you had to use a computer that shut off every 5 minutes or a pen that didn't work? You wouldn't say "Oh it's okay every other day my stuff works fine". You'd be ****ing pissed off too.

moe94
12-21-2013, 08:58 PM
What if it at work one day out of the year you had to use a computer that shut off every 5 minutes or a pen that didn't work? You wouldn't say "Oh it's okay every other day my stuff works fine". You'd be ****ing pissed off too.

Stop being such a pu55y. It's just one day and you're getting paid!

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Stop being such a pu55y. It's just one day and you're getting paid!
:biggums:
Not even three posts ago you were agreeing that these jerseys are a bad idea

Basketbolero
12-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Meh, the jerseys are ugly and a bad idea.

I bet if they were nike jerseys he would not be saying a thing though, not publicly at least :lol

Heavincent
12-21-2013, 09:04 PM

The **** kind of analogy is that? Makes no sense what so ever.

Playing basketball in sleeves really isn't that big of a deal. Ray Allen isn't gonna suddenly become a shitty shooter just because he's wearing sleeves.

moe94
12-21-2013, 09:05 PM
:biggums:
Not even three posts ago you were agreeing that these jerseys are a bad idea

I was agreeing with you and adding on by being a sarcastic tool. :cheers:

Playing basketball in sleeves really isn't that big of a deal. Ray Allen isn't gonna suddenly become a shitty shooter just because he's wearing sleeves.

Honest question. Have you ever played basketball? Have you ever even shot a basketball?

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 09:09 PM
The **** kind of analogy is that? Makes no sense what so ever.

Two places of work intentionally handing you a worse version of what you use every day. I'm sorry you're too moronic to put two and two together. If playing in sleeves isn't a big deal then explain why more shooters don't wear compression shirts. Explain why players are complaining about their shots. I trust people whose job it is to shoot a basketball way more than I trust your opinion on sleeves.

Cheers Moe, you da man.

KingLeBronJames
12-21-2013, 09:10 PM
T-Shirt jerseys sucks.

gts
12-21-2013, 09:15 PM
T-Shirt jerseys sucks. yeah they do but he's getting paid 25k to wear it for 40 minutes and the people that sign that check want him to wear it so... shut up play ball cash the check

Heavincent
12-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Honest question. Have you ever played basketball? Have you ever even shot a basketball?

Yes RG, and it never made much of a difference to me whether I wore sleeves or not. Do you refuse to play if you're wearing sleeves or something?

"hey, want to play?"

"shit, I would love to play, but I'm wearing sleeves right now, so I can't"

There are plenty of things that make it harder to play. Cold/wet weather, shitty ball, shoes that aren't ideal for basketball, shitty basket, etc. Sleeves though? Never even crossed my mind.

buddha
12-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Baggy uniforms are outdated, Players should go with painted bodies for maximum movement. Think about how easy it would be to fit through tight holes in the paint without those baggy pants and jerseys. This would also lead to more females and ticklish males watching the games, which is good from a business perspective.

Heavincent
12-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Two places of work intentionally handing you a worse version of what you use every day. I'm sorry you're too moronic to put two and two together. If playing in sleeves isn't a big deal then explain why more shooters don't wear compression shirts. Explain why players are complaining about their shots. I trust people whose job it is to shoot a basketball way more than I trust your opinion on sleeves.

Cheers Moe, you da man.

If one day they had to play a game on some shitty outdoor court while wearing flip flops, then your analogy might make sense.

Sleeves though? Who gives a shit?

moe94
12-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Yes RG, and it never made much of a difference to me whether I wore sleeves or not. Do you refuse to play if you're wearing sleeves or something?.

You and I are not professional basketball players. It matters very little whether we play with shirts or no shirts. We're amateurs. These are professionals that play a certain way and are accustomed to not having to worry about sleeves. If they feel TIGHT sleeves are getting in the way of their motions, who are you to suggest otherwise? It's just one game and is used to showcase them and they must wear them, regardless, but to suggest there is no reason to be against them is simply stupid. This isn't an argument. Sleeves get in the way. How is that even subjective?

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2013, 09:34 PM
If one day they had to play a game on some shitty outdoor court while wearing flip flops, then your analogy might make sense.

Sleeves though? Who gives a shit?

There is a large difference between sleeves on a regular T shirt and sleeves on a compression shirt. Maybe that's just me though...well me and the NBA players

RIP CITY
12-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Good, I hope more players complain. Sleeved jerseys are f*cking retarded.

This.

AintNoSunshine
12-22-2013, 12:45 AM
LOL. Weren't yall trashing those sleeve jerseys when GSW anounced to wear it? Now Lebron says the same thing and you acting like those sleeve jerseys are the best thing ever

Bibby4Three
12-22-2013, 02:10 AM

Don't really understand that analogy at all but okay.

Most NBA players wear LONG SLEEVE shooting shirts in warmups. This should totally be a non-issue when it comes to affecting their shooting.

Cali Syndicate
12-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Disgusting.

KyrieTheFuture
12-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Don't really understand that analogy at all but okay.

Most NBA players wear LONG SLEEVE shooting shirts in warmups. This should totally be a non-issue when it comes to affecting their shooting.

So why don't players wear sleeves then? What is the point in forcing them to wear something they don't like? Even if it physically makes no difference, the mental aspect of it will be enough to **** with their shot.

Quickening
12-22-2013, 05:13 AM
So why don't players wear sleeves then? What is the point in forcing them to wear something they don't like? Even if it physically makes no difference, the mental aspect of it will be enough to **** with their shot.

Because they get paid millions and the NBA is a business... if having sleeved jerseys would double shirt sales, the players as employees should wear them, and if they dont like it, leave.

tomtucker
12-22-2013, 05:17 AM
arms and pits must get really hot, sweaty and wet....nasty.................sleeves are a dumb idea

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 08:18 AM
arms and pits must get really hot, sweaty and wet....nasty.................sleeves are a dumb idea

Yup. Terrible Marketing by the NBA.

eriX
12-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Because they get paid millions and the NBA is a business... if having sleeved jerseys would double shirt sales, the players as employees should wear them, and if they dont like it, leave.

seriously? :biggums:

if lebron says he doesnt want to wear these sleeves you think nba will to him just leave? :facepalm

pauk
12-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Wait, what would that look like? What the NFL players wear, sans the padding? Pressure shorts without the basketball shorts on top?

Something like:

http://www.sportshop-online.se/shop/4642/art42/h0986/20610986-origpic-a8fb51.jpg
or
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/536800950/2012-Cycling-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Cycling-Bib-Shorts-Bicycle-pants-shorts-Suits-MW-05.jpg

The ladies (and Jameer) would probably appreciate dat ass though.

#number6ix#
12-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Bron's not complaining he said the shooters are

KobesFinger
12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
They look like something the cheerleaders wear

Eric Cartman
12-22-2013, 12:25 PM
There is a reason the jerseys are have no sleeves.

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Bron's not complaining he said the shooters are

But it's coming out of his mouth, which has a lot of weight. When the best player spouts off about a dumb uniform choice, that will hopefully attract attention.

Le Shaqtus
12-22-2013, 02:11 PM
LeBron does like to complain a lot... I remember when Hinrich wrapped his arms around him to stop a fast break, he was a big ole bitch about that.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-22-2013, 02:33 PM
So reading these boards, most people seemed to hate the sleeves idea but now that Lebron said it, people get their panties in a bunch.

DCL
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
i grew up with baggy everything. lots of space and free movement. the tighty-tight homo gear should not be for basketball.

Knoe Itawl
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
LeBron does like to complain a lot... I remember when Hinrich wrapped his arms around him to stop a fast break, he was a big ole bitch about that.

Have you ever played basketball? Sleeves restrict movement. I know I hate playing in tshirts, so I never do. Some people just reflexively moan about anything Lebron says, even if it's reasonable. He could say the sun in yellow, and some clowns would say "That Lebron, what a bitch telling the truth about the sun's color" :rolleyes:

gts
12-22-2013, 05:01 PM
What's funny is if you google Heat practice pics you get tons of pics of players in long sleeved shirts at practice

NumberSix
12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
So reading these boards, most people seemed to hate the sleeves idea but now that Lebron said it, people get their panties in a bunch.
Yup. A period soaked, skid-marked bunch.

La Frescobaldi
12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
If it's only a one game thing, it's not really a big deal. It's not like these shirts are somehow going to lead to a loss to the Kobe-less Lakers.
doubt it is only one game. Wolves have been wearing them for like a month, off and on.

Derka
12-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Well, they're really bad jerseys. This ain't the Tour du France.

La Frescobaldi
12-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Well, they're really bad jerseys. This ain't the Tour du France.

true. these guys are entirely too heavy to compete in bicycling. Any second rate sprinter would drop them all within 70 meters

branslowski
12-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Have you ever played basketball? Sleeves restrict movement. I know I hate playing in tshirts, so I never do. Some people just reflexively moan about anything Lebron says, even if it's reasonable. He could say the sun in yellow, and some clowns would say "That Lebron, what a bitch telling the truth about the sun's color" :rolleyes:

Your're probably right, but the irony of this post is so overwhelming.

It's like you past Kobe haters don't even follow your own beliefs.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Whilst I agree with LeBron about the sleeves and stuff, why can't the shooters themselves complain to the media???

aj1987
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM
IIRC, Lebron complained that the refs weren't consistent that game and used the Hinrich foul as an example.

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Whilst I agree with LeBron about the sleeves and stuff, why can't the shooters themselves complain to the media???

Who's the league going to listen to more;

LeBron or Rashard Lewis

KyrieTheFuture
12-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Yes because employers love putting out an inferior product. No one thinks these look good so it won't double sales. If they for force players to wear normal t shirts they shouldn't force them to wear these.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Who's the league going to listen to more;

LeBron or Rashard Lewis

Yea I understand that but it makes LeBron look bad, Ray Allen should have said it.

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Who wears Sleeves while playing basketball? Yeah. Tricycle Drivers, and truck Drivers.

SamuraiSWISH
12-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Not a fan of sleeved basketball jerseys, but the designs outside of the sleeves are actually pretty legit.

leMVP
03-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Hmm, I think it's really an issue.

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Hmm, I think it's really an issue.

How so?

leMVP
03-06-2014, 11:56 PM
How so?

Watch the 3 games Lebron played this year wearing sleeved jersey.

It's really bothering him alot.

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Watch the 3 games Lebron played this year wearing sleeved jersey.

It's really bothering him alot.

It's not like he didn't struggle shooting against the Spurs wearing the normal jersey :confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
03-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Yea I understand that but it makes LeBron look bad, Ray Allen should have said it.
it doesn't make lebron look bad. if some other player like durant or kobe said the same thing, you'd say "he is just saying what all players think and as he is a superstar, league would take more notice".

aj1987
03-07-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't care about the shooting, but I do hope LeBron complains to Silver and gets them banned. Sleeved jerseys are just ridiculous. What next? NFL style pants? :facepalm

ripthekik
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
He'll whine about anything to deflect from his 4th quarter performance wont he :roll:

CelticBaller
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't care about the shooting, but I do hope LeBron complains to Silver and gets them banned. Sleeved jerseys are just ridiculous. What next? NFL style pants? :facepalm
seriously, silver needs to listen to the face of the nba