PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies sign Seth Curry

zac
12-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Their last signing like this, James Johnson, has worked out pretty well so far. I like this move.

@StephanieReady: Dell Curry just announced that his 2nd son Seth has signed today with The Memphis Grizzlies! Congrats Seth! Congrats Curry Family!

Phantom_Blue
12-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Hopefully he gives Bayless some competition and provides the shooting they desperately need. Not really a Memphis fan, but I do want to see them return to the playoffs, if only to not waste Zach Randolphs remaining years.

James Johnson is such an enigma to me, some teams he claims the starting position like nothing, then he gets shoved to the end of the bench and the next year you're wondering what the heck happened to him, only to be starting for another team again lol.

Scholar
12-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Not that I expect him to be as good as Steph Curry, but there's no denying the Curry family are great at shooting. Memphis really needs more shooters, so this is a good signing by them.

zac
12-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Hopefully he gives Bayless some competition and provides the shooting they desperately need. Not really a Memphis fan, but I do want to see them return to the playoffs, if only to not waste Zach Randolphs remaining years.

James Johnson is such an enigma to me, some teams he claims the starting position like nothing, then he gets shoved to the end of the bench and the next year you're wondering what the heck happened to him, only to be starting for another team again lol.
Yeah I've always like James Johnson and wanted the Grizzlies to trade for him when Rudy went down that one year because Chicago just wasn't playing him. He play sell for the raps, then falls off. Starts for the Kings, then is in the d-league. He started his first game for the a Grizzlies today and was great. Him and Davis started alongside Randolph and they destroyed the Knicks on the boards, Johnson had 5 rebounds in the first 5 minutes. He gives the grizzlies a young athletic wing that can rebound and guard guys. Prince is done and Miller isn't exactly a starter at this stage.

dab0yech0
12-22-2013, 05:14 PM
When Marc Gasol was not so sought after, they developed him into a star. Would be nice if they can do the same with Seth

Le Shaqtus
12-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Seth is so short though...

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Seth is so short though...

6'1" without shoes, 6'3" in shoes.

Le Shaqtus
12-22-2013, 07:43 PM
6'1" without shoes, 6'3" in shoes.

He's listed at 6'2 everywhere I've looked.

Way too undersized as an SG and we know he's not a point.

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 07:45 PM

I see. I just looked at his NBA Pre draft Measurements.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Seth-Curry-5499/

Brizzly
12-22-2013, 09:24 PM
When Marc Gasol was not so sought after, they developed him into a star. Would be nice if they can do the same with Seth

This is not even comparable, the problem with Marc was that teams didn't know if he wanted to play in the NBA and he was very fat in Spain.

With Gasol injured I just hope we can continue tanking, maybe get Randle who Zach can mentor until he retires. We don't stand a chance this year anyway.

zac
12-22-2013, 09:29 PM

He's turned himself into a decent PG in the d-league. I think he realizes he was too undersized to be a SG and has really worked on his game. I was not a Seth fan coming out of Duke for this reason but he's definitely worked on changing his game. He's not gonna be his brother but if he can be a backup PG/scorer that can knock down open 3s (it's in his blood), it's a good signing.

By the way it's a 2 year, nonguaranteed deal. If he makes it through a certain date in January, it's guaranteed for the rest of this season which I fully expect.

I also think this signing, along with James Johnson, are indicators of Bayless and Prince getting moved soon. They aren't in the long term plans for this team.

Lebron23
12-22-2013, 09:32 PM
The Grizzlies sucks this season. They might as well sign a D-league player.

Black and White
12-22-2013, 09:36 PM
More perimeter shooting can't hurt them

zac
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
The Grizzlies sucks this season. They might as well sign a D-league player.
Mike Miller and Kosta Koufos are the only two players to play in every game this season. The injuries have been the worst I've seen for this team.

Bosnian Sajo
12-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Mike Miller and Kosta Koufos are the only two players to play in every game this season. The injuries have been the worst I've seen for this team.

Lakers have had it the worst so far with injuries

TheReturn
12-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Rose
Deng
Noah
Butler
Heinrich

Have all been out for multiple games.

HylianNightmare
12-23-2013, 08:38 AM
hpefully he sticks, he was lighting up the d league and he has worked on his all around game

bagelred
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM
So let me ask you this...if you name one son Steph, why would you name the other one Seth? Huh? Too much alike...

Do they have a sister named Beth? A brother named Hef? Do they smoke Meth?

Am I right, people? Of course I am.....:cheers:

zac
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM
I never was comparing them to any other team. I said this is the worst luck with injuries that I've seen for this team, as in the Grizzlies franchise through the years.