PDA

View Full Version : Wolves 0-7 in games decided by 2 possessions or less

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-23-2013, 01:34 AM
:kobe: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe:

Fudge
12-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Somebody bump that thread stallionaire made in the beginning of the year saying the Wolves are contenders or some shit.

Legends66NBA7
12-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Love and Pekovic beasted. Griffin too.

:applause:

Norcaliblunt
12-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Their perimeter guard play is beyond pathetic.

loganwadams
12-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Wolves 0-7 in the last 7 against the Clippers. :yaohappy:

FireDavidKahn
12-23-2013, 01:39 AM
This team is cursed. Put this same exact team in any other city and they would have a better record.

SHAQisGOAT
12-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Empty stats

loganwadams
12-23-2013, 01:42 AM
What does this "empty stats" mean?

SHAQisGOAT
12-23-2013, 01:46 AM
What does this "empty stats" mean?

An example:
If Kevin Love has a 45/19/6 on 15-23 fg, 2-6 3p and 13-15 ft game (while hitting some clutch shots, even though he missed a ft at the end of regulation) but K-Mart can't handle the ball and Pek misses some easy baskets while the Wolves lose then Love has empty stats... If they've won, it wouldn't be empty though.
Get it?

loganwadams
12-23-2013, 01:48 AM
An example:
If Kevin Love has a 45/19/6 on 15-23 fg, 2-6 3p and 13-15 ft game (while hitting some clutch shots, even though he missed a ft at the end of regulation) but K-Mart can't handle the ball and Pek misses some easy baskets while the Wolves lose then Love has empty stats... If they've won, it wouldn't be empty though.
Get it?

Yeaaaah I got it.

red1
12-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow that must be painful for wolves fans. Would rather have 7 blowouts instead of watching my team lose every close game

KungFuJoe
12-23-2013, 01:50 AM
At what point does the blame get shifted from Love to Rubio for the TWolves failures year after year?

Really really hard to continue to say "empty stats" when he puts up 45/19 and Rubio puts up ZERO points.

Empty stats is better than NO stats.

SHAQisGOAT
12-23-2013, 01:55 AM
At what point does the blame get shifted from Love to Rubio for the TWolves failures year after year?

Really really hard to continue to say "empty stats" when he puts up 45/19 and Rubio puts up ZERO points.

Empty stats is better than NO stats.

If Rubio can't become, at least, a solid spot-up shooter and also off of pick-n-rolls the Wolves can't really amount to much at all. Just atrocious sometimes, I mean his 3pt shot has been decent this year so far but doesn't help that he can't finish at the rim consistently or close.
Plus they need to trade for a big that can protect the paint (off the bench), and all of them need to learn how to make better decisions at the end.

R.I.P.
12-23-2013, 01:56 AM

Who held CP3 to 6-19 shooting and dished out 12 assists? :facepalm

Defense. KL should try it some time.

KungFuJoe
12-23-2013, 02:04 AM

I don't hate Rubio...I like the guy. I think his court vision is elite. His defense is great, too. I would LOVE to have a guy like Rubio on my team if I wanted someone setting me up for easy shots.

But, at what point does his lack of scoring become a detriment? I mean, he is literally NO threat at all.

Even low tier PGs from the past on championship teams, like Fisher, Chalmers...or going back to the bulls days of Paxson, BJ, Kerr...etc...could knock down the three or provide clutch shooting on a timely basis.

Rubio's feel for the game is awesome...but the object is still to score more points than the other team. Goddamn if he could just develop a reliable three point set shot like Magic did later on. But his stroke is god awful.

andremiller07
12-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Ricky Rubio at this point is a slighter taller Brevin Knight who played for the Bobcats amongst other teams.

SHAQisGOAT
12-23-2013, 02:06 AM

Still got definitely outplayed by his match (Paul), think about it, be smart for a second... And where was Rubio them other times CP3 was shitting on them?

Love easily overplayed Griffin (who had a great game) and got him to foul out.

Horde of Temujin
12-23-2013, 03:06 AM
those empty stats

Cone
12-23-2013, 03:09 AM

/thread

love is overrated. Same story every game, great stats, but a loss. No more excuses.

I<3NBA
12-23-2013, 08:26 AM
close losses are on the coach. that means Minny coach is being outcoached during close games.

All Net
12-23-2013, 08:27 AM
nobody clutch...

B-Easy8
12-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I don't understand this team at all.

We have 2 premier big men and a pass first PG and we have only 1 shooter. It kills me t watch them each game. Same problem every game, the bigs dominate then get doubled and we have no shooters/our bench sucks and we blow our lead.

Every game this happens yet we signed Corey Brewer and just traded for Mbah - 2 awful shooters. If we had shooters around Love, Pek and Rubio we would be a playoff team.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:00 PM

We have 2 premier big men and a pass first PG and we have only 1 shooter. It kills me t watch them each game. Same problem every game, the bigs dominate then get doubled and we have no shooters/our bench sucks and we blow our lead.

Every game this happens yet we signed Corey Brewer and just traded for Mbah - 2 awful shooters. If we had shooters around Love, Pek and Rubio we would be a playoff team.

Defense is the problem, not offense.

Of course you could do with an extra shooter or two, but defense is why the Wolves are a sub-.500 team

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 01:02 PM
An example:
Get it?
Pek hit clutch shots too though.

Love has missed two game winners this year, one of which was a bunny.

Last week he had 0 points and 1 rebound in the fourth quarter in a loss...

And last night he had a great game but didn't end up taking the big shots down the stretch it was Pek.

*It's not all his fault but he has to share some of the blame.

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Brewer and Mbah are the defenders they need because guys like Love and Kev can't guard.

B-Easy8
12-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Brewer and Mbah are the defenders they need because guys like Love and Kev can't guard.

Brew doesn't guard he just goes for steals.

Mbah can D but has missed more layups then he has points for us.

CelticBaller
12-23-2013, 01:20 PM

A come ****ing on, you guys where torching Rondo fo not being able to score more that 11, but he played elite defense, got more than 10 dimes and gave 5 rebound rebounds per game :oldlol:

The amount of hate Love gets its ridiculous, what the hell did the guy do you? :oldlol:

Crown&Coke
12-23-2013, 01:39 PM
If Kevin Martin can hold on to the ball at the end of regulation that game is a notch in the win column. The exact thing they wanted to happen is the exact thing that happened, except Kevin Martin wants to get loose with the ball rather than just pick it up :lol

But lets put this L squarely on Love, seems legit

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Brew doesn't guard he just goes for steals.

Mbah can D but has missed more layups then he has points for us.

Brewer is the best defender on the team is he not? When your star player isn't your best player on both ends you have to make up for it somehow.

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Still got definitely outplayed by his match (Paul), think about it, be smart for a second... And where was Rubio them other times CP3 was shitting on them?

Love easily overplayed Griffin (who had a great game) and got him to foul out.
Eh, holding the best pg in the league to a poor shooting percentage, below average game is good work/good luck.

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
close losses are on the coach. that means Minny coach is being outcoached during close games.
Even the game where Love missed the game winning layup?

robert de niro
12-23-2013, 02:19 PM
If Rubio can't become, at least, a solid spot-up shooter and also off of pick-n-rolls the Wolves can't really amount to much at all. Just atrocious sometimes, I mean his 3pt shot has been decent this year so far but doesn't help that he can't finish at the rim consistently or close.
Plus they need to trade for a big that can protect the paint (off the bench), and all of them need to learn how to make better decisions at the end.

I think they already got that guy in Dieng but Adelman refuses to use him, poor guy can't even develop, hopefully when Turiaf and (specially) Budinger get back, we will see less troll lineups like Dante playing the C and Brewer the PF at the same time. Ricky won't improve his shooting anyway, I like the guy but he has been pro since 14 and they already put the best shooting coaches on him with no result, I don't see how he would develop it now in a fast-paced NBA schedule. He still can do better than this slump he has been on, but don't expect a huge improvement. Kevin Martin needs to wake the **** up.

Basketbolero
12-23-2013, 02:43 PM
to me this is on defense and guard play (or lack of both). They are unable to get key stops when it matters and their decision making is suspect sometimes.

Ricky needs to grow a pair and say '**** this, I am taking over at the end of games'. The way that team plays, they are begging for him to do so.

Love is a great player but like every big he needs a guard that can dominate the ball in crunch time and make the right play.

That play yesterday were Ricky inbounds the ball to Kevin Martin should have never been set up that way. You want your point guard to have the ball in his hands in a situation like that, especially when your SG is not exactly a reliable ballhandler. I don't care if Martin is a better FT shooter.

If he does not inspire confidence in his teammates at the end of games they are not going to play with confidence themselves. I know Love is the best player on the team but he is a PF, do you want him to bring the ball across the court too? Either Ricky grows up and takes on more of a leader role or they will have to bring in a veteran to do so, especially if they want Love to stay, he will sooner or later grow tired of losing games like this...

Go Getter
12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
to me this is on defense and guard play (or lack of both). They are unable to get key stops when it matters and their decision making is suspect sometimes.

Ricky needs to grow a pair and say '**** this, I am taking over at the end of games'. The way that team plays, they are begging for him to do so.

Love is a great player but like every big he needs a guard that can dominate the ball in crunch time and make the right play.

That play yesterday were Ricky inbounds the ball to Kevin Martin should have never been set up that way. You want your point guard to have the ball in his hands in a situation like that, especially when your SG is not exactly a reliable ballhandler. I don't care if Martin is a better FT shooter.

If he does not inspire confidence in his teammates at the end of games they are not going to play with confidence themselves. I know Love is the best player on the team but he is a PF, do you want him to bring the ball across the court too? Either Ricky grows up and takes on more of a leader role or they will have to bring in a veteran to do so, especially if they want Love to stay, he will sooner or later grow tired of losing games like this...

So the game before this when he had no points and one rebound in the fourth that was the guard's fault too?

Basketbolero
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
So the game before this when he had no points and one rebound in the fourth that was the guard's fault too?
I am not saying Love has nothing to do with this or blaming others for his poor performances. I am trying to stay away from the 'empty stats' argument as I think too many people with agendas get involved in it but that doesn't mean I am defending the man.

Love is not going to change the type of player he is. He will get better at certain aspects of his game but he will never be a guy you give the ball to and get out fo the way in crunch time.

I do feel Ricky can grow into a player you can rely on to have the ball in his hands a the end of games, even if it's not necessarily to take the last shot and that he must start turning into that ASAP.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-30-2013, 11:25 PM
0-8:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

eklip
12-30-2013, 11:39 PM
That was a weird game. The Mavs normally don't win games when Dirk, Monta and Vince are playing bad. Marion saved them this time.

Was Love behind the 3 point line in the last play?

DirkNowitzki41
12-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Thats because they dont have a true franchise player. Cant blame them

Legends66NBA7
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Thats because they dont have a true franchise player. Cant blame them

A guy who's 3rd in scoring (probably 2nd after tonight) and 1st in rebounding is a franchise player.

DirkNowitzki41
12-30-2013, 11:59 PM
A guy who's 3rd in scoring (probably 2nd after tonight) and 1st in rebounding is a franchise player.

Franchise players also make the playoffs, even with sub par supporting casts.

FireDavidKahn
12-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Like Kobe Bryant?

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 12:12 AM

Actually, teams make the playoffs.

You gonna tell me Kevin Garnett wasn't a franchise player from 05-07 after his MVP year ?

Spaulding
12-31-2013, 12:15 AM
That was a weird game. The Mavs normally don't win games when Dirk, Monta and Vince are playing bad. Marion saved them this time.

Was Love behind the 3 point line in the last play?

His foot was on line but he should have gotten two shots at the line for the OT opportunity .

Dresta
12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
This has a lot to do with their best player not being able to get himself a good shot when defences key in at the end of a game.