PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans were we Rockets fans right about Dwight

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 10:53 AM
That what you guys received last season was a less than fully recovered from back surgery and not in game shape Dwight Howard? Have you seen his recent play here with the Rockets? Do you feel like he's the same player or have you come to terms with him actually being healthy AND playing with more effort? I'll admit, he's still not Orlando Dwight, but he looks a looooooot better than he did last season. I'm not looking at his numbers per say, but how he plays on the court. His movements and things like that.

All Net
12-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I said this when he signed in Houston.

His play last season was mainly down to his back and not being up to speed. I said at the start of the season you would see closer to the Orlando Dwight than the one we saw last year. His play this year is exactly what I expected to see happen.

IGOTGAME
12-23-2013, 11:08 AM

His play last season was mainly down to his back and not being up to speed. I said at the start of the season you would see closer to the Orlando Dwight than the one we saw last year. His play this year is exactly what I expected to see happen.

So you said he would play better in his second season after back surgery than his first. Bold prediction.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 11:10 AM

I can't lie, I kinda sorta lost hope towards the start of the season. I just figured he'd be back to 100% Orlando Dwight at the very start. After the Knicks game I had pretty much come to terms that he was 100% healthy and that's just the best that we were gonna get. Here lately though he's been looking sooooooo good. Some of those old post moves were coming back to him. Then I heard an interview last week and he said he's still not fully healed and that it would indeed take a few years. I don't know if he meant a few more or just a few total from when he had surgery. He still let me down with his lack of effort in the games I did watch though. Just cause that was my guy. I guess the bright side is that it all happened while he had on that ugly ass purple and gold lol.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
So you said he would play better in his second season after back surgery than his first. Bold prediction.

Asshole lol. He's actualy a rational Laker fan. It's bold to hear something rational from a Laker fan I can't even lie.

All Net
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM

Not exactly bold then is it when many here didn't say he would be that good In Houston and he was losing his touch

Many here were glad he left..I wasn't.

Bandito
12-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Hes still a cancer and a diva though... Also he playing this good doesnt surprise me one bit because i knew all he needed was time. It was the off the court antics that piss me off about him.

Charlie Sheen
12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Hes still a cancer and a diva though... Also he playing this good doesnt surprise me one bit because i knew all he needed was time. It was the off the court antics that piss me off about him.

Explain how he is a cancer? This is freaking basketball. You win with talent, not a group of the most likeable players.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Explain how he is a cancer? This is freaking basketball. You win with talent, not a group of the most likeable players.

Don't know if Dwight can be called a cancer, but he is definitely a frontrunner.

He's not poisonous enough to lose you a certain title if he was on a stacked and well coached team with steady veteran leadership,
but he doesn't have it in him to bring his teammates to another level. Look at the way that he ended terms with the Magic and the Lakers and you'll see who he is. Not one bit of leadership when they needed him most, and not one bit of accountability taken after.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 11:56 AM

His play last year also had a lot to do with Kobe. The fact that Kobe is old now and still was being a dick about sharing the ball, and the spotlight, was a big reason why Dwight wasn't mentally happy and didn't have chemistry with the team.

Kobe has always been about Kobe. Ball stopping chucker. This is the 2nd time he ran off the league's best Center.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 12:06 PM
His play last year also had a lot to do with Kobe. The fact that Kobe is old now and still was being a dick about sharing the ball, and the spotlight, was a big reason why Dwight wasn't mentally happy and didn't have chemistry with the team.

Kobe has always been about Kobe. Ball stopping chucker. This is the 2nd time he ran off the league's best Center.

Yeah, and Dwight was robbed of the Nobel prize in Chemistry for the last few seasons in Orlando.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/van-gundy-howard.jpg

This isn't a Kobe problem, Dwight has shown he has no ability to provide any leadership or even keep his own shit together in anything other than the ideal circumstances for himself. He had a chance to show Kobe who's team it was in the playoffs, end result? He gave up, got swept and ejected in the clinching game, then he deflected all responsibility and ran away, in other words he did a Dwight.

He's a *****.

Nick Young
12-23-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL. No you were wrong. This guy is a natural born loser. Just wait til the playoffs start and things get tough. See how happy you are with him watching him smiling and joking on the bench while getting blown out in the playoffs.

Nick Young
12-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Dwight got the most touches of any big man in the league last season, and averaged 1 more touch a game then his best season in Orlando.

Get the phuck out with Kobe holding him back. Nash and Kobe kept trying to feed D12 easy looks for the entire first half of the season and all he did was screw it up.

So Dwight as a Laker averages more touches then he ever did as a Magic, and he still needs more touches?:roll:

Check out this bitchmade traitor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Have fun losing in the first and second round every year for the next five years XD Oh wait you're a Rockets fan, you're used to that already

akts
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Dwight has been better than I thought he would be. As a Fan of basketball I am glad he is doing great. As a Lakers Fan I hate it. lol

Yet let's be honest though, he said He did not want to come, and he did not fit in or like it. The Lakers and Dwight just did not work out. To me it was best they part ways.

He is a great athlete and puts up stats, but to me he just seems to lack that tangible something that the past bigs have had. I guess what Malone, Barkley, Shaq had. That Gritty attitude that meant it was go time. He is just wired different is all. Can't really hate him for it, just kind of trip that he isn't that way.
I wish him all the best .. until He plays against the Lakers that is. Then i want him to have 2 pts. 1 reb 30 billion turnovers 0 blocks and fouls out!
Yet that's with any other teams stars and players:D

Dictator
12-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Dwight got the most touches of any big man in the league last season, and averaged 1 more touch a game then his best season in Orlando.

Get the phuck out with Kobe holding him back. Nash and Kobe kept trying to feed D12 easy looks for the entire first half of the season and all he did was screw it up.

So Dwight as a Laker averages more touches then he ever did as a Magic, and he still needs more touches?:roll:

Have fun losing in the first and second round every year for the next five years XD Oh wait you're a Rockets fan, you're used to that already

Damn

gts
12-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I think most Lakers fans problems with Dwight were he'd use the surgery as an excuse after a bad game tell everyone who'd listen he's only 70% then complain about touches in the next sentence never realizing how dumb it sounded.. You can't tell me you missed a bucket of rebounds and missed shots all night because you're not up to par then tell me you still want to touch the ball more

Hopefully he's matured from his experience in LA and Orlando, hopefully he's learned a bit about taking responsibility for his actions on and off the floor

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:18 PM

You can't just list the amount of touches and ignore the quality and type of touches he got.

It's a difference of being fed the ball as a 1st option, and being fed the ball by Kobe. Dwight can have 100 touches a game, but if they are garbage Kobe feeds, where Dwight is treated as a glorified Tyson chandler, then it matters not.

The offense didn't go inside out. Kobe prevented Dwight from playing to his strengths, and forced Dwight to play to Kobe's style. It didn't work and he wasn't happy.

YouGotServed
12-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Of course Laker fans were wrong. They kept saying Dwight is a diva, cancer, a distraction, selfish, clown, etc etc. It's all bullshit. Dwight is the best center in the league and LA did not treat him with respect. They wanted him to take on the "Tyson Chandler" role. A good defensive big man who picks up garbage around the basket. :rolleyes:

Now people are seeing what a clusterf*ck of a team that was last year. Dwight was the scapegoat for the team's shitty play. Have fun trying to sign someone else with Kobe's contract in the books. Not one relevant player will sign with the Lakers knowing Kobe has that franchise by the balls. It's money/Kobe first, winning 2nd.

Give Dwight the ball and he'll produce. He's not "back", he never left. Dwight's always been Dwight. I laugh every time I see someone saying Dwight isn't the best center in the NBA. He is, and by a wide margin. He's had monster games against Bogut and Hibbert. Made them look like children. Dwight is the best center in the league by far and you chose a past his prime Kobe over him. I respect that, loyalty. But then get so butt-hurt at Dwight because he chose not to be 2nd fiddle to an aging and inferior "star". :confusedshrug: You chose Kobe over him. Let the guy be.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
You can't just list the amount of touches and ignore the quality and type of touches he got.

It's a difference of being fed the ball as a 1st option, and being fed the ball by Kobe. Dwight can have 100 touches a game, but if they are garbage Kobe feeds, where Dwight is treated as a glorified Tyson chandler, then it matters not.

The offense didn't go inside out. Kobe prevented Dwight from playing to his strengths, and forced Dwight to play to Kobe's style. It didn't work and he wasn't happy.

Kobe is actually one of the better players in the league at finding and feeding the post, Shaq and Gasol both had their best seasons playing with him.

Dwight failed to mesh with the Lakers due to a combination of 1/ injury 2/ unwillingness to adapt 3/ low basketball IQ.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Of course Laker fans were wrong. They kept saying Dwight is a diva, cancer, a distraction, selfish, clown, etc etc. It's all bullshit. Dwight is the best center in the league and LA did not treat him with respect. They wanted him to take on the "Tyson Chandler" role. A good defensive big man who picks up garbage around the basket. :rolleyes:

Now people are seeing what a clusterf*ck of a team that was last year. Dwight was the scapegoat for the team's shitty play. Have fun trying to sign someone else with Kobe's contract in the books. Not one relevant player will sign with the Lakers knowing Kobe has that franchise by the balls. It's money/Kobe first, winning 2nd.

Give Dwight the ball and he'll produce. He's not "back", he never left. Dwight's always been Dwight. I laugh every time I see someone saying Dwight isn't the best center in the NBA. He is, and by a wide margin. He's had monster games against Bogut and Hibbert. Made them look like children. Dwight is the best center in the league by far and you chose a past his prime Kobe over him. I respect that, loyalty. But then get so butt-hurt at Dwight because he chose not to be 2nd fiddle to an aging and inferior "star". :confusedshrug: You chose Kobe over him. Let the guy be.

Why you so mad?

They gave Dwight the ball in the playoffs, how did that turn out.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Kobe is actually one of the better players in the league at finding and feeding the post, Shaq and Gasol both had their best seasons playing with him.

No, that wasn't due to "playing with Kobe"... That was due to the Triangle and Phil Jackson as head coach.

If it was because of Kobe, he would have done his thing independently, regardless of Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:37 PM
No, that wasn't due to "playing with Kobe"... That was due to the Triangle and Phil Jackson as head coach.

If it was because of Kobe, he would have done his thing independently, regardless of Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni.

You mean when Bynum had his breakout season and challenged Dwight as the top C in the league with Mike Brown in charge. Part of that is due to having more opportunity from the decline of Pau, but fact is Kobe did not hamper his development in any way

Bynum, Pau, Shaq, Odom, Dwight, Kwame Brown. All but one flourished playing with Kobe

Find the odd one out

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:38 PM

Repped. Great post.

I want to add - if Jerry Buss was still alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with Dwight. Jerry loved Shaq, but Jerry used his brain in 2004. Kobe was the young star, and Shaq was old and on decline. So he sided with Kobe.

If Jerry was alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with the young star, Dwight, who would have been the future of the Lakers. Then build around him.

Jerry would never have allowed his team to sacrifice championships and give away the best C in the game, for a 36 year old injured Kobe.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
You mean when Bynum had his breakout season and challenged Dwight as the top C in the league with Mike Brown in charge.

You mean the only season in which Bynum was actually healthy, and played the most MPG of his career with 35 mpg?

You're crediting Bynum's improved health to Kobe?

HelterSkelter
12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Dwight was supposed to be their future... they paid him franchise player money... expected franchise player performance.. in a system that was absolutely a bad fit for him..

They should have adjusted their system to his style....or at least met halfway.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
You mean the only season in which Bynum was actually healthy, and played the most MPG of his career with 35 mpg, and had career high amount of FGA?

How could he have a career high amount of FGA if Kobe is this ball hogging chucker that doesn't feed the big men. Did Bynum bring the ball up himself or something??? If Bynum can score 18ppg+ with Kobe, why can't the top C in the league?? You saying Bynum would have averaged 25 and 14 on that Orlando team???

You're contradicting yourself.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:45 PM
How could he have a career high amount of FGA if Kobe is this ball hogging chucker that doesn't feed the big men.

Because you called that season his "breakout season". There is a reason for it. His improved health that allowed him to stay on the court.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Because you called that season his "breakout season". There is a reason for it. His improved health that allowed him to stay on the court.

I said that in response to you saying Phil Jackson and the Triangle was the cause of Pau and Shaq's success with the Lakers, not Kobe, who by your logic is responsible for Dwight's failure.

I'm saying Bynum had his best season with no Phil Jackson while playing with Kobe at the same time. By your logic, wouldn't Bynum's performance fallen off a cliff in those circumstances

Did they? :lol :lol clown

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm saying Bynum had his best season with no Phil Jackson while playing with by your logic, wouldn't Bynum's performance fallen off a cliff in those circumstances

No. Because Bynum had big health problems under Phil Jackson. So once he is healthy, it doesn't matter who was coach, he was going to improve by simply being healthy and able to play and practice more.

You can't use Bynum as an example, because Bynum wasn't fully healthy under Phil like he was in his so called "breakout season".

You can use Shaq, and Gasol. And that was under Phil Jackson and the Triangle.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Hasn't every single starting Center or PF that has played with Kobe complained about his shot quality and attempts. I don't think Kobe hampered Dwight last season as much as it was Dwight's back and just the team. I will agree with Bynum though when he said playing with Kobe hampered his career. If he had been healthy this season he would've been balling out of this world. Second best center in the NBA for sure.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
No. Because Bynum had big health problems under Phil Jackson. So once he is healthy, it doesn't matter who was coach, he was going to improve by simply being healthy and able to play and practice more.

You can't use Bynum as an example, because Bynum wasn't fully healthy under Phil like he was in his so called "breakout season".

So despite all evidence pointing to every post player other than Dwight playing their career best year alongside Kobe. In your world, that was all due to every other factor except Kobe.

4 Games Played
4 Losses
17.0 ppg
10.8 rpg
1.0 apg
4.0 turnovers pg

These are Dwight's playoff stats last season, without Kobe's ballhogging ass getting in his way. He sure didn't look like the best C in the league when he was getting owned by old man Duncan.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
So despite all evidence pointing to every post player other than Dwight playing their career best year alongside Kobe. In your world, that was all due to every other factor except Kobe.

4 Games Played
4 Losses
17.0 ppg
10.8 rpg
1.0 apg
4.0 turnovers pg

These are Dwight's playoff stats last season, without Kobe's ballhogging ass getting in his way. He sure didn't look like the best C in the league when he was getting owned by old man Duncan.

What were Duncan's stat lines for those games as well?

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 02:05 PM

It's easy to key in on 1 player in the playoffs, when they have nothing surrounding them. Look at Barry Sanders in the playoffs. All teams had to do was stack the line and take away the running game. The Lions couldn't throw very well. Does Barry suck?

In the same way, Dwight was missing players.

Kobe's salary took up how much of the salary cap last year? $30 million?

That's $30 mil worth of players that Dwight was missing due to Kobe sitting out. You can't just point and say, "Look, Dwight didn't do well"..... without taking into context, that Dwight was playing on a Lakers team with a $30 million dollar hole on the roster.

$30 mil could afford a LOT of talent around Dwight. Would the Spurs have been able to key in on Dwight so easily, if Dwight had $30 million worth of players surrounding him? Lethal 3pt shooters to space the floor, maybe another All-Star on the court with him also?

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm not your basketball encyclopaedia go look it up yourself on basketballreference.com

He wasn't 2001 Shaq but he looked more like the best C in the league than Dwight's bum ass did that's for sure.

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 02:06 PM
i know dwight right, the dwightmare has not even commenced

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm not your basketball encyclopaedia go look it up yourself on basketballreference.com

He wasn't 2001 Shaq but he looked more like the best C in the league than Dwight's bum ass did that's for sure.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say Dwight's stats were better than Dumcan's that series. I didn't watch a single second of any game though.I just think it's tough to actually play good on a team where there's no players that compliment your game against a team that is clicking on all cylinders.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 02:10 PM

Wrong. Dwight outplayed Duncan, even with a shorthanded Lakers team.

Dwight - 17 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg
Duncan - 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 1 bpg

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:15 PM

That's $30 mil worth of players that Dwight was missing due to Kobe sitting out. You can't just point and say, "Look, Dwight didn't do well"..... without taking into context, that Dwight was playing on a Lakers team with a $30 million dollar hole on the roster.

$30 mil could afford a LOT of talent around Dwight. Would the Spurs have been able to key in on Dwight so easily, if Dwight had $30 million worth of players surrounding him? Lethal 3pt shooters to space the floor, maybe another All-Star on the court with him also?

Kobe brought the Lakers a decade of winning basketball and 5 titles, hes a Laker god, and you're talking about whether the Lakers are getting their moneys worth for Kobe Bryant?? If Dwight had a problem with how much Kobe was getting paid he shouldn't have agreed to the trade in the first place.

What has Dwight ever done for the Lakers except be a cancer and get them swept in the first round. He was a ****ing walking liability for $20m, Laker games were turning into 3 and a half hour circuses due to his laughable free throw shooting. A 34 year old Kobe literally tore his achilles carrying this snickering bum to the playoffs, only for Dwight the clown ass bitch to get swept.

$20M , doesn't buy you much these days

Twiens
12-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Anyone saying Kobe makes his bigs worse hasn't watched much Laker ball over the years, that's literally his greatest strength other than his scoring ability. Dwight simply didn't want to be there, so he pouted and played half-ass until it was time to leave.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:16 PM

Dwight - 17 ppg, 10 rpg

Given out too much rep, but thanks. That's pretty much what I was thinking. The Lakers were losing in every other position I imagine.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Said with zero seconds watched of the series

How many games did Dwight's 3 extra uncontested rebounds, 5 extra missed free throws and countless awkward turnovers win them.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Anyone saying Kobe makes his bigs worse hasn't watched much Laker ball over the years, that's literally his greatest strength other than his scoring ability. Dwight simply didn't want to be there, so he pouted and played half-ass until it was time to leave.

These two guys are talking about something else. So do you think we were right or wrong about Dwight though?

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Said with zero seconds watched of the series

How many games did Dwight's 3 extra uncontested rebounds, 5 extra missed free throws and countless awkward turnovers win them.

No that was me bud lol. Even then though it kinda sounds like you're saying Dwight Howard lost that series all by himself. Were there any close games or something like that? I would think he was the only starter that did good against his matchup.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 02:20 PM

Funny, because all 3 All-Star bigs have openly complained about Kobe.

Shaq, Gasol, and now Dwight. All of them.

Shaq straight up hated Kobe, and when Kobe started fighting with Phil Jackson, Shaq got even more upset. Kobe is uncoachable, and Shaq openly criticized him for not playing inside out correctly, and wanting to ball hog on the perimeter at the expense of the team.

Gasol is on record many times complaining about Kobe's ball hogging and lack of team play, and how Kobe doesn't allow him to play correctly down in the post.

And we all know about Dwight.

That's a long list of people. Kobe's the common thread. And on top of all of this, my eyes don't lie to me. I know what I see. And my eyes confirm what they complain about, and what everyone already knew. Kobe only cares about Kobe, and he's always been and always will be, a ball hogging volume shooter chucker.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:24 PM
These two guys are talking about something else. So do you think we were right or wrong about Dwight though?

Back on topic, you're right for now. Dwight is looking clearly more healthy this season, in a much more familiar offensive system to him being surrounded by young athletic 3 point shooters. Last season's Lakers team did not fit Dwight, the spacing was terrible with Dwight, Gasol and Kobe all wanting to be in the post and no athleticism other than a recovering Dwight, it was the worst possible circumstance for Dwight to be in given he was recovering himself.

What I question is Dwight's mentality, he clearly wilts when the pressure is on and the going gets tough. We will see how this unfolds in the playoffs

Dictator
12-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Duncan averaged 10 rpg against the lakers.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Duncan averaged 10 rpg against the lakers.

That's not what basketball reference says.

Duncan did 7.5

Dictator
12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Duncan did 7.5

nba.com says 10rpg

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2013/westseries2/#$/playoffs/2013/westseries2/index.html

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
No that was me bud lol. Even then though it kinda sounds like you're saying Dwight Howard lost that series all by himself. Were there any close games or something like that? I would think he was the only starter that did good against his matchup.

No doubt 3liftHeat watched zero seconds of that series either, only he doesn't have the balls and integrity to admit it straight up like you.

I'm not saying Dwight lost that series, last season's Lakers was a mess, you can blame the coaching, the injuries, the bad fit of the roster before you can blame any individual for the way it ended up. But it's clear Dwight was mentally checked out as soon as the series started, he mailed that series in and topped it off by getting himself tossed in game 4. With Kobe down, there was his chance to step up as leader and make his mark, like the great ones would do. A true competitor would have at least gone down fighting, not hiding like Dwight did.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Duncan did 7.5

WHO GIVES A ****

Lakers got swept, Dwight mailed it in like a bitch, No leadership no heart.

Nick Young
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

He was fed the ball in pick and rolls from Nash, one of the best PnR guards ever, and Kobe, who Shaq said was the best player in terms of getting him the ball in the post. Dwight was given iso postups and PnRs. Teams took away the easy lob from Dwight, which was D12s bread and butter in Orlando.

He got the most post touches in the league, and averaged well below the league average in terms of points per possession in the low post.

Dwight got his touches. Nash and Mamba fed him all day. Dwight just turned it over most of the time or got hacked and missed 1/2 free throws.

Even so, he had the most touches of any big in the league. Why the hell should he touch it more? Is he a better scoring option down low then Pau Gasol? Hell no. He touched the ball too much. It was only after the all star break when Nash and Kobe STOPPED feeding Dwight the ball that Lakers started winning games and sneaked into the playoffs barely.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:35 PM
No doubt 3liftHeat watched zero seconds of that series either, only he doesn't have the balls and integrity to admit it straight up like you.

I'm not saying Dwight lost that series, last season's Lakers was a mess, you can blame the coaching, the injuries, the bad fit of the roster before you can blame any individual for the way it ended up. But it's clear Dwight was mentally checked out as soon as the series started, he mailed that series in and topped it off by getting himself tossed in game 4. With Kobe down, there was his chance to step up as leader and make his mark, like the great ones would do. A true competitor would have at least gone down fighting, not hiding like Dwight did.

I would agree with you 100% if I felt like he actually wanted to be there. He checked out I thought when they talked shit about him and his injuries.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:37 PM
WHO GIVES A ****

It just means that he didn't actually get outplayed like you implied. They were outmatched. No amount of leadership would help them win that series. Hell they even were outcoached.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-23-2013, 02:42 PM
WHO GIVES A ****

If you're going to start throwing rocks around with labels like "mailed it in" and "no heart", then look no further than Kobe Bryant, Lakers-Suns 2006 game 7.

A series the Lakers could have actually won.

Unlike Dwight being handicapped with an old roster and missing players.

KobesFinger
12-23-2013, 02:44 PM
That what you guys received last season was a less than fully recovered from back surgery and not in game shape Dwight Howard?

I don't think any Laker fans are disputing the fact that while Dwight was in LA his back wasn't 100%.

Have you seen his recent play here with the Rockets? Do you feel like he's the same player or have you come to terms with him actually being healthy AND playing with more effort?

Only Rockets game I've seen this season is against the Lakers. But the bolded, if true, is proof of his lack of professionalism. He was in a situation he didn't like so he didn't give maximum effort. That, in addition to his soundbites are why most of us don't like him and are glad he's gone

I'll admit, he's still not Orlando Dwight, but he looks a looooooot better than he did last season. I'm not looking at his numbers per say, but how he plays on the court. His movements and things like that.

He'll never be the same. This isn't Marc Gasol or another C who relies on skills. Without his athleticism the only thing he'll still do at around the same level is rebound. I can't knock his rebounding, but he won't be able to out muscle, out jump or use his quickness as effectively on either end of the court.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
If you're going to start throwing rocks around with labels like "mailed it in" and "no heart", then look no further than Kobe Bryant, Lakers-Suns 2006 game 7.

Kobe made it to game 7 with an overmatched team, Dwight got swept with an overmatched team. Who's lacking the heart?

That's before getting into 5 rings vs 0, 30000 points, played a quarter with a broken bone in his knee etc......

This is my last post to you, we aren't on the same wavelength as basketball fans and arguing with you brings me no joy.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
I would agree with you 100% if I felt like he actually wanted to be there. He checked out I thought when they talked shit about him and his injuries.

It was a bad fit all round, I think everyone figured that out midway through the season. Dwight probably felt hurt because he came back ahead of schedule from his major back surgery yet instead of getting love from the Laker fans, he became the scapegoat. He should have been thick skinned and self aware enough to get through it, nobody with any sense would expect the Laker fans to embrace him ahead of Kobe and Pau who brought titles to the franchise, but then everyone knows Dwight's self awareness isn't his biggest strength. He was in a no win situation, the media and general fanbase still hated him after the Dwightmare trade saga, the Laker fans didn't warm to him due to unfair comparisons with Shaq and all the reasons I just mentioned.

By the end of the season, he was on his way out and he knew it, and he played like it. He's a better player than what he showed, but the way he handled his exit was disappointing for such a talented player. It was the way Carmelo or Vince Carter would handle things, not Kobe or MJ.

gyu
12-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Kobe made it to game 7 with an overmatched team, Dwight got swept with an overmatched team. Who's lacking the heart?

That's before getting into 5 rings vs 0, 30000 points, played a quarter with a broken bone in his knee etc......

This is my last post to you, we aren't on the same wavelength as basketball fans and arguing with you brings me no joy.
Kobe got swept by the Mavs in 2011. Where was the heart?

BlackVVaves
12-23-2013, 03:01 PM

You can't use Bynum as an example, because it doesn't fit my agenda.

Fixed.

clutchinho
12-23-2013, 03:03 PM

5 hearts for the titles minus 1 heart for the sweep plus one heart for tearing achilles to make playoffs = 5 hearts > Dwight Howards negative 1 heart for the sweep

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Eww burn 33 year old Kobe coming off 3 finals apperances gets swepted in the second round.

Prime Dwight coming off bitching about wanting to be more involved in the offense becomes the number 1 option and gets blown out by double digits each game of the first round.

17 & 10 as the first option while getting massacred worse than 50 cents 2nd album is pretty good

Twiens
12-23-2013, 03:34 PM
In what way? Does he look much healthier this year...definitely. He seems to be embracing doing the dirty work for Houston, which he wasn't willing to do in LA.

chazzy
12-23-2013, 03:42 PM
People still getting trolled by YGS and 3liftheatcurse

MVBallin2K
12-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Dwight's season last year was due to health and simply not seeming to enjoy being on the team much. When he first arrived, it seemed like he was overwhelmed at the support but once that faded out, it seemed like he just didn't enjoy being on the team. Not because Kobe is a cancer and forced him out, because the two just have different personalities. Chemistry is important and if you're two different people, you have to make an effort to make it work. They tried at various points, it just didn't work.

Kobe didn't hamper Dwight, people already pointed out actual proof of this. There were games where Kobe scored less and had near triple doubles, letting Dwight take control. They just didn't get along and Dwight is in a place now where he's happy and wants to be there. That combined with some time off to heal means he's obviously better than he was last year. Heck, Kobe seems to be in a better place than he was last year with a team that's simply built on chemistry. The time for pointing fingers needs to come to a close and everyone just needs to accept that both Kobe (obviously outside of injuries) and Dwight are happy with their team situations now.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 04:15 PM
When Rockets fans and Kobe haters admit that Dwight is a chemistry killing malcontent that purposely sabotaged his season with the Lakers, then Lakers fan might have something to admit.

Bandito
12-23-2013, 04:18 PM

2011 Finals

Never forget.

:coleman:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Repped. Great post.

I want to add - if Jerry Buss was still alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with Dwight. Jerry loved Shaq, but Jerry used his brain in 2004. Kobe was the young star, and Shaq was old and on decline. So he sided with Kobe.

If Jerry was alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with the young star, Dwight, who would have been the future of the Lakers. Then build around him.

Jerry would never have allowed his team to sacrifice championships and give away the best C in the game, for a 36 year old injured Kobe.
if jerry was still alive and healthy, things would have turned out very differently.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Hasn't every single starting Center or PF that has played with Kobe complained about his shot quality and attempts. I don't think Kobe hampered Dwight last season as much as it was Dwight's back and just the team. I will agree with Bynum though when he said playing with Kobe hampered his career. If he had been healthy this season he would've been balling out of this world. Second best center in the NBA for sure.
injuries hampered bynum's career. when the fck has bynum ever been healthy enough to be the focal point of the offense? bynum won 2 championships with the lakers, how the hell did kobe hamper his career? minus kobe, this dude would have zero championships.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-23-2013, 05:31 PM
who gives a sht. dwight got what he wanted and got swept. :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
It's easy to key in on 1 player in the playoffs, when they have nothing surrounding them. Look at Barry Sanders in the playoffs. All teams had to do was stack the line and take away the running game. The Lions couldn't throw very well. Does Barry suck?

In the same way, Dwight was missing players.

without kobe, they were still over the cap. try again clown.

G-Funk
12-23-2013, 05:40 PM
It was never about him being healthy, he just didn't want to be there.

SavageMode
12-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Dwight is beasting in Houston. Kobe should've given Dwight more touches.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 05:59 PM

You prove once again you're a absolute moron

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:02 PM

perhaps the lowest iq you'll find from a guy thats able turn on a computer

Bandito
12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
His mom turn it on for him though:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:04 PM
His mom turn it on for him though:roll:

:oldlol: damn right

SavageMode
12-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Dwight averaging: 18.3/13.2/1.8 in Houston (Only 1/3 of season)

Dwight with Lakers: 17.1/12.4/1.4 in LA

Next.

Maybe if Kobe didn't Koclonk all his Kobricks, they would've at least won 1 playoff game and not Kochoked. Lucky refs gifted Lakers a playoff seed to damage control the embarrassment of a season by Koclonk.

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Next.

somedy needs to cut this dudes ISP cable asap, i feel dumber just by scrolling through his posts

Bandito
12-23-2013, 06:11 PM

Next.

Maybe if Kobe didn't Koclonk all his Kobricks, they would've at least won 1 playoff game and not Kochoked. Lucky refs gifted Lakers a playoff seed to damage control the embarrassment of a season by Koclonk.
Write in English.

Coming from the not native english speaker....:rolleyes:

KobesFinger
12-23-2013, 06:12 PM

Next.

Maybe if Kobe played, your argument would be valid

BallsOut
12-23-2013, 06:12 PM

It's pretty obvious that the sample size should come into play. A player's numbers will almost always decrease as the season goes on. It's a 82 game season. We're barely 27 games in. :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Dwight was really good in the second half of last season. I think the Lakers won at a 58 win pace to end the year.

SavageMode
12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
It's pretty obvious that the sample size should come into play. A player's numbers will almost always decrease as the season goes on. It's a 82 game season. We're barely 27 games in. :confusedshrug:
If you watch Houston games, you can see a huge difference in the play of Dwight. Getting ISO's, posting up and not just being a rebounder/kick-out center. Something stats don't show in the Houston Dwight.

wakencdukest
12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Rocket fans were partially right and so were us Laker fans. He was still capable of playing good ball, so you were right about that. And that's it. Us Laker fans were right about his shitty attitude, lack of effort, and lack of basketball IQ. He didn't want to be in LA in the first place, but he didn't show any kind of effort fitting in with the team. He wouldn't take advice, wouldn't accept help from Kareem, absolutely could not take any criticism. He basically ran himself out of town with no one else to blame. So yes, houston fans, you were right in that he still has potential to be a great player.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Not in Savagemode's tiny little pea brain. He thinks 27 games of full healthy Dwight playing marginally better is proof that recovering from back surgery Dwight playing 82 games needed more post touches.

kobeef24
12-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Dwight wasn't 100% last year but that wasn't the whole reason he didn't play well. There were times you could tell he wasn't putting in a lot of effort, and he just never felt loved in LA. Dwight wants to be idolized by his fans, but Kobe was just stealing the spotlight. He's playing a lot better this year, and I'm happy for him. Always wished we would be able to retain him in the off season. Despite his play though, I don't see them getting past the 2nd round in the playoffs. Good to see him return to some semblance of his old self though.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 08:01 PM
injuries hampered bynum's career. when the fck has bynum ever been healthy enough to be the focal point of the offense? bynum won 2 championships with the lakers, how the hell did kobe hamper his career? minus kobe, this dude would have zero championships.

His breakout season. The one he was actually healthy in. Don't play dumb. I didn't blame it all on Kobe. I'm saying that i feel playing with Kobe hampered his career and his development though. Just my opinion of course. You're talking about championships, but those are team accomplishments.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Man I'm reading through some of these responses and people's agedas are fugging up my thread. This is not a let's bash Kobe, Dwight, Lakers or Rockets thread. If anybody is to be bashed, it's the Lakers front office. Other than that just answer the god damn question.

PickernRoller
12-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Nowhere to be found for the past few months coming out of his cave. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Fact is, even in this weak @ss era he won't win a ring anytime soon. I like Dwight and all, but.... he's challenged.

YouGotServed
12-23-2013, 08:19 PM
lol

One team is a title contender heading towards 54+ wins and the other one is a mediocre team having a hard time staying at .500

I think is pretty obvious who was right and who was wrong. The facts speak for themselves.

BlackVVaves
12-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Man I'm reading through some of these responses and people's agedas are fugging up my thread. This is not a let's bash Kobe, Dwight, Lakers or Rockets thread. If anybody is to be bashed, it's the Lakers front office. Other than that just answer the god damn question.

Reading through this shit almost made my eyes bleed.

Mr Exlax
12-24-2013, 12:27 AM
to be found for the past few months coming out of his cave. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Fact is, even in this weak @ss era he won't win a ring anytime soon. I like Dwight and all, but.... he's challenged.[/QUOTE]

I don't exactly understand what you mean on the first part.
The second part is not really answering my question.