PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets asked the Nets to do a Asik and Lin for Deron trade.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/report-rockets-wanted-deron-williams-for-omer-asik-jeremy-lin/

There's the link. Billy hasn't lost all of his marbles to ever do a trade like this.

CelticBaller
12-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Billy King trying to keep his job :lol

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Would that even be bad for Brooklyn?

Not like they were going anywhere anyways and Asik & Lin are young with some trade value

waseem780
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
what about harden for deron and fillers and picks

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Would that even be bad for Brooklyn?

Not like they were going anywhere anyways and Asik & Lin are young with some trade value
Wait, what? If your going to get rid of Deron you only get one thing in return, draft picks. We don't need another forward and we don't need a lesser point guard poised to make $15 million next season. The Rockets were just doing their "due diligence" and they knew this was a long shot. It was just a friendly offer.

hawkfan
12-23-2013, 01:57 PM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/report-rockets-wanted-deron-williams-for-omer-asik-jeremy-lin/

There's the link. Billy hasn't lost all of his marbles to ever do a trade like this.

Lin and Asik both expire next year. Pierce expires this year, and then Garnett expires next year as well.

So if they were to do that trade, the Nets would be under the cap in the summer of 2015, with Joe Johnson's deal as an expirer.

So cap-wise, that would be a good deal for the Nets. But that's also if the Nets want to go into rebuild mode.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 01:58 PM
:lol Morey always trying to hustle guys.

Mr Exlax
12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
If Dwill were to get injured today, I wonder how many people would say Billy King is an idiot for not doing this trade and then go on and on about Dwill's injury prone career. I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Nets though.

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Wait, what? If your going to get rid of Deron you only get one thing in return, draft picks. We don't need another forward and we don't need a lesser point guard poised to make $15 million next season. The Rockets were just doing their "due diligence" and they knew this was a long shot. It was just a friendly offer.

Asik isn't a forward he's a center and would be a good fit now especially with Lopez out.

Deron isn't taking you anywhere, no team is going to trade only draft picks and eat his full salary in return. Might as well trade his overrated ass for a young PG on a short contract, who cares how much he makes its not like you were going to be players in free agency next year

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Lin and Asik both expire next year. Pierce expires this year, and then Garnett expires next year as well.

So if they were to do that trade, the Nets would be under the cap in the summer of 2015, with Joe Johnson's deal as an expirer.

So cap-wise, that would be a good deal for the Nets. But that's also if the Nets want to go into rebuild mode.

You can't go into rebuild mode without any picks. Otherwise, what would you be building through? The Nets have zero picks for the next five years. If they were to get rid of Deron Williams it would have to be at the expense of at least a top 10 pick. Plus, Mikhail Prokhorov will not blow this team up just because Brook went down. People, not you, are overreacting. We have a roster composed of Deron, Joe, Paul, Garnett and other good role players. We're not doomed to the point where blowing the roster up is a viable option.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Since Deron Williams has returned from injury (6 games), he is averaging 18 points per game, 10 assists per game on 51% field goal shooting and 40% three point shooting. He has carried the Nets offense to third overall in the league during that span. It's safe to say that a healthy Deron is a top five point guard in the league. If he was better defensively it would be top three but his defense sucks ass. The problem is that he hasn't remained healthy for us. But these stats are not to be overlooked.

Mass Debator
12-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Nets would do it if they do a Parsons and Pierce swap as well.

wang4three
12-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I'd do it if they take Garnett, Pierce, and Terry with him and we get no long-term contracts and maybe a pick.

niko
12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
What would be the purpose of getting Asik and Lin? It's a halfway move, it's not really a good rebuilding move, and it's not a good win now move. It's more a running in place move, hoping Lin brings in Chinese fans, hope it distracts everyone for a year. I wouldn't do it. Lin hasn't played well enough in Houston (plus he keeps getting hurt) to be the starting PG for the Nets, and Asik you need to pay up big in a year to keep.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
It wasn't discussed the Rockets mentioned it and the Nets scoffed at the idea.

imdaman99
12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Deron Williams is a career loser without Jerry Sloan. Last year was an aberration. Get used to it, as I have with Melo being the same. Although Melo is a career get his team to the 1st round guy.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Deron Williams is a career loser without Jerry Sloan. Last year was an aberration. Get used to it, as I have with Melo being the same. Although Melo is a career get his team to the 1st round guy.

How was last year an aberration. Please explain your (lack of) logic to me.

imnew09
12-23-2013, 02:52 PM
This is a win win situation for both team. Do it to make the league more interesting!

Micku
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Hmm....it would be more worth it for the Nets if they had some picks in the deal. Since Lopez is out, the deal may look better. I don't know how well Asik would fit and Lin is still unproven as a starter and got injured again.

Like somebody said, Morey is trying to hustle guys. lol. But then again, something tell me that Deron won't fit in Houston well.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Carmelo is a career loser, period. This is why most Knicks fans are idiots. If your going to come into this thread, post constructively and don't try to stir a Deron vs. Carmelo debate for no apparent reason. Both players have been career losers, with Carmelo being a loser 10x more than Deron. Is that the low point some Knicks fans have stooped to? Which player is more of a loser? Carmelo or Deron?:facepalm

As it pertains to the topic, The Nets need to take the next 10 games and do a self-evaluation. If they cannot show any positive signs of competing, we need to trade Paul and Kevin before the trade deadline and get them off our books. Also, try and trade Brook too. Wow, who would've thought this is where the Nets would be. People had them as championship contenders and now those same people are talking about disassembling the team. What a complete turn of events. It makes me sad.:(

imdaman99
12-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I had them as championship contenders and now I am talking about disassembling the team. What a complete turn of events. It makes me sad.:(
Fixed.

It's A VC3!!!
12-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Fixed.

Many people had the Nets are one of the best five teams in the league prior to the season. I believe it was Marc Stein that had them at number three in the NBA overall. Vegas odds at 8th overall. CBS sports at 8th overall too. U just mad that people had the knicks towards the bottom of every list, and rightfully so.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Hmm....it would be more worth it for the Nets if they had some picks in the deal. Since Lopez is out, the deal may look better. I don't know how well Asik would fit and Lin is still unproven as a starter and got injured again.

Like somebody said, Morey is trying to hustle guys. lol. But then again, something tell me that Deron won't fit in Houston well.

Deron would be an awesome fit in Houston. Think about it, Harden, Deron, Parsons and Dwight. That team would be impossible to guard. The team wouldn't have to rely on Harden's flopping ability to generate offense in the playoffs.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Deron would be an awesome fit in Houston. Think about it, Harden, Deron, Parsons and Dwight. That team would be impossible to guard. The team wouldn't have to rely on Harden's flopping ability to generate offense in the playoffs.

Parsons would have to go to the Nets or 2 picks. What people don't realize is that this wasn't actually discussed it was offered by the Rockets and the Nets laughed.

longtime lurker
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Parsons would have to go to the Nets or 2 picks. What people don't realize is that this wasn't actually discussed it was offered by the Rockets and the Nets laughed.

I know the offer is ridiculously laughable. I'm just spit balling as far as the possibilities if it actually happened.

niko
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
People should realize it, the trade is better for the Rockets. They are trying to salary dump LIn. I think people think Lin has huge trade value, he doesn't because of the cash outlay next year.

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 04:54 PM
People should realize it, the trade is better for the Rockets. They are trying to salary dump LIn. I think people think Lin has huge trade value, he doesn't because of the cash outlay next year.

Even Asik has some negative value considering his contract and the fact that this is the second team where he caused problems in the locker room because he wanted more minutes. This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen for the Nets. I'm glad Billy answered with a quick no. I wonder how many bridges the Rockets GM has burned and how many people he's pissed off with his ridiculous demands during this Asik debacle.

niko
12-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Even Asik has some negative value considering his contract and the fact that this is the second team where he caused problems in the locker room because he wanted more minutes. This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen for the Nets. I'm glad Billy answered with a quick no. I wonder how many bridges the Rockets GM has burned and how many people he's pissed off with his ridiculous demands during this Asik debacle.
That and he tweets when he takes free agents to tweak the other teams, etc. I can imagine that being true, you read my mind.

buddha
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
could you imagine the defense of Deron Williams and James Harden, LOL.

hawkfan
12-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Deron Williams is a terrible GM.
He put pressure on Billy King to get him veteran talent.
If the Nets hadn't traded away that pick, they could have drafted Andre Drummond.

Oops.

veilside23
12-23-2013, 09:57 PM
it would be a better deal if it was asik beverly jones and picks for dwill+ fries.

Duderonomy
12-23-2013, 10:16 PM
If the Nets hadn't traded away that pick, they could have drafted Andre Drummond.

Oops.
You mean you would rather have a promising young big man at 4y/10mil than signing for Wallace for 10mil a season and having to trade future draft picks to unload the contract then in return taking back aging vets? :biggums:

InfiniteBaskets
12-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Hmmm...

Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin

:D

ronnymac
12-24-2013, 11:53 PM
what about harden for deron and fillers and picks
Why would Morey even contemplate such a onesided and dowright stupid trade?

longtime lurker
12-24-2013, 11:58 PM

Oops.

Deron Williams didn't force the Nets to go out and make stupid trades. Get me veteran talent doesn't mean get me past their prime, overpaid talent and give up the farm for them.

Yankstar
12-25-2013, 12:43 AM
If Dwill were to get injured today, I wonder how many people would say Billy King is an idiot for not doing this trade and then go on and on about Dwill's injury prone career. I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Nets though.

:bowdown:

Now say Kobe wins MVP. Make it so :rockon:

bluechox2
12-25-2013, 12:54 AM
if they do any trade for deron, i would think kg and terry would be there for the tag along, but i dont think the nets are on that road yet...they would be better served to trade pierce and kg to some borderline contender for picks and/or young assets
but that proposed deal is terrible
there are other teams that would offer far more for deron