PDA

View Full Version : How would this team do in Euroleague?

Black and White
12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Cherrypicking off of Mr. Jabbars arguement but taking a different spin on it, put together a team of young guys, how would this team do?

PG Trey Burke
SG Ben McLemore
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Anthony Davis
C Andre Drummond

The JKidd Kid
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
The Euroleague hasn't seen anything like Drummond, heck they haven't seen anything like Davis either. They would probably win every game be 40 or 50.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Mclemore could probably play center on most Euroleague teams. That just isn't fair.

Uncle Drew
12-23-2013, 05:36 PM
The two bigs are among the best in the NBA, let alone in the Euroleague...

HomieWeMajor
12-23-2013, 05:44 PM
They dominate like the 60s Celtics until the racists chase them out for stealing their white women.

CelticBaller
12-23-2013, 05:45 PM
More monumental statues will be needed

Black and White
12-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Ok, I will give you a different team then, what about this one:

PG Michael Carter-Williams
SG Lance Stephenson
SF Shabazz Muhammad
PF Jared Sullinger
C Kelly Olynyk

Dat Celtic flavour :rockon:

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2013, 05:58 PM
20-peat

Sakkreth
12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Not enough experience, second group stage or quarter finals exit.

Black and White
12-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Which of the teams are you talking about?

Bandito
12-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Cherrypicking off of Mr. Jabbars arguement but taking a different spin on it, put together a team of young guys, how would this team do?

PG Trey Burke
SG Ben McLemore
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Anthony Davis
C Andre Drummond
They are too green to win it this year and maybe the next. But after that they are forever peating

fandarko
12-23-2013, 06:34 PM

What are you smoking?

They would struggle to win a game.

This is not NBA basketball, it's a different game, COMPLETELY.

Put down the crack pipe.

Drummond would be far less effective in that kind of setting.

Burke would be just another undersized guard.

Etc, etc.

Ignorance.

Nash
12-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Just so ya'll understand what they are dealing with over there, Nenad Krstic and Childress are two of the best players over there and Kirilenko was the MVP. All of those guys would crush the whole Euroleague.

CavaliersFTW
12-23-2013, 06:41 PM
You guys are really tickling the tail of a dragon. I hope you all preppared for the sh*tstorm EL (poster) is about to bring upon you, once he sees this he's gonna have the fury of an angry God :oldlol:

Sakkreth
12-23-2013, 06:44 PM
You guys are really tickling the tail of a dragon. I hope you all preppared for the sh*tstorm EL (poster) is about to bring upon you, once he sees this he's gonna have the fury of an angry God :oldlol:

Well that's probably what Jabbar wanted when was creating the other thread, this thread appeared mainly because of that first one.

Jon_Koncak
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
For starters a 5 player team wouldnt go very far i'm afraid.What would they do if one of them got injured?Forfeit the game?Otoh it goes without saying that Anthony Davis would be by far the best player of the competition

alenleomessi
12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
burke 30/3/3
stephenson 20/10/10
ante 10/5/5/5/5
davis 30/15/5/10
drummond 25/20/3/5

win all games, get 5 statues

fandarko
12-24-2013, 03:01 AM
burke 30/3/3
stephenson 20/10/10
ante 10/5/5/5/5
davis 30/15/5/10
drummond 25/20/3/5

win all games, get 5 statues

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Burke would be invisible, there are tons of undersized US guards like him here. The big men would do fine, but no chance in hell anyone of them averages more than 15 in the Euroleague.
The difference in rules would cripple their game automatically.
Probably wouldn't win a single game, but it depends on their supporting cast.
You're confusing talent with effectiveness.
The only one of this bunch that would have no problem adjusting in my view is Davis, followed by Burke.
But that doesn't mean dominance, no chance in hell for that.
This from someone that has been watching the Euroleague and the NBA for the last 30+ years and who prefers the NBA over European ball.

Djax12
12-24-2013, 03:33 AM
They need a good consistent spot up shooter against zone defense, which they will see a lot with their current line up.

It makes me wonder, what kind of player would Glen Rice and Ray Allen be in euroleague ...

kkb_12
12-24-2013, 03:44 AM
Success of such team would entirely depend on the coach. With good coach it would take 1-2 years to gell together and adjust to get to the top, but once there, they would potentially rule Euroleague for next 4-5 years. With average coach, this would be just another EL team - Top 16 for 3-4 years, one final four...

fandarko
12-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Success of such team would entirely depend on the coach. With good coach it would take 1-2 years to gell together and adjust to get to the top, but once there, they would potentially rule Euroleague for next 4-5 years. With average coach, this would be just another EL team - Top 16 for 3-4 years, one final four...

You are overestimating them.

You need a ten-player rotation

The current most efficient player in the Euroleague, Houston-drafted Nikola Mirotic, is playing an average of 24 minutes per game, averaging 15 points.

The top scorer is Bojan Bogdanovic with 18 points in 31 minutes.

Spanoulis, a classical example of a "his-game-is-more-suited-for-European-ball" player is averaging 16 points in 27 minutes.

The top point guard in the competition, CSKA's Milos Teodosic, who torched the Wolves with 29 points last summer, is averaging 7 points and 5 assists in 24 minutes.

You're talking about a 6-5 guy who's way better than Rubio in offense and as equally good a passer (and flashy). He can score 30 or 5, depending on his team's needs. That goes more or less for all major teams.

Numbers don't mean much in Euroleague ball. Rotations are deep, it's difficult to distinguish oneself statistically, team ball is king. The pace is slower. Everything is different. Crowded paints, tougher defenses, more physical play, no hand checking, zone defense, more double teams, athleticism plays a less important role.

A guy like Durant or Kevin Love would be equally effective here, because they can shoot. Guys like Derrick Rose, Westbrook or Wade would be great, but less effective, no way they could drive and finish like in the NBA. It's the rules. Dwight would be far less effective, Griffin or Drummond too. Dirk would be a beast (shooting). Harden would be more effective than Wade (less breaks, less transition, more shooting) though he's not the better player.

Oh, and people are mentionning Nenad Krstic as the top center in the Euroleague.

He's actually averaging 6 points and 3 rebounds in 13 minutes per game, after having a great European championship last summer.

nzhoops_jas
12-24-2013, 04:27 AM
How is there even a discussion, this team would dismantle Euroleague.

East_Stone_Ya
12-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Mclemore could probably play center on most Euroleague teams. That just isn't fair.

oh c'mon on now :oldlol:

cos88
12-24-2013, 06:40 AM
group exit. struggle to score. not enough rebounding and defense.

fandarko
12-24-2013, 01:03 PM

ditto

CelticBaller
12-24-2013, 01:04 PM
and thats why Anthony Parker was the MVP :oldlol: :facepalm

Miller for 3
12-24-2013, 01:15 PM
and thats why Anthony Parker was the MVP :oldlol: :facepalm

:facepalm

Parker was arguably not even top 3 on his own team. He won MVP because his team was amazing and he played a likeable fan friendly style of play. Teams in in Europe. a team of chuckign me first ISO heavy NBA players with no defense would struggle to make top 16.

Bodhi
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Parker was arguably not even top 3 on his own team. He won MVP because his team was amazing and he played a likeable fan friendly style of play. Teams in in Europe. a team of chuckign me first ISO heavy NBA players with no defense would struggle to make top 16.
Then why did they build a statue of him?

I don't see the Bulls building Luc Longley a statue

CelticBaller
12-24-2013, 01:22 PM

:crazysam:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GaxYT56Bpb8/T1R4dERJYRI/AAAAAAAADMQ/4dBb6RDj6Jc/s800/AP%2520statue.jpg

Jon_Koncak
12-24-2013, 03:26 PM

That's bullshit and you know it.

grantz
12-24-2013, 03:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international _teams

NBA teams have a 96-14 record against the Euroleague. :lol

The Euroleague be skilled doe. But let's be real though. The McDonald's All American basketball team would probably beat the best in the Euroleague.

CavaliersFTW
12-24-2013, 03:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international _teams

NBA teams have a 96-14 record against the Euroleague. :lol

The Euroleague be skilled doe. But let's be real though. The McDonald's All American basketball team would probably beat the best in the Euroleague.
Euroleague champions (the best of EL) are only about as good as a middle of the road NCAA team at best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK10JzbWcAA

Former EL players readily confess the gap in athleticism: http://youtu.be/IxG-8jjDq9Q?t=1m52s

So these Euroleague NBA comparisons that come up periodically are not even up for debate really, Euroleague is vastly inferior.

Rooster
12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Group wins the Euroleague easily.

Minor leaguers will look like sacrificial lambs against those studs

Anthony Parker was the GOAT over there.

Bobby Brown broke the scoring record:oldlol:

And the tandem of has beens like Kirilenko and krstic:facepalm

Dominated that minor league.

I also forgot Childress and Kleiza.

KyleKong
12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Drummond and Davis alone could win what ever the f*ck is the FIBA title.

tommy3
12-24-2013, 06:29 PM
To most of the posters here: Has it occurred to you that you know nothing about the Euroleague since you haven't watched more than 5 games?

Euroleague
12-24-2013, 09:36 PM
That's bullshit and you know it.

He was maybe the 2nd best on his team. It's arguable that Vujcic was better than him.

But no way in freaking hell was he EVER as good as Jasikevicius and anyone that says otherwise is a mega colossal troll.

And yet this entire forum claims he was Euroleague GOAT, when he was not even the best player on his own team. He was no better than 2nd on his own team, and that's debatable even.

Euroleague
12-24-2013, 09:37 PM
To most of the posters here: Has it occurred to you that you know nothing about the Euroleague since you haven't watched more than 5 games?

They have never seen ANY games.

Euroleague
12-24-2013, 09:38 PM

PG Trey Burke
SG Ben McLemore
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Anthony Davis
C Andre Drummond

Is this the same Antetokounmpo that played in the 2nd DIVISION of Greece last year and was a ROLE PLAYER on his team?

CavaliersFTW
12-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Is this the same Antetokounmpo that played in the 2nd DIVISION of Greece last year and was a ROLE PLAYER on his team?
You hyped the **** out of that guy like he was the 2nd coming of Christ when he was in Europe, now that he's in the NBA you want us all to believe you think he's a scrub :oldlol:

moe94
12-24-2013, 09:42 PM
You hyped the **** out of that guy like he was the 2nd coming of Christ when he was in Europe, now that he's in the NBA you want us all to believe you think he's a scrub :oldlol:

For some reason, it's weird seeing you defend the current NBA.:biggums:

CavaliersFTW
12-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh come now, you've seen me do it for the past few years, you don't have to keep up your alt charade around me - I get it - your supposed to be "new" around here :oldlol:

Euroleague
12-24-2013, 09:48 PM

You are a deranged pathological liar.

I have never once said he was anything but a role player in Greece 2nd division.

All I ever said was he was a prospect that should be drafted by the NBA.

You REALLY need to be medicated.

And it is a FACT that he was a role player in the 2nd division of Greece.

You are a psychotic.

Euroleague
12-24-2013, 09:51 PM

It is quite clear that this CavsFTW guy needs to be medicated. He's psychotic, just like gabepizza.

CavaliersFTW
12-24-2013, 10:03 PM
You are a deranged pathological liar.

I have never once said he was anything but a role player in Greece 2nd division.

All I ever said was he was a prospect that should be drafted by the NBA.

You REALLY need to be medicated.

And it is a FACT that he was a role player in the 2nd division of Greece.

You are a psychotic.
You compared him to Scottie Pippen

moe94
12-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh come now, you've seen me do it for the past few years, you don't have to keep up your alt charade around me - I get it - your supposed to be "new" around here :oldlol:

You literally have nothing backing this retarded theory up. :rolleyes:

gabepizza
12-24-2013, 11:09 PM

Yes he was an 18 year old playing against grown men. Spanoulis could only dream of having an NBA career like Antetoounmpo.

Euroleague
12-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Yes he was an 18 year old playing against grown men. Spanoulis could only dream of having an NBA career like Antetoounmpo.

And that 18 year old was a role player in Greece's 2nd division, yet in 7 months time is starting in the NBA.

Maybe I should send Jeff some reading material about gaslighting.........you would be banned forever.

Antetokounmpo (that's how you spell it genius) recently confirmed to Greek media that Spanoulis is his idol also. Proving you also LIED ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU CLAIMED HERE THAT HE SAID IT WAS LEBRON OR DURANT OR WHATEVER.

No, he never even said that. He confirmed again that Spanoulis is his idol. His brother said it was Lebron or whatever that was his idol.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS OF HIS BROTHER AND CLAIMED THAT AS HIS WORDS.

And this is the same player that last year you claimed would never even play in the NBA because you had "never heard of him in US sports media and he was not listed on any draft sites"...........now you are bragging about him being better than any player in Europe, when he was the 4th-5th best player of Greece's under-20 national team this summer.

YOU ARE A SCARY SCARY SCARY psycho.

dr.hee
12-25-2013, 08:57 AM
And that 18 year old was a role player in Greece's 2nd division, yet in 7 months time is starting in the NBA.

Maybe I should send Jeff some reading material about gaslighting.........you would be banned forever.

Antetokounmpo (that's how you spell it genius) recently confirmed to Greek media that Spanoulis is his idol also. Proving you also LIED ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU CLAIMED HERE THAT HE SAID IT WAS LEBRON OR DURANT OR WHATEVER.

No, he never even said that. He confirmed again that Spanoulis is his idol. His brother said it was Lebron or whatever that was his idol.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS OF HIS BROTHER AND CLAIMED THAT AS HIS WORDS.

And this is the same player that last year you claimed would never even play in the NBA because you had "never heard of him in US sports media and he was not listed on any draft sites"...........now you are bragging about him being better than any player in Europe, when he was the 4th-5th best player of Greece's under-20 national team this summer.

YOU ARE A SCARY SCARY SCARY psycho.

Oh look, Christmasbe has something for Euroleague. But what could it be?

http://www.sbrforum.com/Pictures/NBA_Xmas_Maria8.jpg

http://www.leematthewgoldberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/straight-jacket-cotton-webbing.gif

:cheers:

Chicago Ted
12-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Euroleague champions (the best of EL) are only about as good as a middle of the road NCAA team at best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK10JzbWcAA

Former EL players readily confess the gap in athleticism: http://youtu.be/IxG-8jjDq9Q?t=1m52s

So these Euroleague NBA comparisons that come up periodically are not even up for debate really, Euroleague is vastly inferior.

Nobody denies the gap in athleticism. But bball is much more than that.

Clutch
12-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Oh look, Christmasbe has something for Euroleague. But what could it be?

http://www.sbrforum.com/Pictures/NBA_Xmas_Maria8.jpg

http://www.leematthewgoldberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/straight-jacket-cotton-webbing.gif

:cheers:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

CavaliersFTW
12-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Nobody denies the gap in athleticism. But bball is much more than that.
Time out. Educate yourself for a second before you start wasting your time trying to sound intelligent in this, or any other EL discussion in the NBA section of ISH:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316678

Ask yourself: Are insidehoops posters unable to understand basketball, or, are they trolling the notoriously bad poster Euroleague/Ming_76 because of his track record?

Don't interfere. You want to talk real Euroleague basketball there is another section for that, the D-League/International forum. The people who post about Euroleague basketball in the NBA forum are either Euroleague (the horrible poster who doesn't follow the rules) or the people trolling him.