PDA

View Full Version : Lets be real, LBJ will win MVP again over Durant

Hoopz2332
12-24-2013, 03:29 PM
the raw numbers are deceiving because of the gap in minutes played but lebron has clearly been better and his rates back it up

http://i.imgur.com/hyVKXdZ.png

scoring wise..KD takes 3 more shots to get only 3 more points:coleman:

http://i.imgur.com/zbcUyKd.png

Heat have one more L than the Thunder and lebron's surge hasn't come yet...what this tells me is that he's going to add to his trophy case when he puts the debate to rest and squashes Durant when they play

http://i.imgur.com/q9px5r8.jpg

:cheers:

Marchesk
12-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Since when do they hand out the MVP based on PER?

jzek
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Nope.

Media votes and they don't like the same guy winning every year (see: Jordan and LeBron a few years back). Durant or somebody else will win this year and then LeBron will win again for the next 2 or 3 straight years then somebody else again etc.

Has been that way since the 50s. It's very predictable.

inclinerator
12-24-2013, 03:33 PM
he needs to get the wins over thunder and maintain around the same wins

Droid101
12-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Kevin Durant will win unless the Thunder (or him) drop off drastically.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM
If Durant wets the bed against the Heat like he did last in last season, he shouldn't win MVP.

jstern
12-24-2013, 03:42 PM
The OP showed more stats than just PER. Including wins and losses and Durant scoring 3 more points on 3 more shot attempts.

SilkkTheShocker
12-24-2013, 03:46 PM
This is year 3 now of people telling us how LeBron isn't going to win it. :oldlol:

"They are tired of LeBron, it's Durant's award to lose!". Same shit every year. Than LeBron goes into hick town and slaps KD around and he gets the MVP hype.

Nash
12-24-2013, 03:48 PM
The absence of Wade will be a huge factor at the end of the season.

pauk
12-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Not even close to over yet.... but so far i would go with Lebron, its very close still. Before Lebrons last game and Durants last game i had Durant at #1 and Lebron close there at #2.

Illuminati
12-24-2013, 03:54 PM
LeBron will, as usual, turn it up a notch post all-star break and have the MVP on lock by the end of March.

Hoopz2332
12-24-2013, 04:02 PM

I showed more stats than per..I showed you that lebron rebounds better and obviously dishes out more assist. lebron also scores at a higher rate...3 less points on 3 shots

Marchesk
12-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I showed more stats than per..I showed you that lebron rebounds better and obviously dishes out more assist. lebron also scores at a higher rate...3 less points on 3 shots

I see that Durant has 1.2 more rebounds per game, .1 more steals, and three times as many blocks.

0.3 blocks? WTF is that for a 6-8 athletic beast?

Hoopz2332
12-24-2013, 04:12 PM
This is year 3 now of people telling us how LeBron isn't going to win it. :oldlol:

"They are tired of LeBron, it's Durant's award to lose!". Same shit every year. Than LeBron goes into hick town and slaps KD around and he gets the MVP hype.

true story:oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Bron is the best player in the game, Durant has a nice case for MVP though. Voter fatigue for such a dominant player will set in again for voters the same way it did the last time one player single handedly dominated competition yet didn't win the award every season. 2014 for LeBron will be like MJ's: '89, '90, '93, '97 seasons.

fpliii
12-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I think it's LeBron's to lose.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Nope.

Media votes and they don't like the same guy winning every year (see: Jordan and LeBron a few years back). Durant or somebody else will win this year and then LeBron will win again for the next 2 or 3 straight years then somebody else again etc.

Has been that way since the 50s. It's very predictable.
People always say this about MJ and they always use Karl Malone as evidence. Like, yeah. Voters got tired of previously voting for Jordan an entire 1 year in a row. :rolleyes:

Lebron23
12-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Last Year Durant was also leading the MVP race in the month of December. Let see what happens in the 2nd half of the season.

PickernRoller
12-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Weak era at its finest.

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 08:03 PM
People always say this about MJ and they always use Karl Malone as evidence. Like, yeah. Voters got tired of previously voting for Jordan an entire 1 year in a row. :rolleyes:
'89, '90, '93, and '97. Yea, 1 season of a refresher to realize he's still the game's greatest player. It happens. It will happen to LeBron at some point as well. Possibly this year. It wasn't just one season. Mike was the game's best player from '88 until he retired. He doesn't have 9x MVPs does he?

PJR
12-24-2013, 08:08 PM

:oldlol:

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 08:30 PM
'89, '90, '93, and '97. Yea, 1 season of a refresher to realize he's still the game's greatest player. It happens. It will happen to LeBron at some point as well. Possibly this year. It wasn't just one season. Mike was the game's best player from '88 until he retired. He doesn't have 9x MVPs does he?
It already has.

Anyways, I think the NBA is partly to blame for some of the more controversial MVP selections. The media votes for it, but it's the NBAs award. They should be more clear about what the MVP is. Apparently, some media members can't figure it out.

To me, it's simple. It's a "player of the year" award. Plain and simple. Which ever player played the best season, that's the player who should be given the award.

I'm not talking about whoever the best player is. You can be the best player, but somebody might play a better season.

Hoopz2332
12-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I see that Durant has 1.2 more rebounds per game

rebound rate and minutes are in the stats I posted

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 08:50 PM
It already has.
No, it hasn't.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 08:56 PM
No, it hasn't.
:rolleyes:

Fcuking Bulls fans man. :facepalm

longtime lurker
12-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Weak conference at its finest.

Fixed.

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 09:27 PM
:rolleyes:

Fcuking Bulls fans man. :facepalm
LeBron stans

:facepalm

2011 Miami Heat:

Wade: 26 ppg, 5 apg, 6 rpg on 50% FG
LeBron: 27 ppg, 7 apg, 7 rpg on 51% FG

His own teammate produced as well as him. If you're not definitively the best player on your own team, how can you be league MVP? That makes no sense.

NumberSix
12-24-2013, 09:30 PM
LeBron stans

:facepalm

2011 Miami Heat:

Wade: 26 ppg, 5 apg, 6 rpg on 50% FG
LeBron: 27 ppg, 7 apg, 7 rpg on 51% FG

His own teammate produced as well as him. If you're not definitively the best player on your own team, how can you be league MVP? That makes no sense.
How was LeBron not definitively the best player on his own team?

#1 in the NBA in overall win shares.
#1 in the NBA in offensive win shares.
#3 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Dwight and KG.
#1 in the NBA in PER.
#2 in the NBA in PPG.

How much more definitive do you want it to be?

Giving Derrick Rose the 2011 MVP is the equivalent of giving Alex Smith the NFLs MVP this season. Simply because his team is better than expected (mostly because of defense)

Stringer Bell
12-24-2013, 09:45 PM
They might just get tired of giving MVP to him and they'll give it to someone else.

Just like with Jordan.

SamuraiSWISH
12-24-2013, 09:50 PM
How was LeBron not definitively the best player on his own team?

#1 in the NBA in overall win shares.
#1 in the NBA in offensive win shares.
#3 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Dwight and KG.
#1 in the NBA in PER.
#2 in the NBA in PPG.

How much more definitive do you want it to be?

Giving Derrick Rose the 2011 MVP is the equivalent of giving Alex Smith the NFLs MVP this season. Simply because his team is better than expected (mostly because of defense)
You do realize I've never argued Rose being a better player than any of the following: LeBron, Kobe, or Wade ... right? LeBron under performed in 2011 with a stacked roster. He wasn't definitively his team's best player that season. Dirk should've got the award if he stayed healthy. Dwight choked way too much. I understand why context made the award falling into Derrick's hands possible. 2011 is a legitimate season where LeBron didn't deserve the award. I would've given him DPOY that season to be honest.

guy
12-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Ummm there was absolutely nothing wrong with Rose getting MVP over Lebron in 2011 given the history of the award. Rose led his team to more wins with less help and more injuries to key players on his team while still being statistically dominant (unlike Alex Smith with the Chiefs), had a bunch of clutch performances, and was clearly the best player on his team. Lebron was arguably not even better then Wade, was completely horrible in the clutch and his team in general was horrible in the clutch and couldn't close out games even having embarrassing comebacks against them, and fell clearly short of expectations. NOBODY at the time was making a big deal out of Rose getting MVP over Lebron. It wasn't a surprise and was pretty much expected. Completely different then lets say Malone over Jordan in 1997, when many people thought it was a joke that someone who just led his team to tie for the 2nd best record ever, a record they broke the year before, while being statistically dominant didn't win MVP.

Fudge
12-24-2013, 09:55 PM
It's Durant's this year, I could feel it in my pants.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Lettuce be real

russwest0
03-31-2014, 04:04 PM
It's Durant's this year, I could feel it in my pants.

:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

Demitri98
03-31-2014, 04:06 PM
LeBron will, as usual, turn it up a notch post all-star break and have the MVP on lock by the end of March.
:lol :lol :lol

Black and White
03-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Heat fans fail again :oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
03-31-2014, 04:51 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

riseagainst
04-01-2014, 11:03 AM

:roll: :roll:

RIP Illuminati.

russwest0
04-01-2014, 11:26 AM
lmao, Illuminati is Silkk's alt as well. Both have stopped posting here after saying shit about how LeBron would turn it up and win the MVP.