PDA

View Full Version : Pacers debating some serious thing

treadster
12-25-2013, 02:43 AM
http://instagram.com/p/iSmPcfkZGL/
Man, the pacers is talking some serious sh*t.

inclinerator
12-25-2013, 02:44 AM
britney and it's not even close

Fudge
12-25-2013, 02:44 AM
Brittney

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Brittney paved the way for ratchet ass bitches like Miley to make generic music that preteens and generally dull people would eat up and live vicariously through.
If there was facebook/twitter like there was now during Brittney's prime in the late 90's/early 00's, this wouldn't even be a debate.

Killbot
12-25-2013, 02:59 AM
:facepalm

Eric Cartman
12-25-2013, 03:14 AM
Miley is bigger.

I<3NBA
12-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Madonna. bitches.

SamuraiSWISH
12-25-2013, 03:40 AM
My girlfriend and I had this debate. No social media, shock value that Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga have. Brittney was bigger in her prime, just in the late 90's / early 2000s social media on the web didn't over empower certain artists. Brittney had a slow, gradual, subtle transformation into a SMUT compared to the likes of the aforementioned female artists. Spears, and Aguilera were the ones who went from good girls to sluts. To be honest, Madonna was the innovator of this whole trend doe. Gaga is derivative Madonna the way Kobe is derivative of Jordan.

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:45 AM
My girlfriend and I had this debate. No social media, shock value that Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga have. Brittney was bigger in her prime, just in the late 90's / early 2000s social media on the web didn't over empower certain artists. Brittney had a slow, gradual, subtle transformation into a SMUT compared to the likes of the aforementioned female artists. Spears, and Aguilera were the ones who went from good girls to sluts. To be honest, Madonna was the innovator of this whole trend doe. Gaga is derivative Madonna the way Kobe is derivative of Jordan.

They're all the same garbage. Trying to say one is better than another just because they're from your generation is silly.

Besides, Gaga didn't event transform. She's the same as she debuted.

Pushxx
12-25-2013, 03:51 AM
Maybe Britney had more popularity in her prime, but I give the edge to Miley.

In this age there is a niche for everything. There are more artists and genres to contend with. Britney's era had less variety at the top of the industry. The market is more saturated now, so I feel it's harder to make the impact that artists like Bieber and Miley have.

Also, the average quality of music across the board is higher. Industry standards and production quality is at its peak.

On a side note: I'm glad EDM has finally broken through in popularity, but the death of alternative rock blows.

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:53 AM

In this age there is a niche for everything. There are more artists and genres to contend with. Britney's era had less variety at the top of the industry. The market is more saturated now, so I feel it's harder to make the impact that artists like Bieber and Miley have.

On a side note: I'm glad EDM has finally broken through in popularity, but the death of alternative rock blows.

What? You really think there has been a major shift since 1999? :biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
12-25-2013, 03:55 AM
They're all the same garbage. Trying to say one is better than another just because they're from your generation is silly.
Where did I say one was better than the other? Or that any of them weren't anything more than cookie cutter pop stars? Calm down. You're always so quick to argue. I talked about their mainstream popularity, and their overall whore like image. Get off your high horse.

Pushxx
12-25-2013, 03:56 AM
What? You really think there has been a major shift since 1999? :biggums:

Yep. Radio was music and music was radio. Now everybody has their own super specific tastes.

Accessibility to music is so different it changes the dynamic completely. Thanks, Napster, RIAA, and iTunes.

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Where did I say one was better than the other? Or that any of them weren't anything more than cookie cutter pop stars? Calm down. You're always so quick to argue. I talked about their mainstream popularity, and their overall whore like image. Get off your high horse.

You said she was bigger in her prime. I guess I should've not said "better". Lady Gaga was a pretty big deal and Miley pretty much ran the year in terms of pop culture. :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
12-25-2013, 04:06 AM
You said she was bigger in her prime.
Spears popularity was in comparison to Miley, I think, it went beyond just one year too ... I didn't say she was better, bud. Cyrus was in the head lines because of her shocking transformation. Not necessarily because of her popularity, she was unintentionally funny.

moe94
12-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Spears popularity was in comparison to Miley, I think, it went beyond just one year too ... I didn't say she was better, bud. Cyrus was in the head lines because of her shocking transformation. Not necessarily because of her popularity, she was unintentionally funny.

Why are you still on the better thing? I already said I was wrong. :coleman:

I just think 2013 Cyrus was more relevant than Spears ever was.

inclinerator
12-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Why are you still on the better thing? I already said I was wrong. :coleman:

I just think 2013 Cyrus was more relevant than Spears ever was.
maybe, but not in a good way

moe94
12-25-2013, 04:17 AM
maybe, but not in a good way

It wasn't efficient but dear lord was it ever dominant!

Britney Spears was pretty efficient with her good girl gimmick and her dominance was also potent but Cyrus was so dominant that you just had to take notice. :applause:

LosBulls
12-25-2013, 04:21 AM
More Popular? Brittney
More Talent? Brittney
Sluttier? Miley

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-25-2013, 04:59 AM

Also, the average quality of music across the board is higher. Industry standards and production quality is at its peak.

Production is not at its peak in this era. Many popular artists today master their tracks so it literally sounds louder than tracks that aren't mixed as hot on FM radio or in club mixes so people will notice it since most people don't know good music nowadays so if it sounds the louder than another track, it stands out more.
Plus, think of all the people listening to super compressed, low bit rate MP3's on their mobile/portable devices and are content with using factory provided in ear head phones.
There isn't much of an incentive to mix music to the fullest potential nowadays. People can't even tell when they are listening to terribly mixed music that is full of clipping and distortion.
Sure, some underground/independent artists employ the best possible mixing and mastering technique to make their productions sound the best they possibly can, but it's pretty much a niche thing now a days since people don't know better.

no pun intended
12-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Only reason if the answer were Miley Cyrus is largely thanks to the rise of social media in her time.

Overdrive
12-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Maybe from a technological standpoint, most production use the same generic effects and "tools". As Brook(lyn)Lopez said loudness and by that generally unwanted side-effects are common in today's popmusic.

Imo Alan Parson's work on the dark side of the moon is still the pinnacle of audio engineering and that was 40 years ago.

Chrono90
12-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Brittney. Miley is a headline grabber with her acting like a slut.

Brittney had better music and talent and more popular also.

FireDavidKahn
12-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Miley is bigger.
Maybe now, but Britney in her prime puts Miley to shame.

wakencdukest
12-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Who gives a shit? Which one was hotter?