PDA

View Full Version : Current LMA or 2010 Bosh

moe94
12-25-2013, 02:08 PM
???

Bosh put up better stats on a worse team with more defensive attention but LMA plays in a harder conference.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5RlCD1fnT-U/TFHqckXc7cI/AAAAAAAAAVk/TN0h97VK5EM/s320/chris_bosh--300x300.jpg
http://www.docsports.com/images/lib/large/lamarcus-aldridge.jpg

NLZ
12-25-2013, 02:09 PM
???

Bosh put up better stats on a worse team with more defensive attention but LMA plays in a harder conference.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/845/242/photo_crop_340x234.jpg?1269102899:facepalm

Bosh easily

Aldridge 23.1 PPG on 20.3 FGA
Bosh 24.0 PPG on 16.5 FGA

kNicKz
12-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Bosh (obviously)

moe94
12-25-2013, 02:10 PM
:facepalm

Bosh easily

What's so "easily" about it? I think Bosh, too, but a lot think otherwise.

kNicKz
12-25-2013, 02:11 PM

Who thinks otherwise? Pauk?

:roll:

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Current LMA.

NLZ
12-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Bosh 24.0 PPG on 16.5 FGA

moe94
12-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Who thinks otherwise? Pauk?

:roll:

Let's just say people love to disrespect Bosh because he sacrificed his stats and role within a team as if he somehow got worse as a player, when he's probably as good or better than he's ever been.

HiphopRelated
12-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Bosh

Aldridge is still Aldridge

His teammates have gotten way better over the last couple years

j3lademaster
12-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Bosh 24.0 PPG on 16.5 FGAWho's better? rookie Blake Griffin with 22.5/12 on a sub 500 squad or current Blake Griffin with inferior numbers? Stats aren't everything.

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Let's just say people love to disrespect Bosh

He's the weak link of the Miami big 3 and comes off as pretty fake/soft. There's your answer.

moe94
12-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Who's better? rookie Blake Griffin with 22.5/12 on a sub 500 squad or current Blake Griffin with inferior numbers? Stats aren't everything.

Taking 4 more shots and still scoring fewer points is VERY telling, especially when they essentially play the same way.

I<3NBA
12-25-2013, 02:53 PM
it's funny how people consider Bosh the weak link in Miami big 3 when he's probably the x-factor of the team. he's a better player in Miami. you just think he sucks because he's playing out of position.

funny how these same people bash Kevin Love for all his stats not leading to wins but bash Bosh for less stats but more wins. Bosh has less stats, but his play leads to wins. he is integral to how Miami plays.

Micku
12-25-2013, 02:59 PM
it's funny how people consider Bosh the weak link in Miami big 3 when he's probably the x-factor of the team. he's a better player in Miami. you just think he sucks because he's playing out of position.

funny how these same people bash Kevin Love for all his stats not leading to wins but bash Bosh for less stats but more wins. Bosh has less stats, but his play leads to wins. he is integral to how Miami plays.

Plus he is playing 28-29 minutes a game now. In his raptor days he averaged 37 mpg.

tpols
12-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Let's just say people love to disrespect Bosh because he sacrificed his stats and role within a team as if he somehow got worse as a player, when he's probably as good or better than he's ever been.
exactly what Ive always said.. they forced him out onto the perimeter last year and made him take more threes than hes ever taken in years prior combined. Bosh could be used so much better but the heat are getting by so who cares?

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 03:04 PM
it's funny how people consider Bosh the weak link in Miami big 3

Considering he isn't better than Wade (injury prone or not) and nobody is insane enough to say he's better than James... not funny, all fact. Bosh is the weakest of the 3. There's been 3 going on 4 years now that he's the weak link of the 3.

Anyways, this isn't about Miami Bosh. It's 2010 Bosh. No correlation.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2013, 03:18 PM
The way people talk you would think Bosh was all NBA first team in 2010....or second...or third...or that he had been any of the three the year before that...or the year before that....or in the 4 years since.

Demarcus Cousins is putting up 23, 11, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block on 50% shooting. And hes doing it in 31 minutes a game. Nobody seems to give a damn.

Lets say his season is a 6. Boshs 2010 is what...a 7? If that?

Really wasnt that special.

In the best season Bosh had there were arguments on if he was even better than Boozer:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41180

But now to some its no contest between he and Lamarcus.....

Bosh really wasnt that big a deal. Nothing happened in Toronto worth remembering.

Just a standard all star 4. Not a high end all star 4. Not a Barkley, Hayes, KG, Malone, Dirk, and so on.

Just average all star 4. Randolph. Jermaine Oneal. Bosh. Aldridge. Kevin Love. Larry Johnson. Vin Baker. Kemp.

Really good 4. Nothing to really pull him away from the rest of the second tier star 4s.

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:21 PM

Bosh really wasnt that big a deal. Nothing happened in Toronto worth remembering.

Can you even begin to make an argument for LMA? All I see is you dismissing Bosh for whatever reason but literally no argument for LMA, which is quite odd.

Just clicked your link. It says 2007. Jesus Christ. Was that really all you could do? Wow. Just wow.

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2013, 03:23 PM
The way people talk you would think Bosh was all NBA first team in 2010....or second...or third...or that he had been any of the three the year before that...or the year before that....or in the 4 years since.

Demarcus Cousins is putting up 23, 11, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block on 50% shooting. And hes doing it in 31 minutes a game. Nobody seems to give a damn.

In the best season Bosh had there were arguments on if he was even better than Boozer:

Everybody realizes Demarcus Cousins is a beast..

Carlos Boozer in UTAH was a top 5 power foward..

Kblaze8855
12-25-2013, 03:25 PM
All I could do? It was from Bosh best season. His sole all nba season. And even then he wasnt just....considered so beyond second tier stars you dont even ask who is better.

Far as him vs LA....it isnt an argument worth having. Its Antionio Mcdyess vs Vin Baker.

There may be a difference....but not enough of one to get into a big argument over.

Same basic level. Bosh and LA....same basic level.

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:27 PM
You're right. We should only discuss LeBron and Kobe and whether Dirk is on KG's level.

SilkkTheShocker
12-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a weird feeling Aldridge would have scored more than zero points in game 7 of the Finals. Or not gotten anally raped defensively by Hibbert and Duncan.

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I have a weird feeling Aldridge would have scored more than zero points in game 7 of the Finals. Or not gotten anally raped defensively by Hibbert and Duncan.

Bosh made the finals in 2010?

kNicKz
12-25-2013, 03:30 PM

Just a standard all star 4. Not a high end all star 4. Not a Barkley, Hayes, KG, Malone, Dirk, and so on.

Just average all star 4. Randolph. Jermaine Oneal. Bosh. Aldridge. Kevin Love. Larry Johnson. Vin Baker. Kemp.

Really good 4. Nothing to really pull him away from the rest of the second tier star 4s.

Thank you for clarifying that Bosh isn't as good as KG and Barkley :rolleyes:

moe94
12-25-2013, 03:30 PM

Aren't you a Heat fan? Why do you hate Bosh?

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 03:34 PM
All I could do? It was from Bosh best season. His sole all nba season. And even then he wasnt just....considered so beyond second tier stars you dont even ask who is better.

Far as him vs LA....it isnt an argument worth having. Its Antionio Mcdyess vs Vin Baker.

There may be a difference....but not enough of one to get into a big argument over.

Same basic level. Bosh and LA....same basic level.

I'm wagering to agree with the bold. Really, not enough of a gap, whatsoever. Don't know why people always suggest in most of these comparisons that it's "obvious" and/or "not even close".

But once the playoffs start, this shouldn't be much of a debate anymore and it should go to current LMA.

SilkkTheShocker
12-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Aren't you a Heat fan? Why do you hate Bosh?

I don't hate him. But certain ISH posters (LeBron haters) go out of their way to overrate him and give excuses for whenever he has a bad performance. I mean the man scored zero points in the biggest game of his career and certain people gave him a pass because he sacrificed elements of his game for the team. But did he have to also sacrifice defense those last two rounds of the playoffs? Again, I don't hate him at all. The passes he gets though can be a little annoying. I don't think either Bosh or Aldridge is a true franchise player to build around if you want to win titles, but im taking Aldridge here.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I didnt say not to discuss it. I said its not a big enough difference for me to start some huge in depth thing on why _____ is better.

Its Ihop vs Dennys.....how can you go so far one way as to make a big deal of it if someone goes the other you know?

Thank you for clarifying that Bosh isn't as good as KG and Barkley

That he is on the level below those greats...with a gang of good 4s who arent easily broken up was the point.

The greats stand out.

The goods....are lumped together. Bosh is in a pile of good forwards like....65 deep.

You swap Bosh with David Lee at his best on the Knicks they might win 35 games instead of 29. And they might just win the 29 anyway...Bosh did lead a similar(Lees knicks) team to 27 wins.

Just not seeing the big deal about him in Toronto. Didnt then. Dont now. Hes just another good forward. Same as Lamarcus.

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Because I spent years overrating Lamar Odom, a hobbled Bynum & Pau Gasol to discredit Kobe and now that Lebron is winning rings with multiple all stars and incredible depth I try my hardest to discredit a guy like Bosh so that I don't look like a stupid hypocrite.

Thanks for the honesty Silk

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2013, 03:49 PM

So if that's how you feel about Bosh's time prior to the HEAT with only one all NBA selection & 4 all star appearances how do you feel about Pau Gasol with his 0 all nba selections and 1 all star appreance prior to joining the Lakers?

Kblaze8855
12-25-2013, 03:59 PM
About the same.

Which is the point. Not that Bosh is worse than all these guys.....that....none of them did anything to make them stand out compared to the others. If I can have:

Derrick Coleman
Juwan Howard
David Lee
Zach Randolph
Jermaine Oneal
Otis thorpe
Kemp
Bosh
Kenyon Martin
Vin Baker
Mcdyess
Aldridge
Larry Johnson
Gasol
Boozer

Id take Bosh over 4 of them im pretty sure....but nobody in there is gonna do anything the rest just have to stand back in awe of. And if one of them were it wouldnt be Bosh.

I dont see Bosh doing the Spurs in like Randolph. Or getting the Sonics to the finals with Payton like Kemp. Nor do I see him performing well when he got there vs the likes of Rodman. But....I also dont see Kenyon Martin playing Boshs role on the Heat as well and Howard never impressed me even as much as Bosh did. Though....swapped with Bosh the Raptors wouldnt have been THAT much worse. Worse. But dropping from bad to laughingstock worse. Not....good to bad worse.

Its just a grab bag of good forwards none of which really stand out.

chazzy
12-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Bosh. Much better scorer (59 TS% vs ~51 TS%) better rebounder, and uses his length better on defense. Neither are great defenders but Bosh led some of those Raptor teams to elite offenses a couple years

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Bosh. Much better scorer (59 TS% vs ~51 TS%) better rebounder, and uses his length better on defense. Neither are great defenders but Bosh led some of those Raptor teams to elite offenses a couple years

It's just a single season comparison.

Blazers are #1 in overall offense, so far.

HiphopRelated
12-25-2013, 04:49 PM
It's just a single season comparison.

Blazers are #1 in overall offense, so far.
Damian Lillard vs Calderon

RoundMoundOfReb
12-25-2013, 04:57 PM
It's close probably give the edge to Aldridge. Bosh was too reliant on FTs You can run your half court offense through Aldridge better IMO.

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Damian Lillard vs Calderon

Straight up comparison of the two ? Lillard is better, but Calderon was misused that season. He had to share ball handling duties with Hedo Turkuglo and it cut down his assists per game. Otherwise, he's a very good pure PG with great efficiency and no defense, similar to Lillard but Lillard obviously scores much better.

If it's about who impacts the offense, it's still going through LMA first then Lillard. Calderon, Hedo, and Jarrett Jack all did their share in helping Bosh out passing the ball.

BTW, Jack and Calderon split starting PG spots during that season.

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Bump.

After 2014 Aldridge's playoff run and more than likely All-NBA team selection, does he get the vote over 2010 Bosh ?

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Bump.

After 2014 Aldridge's playoff run and more than likely All-NBA team selection, does he get the vote over 2010 Bosh ?

Going with Aldridge. Bosh never look as good as he did the first few games of the Houston series to steal HCA. Alrdridge's inefficiency can be annoying though.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Going with Aldridge. Bosh never look as good as he did the first few games of the Houston series to steal HCA. Alrdridge's inefficiency can be annoying though.
aldridge will improve and become a clear cut top 5 player next season. he will get a little stronger and improve his post moves.
he HAS to learn how to get to the basket against good center and how to finih there.
dude blows a shit ton of 3 footers and lay ups:facepalm :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 11:17 AM
aldridge will improve and become a clear cut top 5 player next season. he will get a little stronger and improve his post moves.
he HAS to learn how to get to the basket against good center and how to finih there.
dude blows a shit ton of 3 footers and lay ups:facepalm :facepalm

Yea, I noticed that also. He misses some easy shots

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Yeah, Aldridge's inefficiency is largely due to the fact that he doesn't draw more fouls to get to the free throw line. It's strange, considering his post game should allow him to get to the line more than 5 times a game (near 7 times in the post season). When his jump shots aren't falling, he disappears for long stretches.

Bosh in this case is much better at getting to the line, but yeah, he was never as dominant as Aldridge vs Houston. 2010 Raptors didn't even make the playoffs, which is why I said earlier in this thread that the playoffs would decide this.

On a side note, The East was more competitive back in 2010 compared to 2014, but the West once again was far more superior 1-8 (all playoff teams in the West won 50+ games in 2010).

HiphopRelated
05-15-2014, 12:30 PM
still Bosh

DMAVS41
05-15-2014, 12:35 PM

Have to agree with this. I never have liked Bosh all that much...I think I have been both wrong and right about him. He's closer to as good as I told everyone he was, but he's also a bit more versatile and slightly better than I have given him credit for.

To me though, this is Bosh. Bosh is definitely the better defender here.

Also, just to point out, LMA just got destroyed in the Spurs series. It's always a good test to see what people really think about a player. LMA plays like ass...not much is said.

LMA put up 22/10/1 on 45.8% TS 92 ortg 113 drtg against the Spurs. And honestly those numbers don't do it justice as he got a lot of his stats in the 2nd half of the game 1 blowout (he was 6 of 17 when the game was in doubt)...

Just feel like if Bosh did that on his own team he'd be held more accountable. Hell, Dirk got a ton of hate for putting up 19/8/2 48% TS 96 ortg 111 drtg...

And Dirk definitely gave the Spurs defense more problems with his picks and 3 point floor stretching.

I think LMA is actually pretty over-rated to be honest. 2 weeks ago it looked like he might have a great run in him, but that quickly subsided and ended with a lackluster series for him against the Spurs if we grade him on the same curve of other stars.

tpols
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Hell I'd take current bosh.. the only difference between the two is bosh currently plays a support role on offense, setting picks and spotting up, while LMA gets free reign to chuck as many contesteted midrange shots as he pleases. Bosh is the more active, mobile defender and a better rim protector as well.

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Just feel like if Bosh did that on his own team he'd be held more accountable.

2010 Bosh in Toronto would get plenty of scrutiny since the market is bigger than Portland. Also, not really another star player in Toronto at that time to take away some media pressure, outside of the off court issues Hedo Turkuglo had that year, like Damian Lillard.

Plus, Portland wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs this year. Bosh's Raptors in 2010 was supposed to make the playoffs.