PDA

View Full Version : Can we ever see someone who likes both Kobe and LeBron?

HelterSkelter
12-25-2013, 09:27 PM
or at least not hate either? or neutral?

if you like the other, you have to hate the other one.. which is sad..

the LeBron hate is PATHETIC.. might as well blame LeBron for every problem in the world..

when the heat win, the team is stacked, but when they lose... it's his fault?

when he has a bad game... he choked/deffered, when he has a good game... he stat-padded? :confusedshrug:

same thing goes with the Kobe hate... He's the closest thing to MJ.. how can we not like the second-coming of MJ?

I still see Colorado jokes. WTF? Which is senseless to begin with... because that wasn't rape.. the girl only wanted Kobe's money..

Seriously, why can't we just appreciate greatness?

RagaZ
12-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Stephen A Smith.

KyrieTheFuture
12-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't hate Kobe I hate Kobe fans. Love watching him play, but would rather have lebron.

#number6ix#
12-25-2013, 09:32 PM
nike has brainwashed people with that Lebron vs Kobe marketing circa 08-10

K Xerxes
I don't think it's that rare at all. But when one has an opinion on who's greater between the two, the other side tend to call that 'hating'.

For example, I consider myself neutral to the extent they are both great great players and don't care about their off-court life whatsoever, but it is my opinion that Lebron is a better player now than Kobe ever has been. Kobe stans will of course have none of that and call that hating. Same thing for anyone who says the opposite.

HoopsFanNumero1
That's what happens when parents allow their little kids to browse on the internet without any restrictions or supervision.

Wavves
12-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I like both players :confusedshrug:

clutchinho
12-25-2013, 09:41 PM
It will never happen, philosophies are too different.

Watching Kobe on the court is like watching a 80s action movie, watching Lebron is like the female lead in a romantic comedy

ripthekik
12-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Alphas and betas, just too different. Same with the fans.

HelterSkelter
12-25-2013, 09:44 PM
:applause: It's nice to see a couple of Kobe and LeBron neutrals in the first page... :cheers: to you guys..

Watching Kobe on the court is like watching a 80s action movie, watching Lebron is like the female lead in a romantic comedy

What does that mean? 80s action movies are cheesy..

NumberSix
12-25-2013, 09:45 PM
How can you like both good and evil?

Yankstar
12-25-2013, 09:46 PM
or at least not hate either? or neutral?

if you like the other, you have to hate the other one.. which is sad..

the LeBron hate is PATHETIC.. might as well blame LeBron for every problem in the world..

when the heat win, the team is stacked, but when they lose... it's his fault?

when he has a bad game... he choked/deffered, when he has a good game... he stat-padded? :confusedshrug:

same thing goes with the Kobe hate... He's the closest thing to MJ.. how can we not like the second-coming of MJ?

I still see Colorado jokes. WTF? Which is senseless to begin with... because that wasn't rape.. the girl only wanted Kobe's money..

Seriously, why can't we just appreciate greatness?

Lebron vs Kobe is like Magic vs Kobe not Mj vs Kobe. Very different players which people keep trying to compare via stats for different positions.

Of course Lebron shoots a higher % and of course Kobe averages higher points. What I don't like is people saying Lebron is better when Kobe has obviously done more in his career and is more distinguished.

Lebron might one day be comparable to Kobe but that day is many years in the future....

HylianNightmare
12-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I like both players :confusedshrug:
me too

HoopsFanNumero1
12-25-2013, 09:49 PM

Perfect example

ripthekik
12-25-2013, 09:50 PM
How can you like both good and evil?
This is correct. The loyal guy that won rings the right way vs the guy that quit on his city and took the shortcut on a stacked team to the ring.

DStebb716
12-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Used to. I used to like LeBron. Then I started hating LeBron when he left Cleveland the way he did (not a bitter Knicks fan, I never thought he was coming). But then rooting against LeBron got boring and tedious. It was also pointless because he is too good to not get his.

So right now I like Kobe and am pretty indifferent about LeBron. I actually rooted for the Heat over the Spurs last year because I don't really like the Spurs and was sick of the "LeBron has a 1/2 ring" crap. And why not root to be able to say you witnessed one of the greatest to ever play? Getting more rings will only prove that LeBron is a top five player of all time.

mans1ay3r
12-25-2013, 10:03 PM
I enjoy watching both. I hate them when they're playing against the Celtics. There are plenty of people that enjoy watching both players, the trolls and stans just have bigger mouths.

SpecialQue
12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
The media and sports writers love to create bullshit "rivalries," and fans eat it up. I'm sure most people who are fans of the sport like both, they're just not as loud and obnoxious as the stans.

TheMarkMadsen
12-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I like them both, I just prefer players that play like they have a chip on their shoulder every game even when they are clearly superior to their competition.

Lebron seems afraid to fail sometimes, and I hate that.

I'd rather see a 18-19 year old Kobe Bryant with enough confidence and courage to attempt and airball multiple game winners against the Jazz in the playoffs with an all star Eddie Jones & prime Shaq on his team than watch Lebron in the 2010 ECF or the 2011 finals

Scholar
12-25-2013, 10:27 PM
:confusedshrug:

When it comes to Laker fans, I think fpliii and I are the most neutral there are.

SpecialQue
12-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Also, has anyone noticed how Bill Simmon's Kobe hate seeps into most of their NBA articles whenever Kobe comes up, even if Simmons doesn't write them? I think there was ONE article that said something nice about him. :lol

Probably still pissed about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoV5u2WWJs

Illuminati
12-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Kobe? Yes, we've seen the likes of him before, and most likely will in the future. LeBron? :confusedshrug: A 6'8 260lb beast of an athlete that can play and defend 1-4 positions and occasionally play and defend the 5th position. Score, playmake, defend, rebound, do it all at a high level. Who knows we may see another LeBron, but I doubt at 6'8 260.

wakencdukest
12-25-2013, 10:31 PM
There's nothing worse than a player only fan who hates another player for dumb reasons. If this is you than you're an asshole. And you have no argument whatsoever.

Overdrive
12-25-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't like either, but sometimes I enjoy(ed) watching Kobe.

ripthekik
12-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Kobe? Yes, we've seen the likes of him before, and most likely will in the future. LeBron? :confusedshrug: A 6'8 260lb beast of an athlete that can play and defend 1-4 positions and occasionally play and defend the 5th position. Score, playmake, defend, rebound, do it all at a high level. Who knows we may see another LeBron, but I doubt at 6'8 260.
All that, yet can't perform in the 4th, disappears, and needs a stacked team to win.

pauk
12-25-2013, 10:33 PM
You could respect, enjoy & not hate both, many do... i do.... but liking both of their mindsets equally much is very hard as both are opposite, two acquired tastes....

Its just like two players playing two FPS games that are vastly different in approach & apparatus... which inevitably draws two different audiences...

Kobe is more like Call of Duty... guns blazing trying to be the hero, teamplay is less essential, it does one thing all the time and does it very well...

Lebron is more like Battlefield.... versatility & uniqueness, as you can do much more than any other game out there and has a more factual & clever approach where team play is much more essential, it does more all the time and does it very well...

ihoopallday
12-25-2013, 10:34 PM
I like both guys. The whole "I don't like their fans" is pretty dumb in my opinion. Don't let a few trolls paint you a picture of the whole fan base. I have a lot of friends that love Kobe, but they also appreciate what LeBron has brought to this league. I bet even the biggest Kobe or LeBron hater on this board would get excited if they ever ran into them. Also, a lot of us make the mistake of taking constructive criticism of our favorite players as hating.

zoom17
12-25-2013, 10:41 PM
You could respect, enjoy & not hate both, many do... i do.... but liking both of their mindsets equally much is very hard as both are opposite, two acquired tastes....

Its just like two players playing two FPS games that are vastly different in approach & apparatus... which inevitably draws two different audiences...

Kobe is more like Call of Duty... guns blazing trying to be the hero, teamplay is less essential, it does one thing all the time and does it very well...

Lebron is more like Battlefield.... versatility & uniqueness, as you can do much more than any other game out there and has a more factual & clever approach where team play is much more essential, it does more all the time and does it very well...

Interesting comparison:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
12-25-2013, 10:42 PM
i've grown some respect for bran over the years, he brought fans which had no clue what a basketball was to watch the nba, a remarkable feat, specially when u consider they still have no clue

ihoopallday
12-25-2013, 10:44 PM
i've grown some respect for bran over the years, he brought fans which had no clue what a basketball was to watch the nba, a remarkable feat, specially when u consider they still have no clue

:bowdown: :bowdown:

HelterSkelter
12-25-2013, 10:45 PM
All that, yet can't perform in the 4th, disappears, and needs a stacked team to win.

this isn't 2011

Droid101
12-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Kobe? Yes, we've seen the likes of him before, and most likely will in the future.
Oh yeah? How many perimeter players have scored 81 in a game? Or 62 through three quarters?

I'm a Laker fan, but come on... I own a LeBron jersey! They're both great players, why can't you all just enjoy them?

Spaulding
12-25-2013, 11:03 PM
I like Kobe and lebron. Can't hate on great players. Have to respect their talent. Screw the personal stuff. All I care about is the game.

Also, its funny these two are clearly friends do why would you hate one and love the other?

allball
12-25-2013, 11:07 PM
I like both of them although if they're playing each other I root for Lebron. I like Wade and Durant too and Jordan and Magic and Isiah.

AintNoSunshine
12-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I like em both. I think they're all time top 8(Lebron) and top 20(Kobe).

gts
12-25-2013, 11:19 PM
There's nothing worse than a player only fan who hates another player for dumb reasons. If this is you than you're an asshole. And you have no argument whatsoever.

Bingo...

Never got the I hate player B because player A is my guy or even worse the I hate him because of his fans argument... total waste of time, really sad when you think about it

pauk
12-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Interesting comparison:oldlol:

:cheers:

It gets even more interesting when you consider that FPS games by majority are trying to emulate the all-time best classic FPS game (and GOAT PC game) which is Counter-Strike (Michael Jordan)... then such a game comes closer than at least anybody else and that is Call of Duty (Kobe Bryant)....... all of the sudden a new innovative FPS game comes in which we have never seen play that way before which is Battlefield (LeBron James) on the pace/road of ending up better than Call of Duty (if not better already) and maybe even dare i say also on the pace to potentially maybe one day end up better or tie Counter-Strike....

Analogies are fun, the Lion one got boring so.... :)

Speaking of gaming, kindof got peckish for some BF4.

knicksman
12-25-2013, 11:46 PM
im not a person with low standards. So I dont root for overrated players who cheats to cover his overratedness

Rose'sACL
12-25-2013, 11:46 PM
I like both.

I<3NBA
12-25-2013, 11:54 PM
:cheers:

It gets even more interesting when you consider that FPS games by majority are trying to emulate the all-time best classic FPS game (and GOAT PC game) which is Counter-Strike (Michael Jordan)... then such a game comes closer than at least anybody else and that is Call of Duty (Kobe Bryant)....... all of the sudden a new innovative FPS game comes in which we have never seen play that way before which is Battlefield (LeBron James) on the pace/road of ending up better than Call of Duty (if not better already) and maybe even dare i say also on the pace to potentially maybe one day end up better or tie Counter-Strike....

Analogies are fun, the Lion one got boring so.... :)

Speaking of gaming, kindof got peckish for some BF4.
:lol you have a lot of time on your hands making analogies

ripthekik
12-26-2013, 12:02 AM
im not a person with low standards. So I dont root for overrated players who cheats to cover his overratedness
:applause: well said.

Im so nba'd out
12-26-2013, 12:08 AM
I like em both. I think they're all time top 8(Lebron) and top 20(Kobe).
lol @ this..There are people who really do respect both and there are fakes like this guy.

PickernRoller
12-26-2013, 12:40 AM
I do. On one hand you have one of the greatest players to ever play the game, Kobe, a Top 10 player of all time (6 on my list). On the other hand you have Lebron scrapping spots between the Top 15-20. Each player is different.

DaSeba5
12-26-2013, 01:12 AM
I like both, but I like LeBron more because he plays for the Heat.

redboy
12-26-2013, 02:49 AM
it's rare because kobe represents the old school, skilled type of player who isn't buddy buddy with everyone else. he knows that he can turn it on at any moment, but misses tons of shots in doing so. thus, to the statistic nerds and to many viewers, he's an "inefficient ballhog" lebron represents the new school, efficient kind of player that will always make the right decision to find a teammate. he's an amazing player and has amazing court vision but as a result of his efficiency, he will often shy away from taking the last shot, which is seen as a superstar trait by old school fans. both kobe and lebron are incredible players, but they appeal to different crowds of viewers. their games are polar opposites of each other, attracting different people. it also doesn't help that both players have some of the worst fans known to man

Inferno
12-26-2013, 02:51 AM
I like both :confusedshrug:

Straight_Ballin
12-26-2013, 02:51 AM

Then I guess that makes Jordan like Halo CE, the best FPS of all time.

ihoopallday
12-26-2013, 02:54 AM
Then I guess that makes Jordan like Halo CE, the best FPS of all time.

Halo 2 on Xbox. :bowdown: :bowdown:

CavaliersFTW
12-26-2013, 02:55 AM
:applause:

Collie
12-26-2013, 04:39 AM
How bout someone who hates both?

arifgokcen
12-26-2013, 04:46 AM

I like both and i defend both.I think its common among people like us(foreigner).

Both lebron and kobe trolls hate me.

Lebron23
12-26-2013, 04:50 AM
I don't hate the guy, but I dislike his annoying fanbase.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-26-2013, 04:55 AM
I like both.

NumberSix
12-26-2013, 05:07 AM
If you held a summit, which one of them would you call?

Svendiggity
12-26-2013, 05:19 AM
I honestly do think Lebron is the better player. He makes better decisions on the court, is more physically dominant, and overall, is an easier teammate to play alongside. I just find Kobe fascinating. The way he carries himself is more impressive to me than how good of a ball player he is.

Crafty
12-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I like Kobe, can't stand his fanbase. Although a lot of Lebron fans push it to far

Stringer Bell
12-26-2013, 09:06 PM
I like both. I used to dislike Kobe, but he grew on me. He's a great player and in the twilight of his career, I want to see him recover and play well and enjoy watching the end of his great career.

Like many others, I rooted against Miami hard in 2011, and I still root against them. But I simply love watching Lebron. Such an amazing talent. One of the things I have always liked about him is that he is such a skilled and willing passer.

Mr. Jabbar
12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
I enjoy watching Kobe play, I like his game. Idk something about Lebron's game that doesn't appeal to me. I respect the guy and he is a great player, it's just if it were between watching Kobe play and Lebron play, I would rather watch Kobe. No hate, just personal preference.

chalk up another eye test guys

Droid101
12-26-2013, 09:18 PM
it's rare because kobe represents the old school, skilled type of player who isn't buddy buddy with everyone else. he knows that he can turn it on at any moment, but misses tons of shots in doing so. thus, to the statistic nerds and to many viewers, he's an "inefficient ballhog" lebron represents the new school, efficient kind of player that will always make the right decision to find a teammate. he's an amazing player and has amazing court vision but as a result of his efficiency, he will often shy away from taking the last shot, which is seen as a superstar trait by old school fans. both kobe and lebron are incredible players, but they appeal to different crowds of viewers. their games are polar opposites of each other, attracting different people. it also doesn't help that both players have some of the worst fans known to man
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/87/357x296px-LL-877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

moe94
12-26-2013, 09:32 PM
chalk up another eye test guys
:roll: :applause:

Solefade
12-26-2013, 09:34 PM
I like Kobe, can't stand his fans though.

Stupid Lebron fans are the result of Kobe fans trying to discredit Lebron to prop up Kobe. Not sure why bron fans go so far to defend him sometimes when they can just ignore the stupid comments, but in the end it doesn't matter because Lebron is clearly the best player in the league and has been for a while now.

NumberSix
12-26-2013, 09:45 PM
It's actually LeBron who is the old school type of player of the two. Kobe is the new school "wanna be like Mike" type of player that is finally fading away. LeBron is the pre-Jordan era type of player.

Overdrive
12-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I enjoy watching Kobe play, I like his game. Idk something about Lebron's game that doesn't appeal to me. I respect the guy and he is a great player, it's just if it were between watching Kobe play and Lebron play, I would rather watch Kobe. No hate, just personal preference.

Same here, it's not even the overpowering of opponents as I loved watching Shaq. His movements just don't seem natural. His turnaround fadeaway has been great since '12, but it looks totally weird.

Had to doublecheck if this post is from '11.
Seen Kobe with Wade and Lebron yesterday?

gts
12-26-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't hate the guy, but I dislike his annoying fanbase.
Then why the fu*k would you use his name as your screen name?

gts
12-26-2013, 09:51 PM
It's actually LeBron who is the old school type of player of the two. Kobe is the new school "wanna be like Mike" type of player that is finally fading away. LeBron is the pre-Jordan era type of player.

:rolleyes:

crunk-juice
12-26-2013, 09:53 PM
don't really care for either, but tremendously respect both of their games

I'd probably go with LeBron if I had a gun to my head, despite being a Pacers fan. but I don't feel strongly about it at all

Droid101
12-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Subtle troll... your best in months.

Alan Ogg
12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
I am a fan of greatness so I like both Kobe and Lebron. I find worshipping stans annoying though.

Stringer Bell
12-26-2013, 10:58 PM
The buddy-buddy thing gets a little exaggerated IMO. Yeah maybe players are friendlier now, growing up playing in the AAUs, or we just hear about it more because of social media and people posting on twitter or whatever.

Russell and Chamberlain were good friends until they had a falling out when Russell implied that Wilt quit in the 69' Finals, when it was the coach who refused to put him back in. They used to eat dinner frequently at Russell's house when Wilt's teams would come to play in Boston.

Some guys like Laimbeer and Bird couldn't be overly friendly with opponents (Mahorn said he was actually hurt that Laimbeer cut contact with him once Detroit let Rick go), and Riley didn't like his players hanging out with guys on other teams. But Magic was close friends with Mark Aguirre. Before their falling out, he was close with Isiah and they used to make out before on the court before their finals games. Isiah and Aguirre were close friends. Magic was also friends with DJ, but they stopped hanging out once DJ went to Boston. Dr. J invited Magic to workout with him before Magic's first year and was an advisor of sorts.

Jordan was good friends with Barkley and Ewing.

Goldrush25
12-26-2013, 11:01 PM
In reality, not message boards, but real life, plenty of people like both players. I like both players, which is to say I like watching them play. All of that "alpha" and "beta" and that other crap is for the birds. I have no interest in evaluating NBA players personalities.