PDA

View Full Version : Wade Has Turned Himself Into The Best Off Ball Player In The Game

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:13 AM
In NBA history, I have NEVER seen a top of his era ball dominant player change his game and become dominant off the ball, Wade has done that over the last 2 seasons and I think dude deserves some props for it. There is no other guard or perimeter player in the league who scores so much off cuts and and secondary breaks like Wade does. Wade has prob taken less than 20 spot up 3's in his career, but even the few times he has caught the rock out there this year he has made his 3's and I expect this part of his game to get better also (Wade never took EASY 3pt attempts and I think it affected his ability to become a good 3pt shooter if all of them were pull ups off the dribble). I mean, just look at this shit right here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpZXLfbbss‎

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbgpsc-SDk‎

I made this thread just to notify dudes of how great of a player Wade has been over this era, but answer me this real quick??????

How many players in the NBA since technology has been on the rise, has as many different types of highlight reels as Wade. Dude has the GOAT crossover reel, the GOAT shotblocking reel (for perimeter players), one of the GOAT acrobatic finishes reel, a reel for eurosteps, a reel for spin moves, a reel for windmill layups, a reel for splitting the double, now dude has a reel for off ball finishes. If Wade has not been the most exciting player over the last decade, I dont know what to tell you.

NumberSix
12-26-2013, 09:16 AM
You never heard of Michael Jordan, huh?

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:29 AM
You never heard of Michael Jordan, huh?
MJ retired 10 years ago bruh, and yes, MJ would be the only person ahead of Wade as far as excitement goes. MJ was also a great off ball player, thats why I said in the last decade bruh.

dr.hee
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM
How many players in the NBA since technology has been on the rise, has as many different types of highlight reels as Wade.

That's the best indicator of a player's greatness...Youtube highlight reels. I've seen many Wade games, but I really should check out clips of some Wade dunks with mediocre hiphop beats in the background, so I can finally rate him appropriately. Thanks for enlightening us:applause:

andgar923
12-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Here I am thinking he was gonna be hitting mid range elbow jumpers coming off curls, but instead it's just layups. I was thinking it was gonna be Rip Hamilton 2.0 but it was just Cedric Ceballos 2.0

Not impressed one bit.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:33 AM
That's the best indicator of a player's greatness...Youtube highlight reels. I've seen many Wade games, but I really should check out clips of some Wade dunks with mediocre hiphop beats in the background, so I can finally rate him appropriately. Thanks for enlightening us:applause:
Man STFU. WTF does the reels have to do with dudes greatness. I used the reels for the "excitement" point I made at the end of my post. **** outta here wit yo dumbass replies. Nobody ever said shit about reels being an indicator of skill **** boy.

moe94
12-26-2013, 09:34 AM

All dude was saying is that Wade is liable to have a highlight in every fashion there is. :biggums:

Good job attacking his actual post, though.

Here I am thinking he was gonna be hitting mid range elbow jumpers coming off curls, but instead it's just layups. I was thinking it was gonna be Rip Hamilton 2.0 but it was just Cedric Ceballos 2.0

Not impressed one bit.

Not sure if serious, but watching dudes hit jumpers is by far the most boring aspect of basketball.

I mean, are you saying Rip is more fun to watch than Wade? Too funny.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:35 AM

Not impressed one bit.
He gets them, not on a rip level but he does get the elbow jumpers. Rip comes nowhere close when it comes to cutting to the basket and thats much more important than midrange catch and shoots.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:36 AM
All dude was saying is that Wade is liable to have a highlight in every fashion there is. :biggums:

Good job attacking his actual post, though.

Not sure if serious, but watching dudes hit jumpers is by far the most boring aspect of basketball.

I mean, are you saying Rip is more fun to watch than Wade? Too funny.
This. Good lookin bruh

Frozen1
12-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Too many salty haters here.

K Xerxes
12-26-2013, 09:43 AM
No way, he stands in the corner for half of the time he's on the court and takes advantage of people doubling off to make cuts/drive/draw fouls because he's a liability long range shooter.

Most of his points still actually come off isos/post ups, which I give him credit for. But he's definitely not the best off ball player in the game. Are you high?

Overdrive
12-26-2013, 09:44 AM
MJ retired 10 years ago bruh, and yes, MJ would be the only person ahead of Wade as far as excitement goes. MJ was also a great off ball player, thats why I said in the last decade bruh.

Didn't know the last decade is the history of the NBA.

In NBA history, I have NEVER seen a top of his era ball dominant player change his game and become dominant off the ball, Wade has done that over the last 2 seasons and I think dude deserves some props for it. There is no other guard or perimeter player in the league who scores so much off cuts and and secondary breaks like Wade does. Wade has prob taken less than 20 spot up 3's in his career, but even the few times he has caught the rock out there this year he has made his 3's and I expect this part of his game to get better also (Wade never took EASY 3pt attempts and I think it affected his ability to become a good 3pt shooter if all of them were pull ups off the dribble). I mean, just look at this shit right here[...]

dr.hee
12-26-2013, 09:49 AM

This.

Also, as far as off the ball movement goes. Besides Jordan, I'd also rate these guys higher than Wade

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/01.02.12_RayAllen3.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130203094012/basketball/de/images/c/c9/Larry_Bird.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x2nt9AmcZKw/SxgC80HWVoI/AAAAAAAAC6c/ZJRyYgPg3W4/s400/Allen-Iverson.jpg

And the responses gonna show who of the kids on this site actually saw Iverson play.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I didnt know MJ had to change his role in his career.............. Cause he didnt, dumbass. I used NBA history in the 1st sentence, can any of you ****ers read. Re read the 1st sentence you dumbasses, my god internet ****** are the worse readers in the world. You **** boys do nothing but read shit online all damn day, and still cant understand basic statements smmfh.

HiphopRelated
12-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Once he can consistently hit the spot up corner 3, he'll basically have everything he needs.

His post game is flawless, midrange is back, his off ball cuts are always well timed.

Wade will be putting up 20ppg well into his 30s once the knees give him some justice. Luckily there hasn't be structural damage.

moe94
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
I didnt know MJ had to change his game in his career.............. Cause he didnt, dumbass. I used NBA history in the 1st sentence, can any of you ****ers read. Re read the 1st sentence you dumbasses, my god internet ****** are the worse readers in the world. You **** boys do nothing but read shit online all damn day, and still cant understand basic statements smmfh.

They're coming for you. :eek:

Overdrive
12-26-2013, 10:05 AM
I didnt know MJ had to change his game in his career.............. Cause he didnt, dumbass. I used NBA history in the 1st sentence, can any of you ****ers read. Re read the 1st sentence you dumbasses, my god internet ****** are the worse readers in the world. You **** boys do nothing but read shit online all damn day, and still cant understand basic statements smmfh.

Pre and post retirement MJ were basically two different players.

AI was brought into the league as a PG and changed into an SG who could play great off the ball.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Once he can consistently hit the spot up corner 3, he'll basically have everything he needs.

His post game is flawless, midrange is back, his off ball cuts are always well timed.

Wade will be putting up 20ppg well into his 30s once the knees give him some justice. Luckily there hasn't be structural damage.
Yeah, I agree. The crazy part, right now dude is still looking hella athletic. ****** dont realize Wade is a huge 2 guard, he is still extremely athletic for his size. I had doubts the last 2 seasons, thinking the "injuries" were an excuse and he was really falling off, but he looks hella quick this season so I guess he was not lying.

I just hope to be able to watch at least 3 more years of a 20-5-5 50% D Wade.

dr.hee
12-26-2013, 10:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/BLkylVU.gif

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Pre and post retirement MJ were basically two different players.

AI was brought into the league as a PG and changed into an SG who could play great off the ball.
Not change his game like that, im a MJ stan *****, I know all 3 MJ's were different. I mean change his role, my bad. Wades role changing was the reason he had to change his game.

dr.hee
12-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Not change his game like that, im a MJ stan *****, I know all 3 MJ's were different. I mean change his role, my bad. Wades role changing was the reason he had to change his game.

Wade changed his game because of knee issues. He simply can't do his prime 1 vs 1 stuff anymore on a consistent basis. Otherwise he would. Especially when Lebron is on the bench, but he simply can't do it all the time.

detroitdogg
12-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Wade changed his game because of knee issues. He simply can't do his prime 1 vs 1 stuff anymore on a consistent basis. Otherwise he would. Especially when Lebron is on the bench, but he simply can't do it all the time.
Fasho. He has been doing plenty of it this year though, and if he keeps it up all year I guess we can chalk it up to the knees the last 2 seasons.

Is Wade requesting the rest this year or is it just coaching being careful (dont think necessary). I aint seen him ever seeming mad about it so i guess he is OK with it, but in a contract year I dont think its the best idea unless necessary.

The Heat have looked great with Wade on the floor and no Bron unlike last year and the healthy Wade is every bit as good as Lebron minus 4 inches lol. Hope he keeps this up all season.

red1
12-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah he improved a lot in that regard. Their first year together they used to take turns going iso but now they actually have a team concept and wade's off-ball play is one of the reasons why. Ray allen has been better for the heat than i thought he'd be as well

dr.hee
12-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Ray allen has been better for the heat than i thought he'd be as well

I can see him play in his 40s honestly. On a talented team he just needs to spot up and will get some nice looks every game. Dude also is a true professional, so conditioning won't be an issue. I don't like him playing for the Heat, but you have to respect the guy for the work he's putting in. People also forget how good he actually was in his prime.

moe94
12-26-2013, 10:51 AM
People also forget how good he actually was in his prime.

Boston fans got mad over him leaving like he was some Celtic great. They said he "ring chased". :facepalm

He will be more known as a Celtics and a Heat player now. :facepalm

derb2k2
12-26-2013, 11:32 AM
a certified NBA legend and the most underrated player ever of any sport. For those of us who've seen him since his rookie year in a Heat uniform, all I can say is that he's made us so grateful. I'll let the haters keep on bashing him in this thread because that only confirms how great he is.

DWYANE WADE all day baby! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Overdrive
12-26-2013, 09:57 PM

That way for sure, but it's very rare that one superstar is joined by another even better. btw no diss against Wade he's one of my favs of the post 2000-era.