PDA

View Full Version : Is this Blazers team for real?

D.J.
12-27-2013, 02:47 AM
Just beat the Clippers and are now 24-5. They've also beaten the Spurs, Pacers, Thunder, and Houston pretty convincingly for the most part. I don't think anyone is really surprised they're a winning team, but 24-5 and at least a tie for the best record in the league is rather shocking. What is this team's ceiling? Are they a legit #1 or 2 seed? Can they take down San Antonio, OKC, the Clippers, or Houston in a 7 game series?

Spaulding
12-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Nah. Def playoff though. They rely on jumpshots a lot and their D is not too good.

Alan Ogg
12-27-2013, 02:52 AM
It's time to accept they are for real : )

Inferno
When they beat the Spurs, Pacer, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, and Warriors, you can't keep on denying their talent. Definitely a top 3-5 team in the West. D is iffy though.

Thechosen1
clippers lost that game more than the blazers won it

Illuminati
Meh, they beat OKC and Pacers on the second night of a back-to-back. They just beat the Clippers on the second night of a back-to-back also. They play my Heatles on Saturday and that'll be another second night of a back-to-back.

D.J.
Nah. Def playoff though. They rely on jumpshots a lot and their D is not too good.

Iffy bench too, but not even the most optimistic Blazer homers could predict this.

Inferno
12-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Meh, they beat OKC and Pacers on the second night of a back-to-back. They just beat the Clippers on the second night of a back-to-back also. They play my Heatles on Saturday and that'll be another second night of a back-to-back.

They were on a b2b when they beat the Pacers.

TexasBloodMoney
12-27-2013, 02:57 AM
They are a real NBA franchise last time I checked.

D.J.
12-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Funny thing is they lost 2 of 3 to Phoenix. So take them out of the picture, they're 23-3 against the rest of the league. :bowdown:

Illuminati
12-27-2013, 02:59 AM
They were on a b2b when they beat the Pacers.

Oh, didn't know that. :cheers:

Inferno
Oh, didn't know that. :cheers:

:cheers:

Fudge
:oldlol:

DMAVS41
12-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Don't see them as a legit threat to win the title on paper. Weak defense and lackluster depth could really hurt them come playoff time.

However, they definitely have enough to win the title if they just all got hot for 6 weeks in the playoffs. So in that sense they are real, but the well rounded teams like the Thunder, Spurs, Heat, and Pacers would and should be favored over them in a series.

Illuminati
12-27-2013, 03:04 AM
:oldlol:

What?:confusedshrug:

I.R.Beast
12-27-2013, 03:43 AM
They are a surprise team, and they are catching teams by surprise. They jack too many 3s and rely to heavily on perimeter shooting...I can't see them being hot the entire season from the field..they will get tossed out in the first round of the playoffs most likely .

they better hope they dont run into the suns in the first round...the suns cool them off...all the time.

RoseCity07
12-27-2013, 04:19 AM
They are a surprise team, and they are catching teams by surprise. They jack too many 3s and rely to heavily on perimeter shooting...I can't see them being hot the entire season from the field..they will get tossed out in the first round of the playoffs most likely .

they better hope they dont run into the suns in the first round...the suns cool them off...all the time.

Such a fantasy. We are getting every single teams best play and they still don't win. Every team wants to beat the Blazers. No excuses.

ABfor3
12-27-2013, 04:25 AM
This team is well balanced, got good post presence with LMA , and Lopez (he's been playing surprisingly well), while having a good 1-2 punch at the point with Lillard and Williams, along with tough role players that can shoot like Batum and Mathews. Thomas Robinson finally finding his groove in RIP City, he and Freeland give depth in the paint. This team is built to last , I can honestly see them going to the Western Conference finals but I'm not sold on them beating a Spurs or Thunder team best out of 7

BlazerRed
12-27-2013, 04:28 AM
Rip City bitches :rockon:

KeylessEntry
12-27-2013, 04:38 AM
They kind of remind me of the Dallas team that won in 2011. I would not give these blazers very good odds of winning the championship, but if Lamarcus continues to play at such a high level and the 3pt shooters get hot at the right time, anything is possible.

DStebb716
12-27-2013, 04:42 AM
They're a giant killer. I could see them take down a big dog in the playoffs, but I don't think they're legit contenders if they end up having to play two or three elite teams. If they can get a top seed and then get lucky with the way other series go then I could see them making a run. Otherwise, they'll at least give everybody they face a hard time.

senelcoolidge
12-27-2013, 06:08 AM
I think they are real as in they are a good team. They are a team that should be respected. But I don't think they are title contenders. I still would rank the Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers ahead of them. They have beaten some good teams, but overall they have not had a strong schedule. Also they are not a strong defensive team, that might bite them.

b0bab0i
12-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Such a fantasy. We are getting every single teams best play and they still don't win. Every team wants to beat the Blazers. No excuses.
Redick is still injured for us.
It's like taking away batum for you guys.

East_Stone_Ya
12-27-2013, 06:34 AM
if they beat Heat tomorrow then they are legit contenders

RoseCity07
12-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Redick is still injured for us.
It's like taking away batum for you guys.

Portland is missing their first round pick who killed in summer league. He's supposed to be a great three point shooter. I know he's going to make this team better.

andremiller07
12-27-2013, 08:21 AM
They beat the Clippers with both LMA and Lillard having sub par games, while Blake Griffin had one of the best offensive games of his career and CP3 controlled the game for the most part.

Team is impressive and they got 5 clutch shot makers on one squad that's just ****ing crazy.

dbugz
12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Dear Blazers Fans,

Enjoy it because it won't last that long.

Yours Trully,
Blazers Curse

All Net
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
How many times will this be asked? Of course they are.

We are 30 games in.. Likely top 3 seed

LakersForlife
12-27-2013, 09:56 AM
yah. 2014 champs book it

hawkfan
12-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes, this team is for real.
Terry Stotts, former Hawks coach, has done a fantastic job.

Pra
12-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Indeed :cheers:

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Portland is missing their first round pick who killed in summer league. He's supposed to be a great three point shooter. I know he's going to make this team better.

LOL @ McCollum killing the Summer League. First of all, who gives a shit about the Summer League, do I have to remind you of all the guys who amounted to zero in the NBA but "killed it" in the Summer League?
Second of all, he had good bulk stats, but his shooting percentages were terrible. For a "great three point" shooter, he shot 31% in the Summer League.
That sure bodes well for his three point shooting against much superior competition.

There is literally zero comparison between not having JJ Reddick ,and not having CJ McCollum.

Clutch
12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
If "for real" means are they a championship contender then my answer is NO.

They rely way too much on outside shots and their defense isn't anything special. Also they have one of the worst benches in basketball.

I like the Blazers and they're fun to watch but 2nd round is as far as they can get (and that's if they keep up their good play,take one of the top seeds and avoid some of the better teams in the West).

DMAVS41
12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
If "for real" means are they a championship contender then my answer is NO.

They rely way too much on outside shots and their defense isn't anything special. Also they have one of the worst benches in basketball.

I like the Blazers and they're fun to watch but 2nd round is as far as they can get (and that's if they keep up their good play,take one of the top seeds and avoid some of the better teams in the West).

Yea...they have to get a top 2 seed or it could be trouble for them. The 3rd seed in the West is likely going to have to play the Rockets or Warriors. Way harder than Mavs/Nuggets/Suns/Wolves imo.

OmniStrife
12-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Not if they have to play the Suns in the 1st round. :oldlol:

RidonKs
12-27-2013, 01:23 PM
i'm with most people in this thread. i don't trust aldridge and lillard is too young. they're a really well-rounded team but they need an upgrade at one of the wings to really put them up in the top tier. at the moment they're unproven especially on defense.

lopez and williams have both proven to be fantastic additions though. especially lopez, he really outplayed jordan last night who had a pretty good game.

All Net
12-27-2013, 01:24 PM
OKC is the only team out west who I don't think they could beat. They match up great with Spurs and with hca could surprise them.

They may be a year away from getting to conference finals though.

RidonKs
12-27-2013, 01:27 PM
i'm hoping for a matchup with golden state in the first round which i think is a good possibility. spurs/thunder will be 1-2, then blazers, rockets/clips at 4-5, then warriors. such incredible atmospheres in both those arenas, great potential there.

b0bab0i
12-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Adam Morison was beasting during summer league, but no one signed him.
:(

RedBlackAttack
12-27-2013, 10:14 PM
i'm hoping for a matchup with golden state in the first round which i think is a good possibility. spurs/thunder will be 1-2, then blazers, rockets/clips at 4-5, then warriors. such incredible atmospheres in both those arenas, great potential there.
GSW-Portland would be an incredible matchup. Probably the two most entertaining teams in the league, along with San Antonio.

Lillard-Curry
Mathews-Thompson
Batum-Iggy
LMA-Lee

Oh my...