PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me why Lebron James isn't the unanimous MVP so far

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:12 AM
see a lot of people putting KD and shit. tell me your reasoning. (serious thread)

Twiens
12-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Similar stats
Better record
Worse teammates

Easy

NumberSix
12-27-2013, 03:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcZEhT8CIAATBwH.jpg:large

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:15 AM
Similar stats to who? Is there another perimeter player shooting close to 60%?

BasedTom
12-27-2013, 03:19 AM
He wasn't even player of the game. Wade and Bosh both played better during that game.

An MVP award for one day where the majority of the league isn't even playing? Is there even an actual trophy for that award? I wonder if there's going to be a Dr.Martin Luther King Day MVP award and a Groundhog Day MVP too

reppy
12-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Jameer is back!

Anyway, Durant has as good a case as anyone. His team is kicking ass in the tougher Western conference and is the best player on his team.

LeBron is gettin' it done too, so I'm not taking anything away from him.

Ca$H
12-27-2013, 03:23 AM
see a lot of people putting KD and shit. tell me your reasoning. (serious thread)

Shaq-1 Iverson-1 Why should Shaq get penalized but not LeBron?

Illuminati
12-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Jameer is back!

Anyway, Durant has as good a case as anyone. His team is kicking ass in the tougher Western conference and is the best player on his team.

All 6 of Miami's losses are from East teams. If Miami was in the West, they'd be kicking ass too.

The only case Durant has right now is a better record.

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Jameer is back!

Yep :D
I think that the matchup between the two teams is going to be big in the voting, however I don't see how he isn't the outright best atm. Voters fatigue I'd say. I wouldn't be mad if KD won though.

JBrizzy
12-27-2013, 03:32 AM
I don't think there is a clear cut MVP. There's a few players playing great.

To answer your question why he isn't the unanimous MVP, well if one person anywhere thinks someone else is more deserving than technically it's not unanimous.

Mr. Jabbar
12-27-2013, 03:32 AM
he was top 5 in the race but with dat xmas mvp, you gotta go with bran

reppy
12-27-2013, 03:33 AM
All 6 of Miami's losses are from East teams. If Miami was in the West, they'd be kicking ass too.

The only case Durant has right now is a better record.

What about strength of schedule? OKC's is ranked 8th, whereas Miami's is ranked 25th.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, OKC's schedule has been tougher so far.

Regardless, it's still really close. I won't be upset or surprised if LeBron wins again.

NumberSix
12-27-2013, 03:33 AM
If there was a player with LeBron's numbers other than LeBron, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:36 AM
If there was a player with LeBron's numbers other than LeBron, this wouldn't even be a discussion.
Good point.

fpliii
12-27-2013, 03:36 AM

I'm as big a Shaq fan as you'll find, but feuding with Kobe in 00-01 sealed his fate:

[QUOTE="Shaq"]When the dog is fed, he

Scholar
12-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Not sure, but I bet OP thinks the reasoning has something to do with Anthony Davis' dick.

AintNoSunshine
12-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Sorry Jameer, I can't..

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Not sure, but I bet OP thinks the reasoning has something to do with Anthony Davis' dick.
i think you guys misinterpreted the meaning of that thread. AD is fvcking ugly. Curry on the other hand...

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Sorry Jameer, I can't..
y?

NumberSix
12-27-2013, 03:49 AM
y?
Because there is no legitimate reason.

ABfor3
12-27-2013, 03:52 AM
The stats LeBron is putting up are out of this world, he's clear cut for MVP.. I don't think there's any discussion at this point.

NumberSix
12-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Is there anyone who honestly thinks Cris Paul is a legit MVP contender?

ABfor3
12-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Is there anyone who honestly thinks Cris Paul is a legit MVP contender?
No, cliff Paul has more of a chance winning then he does.http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cliff-paul-e1356463855698.jpg

AintNoSunshine
12-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Because there is no legitimate reason.

Yeah

ripthekik
12-27-2013, 04:16 AM
jameer :facepalm

kamil
12-27-2013, 04:19 AM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/HH73/lebron-s-stupid-celebration/image.png

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 04:22 AM
jameer :facepalm
???

Marchesk
12-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Why does FG% trump everything else? How about taking stats in context? Lebron's in a great position to be very efficient. Looks like the entire starting Heat team is set up to be efficient.

knicksman
12-27-2013, 05:00 AM

The world is full of people with average to below average IQ

Nash
12-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Also people shouldn't forget that Lebron has Wade taking off a bunch of games every month.

I<3NBA
12-27-2013, 07:28 AM
because fk him, we're tired of him winning MVPs.

leMVP
12-27-2013, 07:35 AM
He's in his own universe right now, perimeter player shootin' 60% and putting 25 ppg??? and shootin' 42% from 3s while leading his team every night to top 3 record in the league while playing less minutes than his other competitors?

That's madness!!!!

Doranku
12-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Durant has been better and it's really not close. Better numbers. better team record... how is this even an argument?

Because LeBron cherry picks every shot he takes and shoots a high %? Give me a break. That style of play hurt him in the finals against the Spurs because when a team took away the few spots that he deems worthy to shoot from, he was like a lost puppy out there.

Almost cost Miami ANOTHER ring, but luckily he's playing on the most stacked team in the league and had Ray Allen bail his ass out.

Lebron23
12-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Durant has been better and it's really not close. Better numbers. better team record... how is this even an argument?

Because LeBron cherry picks every shot he takes and shoots a high %? Give me a break. That style of play hurt him in the finals against the Spurs because when a team took away the few spots that he deems worthy to shoot from, he was like a lost puppy out there.

Almost cost Miami ANOTHER ring, but luckily he's playing on the most stacked team in the league and had Ray Allen bail his ass out.

Are you an idiot?? The spurs shutdown all of the star players in the western conference. You might as well check the FG% of Gasol, Randolph, and Curry against them.

Durant was also leading the MVP race in the first half of the season until Lebron outplayed him in their head to head matchup, and Lebron had a great run at the end of the season.

Doranku
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Are you an idiot?? The spurs shutdown all of the star players in the western conference. You might as well check the FG% of Gasol, Randolph, and Curry against them.

Durant was also leading the MVP race in the first half of the season until Lebron outplayed him in their head to head matchup, and Lebron had a great run at the end of the season.
:roll:

Lebron23
12-27-2013, 08:17 AM
:roll:

Marc Gasol.

RidonKs
12-27-2013, 10:00 AM
i think it's time to spread it around. he's still the best in the league but that's not the sole criteria for MVP and never has been.

he's won every accolade under the sun and two championships now, so he's taking it easy during the regular season. for whoever used it above, cherry picking actually is the right word but it's not a bad thing. his entire game is very selective this season, choosing his spots wisely because he knows he can. he's taking fewer shots than he ever has in his career. playing fewer minutes than he ever has in his career. numbers are down across the board. and the team keeps winning so who gives a fk?

unless he goes on some ridiculous tear, they'll probably look elsewhere. durant is the obvious choice, and paul george will get mentioned, but i might be inclined to give it to cp3 if that team wins 55+. he's in a tough situation imo. that whole team just lacks fire... apart from barnes and maybe dj this year. the bench is now among the very worst in the league with reddick out and crawford starting. griffin still has a lot to prove.

and because its his 3rd year there, without even sniffing the conference finals, the organization is wrestless. he's played with a huge chip on his shoulder all season, sometimes watching him it feels like he just puts the team on his shoulders. partly just perception cuz we aren't used to seeing him score so much but still. those last two losses must have absolutely destroyed him.

so there's your explanation.

Ken_Masters
12-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Similar stats
Better record
Worse teammates

Easy

This

Ken_Masters
12-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Similar stats to who? Is there another perimeter player shooting close to 60%?

Wade and Bosh are also shooting over 50 percent. James is shooting that percentage because his team is stacked and no one can be double teamed, which makes the feat less impressive.

Fudge
12-27-2013, 02:49 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/HH73/lebron-s-stupid-celebration/image.png
That's fcking hilarious. :oldlol:

dunksby
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Kevin Durant.

Fudge
12-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Kevin Durant.
And this is why.

Because Kevin Durant.

SilkkTheShocker
12-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Kevin Durant.

You mean the Kevin Durant that LeBron wipes his ass with every time they play? :oldlol: I can't wait for LeBron to roll into hick ass OKC again and steal KD's MVP hype again

SilkkTheShocker
12-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Wade in the 2013 playoffs: 15ppg (hurt)

Bosh in the 2013 playoffs: 12ppg and destroyed on defense all postseason

Reggie Miller called them the "Miami Cavaliers" at one point

STACKED :oldlol:

DMAVS41
12-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Durant would be my choice right now, but it's basically a toss up between him and Durant.

Nobody else has any argument. Not Paul George, not CP3, and definitely not LMA.

I hope Durant gets it, but my guess is that Lebron gets it again this year if things stay the same.

Fudge
12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Silkk catching feelings so quick doe. :roll: Awwww

Solefade
12-27-2013, 03:14 PM
lebron's gotta have a way better season this year than he did previous years. the only way to overcome voter fatigue.

inclinerator
12-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Why does FG% trump everything else? How about taking stats in context? Lebron's in a great position to be very efficient. Looks like the entire starting Heat team is set up to be efficient.
so does durant, he has ibaka, westbrook, perkins, jackson, lamb
plus he's a better shooter, he should be hitting those open jumpers

funnystuff
12-27-2013, 03:38 PM
This. This. This. This.

branslowski
12-27-2013, 06:24 PM

Truth.com:applause:

Would also like to add that Durant has been more dominant in games this year, while LeBron can finish games with 18 and 20pts with 6reb 7ast (Rondo, Kidd numbers) but cherry pick fgs and shoot 6/9 and media swears he's the next coming of Christ.

Durant has 7 30-5-5 type games compared to LeBron's 3....Durant murdering Bron in ppg and rebounds, and most importantly he's playing in a stronger conference. This isn't even debatable really.

All Net
12-27-2013, 07:08 PM
With Westbrook out chances are Miami gets better record than thunder. And record could be the deciding factor.

Mass Debator
12-27-2013, 07:11 PM
With Westbrook out chances are Miami gets better record than thunder. And record could be the deciding factor.
Pretty much this. The record should be the deciding factor between the two.

jrong
12-27-2013, 08:23 PM
OKC has the best record, and KD's numbers are within range. If he can keep them winning without Russ, then he should nose out ahead even further.

Also LeBron isn't dominant this year, except in the sense that efficiency can work as a form of dominance. He's playing great team ball, but his numbers are lower, (particularly when Wade plays-- over their last 10 games, James is averaging 24 ppg on the strength of that 38 pt game without Wade, while Wade is at 23 ppg) so it is what it is.

As far as James shooting 60%, Wade is shooting 55%, so let's not pretend like Heat shooting percentages aren't juiced. Wade and James didn't bump their shooting by five and ten percentage points from their pre-Decision 50% norms (which were still great) based on improvement alone. It has a lot to do with the team they're on, and the kind of looks they get as a result. Hell, inefficient players like Harden and Westbrook could probably shoot close to 50% on the Heat.