PDA

View Full Version : Rondo to Knicks in the works! w/ link

Knicksfever2010
12-27-2013, 11:34 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24388230/report-knicks-plan-is-to-have-rajon-rondo-force-a-trade-to-new-york

cos88
12-27-2013, 11:36 AM
if you were rondo why would you leave boston for the knicks? and force a trade :confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
12-27-2013, 11:36 AM
aka knicks bout to do something dumb again
also why would rondo want to go to nyc?

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-27-2013, 11:38 AM
What the hell do the Knicks have that Boston would really want anyway?
Tim Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert whose value is lower than ever?

Maybe Dolan can sign off on a trade to send the Knicks 2015, 2017, and 2019 first round draft picks. Plus with an option to pick swap in the even years.

Billy King got it done, le'go Knicks Front Office!

Uncle Drew
12-27-2013, 11:53 AM
They scared now.

hawksdogsbraves
12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
What the hell do the Knicks have that Boston would really want anyway?
Tim Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert whose value is lower than ever?

Maybe Dolan can sign off on a trade to send the Knicks 2015, 2017, and 2019 first round draft picks. Plus with an option to pick swap in the even years.

Billy King got it done, le'go Knicks Front Office!

Nothing, that's the point. The article says that the Knicks are going to somehow convince Rondo to be a huge dick and ruin his own reputation by refusing to play and refusing to be traded anywhere but to the Knicks. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to anyone but self-entitled New Yorkers.

Foster5k
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Knicks are basically in panic mode. They know if they don't do something quick, Melo is jumping ship. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Either way, I'm not saying whatever they're trying to do will end up working. I'm just saying they're taking any and all measures to try to get something done before they get even worse.

salwan
12-27-2013, 12:08 PM
:coleman:

Knicksfever2010
12-27-2013, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o

CelticBaller
12-27-2013, 12:50 PM
After that 40 point beat down? :oldlol:

Carmelo to the Celtics is more probable

Beatlezz
12-27-2013, 12:59 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Knicks are delusional as fukk..

Brokenbeat
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Hardly "in the works!" unless you count pure pipe.

Knicks done lost they minds. :roll: :facepalm

ballup
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
What are they going to do, voodoo?

kamil
12-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Rondo's not going to save the Knicks from an epic failure season, regardless of how great of a point guard he is. I'd like to see him go to the Pacers and finally have the Heat get taken out. Colluding bastards need to know what its like being CHEATED out of a championship.

Dro
12-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Knicks :lol

longtime lurker
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Not only is this possibly the dumbest "plan" I've ever heard it can't work because of a word that starts with T and rhymes with ampering

mans1ay3r
12-27-2013, 01:57 PM
:lol

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 01:57 PM
This is a plan? This is "in the works?" This is something someone thought was worth leaking?

If this is at all true then they have started a case for tampering. That's all I see here. They better not put out any more of these useless leaks. Why would they tell this stupid crap to anyone?

Normally I would be like, "this is too stupid." But then again, this is a team that gave away a roster spot to keep JR Smith happy. What a mess.

longtime lurker
12-27-2013, 01:59 PM
This is a plan? This is "in the works?" This is something someone thought was worth leaking?

If this is at all true then they have started a case for tampering. That's all I see here. They better not put out any more of these useless leaks. Why would they tell this stupid crap to anyone?

Normally I would be like, "this is too stupid." But then again, this is a team that gave away a roster spot to keep JR Smith happy. What a mess.

Well it's not like the Knicks actually care about losing draft picks :lol

Bibby4Three
12-27-2013, 02:11 PM
In the works!!! Lets gooo!

ProfessorMurder
12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Learn what 'in the works' means, you jag.

That's all conjecture, and it's f*cking stupid. What assets does Ainge want from them? They've got no good young guys and no picks.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Learn what 'in the works' means, you jag.

That's all conjecture, and it's f*cking stupid. What assets does Ainge want from them? They've got no good young guys and no picks.
Judging from the way the team is run he should absolutely accept future firsts. And as they don't care about them, make them give up 5.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Well it's not like the Knicks actually care about losing draft picks :lol
I've decided I don't believe this. It's just too stupid.

BlackVVaves
12-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Judging from the way the team is run he should absolutely accept future firsts. And as they don't care about them, make them give up 5.

If the Knicks offered an unprotected in 2015, top 5 protected in 2017, Hardaway, Shump, and whoever else they can muster up to make a turd look presentable.

Would you deem that trade permissible?

BlackVVaves
12-27-2013, 02:41 PM
The Knicks utter desperation is a sight for sore eyes. The fact that this prospective tampering is being leaked is beyond bemusing. They are going to convince Rondo to hold out on the team with the better franchise, better current front office, and better future as it pertains to the direction the team is going, and force his way to the barn burner that is the Knicks?

This is stuff for the big screen I tell ya.

R.I.P.
12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
I think Rondo wants to be a guy like Kobe, Timmah and Dirk, who plays his whole career for one team. He already has his ring. The team is looking decent without him. They

Bandito
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Do it Dolan!!!! Pleassee just do it....:(

Rameek
12-27-2013, 03:05 PM
This is the worst part of journalism. Some writer gets an idea or hears something.

Nothing in that freaking article cites one varified source or credible source. This Chris Broussard type of writing.

According to
According to league sources, the Knicks' first prong is to try to attract the Celtics' Rajon Rondo.

Then this fool Matt Moore just spouts a bunch of BS but because he said according to league sources this crap gets believed.

Some people in this forum are idiots.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 03:59 PM
If the Knicks offered an unprotected in 2015, top 5 protected in 2017, Hardaway, Shump, and whoever else they can muster up to make a turd look presentable.

Would you deem that trade permissible?
I like Hardaway but the Cs don't need more SGs. I think Ainge would do it if Rondo were actually forcing a trade but not otherwise. Being more serious a Rondo/Melo duo would keep the Knicks out of the lottery.

imdaman99
12-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Fck rondo. This guy wasn't even a lottery pick. And then the Knicks wanna trade for him with multiple 1st round picks??? They don't even know how he'll play. Are we forgetting how very average the Celtics were with him last year before he got hurt? Yes the Knicks suck, but fck it. Rebuild the right way (with no draft picks, sigh)

This is a ridiculous thread from a horrible poster from a stupid article.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Fck rondo. This guy wasn't even a lottery pick.
Yeah, he's only an All-Star. Now Bargnani, he is a lottery pick. Good job.

niko
12-27-2013, 04:15 PM
How is this "in the works?"

BlackVVaves
12-27-2013, 04:51 PM

:lol

MetsPackers
12-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Dolan pls get rondo

imdaman99
12-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Didn't even draft Bargs, so your post means shit to me.

Rondo is an all star, but he wasn't drafted in the lottery. So he ain't worth any of the Knicks lottery picks (whatever they even have left :oldlol: ) Keep your Rondo. As a Knicks fan, I don't want him.

kamil
12-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Dolan pls get rondo

You're better off playing the lottery than hoping for Dolan to do anything successful with the Knicks.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Didn't even draft Bargs, so your post means shit to me.You are backing up a stupid post with an even dumber one. What's more important, where a player is drafted or how good that player becomes? This isn't exactly deep thinking here.

CelticBaller
12-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Rondo is an all star, but he wasn't drafted in the lottery. So he ain't worth any of the Knicks lottery picks (whatever they even have left :oldlol: ) Keep your Rondo. As a Knicks fan, I don't want him.
What kind of logic is this? Is Bargani worth a #1 pick?

TMT
12-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Didn't Dolan just announce that there would be no trades taking place and that Woodson wouldn't be fired?

Draz
12-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Didn't Dolan just announce that there would be no trades taking place and that Woodson wouldn't be fired?
Yep.

imdaman99
12-27-2013, 06:50 PM
You are backing up a stupid post with an even dumber one. What's more important, where a player is drafted or how good that player becomes? This isn't exactly deep thinking here.
You are arguing something totally different. Bargnani was not the Knicks scouting #1 pick. They did not give up the #1 draft pick for him. Of course what he becomes is more important, but the Knicks are terrible without Rondo, and would be terrible with him. Hold onto him, as a Knicks fan do not want. Plus, he is coming back from an injury, is he even going to be the same player?

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2013, 06:57 PM
You are arguing something totally different. Bargnani was not the Knicks scouting #1 pick. They did not give up the #1 draft pick for him. Of course what he becomes is more important, but the Knicks are terrible without Rondo, and would be terrible with him. Hold onto him, as a Knicks fan do not want. Plus, he is coming back from an injury, is he even going to be the same player?
And that's why your post was silly.

bluechox2
12-27-2013, 07:55 PM
thats usually code for, one of yall getting shipped

ballup
12-27-2013, 09:06 PM
They did give one up for Bargs. Rondo would be worth multiple ones if Bargs is worth 1 to the Knicks.