PDA

View Full Version : Durant is a clear-cut MVP at this point

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 01:00 AM
He's averaging 28.1ppg, 8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.6 stl, 0.9 blks, while shooting 49% from the field and 89% from the line. The Thunder are 24-5, tied for 1st in the Western conference, (the Heat is 22-6) while keeping in mind how tough the western conference is with even the 8th seed Dallas currently owning a 16-13 winning record.

Westbrook also missed a bunch of games in the beginning of the season, and will miss at least another month's worth of games.

How is Durant not MVP? Putting such efficient statistics while carrying the team. He deserves it no question.

Trollsmasher
12-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Aren't those mvps worthless awards though?:confusedshrug:

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Aren't those mvps worthless awards though?:confusedshrug:
When you are awarded them by the media they are pretty worthless. However, when you truly EARN them like KD in this case, they are worthy.

jlip
12-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Let's be real. You don't want Durant to win it. Just as long as Lebron doesn't win it you will be happy.

zoom17
12-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Let's be real. You don't want Durant to win it. Just as long as Lebron doesn't win it you will be happy.

Bingo!!! Its sad really:oldlol:

Inactive
12-28-2013, 01:09 AM
I know you're just trolling Lebron fans, but if the season ended right now, I wouldn't mind Durant being the MVP. Lebron's stats are a little bit better, but Durant's team has a slightly better record against (I assume based on conference, I haven't actually checked) better competition.

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 01:10 AM
I want the deserving player to get it.
KD leading his team to the top in the tough west right now, and without Westbrook?? While putting up those stats??

There's just no argument. None.

NumberSix
12-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I want the deserving player to get it.
KD leading his team to the top in the tough west right now, and without Westbrook?? While putting up those stats??

There's just no argument. None.
Wade has missed more games than Westbrook.

LilEddyCurry
12-28-2013, 01:11 AM
A win against the bobcats without Westbrook makes you clear-cut MVP :applause:

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 01:12 AM
I know you're just trolling Lebron fans, but if the season ended right now, I wouldn't mind Durant being the MVP. Lebron's stats are a little bit better, but Durant's team has a slightly better record against (I assume based on conference, I haven't actually checked) better competition.
Better is not the word. Superior competition is what I would say.

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

The western conference has 9 teams over .500, meaning one team over .500 is actually not in the playoffs, while the East only has 3 teams over .500

Toronto, Charlotte, Washington, Detroit, and Boston are currently in the playoffs right now in the East. What does that say about the East?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Durant needs more team wins like Rose in 2011 otherwise LeBron will get it.

KG215
12-28-2013, 01:20 AM
"A a bunch of games without Westbrook..."

Westbrook has now missed 3 games this season.

Lebron23
12-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Durant with the same number of Regular Season MVP as 18th year veteran Kobe Bryant. This is so amazing.

SpecialQue
12-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Lebron will win it again.

Lebron23
12-28-2013, 01:23 AM
Love to see Durant wins an MVP. He's clearly a better player than Prime Nash and Prime Rose. These Point Guards have zero finals appearance.

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 01:39 AM
KD beat an eastern conference playoff team tonight without Westbrook with 34 points, 12 rebs, and 6 assists while shooting 50%.

Meanwhile without Wade, Lebron disappears in the 2nd half with 3 pts in 2 quarters, including missing the last second clutch shot at the end of the 4th.

Tell me who's MVP?

wally_world
12-28-2013, 01:43 AM
KD beat an eastern conference playoff team tonight without Westbrook with 34 points, 12 rebs, and 6 assists while shooting 50%.

Meanwhile without Wade, Lebron disappears in the 2nd half with 3 pts in 2 quarters, including missing the last second clutch shot at the end of the 4th.

Tell me who's MVP?

This.

Charlotte is 14-16 (47%)
Kings are 8-19 (30%)

TheMarkMadsen
12-28-2013, 01:45 AM

Tell me who's MVP?

Kings came back to win after that first quarter..damn.

No Ray no Wade HEAT win? No way

:durantunimpressed:

Illuminati
12-28-2013, 01:47 AM
He was the clear cut in December last season too, we all know what happened post all-star break. :lol

LeGOAT
12-28-2013, 02:03 AM

Tell me who's MVP?
Yup on this day, December 26th. The MVP race was decided vs the Bobcats

ripthekik
12-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Yup on this day, December 26th. The MVP race was decided vs the Bobcats
Bobcats, the current 5th seed team in the same conference as the Heat.
Bobcats, the team Heat gets to play 4 times per year.
Bobcats, a possible payoff opponent for the Heat.

Yeap, that Bobcats team.

Fudge
12-28-2013, 02:06 AM
He was the clear cut in December last season too, we all know what happened post all-star break. :lol
Read the title. "At this point". You getting riled up about something like this is hilarious.

nathanjizzle
12-28-2013, 02:08 AM
filler stats.

BlackVVaves
12-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Not clear cut, but leading candidate thusfar, yes.

KG215
12-28-2013, 02:23 AM

Tell me who's MVP?
Hey, if you're going to do it go big. Durant also scored 14 points in the 4th quarter and hit several clutch shots down the stretch.

Think we'll all look back at December 27th and remember Durant winning the MVP that night in Charlotte.

knicksman
12-28-2013, 02:29 AM
A win against the bobcats without Westbrook makes you clear-cut MVP :applause:

its better than a loss against the kings:lol

zoom17
12-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Kings came back to win after that first quarter..damn.

No Ray no Wade HEAT win? No way

:durantunimpressed:

no birdman too cousins was killing bosh

zoom17
12-28-2013, 02:32 AM
I will make sure to bump this thread around march because there's no MVP winner in decemberr:oldlol:

RoseCity07
12-28-2013, 03:01 AM
Lebron is better. Every GM in the league is taking Lebron over Durant.

ripthekik
12-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Tell me again how Durant isnt MVP. Lebron? The guy whose team just beat the blazers on their home court without?:oldlol:

russwest0
12-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Water is wet...

Budadiiii
12-29-2013, 02:47 AM
Water is wet...
and Derrick Rose is socially awkward.

comerb
12-29-2013, 05:54 AM
He's averaging 28.1ppg, 8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.6 stl, 0.9 blks, while shooting 49% from the field and 89% from the line.

Lebron is averaging 25.4/7/6 with 1.4spg, while shooting 59.2%(!!) from the field and 40% from 3. On 1.7 minutes less a game. Stats are pretty much the same, Durant scores a little more and Lebron passes a little more. Lebron is more efficient with his touches. Lebron is also the better defender, which doesn't show up as clearly on the stat sheet.

The Thunder are 24-5, tied for 1st in the Western conference, (the Heat is 22-6) while keeping in mind how tough the western conference is with even the 8th seed Dallas currently owning a 16-13 winning record.

Heat are 8-1 vs the West.

Westbrook also missed a bunch of games in the beginning of the season, and will miss at least another month's worth of games.

Wade has missed 3 more games than Westbrook. If Durant puts up huge numbers and keeps winning while Westbrook is out, that will obviously tilt things in his favor, but your reaching into the future and trying to use it as some sort of evidence, which is asinine.

How is Durant not MVP? Putting such efficient statistics while carrying the team. He deserves it no question.

He's definitely right there with Lebron, but your arguments for him being a clearcut frontrunner are half-assed and poorly constructed.

ripthekik
12-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Lebron is averaging 25.4/7/6 with 1.4spg, while shooting 59.2%(!!) from the field and 40% from 3. On 1.7 minutes less a game. Stats are pretty much the same, Durant scores a little more and Lebron passes a little more. Lebron is more efficient with his touches. Lebron is also the better defender, which doesn't show up as clearly on the stat sheet.

Heat are 8-1 vs the West.

Wade has missed 3 more games than Westbrook. If Durant puts up huge numbers and keeps winning while Westbrook is out, that will obviously tilt things in his favor, but your reaching into the future and trying to use it as some sort of evidence, which is asinine.

He's definitely right there with Lebron, but your arguments for him being a clearcut frontrunner are half-assed and poorly constructed.
Talk about poor argument, what does heats record vs the west have to do with anything? They still play mostly east teams which are crap. Thunder play much more tougher Teams daily and still has a better record.

Lebron has efficient stats because his team is stacked.

Oh, did you not get the memo? Heat just best the blazers at their home court without lebron. That's how good they are, with or without lebron. We also saw how good bosh is, this is the kind of help lebron has. Ridiculous. This heat team can reach the ecf even without him. Easily.

comerb
12-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Talk about poor argument, what does heats record vs the west have to do with anything? They still play mostly east teams which are crap. Thunder play much more tougher Teams daily and still has a better record.

You brought up the West because it's filled with tough teams, which the Heat have been dominating. Don't bawl like a baby about it when I call you out on blatant hypocrisy. If you didn't want them to be used as a talking point, your dumb ass shouldn't have brought them up.

Lebron has efficient stats because his team is stacked.

Lots of stacked teams in history... Celtics(80s), Lakers (80s and 00s), Bulls(90s)... all with dominant (top 10 all time) wings and nobody at the wing has been putting up 25+ppg @ 60% from the field with 40% from 3. What's your excuse now?

Oh, did you not get the memo? Heat just best the blazers at their home court without lebron. That's how good they are, with or without lebron. We also saw how good bosh is, this is the kind of help lebron has. Ridiculous. This heat team can reach the ecf even without him. Easily.

And it took a lights out season best performance by Bosh including a clutch rainbow 3 to barely squeak by with a 1 point win. Is this really an argument you're trying to use, cause you sound like an idiot with an agenda... oh wait.

ripthekik
12-29-2013, 08:02 AM
You brought up the West because it's filled with tough teams, which the Heat have been dominating. Don't bawl like a baby about it when I call you out on blatant hypocrisy. If you didn't want them to be used as a talking point, your dumb ass shouldn't have brought them up.

Lots of stacked teams in history... Celtics(80s), Lakers (80s and 00s), Bulls(90s)... all with dominant (top 10 all time) wings and nobody at the wing has been putting up 25+ppg @ 60% from the field with 40% from 3. What's your excuse now?

And it took a lights out season best performance by Bosh including a clutch rainbow 3 to barely squeak by with a 1 point win. Is this really an argument you're trying to use, cause you sound like an idiot with an agenda... oh wait.
It doesn't matter if the heat have been dominating them in those few games. What matters is they play much less games against the good western teams, thats a fact.

The last point, what makes u think that was a lights out performance by Bosh? Without lebron, he might be capable of playing at a high level every night, maybe not like this, but certainly better than the level he plays when with bron.

And yeah, beating them by 1 pt, one of the leagues top teams at their home, thats impressive. I have no idea what your trying to say there. A win is a win.

Little kid, try harder.

ripthekik
01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I will make sure to bump this thread around march because there's no MVP winner in decemberr:oldlol:
i'll bump it for you now. called it 3 weeks ago :oldlol:

pauk
01-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Yep!

Black and White
01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Yep!

And Durant is the best player in the world too :D

Bush4Ever
01-22-2014, 03:35 PM
The only way Lebron would win again is if he was head and shoulders above everyone else. The "Jordan factor" and all that.

Clearly, that is not the case this year within the confines of the regular season to date.

ripthekik
01-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep!
We finally agree on something. I would have to thank you for your 30-5-5 thread as it slowly showed how great KD was.. :applause: :applause:

KG215
01-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Wade has missed more games than Westbrook.
Pretty sure that's not true. OKC is 11-6 without Westbrook. What is Miami's record without Wade?

Never mind, just realized when this thread was started, and at that time Miami had played more games without Wade than OKC without Westbrook. Still, OKC is now 11-6 without Westbrook and I think Miami/LeBron are right around .500 in, what, 13 or 14 games without Wade?

Crafty
01-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure that's not true. OKC is 11-6 without Westbrook. What is Miami's record without Wade?

Never mind, just realized when this thread was started, and at that time Miami had played more games without Wade than OKC without Westbrook. Still, OKC is now 11-6 without Westbrook and I think Miami/LeBron are right around .500 in, what, 13 or 14 games without Wade?
6-6