PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of mirza NOW?

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Months, month and years and years ago I said as long as he gets minutes the guy will shine.

Here goes another prediction

By the end of the season mirza will have a career high of at least 30.

and then you american haters on foreign players will eat your words again.

Bandito
12-28-2013, 09:27 AM
who?

Clutch
12-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I really like Mirza but I hate the Nets. Hopefully he'll go somewhere else so I can root for him to both play well and on a successful team.

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 09:32 AM
I really like Mirza but I hate the Nets. Hopefully he'll go somewhere else so I can root for him to both play well and on a successful team.

i hate the nets too. mirza would be fun too watch on the warriors as a true stetch four.

i can see dallas as well.

LEFT4DEAD
12-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Im stupid and retarded
So you basically posted the same that you can for any other player on the planet. :applause: :applause:

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 09:43 AM
So you basically posted the same that you can for any other player on the planet. :applause: :applause:

i should have added the names kobe or lebron and this thread immediately blows up for no reason.

AirTupac
12-28-2013, 09:50 AM
One of the only bright spots on this Nets team

wang4three
12-28-2013, 10:31 AM
I still can't decide whether I like this guy or not. He's a better version, but his game reminds me of Slava Medvedenko or Vitaly Potapenko. He can score points really fast but then routinely blows defensive assignments and let up as many points as scored.

Hopefully it's just something that can be cleared up with more practice. He could be the bench scorer we've been looking for since Jason Terry is not the player he once was.

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 10:37 AM
I still can't decide whether I like this guy or not. He's a better version, but his game reminds me of Slava Medvedenko or Vitaly Potapenko. He can score points really fast but then routinely blows defensive assignments and let up as many points as scored.

Hopefully it's just something that can be cleared up with more practice. He could be the bench scorer we've been looking for since Jason Terry is not the player he once was.

dude slava medvedenko you gotta be kidding me. you cant compare such an ugly form shooter to a pure shooter like mirza. medved didnt have a post and drive game either. mirza is more versatile and as youve seen he can JAM and finish at the basket after a strong drive.

Potapenko...no comment

mirza blows defensive assignments because the nets are a horrid defensive team and no one does their job there. A different culture and team would help mirza quite a bit in adjusting to the nba defensively. he's already getting some blocks

wang4three
12-28-2013, 11:03 AM
dude slava medvedenko you gotta be kidding me. you cant compare such an ugly form shooter to a pure shooter like mirza. medved didnt have a post and drive game either. mirza is more versatile and as youve seen he can JAM and finish at the basket after a strong drive.

Potapenko...no comment

mirza blows defensive assignments because the nets are a horrid defensive team and no one does their job there. A different culture and team would help mirza quite a bit in adjusting to the nba defensively. he's already getting some blocks

I said he was a better version of them, but their game is pretty similar. Each of them can score 20 points, but then can give up 20 points.

I do not blame his poor defensive ability on the rest of the team. While a part of it has to do with poor team defensive philosophies, he does have quite a few individual defensive deficiencies. He doesn't fight through screens, he gets pushed out easily, and he doesn't hedge well on pick and rolls. He just doesn't play smart defensively.

He is fearless though and has no conscious which helps that when he's shooting 1-5, it won't stop him from taking more shots. However, he's streaky and his best games have come against bad defensive teams like Milwaukee, Philly, Detroit, Houston, and LA.

He has skill. I want to like him. I want him to prove me wrong. I've just seen these kind of players in the past.

AirTupac
12-28-2013, 11:29 AM
I said he was a better version of them, but their game is pretty similar. Each of them can score 20 points, but then can give up 20 points.

I do not blame his poor defensive ability on the rest of the team. While a part of it has to do with poor team defensive philosophies, he does have quite a few individual defensive deficiencies. He doesn't fight through screens, he gets pushed out easily, and he doesn't hedge well on pick and rolls. He just doesn't play smart defensively.

He is fearless though and has no conscious which helps that when he's shooting 1-5, it won't stop him from taking more shots. However, he's streaky and his best games have come against bad defensive teams like Milwaukee, Philly, Detroit, Houston, and LA.

He has skill. I want to like him. I want him to prove me wrong. I've just seen these kind of players in the past.

His man to man defence has gotten a lot better this season. It's his help defence that needs more work. He hasn't been the type of player that puts up 20 and gives up 20 this season though.

Anyways, he's been putting up fantastic numbers for how many minutes he's been getting. If the Nets had a better coach, you'd see even more improvement from him because then he wouldn't be getting subbed off when he's getting hot (for someone like Evans :lol)

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 11:39 AM

i see your points and agree that defensively he's not near his best at this time. His help d i think is awful due to him not being confident defensively and leaving his man to help in fear of getting taken out when his man beats him on a cut or the like.

idk if youve had a chance to view the highlights of his euro days or bosnia national team performances, because they def support what you said about him being streaky. but its not a streaky where he's completely off, its more hot and ok hot and ok.

and you and i both know that more than half of the nba teams now a days are bad defensive teams haha

SpecialQue
12-28-2013, 11:56 AM
This is what I think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwCDEQY97rw

ILLsmak
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM

rofl, I don't watch the Nets, so I don't really know, but Slava that's ****ing crazy. I watched plenty of that dude. He didn't do shit in the NBa outside of on that championship Lakers squad. I can't imagine him even getting a minute on any other team. He was just hilarious cuz he was so bad and actually thought he was good.

I can't believe he's that bad. Potapenko was a pretty good player, tho, I thought.

-Smak

Nets fan 93
12-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Finally showing some confidence on offense and not chucking as much as before. But still doesn't play a lick of defense

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Finally showing some confidence on offense and not chucking as much as before. But still doesn't play a lick of defense

youre mistaking him for steve nash and deron williams

Jameerthefear
12-28-2013, 06:42 PM
he sucks /thread

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 07:23 PM
he sucks /thread

hes already better than jameer nelson.

Jameerthefear
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
hes already better than jameer nelson.
mirza won't ever sniff an allstar game, so no lol

It's A VC3!!!
12-28-2013, 07:51 PM

Bolded and underlined statement is pinpoint accurate. I can't count how many times Mirza has made a big shot then about 15 seconds later the player he is guarding goes and scores an easy basket and essentially makes Mirza's prior basket moot. Despite his struggling but improving defense, he's been really good in the last five games or so and is even starting to drive to the basket, something he never did last season. I applaud him for always staying ready despite never playing last season and just starting to play right now.

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 09:28 PM
mirza won't ever sniff an allstar game, so no lol
Oh so thats how we are judging players now, all star apps? So because jameer has one or two allstar apps in the big bad east hes better? Gtfoh.

Jameerthefear
12-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh so thats how we are judging players now, all star apps? So because jameer has one or two allstar apps in the big bad east hes better? Gtfoh.
u know mirza's scrub ass plays in the east right? lol. Jameer>>>>>>Mirza
Nets suck too

bd#1pguard
12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Nets do suck. Yes I know which conference he plays and thats why he a couple yrs from now can "sniff" an allstar berth. Jameer is currently not a better player.

Bosnian Sajo
12-28-2013, 09:45 PM
he sucks /thread

He really doesn't though. I'm not gonna act like he is LeBron ****ing James, but he is damn good, there is no denying that.

bd#1pguard
12-29-2013, 12:55 PM
he's a 14 year old kid, don't waste your breath arguing with him.
Good point