PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid

Shade8780
12-28-2013, 06:53 PM
I havent played any of this series before but the new one looks good. Will I need to have played all the other games? The director and producer, Hideo Kojima, said that people just getting into the series should play Snake Eater, Guns of the Patriots and Peace Walker before GZ and TPP.

DaSeba5
12-29-2013, 02:33 AM
In chronological order for the story it is...

Snake Eater
Portable Ops
Peace Walker
Then MGS5, which I think is going to be divided into two games.

AI Thornton
12-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Man, I haven't even thought of this game in forever. Was so BA.

Ai2death
12-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Snake Eater was probably one of the best games I have ever played.

The story is great even if a littlr difficult to understand.

CelticBaller
12-29-2013, 01:56 PM
In chronological order for the story it is...

Snake Eater
Portable Ops
Peace Walker
Then MGS5, which I think is going to be divided into two games.
snake eater is also the best ps2 game :cheers:

Shade8780
12-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Sooo any wanna answer the question?

HylianNightmare
12-29-2013, 02:44 PM
you don't have to have played the others, the story is a mind**** anyway

CelticBaller
12-29-2013, 02:56 PM
For this same reason I recommend you to buy the prequels. Also helps you appreciate the campaign more

Bandito
12-30-2013, 09:41 AM
THis. Just read the summary from Wikipedia.

MavsSuperFan
12-30-2013, 01:08 PM
I have played MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4.

All time it is my 2nd favorite series.
1. Fallout Series
2. MGS series
3. GTA series

The storyline is super complex. especially MGS2. I didn't understand MGS2 until my 3rd playthrough.

I think you could get a good idea of the storyline just from the MGS wiki if you wanted to.

Also the new game will probably have like 8 hours of cutscenes so everything will be well explained.

I would recommend you still play all of the games after MGS1, including MGS1, because they are just fantastic games.

MGS1- First game of the series I played and why I bought (well my parents) the PS1.

One of my fav games ever. I still play this game from time to time. Has some of the best boss fights in video game history. it was amazing how a game like this which stressed realism worked in amazing boss fights. Imagine Call of duty with great boss fights. I mean its easy to see how a game like Mario can work in boss fights or a fantasy game. But a game that stressed realism, amazing.

Revolver Ocelot boss fight - so much fun, you run around a room trying to save the darpa chief and Ocelot is ricocheting bullets off the walls at you. and you are shooting at him.

Sniper wolf boss fight- basically a sniping battle. still really fun.

Grey fox boss fight - hand to hand fighting, mixed with guns. super fun

Psycho mantis boss fight- He uses telekinetic powers, you use guns/grenades.

Vulcan raven boss fight- Most people used the stinger missiles on him, but I found it easier to lay mines and use the nikita missile launcher, because if you got in his line of fire he killed you so fast.

Metal gear rex - boss fight. so much fun.

Liquid snake boss fight- hand to hand combat, probably the worst boss fight in the game, but still great

the jeep chase out of the shadow moses base, before the US air force drops bunker busters on it. Very fun.

MSG2 Boss fights

Olga - sniping battle once again, but with pistols this time.
Fat man - defusing of the bombs
Fat man boss fight - really fun, he skates around and lays bombs you, got to defuse them while fighting him
Vamp boss fight. You are fighting a vampire with magical powers.
Harrier jet fight- Fighting a harrier jet

Edit: the boss fight at the end where you get to fight solidus snake (arguably the best in the series)

Also the part where you get to use the sword to kill the mercs in the combat armor.

There were more but they are all great.

The best part of the series is that for the most part excluding the boss fights a little the game is super realistic. you cant just rush through it and kill all the enemies rambo style, especially on extreme difficulty.

The enemy AI is pretty good and they work well in the team.

One of my fav gameplay memories is in MSG2 I got discovered in one of the oil rigs struts, but I had a great defensive position and I just killed all the on coming mercenaries until I ran out of bullets.

MGS series is one of the best games, if you like to think a little.

glidedrxlr22
12-30-2013, 02:28 PM
^Wow....:applause: ....great breakdown. Agree with everything you've said. I'm currently playing MGS4, then I'll move on to Revengeance.

Bandito
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
There was a harrier battle in the first MGS1. After that you have to go down a building in order to survive the building collapsing on you after you destroy the harrier. (It took down the building)