PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Uncensored Interview: "I Could Beat LeBron In My Prime" (2013 HD)

Round Mound
12-29-2013, 04:49 AM
http://esg6rzdhdg9i115s.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/james-jordanjpg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5fgYx6JvLI

[B]He Also Said The Game Was Much Rougher, Physical and Tougher In His Era...That

inclinerator
12-29-2013, 04:56 AM
good thing basketball is a team sport

Round Mound
12-29-2013, 04:59 AM
good thing basketball is a team sport

[B]Jordan at 1st Wasn

PickernRoller
12-29-2013, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=Round Mound][B]Jordan at 1st Wasn

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 10:27 AM

Doranku
12-29-2013, 10:29 AM
If you give Jordan and LeBron comparable teams in their primes, Jordan wins 99 times out of 100. The only time LeBron's team wins is when Ray Allen hits a series changing 3 at the end of a game.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 10:38 AM

miles berg
12-29-2013, 10:47 AM
It's just so obvious LeBron belongs in the same sentence as Bird, Magic, & Michael. All these years people have tried to prop Kobe up into that category and it seemed/felt awkward but LeBron doesn't. He fits there.

Just a random observation.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 11:02 AM
That's not a fair assessment. Unlike Magic and Bird, Jordan didnt join a great organization nor did he begin his team with great players alongside him. And unlike Magic, James, and Bird, Jordan never lost when he was supposed to win. And even won a few times as the underdog.

come on man you can be a full time non-stop bulls stan but Jordan was a frequent freaking ballhog when he went in the league and everybody that was around in the '80s knows it

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 11:10 AM
come on man you can be a full time non-stop bulls stan but Jordan was a frequent freaking ballhog when he went in the league and everybody that was around in the '80s knows it
That he was. But what I can never understand is why no one ever tries to figure out WHY? Who knows what he would've done had he had teammates he believed in. Established teammates like Bird and Magic. Magic joined prime Jabaar and Bird had Cownes and Archibald.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-29-2013, 11:13 AM
That's not a fair assessment. Unlike Magic and Bird, Jordan didnt join a great organization nor did he begin his team with great players alongside him. And unlike Magic, James, and Bird, Jordan never lost when he was supposed to win. And even won a few times as the underdog.

Well he better not lose when he's playing with with teammates with the caliber of Magic, Wade, and Dirk. At least that's what you said.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Well he better not lose when he's playing with with teammates with the caliber of Magic, Wade, and Dirk. At least that's what you said.
And when he did, he never lost. Ill take it a step further. Worthy? Mchale, Parish were also much better than what they were able to show. They just played behind Bird and Magic. I guarantee Nowitzki wouldn't be regarded as the same player had he played with Magic, Jordan, or Bird. Look at how Bosh is regarded. And Wade.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 11:39 AM
That he was. But what I can never understand is why no one ever tries to figure out WHY? Who knows what he would've done had he had teammates he believed in. Established teammates like Bird and Magic. Magic joined prime Jabaar and Bird had Cownes and Archibald.

The better question is why he stopped his ballhoggery; and the forgotten-by-97 Bulls-but-world-wide-news-at-the-time answer is that Phil Jackson was a genius.

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Wasn't he supposed beat the Orlando Magic?

And, what titles did he ever win as the underdog?

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Scoring titles

edrick
12-29-2013, 11:50 AM
The argument about it being tougher is such a joke. Are they saying that if Lebron (or any other player, really) didn't play during that time period, he wouldn't have been able to deal with it like everyone else? :rolleyes:

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:11 PM
The argument about it being tougher is such a joke. Are they saying that if Lebron (or any other player, really) didn't play during that time period, he wouldn't have been able to deal with it like everyone else? :rolleyes:
Nah. LeBron couldn't possibly play in an era that John Starks played in.

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:19 PM

In 98, the Jazz were considered the favourites by many to knock off the Bulls. During that series, Pippen was severely handicapped by a back injury, if not for Jordan's heroics in game 6, Jazz would be looking really good in game 7.

Orlando Magic? You mean that year when Jordan came back in March with no preseason and players from the Magic quoted that Jordan was not his usual self?

The very next year when Jordan was healthy and had a preseason, he and the Bulls swept the Magic. But of course, you knew that and was just trolling right? :rolleyes:

Mr Exlax
12-29-2013, 12:23 PM
If Jordan was the same size as LeBron then I'd say MJ was better. MJ is more skilled, but LeBron's size makes him able to do more things for thr team out on the court.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
In 98, the Jazz were considered the favourites by many to knock off the Bulls. During that series, Pippen was severely handicapped by a back injury, if not for Jordan's heroics in game 6, Jazz would be looking really good in game 7.

Orlando Magic? You mean that year when Jordan came back in March with no preseason and players from the Magic quoted that Jordan was not his usual self?

The very next year when Jordan was healthy and had a preseason, he and the Bulls swept the Magic. But of course, you knew that and was just trolling right? :rolleyes:

Somebody joined the Bulls that next season tho:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Rodman_Lipofsky.jpg

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Somebody joined the Bulls that next season tho:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Rodman_Lipofsky.jpg

Well he joined the Bulls prior to the 95-96 season if that's what you meant :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Well he joined the Bulls prior to the 95-96 season if that's what you meant :confusedshrug:
:facepalm

For a guy who claims to be a Bulls fan because Rodman was your favorite player, you sure know fcuk all about him.

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:39 PM

For a guy who claims to be a Bulls fan because Rodman was your favorite player, you sure know fcuk all about him.

Traded, joined. Whatever.

Is that the technicality you were going to pull up? :facepalm

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Traded, joined. Whatever.

Is that the technicality you were going to pull up? :facepalm
Actually, I'm now realizing that I might have misunderstood you.

The way I read it, I thought you meant he joined the Bulls before the 95-96 season as in a season earlier, but I now realize that you probably meant the offseason before the 95-96 season.

My bad pedo.

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Don't be goin round pulling people up on their fandom, what about your jump ship from the Lakers? Glad you took the 'fan up' campaign literally :oldlol:

Still making threads attacking non-existent fanbases on a player you didn't know who he played for? :oldlol:

Glad you can admit your mistake though.

As for me talking about Rodman, if the opportunity in a thread arises that I can talk about him, I will. But most of them are Jordan or Pippen threads, so I find myself talking about them.

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Don't be goin round pulling people up on their fandom, what about your jump ship from the Lakers? Glad you took the 'fan up' campaign literally :oldlol:
When did I stop being a Lakers fan? :confusedshrug:

Still making threads attacking non-existent fanbases on a player you didn't know who he played for? :oldlol:
I literally don't know what this sentence means.:wtf:

PJR
12-29-2013, 12:49 PM

The way some of these past players wax poetic is always hilarious.

"Back in my day"......Jordan is the greatest all around perimeter player to ever play, but he doesn't sound any less stupid when he says some of the stuff he does.

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:50 PM

Your Jarret Jack thread :oldlol:

This little gem: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314281

:oldlol:

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Your Jarret Jack thread :oldlol:

This little gem: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314281

:oldlol:
Jesus Christ you're dumb. :facepalm

Seriously, take a minute to see if you can figure what is wrong here.

DMAVS41
12-29-2013, 12:53 PM
And when he did, he never lost. Ill take it a step further. Worthy? Mchale, Parish were also much better than what they were able to show. They just played behind Bird and Magic. I guarantee Nowitzki wouldn't be regarded as the same player had he played with Magic, Jordan, or Bird. Look at how Bosh is regarded. And Wade.

Magic and Dirk? Are you serious? Dirk might be a top 8 player of all time playing his career with Magic.

Would have racked up a ton of titles and his numbers would be insane getting a ton of open shots all the time that he's never gotten really at any point in his prime.

Bird and him are too similar...

MJ and Dirk though? LOL...good luck stopping a 7 foot elite outside shooter and clogging the paint to stop MJ from dominating you. It would be a basketball impossibility.

poido123
12-29-2013, 12:55 PM

Different physicality.

If Lebron was layed out in games on a regular basis by intimidating centres, how would he deal with that mentally? Would he crawl back into his shell and play passively for the rest of the game?

How would he cope with the ruthless trashtalking in those days? Rodman would have Lebron scared as shit :oldlol:

I think Lebron would be able to handle the physicality in a physical sense, but on the mental side? How would he cope being beaten up and chopped at all game?

My guess is he wouldn't. He is a bit mentally fragile if things aren't going his way.

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Different physicality.

If Lebron was layed out in games on a regular basis by intimidating centres, how would he deal with that mentally? Would he crawl back into his shell and play passively for the rest of the game?

How would he cope with the ruthless trashtalking in those days? Rodman would have Lebron scared as shit :oldlol:

I think Lebron would be able to handle the physicality in a physical sense, but on the mental side? How would he cope being beaten up and chopped at all game?

My guess is he wouldn't. He is a bit mentally fragile if things aren't going his way.
Rodman didn't scare a single person in his entire career. His game was too annoy the living shit out of people.

I'm beginning to think you never ever watched a single Rodman game.

red1
12-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Rodman didn't scare a single person in his entire career. His game was too annoy the living shit out of people.

they would be at a stalemate because lebron is also one of the most annoying players ever

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 01:03 PM
It is.

They got beat by the Magic in '95, The Rod joined in '96, and the Magic got swept like dust my broom.

PJR
12-29-2013, 01:04 PM
It is.

They got beat by the Magic in '95, The Rod joined in '96, and the Magic got swept like dust my broom.

Not to mention Horace Grant was hurt doing the series.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 01:05 PM
they would be at a stalemate because lebron is also one of the most annoying players ever

What I miss about the '70s, is floppers like Wade or James got punished immediately. It was summary action by Artis Gilmore, Moses Malone & Bob Lanier. If you flopped, you were beaten mercilessly with forearms, knees and fists.

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 01:07 PM
forgot that

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 01:09 PM
I think LeBron probably does annoy opposing players. I've heard numerous players say that LeBron won't talk during games and when they trash talk he ignores it like he doesn't even hear it.

poido123
12-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Clearly shook after the Jarret Jack thread re-emerged :oldlol:

The shove on Pippen in the 91 finals was pretty intimidating don't you think?

He's on numerous "Most Intimidating Player" lists, you can dismiss it all you want.

Along with being annoying, Rodman's element of unpredictability and crazy ways both on and off the court were a part of his intimidation and mindplay, when he went in on players heads.

You're trying too hard Numbersix :(

HoopsFanNumero1
12-29-2013, 01:11 PM

He's on numerous "Most Intimidating Player" lists, you can dismiss it all you want.

Along with being annoying, Rodman's element of unpredictability and crazy ways both on and off the court were a part of his intimidation and mindplay, when he went in on players heads.

You're trying to hard Numbersix :(

Did you research all that from Yahoo Answers?

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 01:13 PM
12 minutes later......

You're trying to hard Numbersix :(
Oh Darsh, you're even dumber than I thought.... Again.

poido123
12-29-2013, 01:17 PM
12 minutes later......

Oh Darsh, you're even dumber than I thought.... Again.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314281

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Your a Laker and Heat fan?

Make up your mind :lol

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314281

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Your a Laker and Heat fan?

Make up your mind :lol
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif

poido123
12-29-2013, 01:25 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif

http://gifs.gifbin.com/022013/reverse-1367338010_jimmy_butler__deal_with_it.gif

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 01:27 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/022013/reverse-1367338010_jimmy_butler__deal_with_it.gif
What's priceless is that you honestly think it's me who looks silly when you post that link.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e244011a859a9f6906cd831f122df011/tumblr_mgwhadrDzp1qzlxs9o1_250.gif

poido123
12-29-2013, 01:31 PM
What's priceless is that you honestly think it's me who looks silly when you post that link.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e244011a859a9f6906cd831f122df011/tumblr_mgwhadrDzp1qzlxs9o1_250.gif

How can you not see how stupid that thread you made was.

The joke was on you in that one. :lol

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 01:35 PM
How can you not see how stupid that thread you made was.

The joke was on you in that one. :lol
http://i.imgur.com/p7Crb.gif

Jameerthefear
12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
poido vs #6
http://i.imgur.com/MwG79Qt.gif

poido123
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
poido vs #6
http://i.imgur.com/MwG79Qt.gif

:lol

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 02:08 PM
The better question is why he stopped his ballhoggery; and the forgotten-by-97 Bulls-but-world-wide-news-at-the-time answer is that Phil Jackson was a genius.
Jackson was a genius. And played a huge role in getting Jordan to trust his teammates. But let me ask you a question. Why didnt jordan play like that in college? I know you've heard the saying that the only man capable of holding Jordan under 20 pts a game is Dean Smith. And that was because he played within the confines of a team. And had great players around him. He didnt have that initially in Chicago.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 02:10 PM

1993 and 1998 were two years where I feel the Bulls were considered the underdog.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Lol. Your a Laker fan? Wow. I would've never known.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh come of it. The Bulls beat the Magic by 38 with Grant there. Are we really gonna start alluding to injuries?

HoopsFanNumero1
12-29-2013, 02:21 PM

You're trying too hard Numbersix :(

lol. pedo got salty and negged me because I called him out on his Yahoo Answers research :lol

Dat dedication. Dat life.

Trollsmasher
12-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I would love for LeBron to play in a more "physical" league. Dude would destroy those twigs.

Dragonyeuw
12-29-2013, 02:26 PM
1993 and 1998 were two years where I feel the Bulls were considered the underdog.

Who were considered the favorites in 92? That Blazers team was pretty tough.

Marchesk
12-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I would love for LeBron to play in a more "physical" league. Dude would destroy those twigs.

He sure as shit wouldn't destroy Scottie or Dennis. Nor is he destroying PFs or Cs from the 80s and 90s.

guy
12-29-2013, 04:13 PM

No he wasn't.

Well there's different viewpoints on "underdog". Some might say the team without HCA is automatically the underdog while media hype might have someone as the favorites and the underdogs regardless of HCA. According to the former, Bulls were underdogs vs. the 93 Knicks, 93 Suns, and 98 Jazz. According to the latter, I'm pretty sure the media was hyping them up as underdogs vs. the 91 Lakers, 93 Knicks, 98 Jazz. That's just the title years by the way. In 89, they were pretty big underdogs against both the Cavs and Knicks and won.

By the way, Lebron has definitely won as an underdog from both viewpoints. But Jordan has never lost as a favorite unlike Lebron.

red1
12-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Michael Jordan: Water is wet and pauk is a fggt. Talk about stating the obvious mike

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Who were considered the favorites in 92? That Blazers team was pretty tough.
They were good. But I remember the Bulls being the favorite. But if they were gonna lose, it was believed that the Blazers were more than capable of doing it.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 04:56 PM
No he wasn't.

Well there's different viewpoints on "underdog". Some might say the team without HCA is automatically the underdog while media hype might have someone as the favorites and the underdogs regardless of HCA. According to the former, Bulls were underdogs vs. the 93 Knicks, 93 Suns, and 98 Jazz. According to the latter, I'm pretty sure the media was hyping them up as underdogs vs. the 91 Lakers, 93 Knicks, 98 Jazz. That's just the title years by the way. In 89, they were pretty big underdogs against both the Cavs and Knicks and won.

By the way, Lebron has definitely won as an underdog from both viewpoints. But Jordan has never lost as a favorite unlike Lebron.
This exactly.

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
I don't wanna go into that whole 'who can beat who' discussion, also because it's a team game, but MJ was certainly a better overall player than Lebron and on average he played in a more competitive league and obviously more physical. Not that that's Lebron's fault and LBJ is a terrific player in his own right.

Yeah Lebron would straight up destroy those ****in non-athletic twigs playing at forward in the 80s/90s :rolleyes:

http://estaticos04.marca.com/albumes/2012/06/02/celtics_pasion_nba/1338616674_extras_albumes_0.jpg

http://www.nba.com/pistons/photos/rodman_300_110211.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/nba.dunk.contest.winners/images/1984-larry-nance.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/02/scottie-pippen-96-0210-200.jpg

http://img.beckett.com/images/items/3023286/marketplace/80293851/FRONT_large_3377992.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5gzLcnUAHfg/UG9oWQJqWuI/AAAAAAAABlc/mPKSDw_zBHw/s320/Karl+Malone.jpg

http://media.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/photo/kersey9495jpg-adc279938711f9fa_medium.jpg

http://media.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/photo/williams9596jpg-e1795c486806a482_medium.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/history/legends/julius-erving/julius-erving-300b.jpg

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 05:08 PM

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g403/jwisenberg1/1988-89%20NBA/Denver%20Nuggets/Calvin_Natt_zps17e014cd.jpg

http://thesportscourier.com/sites/default/files/Nique2.jpg

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/mccray.jpg

http://www.sportsuntapped.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/chuck-person.jpg

http://thesmatter.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/tripuckadet.jpg

http://www.nba.com/hawks/media/HWK_Rounds_071111_6.jpg

http://bermansports.com/images/500-dantley-irish.jpg

Glad that type of weak shit is gone from the league. No wonder Larry Bird was the best forward. Those guys weren't even athletic :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 05:09 PM

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lkzReSSwYxthpmlzbfEH7A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/TPtop2113.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/Fnz6Jcu6TqIdMfA9g9AJhQqneCCn3jH-ACD-gY6AXrZQOSWcIqOIIbiLypdLAge4iC6YhgS08z97beCGXQYfEJ UArAlgpUin/KevinDurant.jpg

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2010/12/corey-brewer-acting-21.jpg

http://nbanewssource.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Paul-George.jpg

http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bowenspurs.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AYMZe2tQYSk/UA8acDMqFBI/AAAAAAAAA94/fz8fndZhxSg/s1600/act_andrei_kirilenko+%281%29.jpg

A forward like Bobby Jones wouldn't even make the league nowadays, let alone be the best defensive player :rolleyes:

Also "funny" to see so many (so-called too) great players and athletes falling to injury in the past years... Remember, back in the day the league was much more physical, no modern luxuries, no modern medicine, same 82 games, stars most likely played more minutes on the regular and teams liked to run more.

SpecialQue
12-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Jordan's always been a cocky bitch.

kenuffff
12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
jordan is just talking shit. lebron weighs 10-15 more pounds than karl malone.. and can guard any position on the floor. yeah he would totally get manhandled in the 90s! it's really hard to grasp the true size / speed of a nba player from watching tv.. and lebron is a true freak of nature, he is like shaq.

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Celtics just before Bird got there - 29-53 record, 2nd worst in the league, record low in attendances, constant changing of coaches, instability at the front office, Red almost gone

Celtics when Bird got there - 61-21 record with the same team, best in the league, ECF, dynasty for years to come, packed arena, championship in his 2nd year with Cowens gone and the only main addition in Parish who was already 27 and never viewed as much at all with the Warriors

Celtics when Bird was sidelined in 1989 - Dropped 15 wins even though Bird was not 100% healthy the year before and Reggie Lewis took his place playing really well

When Michael joined the Bulls they improved by 11 wins and lost in the first round. In his sophomore year he didn't play with a broken foot, they dropped 8 wins and still made the playoffs. When MJ retired in 1994, at his best, the Bulls won only two less games than the year before.

Put Jordan and the Bulls of the 90s in the 80s... Not even 3 titles.

Don't get me wrong, MJ's the GOAT imo but let's not act like he always won, like he never lost or that nobody was even on his level.

Trollsmasher
12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Damn, somebody went full retard here, posting pics of guys flexing muscles like they are some kind of bodybuilding kings:lol

La Frescobaldi
12-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Celtics just before Bird got there - 29-53 record, 2nd worst in the league, record low in attendances, constant changing of coaches, instability at the front office, Red almost gone

Celtics when Bird got there - 61-21 record with the same team, best in the league, ECF, dynasty for years to come, packed arena, championship in his 2nd year with Cowens gone and the only main addition in Parish who was already 27 and never viewed as much at all with the Warriors

Celtics when Bird was sidelined in 1989 - Dropped 15 wins even though Bird was not 100% healthy the year before and Reggie Lewis took his place playing really well

When Michael joined the Bulls they improved by 11 wins and lost in the first round. In his sophomore year he didn't play with a broken foot, they dropped 8 wins and still made the playoffs. When MJ retired in 1994 the Bulls won only two less games than the year before.

Don't get me wrong, MJ's the GOAT imo but let's not act like he always won, like he never lost or that nobody was even on his level.

been saying it for years. Although Wilt & Kareem were also at that same level without all the propaganda

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Damn, somebody went full retard here, posting pics of guys flexing muscles like they are some kind of bodybuilding kings:lol

Playing basketball = flexing muscles like bodybuilders ???

You were the one who went full retard - rather ignorant - when you said Lebron would be playing against twigs.
Guess I left you with no argument, happens when you're ignorant.

97 bulls
12-29-2013, 07:11 PM

When Michael joined the Bulls they improved by 11 wins and lost in the first round. In his sophomore year he didn't play with a broken foot, they dropped 8 wins and still made the playoffs. When MJ retired in 1994, at his best, the Bulls won only two less games than the year before.

This isnt a fair assessment of the events. The Celtics were bad because they endured a lot of injuries. A healthy roster combined with Birds arival is what turned that team around.

My main point is that Magic and Bird joined franchises with great players and tradition. Jordan didn't.

What their respective teams were able to accomplish without their best players shouldn't be considered an indictment of those players or credit for that matter. But an indictment or credit to their team. Theres a reason why the Bulls were able to still be competitive without Jordan. They were a great team. Then with Jordan and Rodman, they went from 55 wins to 72.

And don't forget that while the Bulls were still very much contenders without Jordan, they were champions with Jordan.

kamil
12-29-2013, 07:19 PM

1998 Utah Jazz were favoured quite a lot to win it all. I have some newspaper clippings which even called out the Bulls as underdogs. MJ himself rehashed the medias claim as well.

But whatever, you're just a stupid LeBron* jockstrap rider with blinders on. GTFO of the ISH forum.

SpecialQue
12-29-2013, 07:21 PM
jordan is just talking shit. lebron weighs 10-15 more pounds than karl malone.. and can guard any position on the floor. yeah he would totally get manhandled in the 90s! it's really hard to grasp the true size / speed of a nba player from watching tv.. and lebron is a true freak of nature, he is like shaq.

This shit again?

kamil
12-29-2013, 07:24 PM

Dumbass.

http://massivnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Karl-Malone.gif

aj1987
12-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Also "funny" to see so many (so-called too) great players and athletes falling to injury in the past years... Remember, back in the day the league was much more physical, no modern luxuries, no modern medicine, same 82 games, stars most likely played more minutes on the regular and teams liked to run more.[/B]

Seriously, bro? I know that you're a stuck in the '80's and '90's, but come on..

http://i.imgur.com/fy5wSb9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v7FvwPB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Xdkpd6X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/84pmG72.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DjyjQeF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rLuhEfF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TWPiMO6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ACdcVlT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n8ZR46N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/euiluc6.jpg

aj1987
12-29-2013, 07:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r4xNEzo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oPYgGtr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/36MrUKq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m2FJYty.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aNBANjE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NdDrl2y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/57ediXV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/02rFgcm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0urv5he.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7DURFH2.jpg

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
^^ Way to miss the ****ing point :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

That other dude said Lebron would only face twigs and I showed it would be the exact opposite and, after it, my point was that skinny players can be great (defensive) players too, now or then.

Plus I was only posting forwards that Lebron would most likely be facing on both sides of the court (and actually photos while playing basketball), plus (not that it matter all that) actually athletic players (plenty of freaks), not someone like Love, Rashad or something (well Tripucka though)..
I can also stand here and post tons of photos from all sorts of players at different positions from back in the day, with lots of muscle and whatever, plenty that you never heard about as it will happen for players of today in the future.
Oh and those dudes back in the day didn't have the same advanced regimes, suplements, equipment, medicine (PED's even), so on... So yeah, imagine that.

And again, can't deny the physicality was much higher.

BTW, post smaller pics next time. (was a pic of Blake at the beach even necessary? smh)

aj1987
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
^^ Way to miss the ****ing point :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
That other dude said Lebron would only face twigs and I showed it would be the exact opposite and, after it, my point was that skinny players can be great (defensive) players too, now or then.

You act like Lebron, or for that matter, modern players have never played against players who are huge or physical. I've seen that in your previous posts as well. You're stuck in the past, bro.

Plus I was only posting forwards that Lebron would most likely be facing on both sides of the court (and actually photos while playing basketball)
Lebron did face all those guys, scored on them and defended. :facepalm

Oh and those dudes back in the day didn't have the same advanced regimes, suplements, equipment, medicine (PED's even), so on... So yeah, imagine that.
I'm pretty sure that the guys back then used MORE PED's than current players. Oh, and I'm not trying to say that Wade/Lebron/Kobe/etc. aren't on PED's.

And again, can't deny the physicality was much higher.
Never said that it wasn't though. It was higher, but it wasn't like players were trying to kill/hurt each other on every play, like you guys make it out to be.

BTW, post smaller pics next time. (was a pic of Blake at the beach even necessary? smh)
That was one of the first pics that showed up when I did a search for Griffin.

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 08:22 PM
This isnt a fair assessment of the events. The Celtics were bad because they endured a lot of injuries. A healthy roster combined with Birds arival is what turned that team around.

My main point is that Magic and Bird joined franchises with great players and tradition. Jordan didn't.

What their respective teams were able to accomplish without their best players shouldn't be considered an indictment of those players or credit for that matter. But an indictment or credit to their team. Theres a reason why the Bulls were able to still be competitive without Jordan. They were a great team. Then with Jordan and Rodman, they went from 55 wins to 72.

And don't forget that while the Bulls were still very much contenders without Jordan, they were champions with Jordan.

Main players of that 1980 squad were:
Bird
Cornbread
Tiny (good but in his 30s after major injuries, a shell of his former self)
Cowens (old)
Rick Robey
Chris Ford
Maravich (shell, played 26 games with the C's)
Carr

In 1979:
Cornbread playing 80 games, same as the following year
Tiny played 69 games, 11 less than in 1980
Cowens played 68 games, 2 more than the following year, younger obviously
Robey 36, 82 in 1980
Ford played 78 games, 5 more than in 1980

Big of a difference????

Apart from those guys they had (not in 1980) McAdoo (20 games), Billy Knight (40 games), Jo Jo White (47 games) and Jeff Judkins (81 games).
Carr not there yet (was he the main factor? :0) and Pistol the same.

Doesn't matter legacy, Celtics were falling apart, one of the worst teams in the league, record low attendances, switching of coaches, different presidents, Red almost left due to intern beef.

Bird came along (coach Fitch too) and they won 32(!) more games with the same core, and made the ECF, understand how ridiculous is that?

When Jordan came along, Bulls improved by 11 wins, and still made the playoffs while he was out injured.
Jordan couldn't win another NCAA when Worthy left, and they had a great squad with Daugherty, Perkins and Kenny Smith (got injured at some point).

In 1988 he already had back injury along with other problems and was carrying the load, even so in 1989 he was sidelined and they won 15 less games while being swept in the 1st round (previous year took the Pistons to 6 in the ECF), with the addition of Reggie Lewis playing really well in his breakout year, substituting Bird.

Fact is that Jordan left, at his absolute best, the clear-cut best player in the world, and the Bulls only dropped 2 wins, almost making the Finals too. They had Pete ****ing Myers in his place, plus Kerr and Kukoc(far from his best).

Yeah like you've said, Jordan AND Rodman.

Again, imo Jordan's the GOAT but let's not act like nobody could even touch him, that he never lost or was the best at everything.

SHAQisGOAT
12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
You act like Lebron, or for that matter, modern players have never played against players who are huge or physical. I've seen that in your previous posts as well. You're stuck in the past, bro.

Lebron did face all those guys, scored on them and defended. :facepalm

I'm pretty sure that the guys back then used MORE PED's than current players. Oh, and I'm not trying to say that Wade/Lebron/Kobe/etc. aren't on PED's.

Never said that it wasn't though. It was higher, but it wasn't like players were trying to kill/hurt each other on every play, like you guys make it out to be.

That was one of the first pics that showed up when I did a search for Griffin.

I've never said that but physicality was easily higher back then, that's fact.

Yeah, Lebron was being guarded by prime Ben Wallace or peak KG, and he's regularly guarding Dwight or Pekovic (just some examples). :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

And I'm pretty sure you're around 12 years old.

When did I make it out to be? Physicality helps a huge deal while guarding a player (especially going to the basket), things like hand-checking, anyone that has ever played organized basketball knows it, you most likely never did though.

Yeah sure....

eurobum
12-29-2013, 08:38 PM

He was supposed to win that series after having played like 18 regular season OK, 1 1/2 year off, OK, cool story bro'.

'98 for sure. Utah had a similar record but also home court advantage for the finals series. I CLEARLY remember after the game 1 OT defeat, people were already putting them to lose.

But Yahweh could not be stopped.

aj1987
12-29-2013, 08:54 PM
And I'm pretty sure you're around 12 years old.
things like hand-checking, anyone that has ever played organized basketball knows it, you most likely never did though
Seriously? You can't make a make a proper post without personal jabs?

Pretty ironic post.

kamil
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
But Yahweh could not be stopped.

Don't use words like that, he's going to have to resort to the English dictionary to figure out what the hell it is you're talking about.