PDA

View Full Version : What other NBA players play basketball "Just Because"?

EveryManALion
12-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Well with Bynum's recent admission that he never really liked basketball anyways, who else do you think plays basketball in the NBA currently or ever that did so just because of their size and skill even if they did not love the game?

NumberSix
12-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Well with Bynum's recent admission that he never really liked basketball anyways, who else do you think plays basketball in the NBA currently or ever that did so just because of their size and skill even if they did not love the game?
How long have I been saying this EXACTLY about Bynum? Dude doesn't care about basketball. It's just his job. It pays better than anything else he could have done.

Scholar
12-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this were true about Michael Jordan. He could've done anything in the world and decided to bless us with his godly basketball skills.

Thank you, BasedJordan.

EveryManALion
12-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Not gonna lie, I dont like Lebron very much but it does suck when the face of the NBA says he LOVES football and only likes basketball ha.

CelticBaller
12-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Not gonna lie, I dont like Lebron very much but it does suck when the face of the NBA says he LOVES football and only likes basketball ha.
He should play football soon, we need to see another double sports star :mad:

TheReal Kendall
12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
He's no different than the average Joe.

There's a lot of people in the workforce that's stuck doing a job they don't like.

If I was an owner of a team I wouldn't sign this dude cause you can clearly see he doesn't care about basketball

red1
12-29-2013, 03:59 PM
bargnani

Mr. Jabbar
12-29-2013, 04:04 PM
lamar doom
dwight howard
adam morrison

LT Ice Cream
12-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Biedrins

red1
12-29-2013, 04:08 PM
i think bargnani is the worst offender in this category. he could watch another team win the championship on his homecourt in a tough 7 game series and just two minutes after the game he will already be thinking about the sauce he will use for his meatball dinner. the guy just doesnt give a f*ck

Bandito
12-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Tim Duncan maybe? I never seen him happy playing or talking about basketball at all...

HylianNightmare
12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Hedo

kurple
12-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Tim Duncan maybe? I never seen him happy playing or talking about basketball at all...
:biggums:

red1
12-29-2013, 04:17 PM
did you even read the title?

SpecialQue
12-29-2013, 04:37 PM

Probably any borderline 7 footer who plays like ass. If you're that tall, you pretty much have to play basketball. What else are you going to do, you freak?

Bandito
12-29-2013, 05:19 PM
did you even read the title?
He doesn't seem to enjoy the game. He just seems to play because he wants to get payed.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Definitely Duncan. Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, and guys like that.

Iverson is the worst of these types of players if you want to go alltime.

red1
12-29-2013, 05:23 PM
He doesn't seem to enjoy the game. He just seems to play because he wants to get payed.
If you're that good for that long then there is no way way that you are half-assing it. Don't confuse lack of facial expression with lack of passion. When he missed that put-back in game 7 last year he looked like he couldnt be more depressed

no pun intended
12-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Kwame Brown. He even admitted it himself.

wakencdukest
12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Jason Collins. Probably just liked all the post up opportunities.

AussieG
12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
When a factory worker says they aren't passionate about their job that's one thing. But when a basketballer says that, I just wonder WTF is wrong with them. I mean seriously, it's a game that kids dream of being able to play. High pay, magazine covers, being on TV.. some people are just weird.

VIP2000
12-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Vince Carter?

BoutPractice
12-29-2013, 06:39 PM
You really think a 4 time champion with countless millions in his bank account keeps playing the game... to get paid? He's already accomplished everything there is to accomplish. If he wasn't obsessed with playing basketball and winning titles like he obviously is he would've retired a long time ago. It's certainly not the pleasures of the celebrity lifestyle that are keeping him in the league. He's as neurotically driven as they come.

Bandito
12-29-2013, 06:42 PM
You really think a 4 time champion with countless millions in his bank account keeps playing the game... to get paid? He's already accomplished everything there is to accomplish. If he wasn't obsessed with playing basketball and winning titles like he obviously is he would've retired a long time ago. It's certainly not the pleasures of the celebrity lifestyle that are keeping him in the league. He's as neurotically driven as they come.
I don't know, I just don't see that. He just seems to be there because he doesn't have anything to do.

red1
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't know, I just don't see that. He just seems to be there because he doesn't have anything to do.
just stop

theaussieguy
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
When a factory worker says they aren't passionate about their job that's one thing. But when a basketballer says that, I just wonder WTF is wrong with them. I mean seriously, it's a game that kids dream of being able to play. High pay, magazine covers, being on TV.. some people are just weird.

yeah but think about it, these nba players are set for life. They don't have to worry about a single ****ing thing other than getting a ball in the hoop. I am actually surprised at how competitive most of the guys are. They are getting paid amounts of money noone should be getting paid, they don't have to worry about providing for their families, they are living the ****ing high life. How does one keep motivated when they are getting paid millions in the prime of their life?

So yeah if anything, im impressed by the way most nba players can retain the passion after all the marketing hype, all the money etc etc

BoutPractice
12-29-2013, 06:52 PM
That's because he has great poker face. Duncan's poker face is strictly equivalent to Magic's smile and Kobe's scowl. It performs exactly the same function.

KyrieTheFuture
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Shaq, and I honestly believe it.

Bandito
12-29-2013, 06:57 PM
That's because he has great poker face. Duncan's poker face is strictly equivalent to Magic's smile and Kobe's scowl. It performs exactly the same function.
To annoy then? Because if that's true then is working because it annoys the hell out of me, I can begin to think what it did to Dwight in last playoffs when he utterly destroyed him...

stephanieg
12-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Didn't Oden basically say something similar? He'd rather be a dentist.