PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys ever feel guilty for getting a much better present than you have given?

MavsSuperFan
12-29-2013, 08:12 PM
my uncle gave me the newest Ipad mini
I got him a tie

:facepalm :facepalm

Now i feel like a broke, cheap, dick.

When I was a kid I would hope for the best presents possible. Now I feel relieved when i dont get something great, especially if the relationship isnt super close.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-29-2013, 08:17 PM
I used to.

Until I made a certain assumption.

That assumption being that human beings will, barring any manipulative affection-buying loyalty-buying quid pro quo type implicit agenda, purchase gifts within a reasonable price for others that they can afford rom their budget.

ace23
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Never exchanged gifts.

Budadiiii
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Never exchanged gifts.
Mooch off Christmas. :facepalm

Get a job, dude.

ace23
12-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Mooch off Christmas. :facepalm

Get a job, dude.
Nah

Jameerthefear
12-29-2013, 09:00 PM
ace still doesnt have a job?

ace23
12-29-2013, 09:06 PM
ace still doesnt have a job?
What you trynna say, lil *****? :kobe:

Jameerthefear
12-29-2013, 09:09 PM
What you trynna say, lil *****? :kobe:
:confusedshrug:
are you at least in college? i don't want you to be a bum ace...

Dresta
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Another reason to hate Christmas.

Qwyjibo
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM
No. Because I tell people to not get me anything and they don't. No unhappiness from anyone.

AintNoSunshine
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM
my uncle gave me the newest Ipad mini
I got him a tie

:facepalm :facepalm

Now i feel like a broke, cheap, dick.

When I was a kid I would hope for the best presents possible. Now I feel relieved when i dont get something great, especially if the relationship isnt super close.

a tip is to get them something that's about the same value as what they got you the previous year

Jameerthefear
12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Another reason to hate Christmas.
old ass grinch

El Kabong
12-29-2013, 11:38 PM
I used to.

Until I made a certain assumption.

That assumption being that human beings will, barring any manipulative affection-buying loyalty-buying quid pro quo type implicit agenda, purchase gifts within a reasonable price for others that they can afford rom their budget.
Bingo. Is how I buy gifts. If it's out of what I feel comfortable spending, then I don't buy it and will look for something else to purchase.

CelticBaller
12-29-2013, 11:43 PM
they don't expect shit from a currently unemployed college student :confusedshrug:

Bcogswell
12-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Nope, its not about trading gifts of equal value and if thats what they are expecting when they purchase something expensive for you then its pretty stupid. You spend a lot of money on a gift when you want and can afford to do it, not because someone spent a lot on you.

MavsSuperFan
12-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Nope, its not about trading gifts of equal value and if thats what they are expecting when they purchase something expensive for you then its pretty stupid. You spend a lot of money on a gift when you want and can afford to do it, not because someone spent a lot on you.
My uncle is a great guy, he meant well I am sure.

I could have afforded something better than a tie though. so i feel like a cheap bastard.

AS85
01-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I've been quite poor most of my life. Hand to mouth existence levels poor.

Most of the gifts I got were always much more expensive than the ones I gave, if ever. It is a very demoralizing experience.
People who gifted me lot of stuff knew that it was beyond my capability to return the favour. I felt it was very condescending of them.

Thankfully I am better off now, and match those people gift for gift.

Draz
01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
:confusedshrug:
are you at least in college? i don't want you to be a bum ace...
:roll: