PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors to host "Drake Night" in January

Basketball Fan
12-30-2013, 04:15 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nba-raptors-drake-night/

[QUOTE]Toronto Raptors to host

moe94
12-30-2013, 04:17 PM
"Before the start of the 2013-14 NBA season, the Toronto Raptors officially named Drake a global ambassador."

That will never not be hilarious.

red1
12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
"Before the start of the 2013-14 NBA season, the Toronto Raptors officially named Drake a global ambassador."

That will never not be hilarious.
at least we aren't the knicks

moe94
12-30-2013, 04:22 PM

The Heat retired Jordan's number. :biggums:

Calling that the GOAT loss. Any other contenders?

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/06/dwight-howard-stay-with-lakers.jpg

Contender.

Sarcastic
12-30-2013, 04:27 PM

http://cdn.firstwefeast.com/assets/2012/12/drake_laughing.gif

http://cdn4.wordonroad.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/drakesftb21.gif

kamil
12-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Chris D'Elia completely rips apart Drake's shitty music;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9AGZY3Ykf0

Foster5k
12-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Chris D'Elia completely rips apart Drake's shitty music;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9AGZY3Ykf0
It was kind of funny. I'll give the guy that. However, you can tell the guy actually likes Drake's music.

Anyhow, I like Drake. The guy is a success story. He's another example that, if you stay on your grind and do whatever it takes, you can be whatever you want and go as far as you want in life.

Good move by the Raptors. They are basically irrelevant. They don't really have any star players, so I guess they'll at least have some type of star to endorse. We are talking about the Raptors here.

kNicKz
12-30-2013, 04:38 PM

Knicks > Raptors

Brokenbeat
12-30-2013, 04:39 PM
"Drake the type a nukka that wears a HEAT hat to "Drake Night" at a Raps game..."

moe94
12-30-2013, 04:41 PM
It was kind of funny. I'll give the guy that. However, you can tell the guy actually likes Drake's music.

Anyhow, I like Drake. The guy is a success story. He's another example that, if you stay on your grind and do whatever it takes, you can be whatever you want and go as far as you want in life.

You actually believe he started from the bottom and had no real connections to begin with?

Brokenbeat
12-30-2013, 04:45 PM
You actually believe he started from the bottom and had no real connections to begin with?

Lol, wasn't he a child actor with rich parents? :bowdown: :bowdown:

kamil
12-30-2013, 04:46 PM

Um, Drake started in a pretty well off family. Dude is scam artist. If he wasnt in show business, he'd be a snake oil salesman...

Good move by the Raptors. They are basically irrelevant. They don't really have any star players, so I guess they'll at least have some type of star to endorse. We are talking about the Raptors here.

Reminds me how Blackberry hired Alicia Keys to be their 'Global Creative Director'.

As for the Raptors... I dont think theyre ever going to get more than one star player and be a playoff calibre team. Toronto sucks hard as a city and american players won't want to move to Toronto for a number of reasons. Only way I see T.O. getting anywhere is if they get some Canadian players that will want to STAY there; Wiggins would be a great start.

I know, I'll sound like crazy loon saying the Raptor's lack of success is due to the city itself and players not wanting to go there... but Steve Francis is a great example of how US players perceive Canada... and Vancouver is actually the better/warmer city too.

Put me in the NBA, and Toronto would be at the bottom of my list.

red1
12-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Knicks > Raptors
I wish. Knicks have been disappointing me all year. You guys were supposed to be a lock to beat us in the standings but now you dont even have a draft pick yet you are still cockblocking us by losing more games. F*cking fggts :lol

Foster5k
12-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes. The guy was basically making mix tapes out of his parent's house. He got his big break and didn't look back.

I think we all can take a lesson from Drake. Never give up. Keep trying until a door breaks open. It's an age old story of human determination and will. A story that inspires others to grasp at whatever greatness they can achieve.

We're all Drake. We all have dreams that we wish to accomplish. However, do we also have the will to endure and never give up.

That is the story of Drake. That's why I like the guy and his music. You can feel the guy's hunger in his music. A hunger, no matter how faint, can be felt in some subconscious way in your brain as the beat drops and the lyrics start flowing.

branslowski
12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Drake dat type of n!gga to wear a maxi pad with his girl on her period and say "Team Us".:lol

moe94
Lol, wasn't he a child actor with rich parents? :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yeah, but he still started from the bottom. The bottom of the elite in Toronto.

Go Getter
Just one more reason not to like the Raptors.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes. The guy was basically making mix tapes out of his parent's house. He got his big break and didn't look back.

I think we all can take a lesson from Drake. Never give up. Keep trying until a door breaks open. It's an age old story of human determination and will. A story that inspires others to grasp at whatever greatness they can achieve.

We're all Drake. We all have dreams that we wish to accomplish. However, do we also have the will to endure and never give up.

That is the story of Drake. That's why I like the guy and his music. You can feel the guy's hunger in his music. A hunger, no matter how faint, can be felt in some subconscious way in your brain as the beat drops and the lyrics start flowing.
Put that common sense to good use and stop trolling on the net, bro!

Brokenbeat
12-30-2013, 04:49 PM

You better be a 14 year old girl.

:coleman:

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
The writer mentioned Future and Prince in the same sentence like they were on the same level musically. :facepalm

kamil
12-30-2013, 04:51 PM

My god... what a load of bullshit.

CelticBaller
Context dummy, he obviously didn't mean he started poor. He meant in the rap industry, started as no one and became one of the best selling artist :facepalm

Go Getter
You better be a 14 year old girl.

:roll:

The OP acts like having a rich father in the music biz didn't give him a leg up. He must think that Coach Spolestra really worked his way up from towel boy through hard work and didn't get any special favors.

moe94
12-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Toronto sucks hard as a city

Are you retarded? :biggums:

red1
12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Just one more reason not to like the Raptors.
You ever see the scene in jurassic park where they used a lift to drop the cow into the raptors enclosure?

Purch
12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Starting on Degrassi is not the bottom.

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Context dummy, he obviously didn't mean he started poor. He meant in the rap industry, started as no one and became one of the best selling artist :facepalm

1. In the context of rap and the rap community starting from the bottom means the ghetto, the projects.

2. He didn't start out as no one he was already in the mix with the music biz and the entertainment biz.

3. Drake can rap but when he started talking about putting out hits on people and starting from the bottom he started getting clown-like. I still bump hi songs if they go though.

Go Getter
You ever see the scene in jurassic park where they used a lift to drop the cow into the raptors enclosure?

:no:

Budadiiii
Foster5k is my new internet buddy.

You are who your friends are.

Foster5k = winner.

Simple as that.

red1
12-30-2013, 04:55 PM
As for the Raptors... I dont think theyre ever going to get more than one star player and be a playoff calibre team. Toronto sucks hard as a city and american players won't want to move to Toronto for a number of reasons. Only way I see T.O. getting anywhere is if they get some Canadian players that will want to STAY there; Wiggins would be a great start.

I know, I'll sound like crazy loon saying the Raptor's lack of success is due to the city itself and players not wanting to go there... but Steve Francis is a great example of how US players perceive Canada... and Vancouver is actually the better/warmer city too.

You again? This is what your experience clubbing did to you? :oldlol:

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Foster5k is my new internet buddy.

You are who your friends are.

Foster5k = winner.

Simple as that.

What a winner! You have a new internet buddy! You guys gonna have your moms talk and set up a play date?

moe94
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM

You better be trolling. It's clear what he meant.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
What a winner! You have a new internet buddy! You guys gonna have your moms talk and set up a play date?
Go Getter. How fitting. :oldlol:

Wanna be my new e-bud? :cheers: :cheers:

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Go Getter. How fitting. :oldlol:

Wanna be my new e-bud? :cheers: :cheers:

Going by your logic, "you are who your friends are" so I'll pass.

moe94
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
ether

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I got got by Go Getter. Shoulda known not to mess with a dude with 15,000 posts and such an alpha name. :facepalm

Back to messing with chumps like 'moe94' or sum shit. :facepalm

Element
12-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Chris Bosh be like STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE

kamil
12-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Chris Bosh be like STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE

LOL!!!

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
I got got by Go Getter. Shoulda known not to mess with a dude with 15,000 posts and such an alpha name. :facepalm

Back to messing with chumps like 'moe94' or sum shit. :facepalm
I have 14k+ posts in 6 years and you have 3k+ in one year [on this account]. You are on a pace for 18k posts...way more than me in the same time period...:roll:

Legends66NBA7
12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Raptors have the Red Party every year around that time too.

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Raptors have the Red Party every year around that time too.
What is the Red Party? Lol, we have "the Party on the Red" at the U every year.

Jailblazers7
12-30-2013, 05:43 PM
The writer mentioned Future and Prince in the same sentence like they were on the same level musically. :facepalm

It would still be a really interesting collaboration tho. I'd love to see the type of song Prince would put together if he put Future in it.

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 05:49 PM
It would still be a really interesting collaboration tho. I'd love to see the type of song Prince would put together if he put Future in it.

Once in awhile he makes a song I like it but most of his songs are unbearable to me. Too much autotune and too much choppy nonsense.

I agree that it would be interesting but I rank Prince as one of the best ever and Future as pretty hack-ish.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I have 14k+ posts in 6 years and you have 3k+ in one year [on this account]. You are on a pace for 18k posts...way more than me in the same time period...:roll:
You average more posts per day than me. Fail on your part.

Second, I wasn't throwing some insult your way, but genuinely giving credit to you for burning me.

You ruined it. Now I come out on top. :facepalm

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 05:59 PM
You average more posts per day than me. Fail on your part.

Second, I wasn't throwing some insult your way, but genuinely giving credit to you for burning me.

You ruined it. Now I come out on top. :facepalm
You average more posts in a year than me. I come out on top. You fail. And my dad is stronger than your dad.:confusedshrug:

*3,720 x 6 = 22,320 and that doesn't even factor in your sock account(s).

red1
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
You average more posts in a year than me. I come out on top. You fail. And my dad is stronger than your dad.:confusedshrug:

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
You can't just round 5 years 5 months up to 6 years and round a year and 5 months down to one year. It doesn't work like that. We're not in Chicago public schools any more.

My dad would beat the living piss out of your dad, btw.

Jameerthefear
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
You can't just round 5 years 5 months up to 6 years and round a year and 5 months down to one year. It doesn't work like that. We're not in Chicago public schools any more.

I agree. Niko is a pretty tough guy

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:07 PM
*3,720 x 6 = 22,320

You're not very bright.

Chicago stand up.

Legends66NBA7
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
What is the Red Party? Lol, we have "the Party on the Red" at the U every year.

You get to hang with the Raptors:

http://theballroom.ca/blog/basketball/raptors-red-party-2013

http://www.nba.com/raptors/gallery/raptors-red-party-bruce-ladouceurlight-imaging

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I agree. Niko is a pretty tough guy
:oldlol:
Perfection.

Our dad got punked by a 9 year old Indian kid at the park and could still work mr. 'Go Getter'

Go get dat GED!

moe94
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM
We're not in Chicago public schools any more.

I legit laughed. :roll:

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Rounding happens all the time for the sake of conversation son.:facepalm You dug deep for that but I'll grant you that it was a fair point [I guess].

Even if we rounded up [in your favor] your post count is very similar to mine (even though it is pretty clear that you have sock accounts...do you not?)....so your quip about my post count is null and void.

And my father is an ex-Marine who fought in Vietnam; we come from boxer's stock, my grandfather was a prize fighter...don't be so sure of yourself boy.

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:10 PM
You're not very bright.

Chicago stand up.

I'm bright enough to know when I'm in a conversation with an idiot. Peace.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Rounding happens all the time for the sake of conversation son.:facepalm You dug deep for that but I'll grant you that it was a fair point [I guess].

Even if we rounded up [in your favor] your post count is very similar to mine (even though it is pretty clear that you have sock accounts...do you not?)....so your quip about my post count is null and void.

And my father is an ex-Marine who fought in Vietnam; we come from boxer's stock, my grandfather was a prize fighter...don't be so sure of yourself boy.
I honestly thought you were joking about the post count thing. You weren't?

Yikes... anyways.

Yah, 'peace' dude.

:facepalm

GOBB
12-30-2013, 06:22 PM

Who was his connections? Because they did a poor job having him link up with YMCMB. Music career he started from the bottom because whatever show he was on damn sure didnt break down any doors for him in the music biz. He had to grind hard to be where he is today moreso than being handed everything over night.

I do get annoyed with the started from the bottom, just me and my friends, no one helped us etc etc etc Starting to get old. Like we get it. Kudos for the grind. Now stfu and rap please!

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:28 PM
I honestly thought you were joking about the post count thing. You weren't?

Yikes... anyways.

Yah, 'peace' dude.

You have a lot of posts. Your post count high. You post for as many years as me you get post count like mine.

*Do I have to talk like a caveman for your dumbass to process that?

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Who was his connections? Because they did a poor job having him link up with YMCMB. Music career he started from the bottom because whatever show he was on damn sure didnt break down any doors for him in the music biz. He had to grind hard to be where he is today moreso than being handed everything over night.

I do get annoyed with the started from the bottom, just me and my friends, no one helped us etc etc etc Starting to get old. Like we get it. Kudos for the grind. Now stfu and rap please!

A guy with a music exec daddy doesn't have to grind as hard as a guy that has no connections in the biz.

My homegirls father is Buddy Guy. She raps and she worked hard to get where she got but having Motown legends at your disposal makes it a much easier road.

moe94
12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
You have a lot of posts. Your post count high. You post for as many years you get post count like mine.

Do I have to talk like a caveman for your dumbass to process that?

For someone who is too bright to argue with idiots and peace'd out, you sure do post a lot. :coleman:

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
You have a lot of posts. Your post count high. You post for as many years as me you get post count like mine.

*Do I have to talk like a caveman for your dumbass to process that?
I'm the one who looks like a dumbass.

I try to show some compassion and leave it be and still get called a dumbass? :facepalm

You took my original post serious, and tried to prove a point. I told you that you average more posts a day than I do.. and was curious as to why you were posting false information.

You then posted that I have more posts per year than you do. (How the **** is that possible when you average more posts per day than I do? It's not, so I took it as a joke)

Now you're calling me a dumbass because you're a dumbass?

Go head, get that money mang!

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm the one who looks like a dumbass.

I try to show some compassion and leave it be and still get called a dumbass? :facepalm

You took my original post serious, and tried to prove a point. I told you that you average more posts a day than I do.. and was curious as to why you were posting false information.

You then posted that I have more posts per year than you do. (How the **** is that possible when you average more posts per day than I do? It's not, so I took it as a joke)

Now you're calling me a dumbass because you're a dumbass?

Go head, get that money mang!

I didn't look at months I looked at the year. Way to take a small error and totally miss the point which was if you post for six years your post count would be similar to mine. And that doesn't factor in your sock accounts.:facepalm

**** your compassion mitch who cares?

red1
12-30-2013, 06:39 PM
its hard to determine a winner guys looks like we're gonna need a couple more rounds

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
its hard to determine a winner guys looks like we're gonna need a couple more rounds
Screw you guys, I'm goin' home:cry:

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:42 PM
I didn't look at months I looked at the year. Way to take a small error and totally miss the point which was if you post for six years your post count would be similar to mine. And that doesn't factor in your sock accounts.:facepalm

**** your compassion mitch who cares?
I don't have any sock accounts. Grasping at invisible evidence to prop up your e-status?

LOL. Dude, you're dumb. End of story.

But..but, you have more posts per year than me!! See watch!

No I don't, see?

Yes you do x 6 = 8888

No I don't, see?

OH... who cares anyways? You probably have gimmicks...

:rolleyes:

red1
12-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Screw you guys, I'm goin' home:cry:
no man you are doing really good keep it up

Go Getter
I don't have any sock accounts. Grasping at invisible evidence to prop up your e-status?

OH... who cares anyways? You probably have gimmicks...

First it was, "I don't have any sick accounts" then it was, "who cares anyway you probably have gimmicks."

I'll let the people decide on this one...

Go Getter
no man you are doing really good keep it up
I was joking. Think "Cartman."

And this ain't doing good man I need to get off this damn laptop.

Legends66NBA7
12-30-2013, 06:45 PM

Didn't you have previous accounts that got banned ?

DurantFor40 ?

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Didn't you have previous accounts that got banned ?

DurantFor40 ?
Yep.

That's it.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:47 PM

First it was, "I don't have any sick accounts" then it was, "who cares anyway you probably have gimmicks."

I'll let the people decide on this one...

http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:49 PM
http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg
You the one who backpedalled faster than Richard Sherman...."I don't have a sock account"....."oh [and actually typed the "OH" like you got caught in a lie, lmao], well I bet you have one!"

*and you know it's time to stop posting when you have to resort to lame overused at memes, smh.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 06:51 PM
You the one who backpedalled faster than Richard Sherman...."I don't have a sock account"....."oh, well I bet you have one!"

The italicized words was a portrayal of you.

Seriously man, just stop posting. It's over. No one will clown you if you just quit now. I don't enjoy this man... it's not even fair

Jameerthefear
12-30-2013, 06:54 PM
i woke up in a new budadiiii

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 06:57 PM
The italicized words was a portrayal of you.

Seriously man, just stop posting. It's over. No one will clown you if you just quit now. I don't enjoy this man... it's not even fair
Usually people use quotation marks when they are portraying someone else's words--someone who talks about education so much should know that but I get it.

You're right...your awesome cat meme totally destroyed me and you pointing out that I rounded in my favor was a devastating blow.

I could care less if I get clowned here man...YOU get clowned here everyday as evidenced by your string of red bars.

Again, my point remains....your post count, expanded over 6 years, is very close to mine....and that doesn't account for your Durantfor40 account and your other sock accounts.

Jameerthefear
12-30-2013, 07:00 PM
gogetter u have more posts than me and have been here longer but you only have 3 neons. SUPER NOOB

DonDadda59
12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
I think we all can take a lesson from Drake.

Try as hard as possible to be born wealthy and you can use your family's infrastructure and connections to become even wealthier? :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
gogetter u have more posts than me and have been here longer but you only have 3 neons. SUPER NOOB
I don't suck cocks like you and I don't have sock accounts so.....I guess that explains it.

red1
12-30-2013, 07:04 PM
I was joking. Think "Cartman."

And this ain't doing good man I need to get off this damn laptop.
:oldlol:

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Usually people use quotation marks when they are portraying someone else's words--someone who talks about education so much should know that but I get it.

You're right...your awesome cat meme totally destroyed me and you pointing out that I rounded in my favor was a devastating blow.

I could care less if I get clowned here man...YOU get clowned here everyday as evidenced by your string of red bars.

Again, my point remains....your post count, expanded over 6 years, is very close to mine....and that doesn't account for your Durantfor40 account and your other sock accounts.
Dude I took that literally because you seem to be putting a lot of stock into this little tussle on the web.

I'm not trying to clown you.. you're doing it yourself though when you post stupid shit.

Bringing the rep system into this? And the tired gimmick accusations?

You want war n*gga? Let it be den. :dancin

Go Getter
12-30-2013, 07:22 PM
You keep focusing on petty rhetorical stuff but I do the same damn shit so I can't really call you out on it--it pisses me off.

*I would definitely talk to you calmly about it, but after awhile I'd probably slap you in your lips for calling me out my name irl man....please [and I'm being 100% genuine], miss me with that word sir.

Budadiiii
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't think I'd let that happen but I probably wouldn't call you ***** irl, you're right.

That's something us white folk do when we're around each other or someone we know is cool with it.

ralph_i_el
12-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Drake came from a well of family with musicians in it. He went to a private acting/music school. He was a child actor. He's corny as fucj and his music is not relatable at all. At his best he was copying a past his prime Lil Wayne, now he makes pop music about how much money he has. Every big drake fan I have ever met was a fake ass dude or a dumb broad. He gets by on good musical production on his albums. Its a shame he's at the top of the rap game with real dudes like big krit and Kendrick Lamar out there doing their thing. He hasn't ever seen the bottom much less came from there. Honestly if I ran into him alone I'd tell him this straight up. He seems like the type of ***** who would sic paid goons on you for hurting his feelings.

Heavincent
12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Drake is a piece of shit.

WeGetRing2012
12-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Try as hard as possible to be born wealthy and you can use your family's infrastructure and connections to become even wealthier? :confusedshrug:

Drake was not wealthy :lol :lol :lol

His mom couldn't even afford proper medical care for her illness...

WeGetRing2012
12-30-2013, 08:46 PM
A guy with a music exec daddy doesn't have to grind as hard as a guy that has no connections in the biz.

What are you talking about????

moe94
12-30-2013, 08:54 PM

Legends66NBA7
12-30-2013, 08:55 PM

Link ?

I don't find this true.

DonDadda59
12-30-2013, 09:10 PM

Meet Dennis Graham AKA Daddy Drake:

Dennis Graham comes from a family of American-music royalty. In his younger years, he played drums for "The Killer," Jerry Lee Lewis.

Drake has often talked about his uncle, legendary funk bassist Larry Graham. (Nardwuar brought a couple of Larry's old records as a gift when he interviewed Drake.) In a 2011 interview with 98.7 KISS FM's Lenny Green, Larry confirmed that although he hasn't met Drake, he does believe the rapper is his nephew. Formerly a member of Sly and the Family Stone, Larry Graham is the frontman of funk band Graham Central Station. In 1998 he released GCS 2000, a collaborative album with Prince. In recent years he has toured with Prince as an opening act and has performed as recently as June during Bonarroo 2013.

Mabon "Teenie" Hodges helped write 12 of Al Green's million-selling singles in the early '70s, including "Love & Happiness" and "Take Me To The River." In the interview with Nardwuar, Drake talks about his Uncle Teenie as well as Green's longtime producer, "Uncle Willie" Mitchell, who ran the famed Royal Studios in Memphis—which is featured in the "Worst Behavior" video. If you watch the opening scenes closely, that's Teenie playing guitar while Dennis sings.

Your dad probably played records made by Dennis Graham's people when he was trying to get your mom to kiss him after their third date.

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/11/drake-father-dennis-graham-cool-dad/larry-graham-teenie-hodges-uncle-willie

Dude's family had money and very deep connections in the music/entertainment industry. Dude was born on 3rd base and guys (himself included) act like this kid hit a home run :oldlol:

kNicKz
12-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I wish. Knicks have been disappointing me all year. You guys were supposed to be a lock to beat us in the standings but now you dont even have a draft pick yet you are still cockblocking us by losing more games. F*cking fggts :lol

I mean...ok

It's still Knicks > Raptors

enjoy Drake Night

moe94
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I mean...ok

It's still Knicks > Raptors

enjoy Drake Night

Think about how lame the Knicks are now that they think being a better franchise than our Raps is something to be proud of.

kNicKz
12-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Think about how lame the Knicks are now that they think being a better franchise than our Raps is something to be proud of.

Drake is helping design the new uniforms

classic

moe94
12-30-2013, 11:54 PM

classic

We take that loss. Knicks are still a bigger laughing stock, regardless. :confusedshrug:

kNicKz
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
We take that loss. Knicks are still a bigger laughing stock, regardless. :confusedshrug:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. By all means, go for it

moe94
12-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night. By all means, go for it

I love how Knicks fans think they're relevant after the Melo trade but cannot adjust to being back to garbage. That entitlement is on levels unseen by Lakers fans. The Mecca, right? :roll:

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 12:13 AM
I love how Knicks fans think they're relevant

I'm pretty sure that he was responding to all-time franchise ranking.

Otherwise, what's the relevance he was talking about ?

red1
12-31-2013, 12:25 AM

classic
New. York. Knicks.

supahotfire.gif

red1
12-31-2013, 12:30 AM
I love how Knicks fans think they're relevant after the Melo trade but cannot adjust to being back to garbage. That entitlement is on levels unseen by Lakers fans. The Mecca, right? :roll:
the guy just doesnt get it. my sister doesnt even watch basketball only knows shaq mj kobe and lebron and maybe two other players but even she could tell you that the knicks suck. its that bad man

04mzwach
12-31-2013, 12:33 AM
At least Canada celebrates good rappers. The USA is the reason he's singing.

WeGetRing2012
12-31-2013, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=DonDadda59]Meet Dennis Graham AKA Daddy Drake:

[INDENT]Dennis Graham comes from a family of American-music royalty. In his younger years, he played drums for "The Killer," Jerry Lee Lewis.

Drake has often talked about his uncle, legendary funk bassist Larry Graham. (Nardwuar brought a couple of Larry's old records as a gift when he interviewed Drake.) In a 2011 interview with 98.7 KISS FM's Lenny Green, Larry confirmed that although he hasn't met Drake, he does believe the rapper is his nephew. Formerly a member of Sly and the Family Stone, Larry Graham is the frontman of funk band Graham Central Station. In 1998 he released GCS 2000, a collaborative album with Prince. In recent years he has toured with Prince as an opening act and has performed as recently as June during Bonarroo 2013.

Mabon "Teenie" Hodges helped write 12 of Al Green's million-selling singles in the early '70s, including "Love & Happiness" and "Take Me To The River." In the interview with Nardwuar, Drake talks about his Uncle Teenie as well as Green's longtime producer, "Uncle Willie" Mitchell, who ran the famed Royal Studios in Memphis

WeGetRing2012
12-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Link ?

I don't find this true.

Listen to his music. He talks about it on "Look What You've Done"

GOBB
12-31-2013, 08:25 AM
If Drake had connects why would he sign with YMCMB? Drake is a stand alone artist. So why sign with Lil Wayne who is signed with Birdman? Makes no sense if he had these deep family connects in music. His first couple mixtapes didnt even sell. His big break came because of Lil Wayne. Thats when he started to blow up because of Wayne popularity.

So we are saying Drake family connects reached out to Wayne camp and got things done? :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 01:46 PM
If Drake had connects why would he sign with YMCMB? Drake is a stand alone artist. So why sign with Lil Wayne who is signed with Birdman? Makes no sense if he had these deep family connects in music. His first couple mixtapes didnt even sell. His big break came because of Lil Wayne. Thats when he started to blow up because of Wayne popularity.

So we are saying Drake family connects reached out to Wayne camp and got things done? :confusedshrug:

I'm saying that being in the industry around people that will actually talk to you and deal with you is a leg up on someone who can't even get a meeting with people because they are a "nobody."

Lil Wayne is more likely to talk to a guy with ties to the industry and a tv show than he is a smuck off the street.

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Do you know the music business? That doesnt mean he's rich.
Living in Houston and Canada with well to do parents when most of your contemporaries are from the ghetto is akin to growing up rich.

Burgz V2
12-31-2013, 04:20 PM
anyone think this is worth going to?

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 04:23 PM
anyone think this is worth going to?

This seems no different from the Raptors "Red Party", but it's happening during a game. I would just watch the game than be concerned about it being Drake's night.

Brooklyn as underachieved greatly, though.

moe94
12-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Living in Houston and Canada with well to do parents when most of your contemporaries are from the ghetto is akin to growing up rich.

Didn't Tyga grow up extremely privileged in LA making videos clowning rap culture? Wasn't Lil Wayne a millionaire since single digits? None of them grew up poor.

Burgz V2
12-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Do you know the music business? That doesnt mean he's rich.

oh sure, it must've been so hard growing up in Forest Hill. :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Where exactly in Toronto is it considered a "poor area" to live in ?

I really don't see any, to be honest.

moe94
12-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Where exactly in Toronto is it considered a "poor area" to live in ?

I really don't see any, to be honest.

The absolutely dangerous Jane and Finch, Rexdale and Dixon areas...

Joke of course being they'd be considered the burbs to real ghettos. :roll:

Legends66NBA7
12-31-2013, 05:09 PM
The absolutely dangerous Jane and Finch, Rexdale and Dixon areas...

Joke of course being they'd be considered the burbs to real ghettos. :roll:

Oh yeah... forgot about Jane and Finch for some reason. I've been there a couple of times, I really didn't think it was that bad.

Bibby4Three
12-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Why rip on Drake? Because he made it??

Haters gonna hate.

Budadiiii
12-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Drake is the only rapper in history who get's taken literally.

Material is hard to come by. Sometimes cliche anthems do the trick.

Brokenbeat
12-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Why rip on Drake? Because he made it??

Haters gonna hate.

Yup, that's always the reason. Has nothing to do with his terrible cookie cutter music, or the fact that most of his fans don't know any better. Mindless music, for the mindless masses - A match made in heaven. :facepalm

Bibby4Three
12-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Yup, that's always the reason. Has nothing to do with his terrible cookie cutter music, or the fact that most of his fans don't know any better. Mindless music, for the mindless masses - A match made in heaven. :facepalm

Really? Cookie Cutter Music? We are not talking about Wayne here. Drake is HUGE throughout the music industry. Go to HotNewHipHop and look at top 100 releases....his shit has 100,000s of more views.

Stereotyping his fans much??? Everyone likes at least one Drake song. Sorry it's not some underground Tech9 stuff that all the hipsters want to think is great because not many listen too...

:hammerhead:

Brokenbeat
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Really? Cookie Cutter Music? We are not talking about Wayne here. Drake is HUGE throughout the music industry. Go to HotNewHipHop and look at top 100 releases....his shit has 100,000s of more views.

Stereotyping his fans much??? Everyone likes at least one Drake song. Sorry it's not some underground Tech9 stuff that all the hipsters want to think is great because not many listen too...

So that makes it good, right? My bad... :facepalm

Bibby4Three
12-31-2013, 05:26 PM
So that makes it good, right? My bad... :facepalm

Nah it makes it popular by all Hip-Hop fans....not just some stereotypical group that you mentioned.

It's okay we all know you sing along to a few Drizzy songs when they come on.

Brokenbeat
12-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Nah it makes it popular by all Hip-Hop fans....not just some stereotypical group that you mentioned.

It's okay we all know you sing along to a few Drizzy songs when they come on.

And when is that? I don't listen to the radio because I can think for myself. :confusedshrug:

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Didn't Tyga grow up extremely privileged in LA making videos clowning rap culture? Wasn't Lil Wayne a millionaire since single digits? None of them grew up poor.
I agree that contemporary rappers don't follow that convention or whatever but you just named a couple guys whereas most rappers come from meager beginnings.

moe94
12-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah... forgot about Jane and Finch for some reason. I've been there a couple of times, I really didn't think it was that bad.
It's not. It's all hype. Toronto is hilariously safe.

And when is that? I don't listen to the radio because I can think for myself. :confusedshrug:

:rolleyes:

Go Getter
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM

I'm on the fence. I don't think Drake is a rapper I think he is a pop star that can rap. I don't dig his sensitive slow songs but when he goes in idk how u can hate.

Quizno
12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
lol there's so much ignorance in these posts. people just straight up hate on famous people. waaaahhhh drake wasn't REALLY poor so he's a bitch and **** his music!!! it was EASY for him to come up because he had an almost-famous-but-not-quite-in-fact-you-ve-definitely-never-heard-of-him uncle who he's never met and isn't even 100% sure he's related to him hook it up and pave his way in the rap industry even though his father has no connections to that genre!!! gosh he's so GAY!!

acting like some females in here :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

People like to build their own story about my life. I don’t know if it makes them feel better, or if it makes it okay for them to not like me, but the last thing I grew up as was rich.

I had rich friends, but they weren’t giving me their money. I’m just not the type of guy to go ‘No, no, no, I’m not rich.’ People can say whatever they want about me, though. If they really want to learn them, the facts are out there. But I guess it’s easier on their hearts if I didn’t have to struggle, and makes it easier to not like me. It is what it is.